Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Llorente 20:41 - May 26 with 6216 viewsEasternJack

Apologies if a Ferdy

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/25/fernando-llorente-reveals-phone-call-with-antonio-

Seems to confirm most people's votes that he'll likely be on his way...

"
Llorente, who finished the campaign with 15 Premier League goals, claims that he was called by Conte a few months ago but Swansea blocked the transfer.

‘We [Swansea] were in a delicate moment and it was logical that they would not let me leave,’ the striker told Cadena SER

But Llorente remains open to the possibility of joining the Premier League champions this summer.
‘I have a year of contract [remaining] and I am very happy. It is logical that offers could arrive but we will see,’ he said.

‘Let’s see what can happen in football. I hope things go well, if I stay or if I’m going.

‘I will never say no to a return to Spain.’

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Llorente on 20:59 - May 26 with 6139 viewsGriffting

I'll be disappointed if he leaves for his sake tbh. He hasn't seen this type of form for a long time, or this amount of game time. If he leaves it will likely be to a top clubs bench, getting on for the last 10 minutes of games. A player of his quality should be playing week in and week out while he still can. Chance to add 1 or 2 more trophies to his collection though, and if a good offer comes in the board will have to serously consider it at his age.
Llorente on 21:13 - May 26 with 6076 viewsjack247

Llorente on 20:59 - May 26 by Griffting

I'll be disappointed if he leaves for his sake tbh. He hasn't seen this type of form for a long time, or this amount of game time. If he leaves it will likely be to a top clubs bench, getting on for the last 10 minutes of games. A player of his quality should be playing week in and week out while he still can. Chance to add 1 or 2 more trophies to his collection though, and if a good offer comes in the board will have to serously consider it at his age.

Honestly, if he goes, I won't care how much game time he gets. It's ultimately going to come down to him if he signs to go on a massive teams bench. With a year on his contract we are going to consider most serious offers.

That looks very much like a 'come and get me'. Especially after he said he stayed at Christmas because there was 'a cause' in fighting relegation. Siggys statement was pretty ambiguous. That one isn't.
Llorente on 21:50 - May 26 with 5984 viewsRancid

I still find it baffling that he's being linked to someone like Chelsea.Maybe 4 or 5 years ago but surely he isn't going to be good enough for what they'll be setting their sights on.It'll be a sideways move back to Spain I think.Someone like Sociedad or Villareal.
Llorente on 21:51 - May 26 with 5980 viewsSwansea93

And to think he was brought in to be our bench warmer.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Llorente on 22:09 - May 26 with 5907 viewsGriffting

Llorente on 21:13 - May 26 by jack247

Honestly, if he goes, I won't care how much game time he gets. It's ultimately going to come down to him if he signs to go on a massive teams bench. With a year on his contract we are going to consider most serious offers.

That looks very much like a 'come and get me'. Especially after he said he stayed at Christmas because there was 'a cause' in fighting relegation. Siggys statement was pretty ambiguous. That one isn't.

If he goes, he won't be getting much game time at all. Certainly not as much as he'd be getting here. I can't see any Spanish teams that will be interested offering anything worth our while, and the only PL side I can see coming for him is Chelsea, because they've been linked before. His best bet would be to stay and continue rediscovering his form infront of goal. Although, I agree that he seems very interested in a move.
Llorente on 06:27 - May 27 with 5476 viewsjack247

Llorente on 21:50 - May 26 by Rancid

I still find it baffling that he's being linked to someone like Chelsea.Maybe 4 or 5 years ago but surely he isn't going to be good enough for what they'll be setting their sights on.It'll be a sideways move back to Spain I think.Someone like Sociedad or Villareal.

If Chelsea want him it's to come on for the last 10-15 minutes if they are chasing a goal. I can't think of many better impact subs to be fair
Llorente on 06:29 - May 27 with 5471 viewsSwansNZ

If he's got any hope of getting a return to the Spanish team, he'd stand a better chance by playing for us than sat on Chelsea's bench.

Did Conte really phone him to discuss a move? Did we give permission for that?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Llorente on 08:38 - May 27 with 5278 viewsswan65split

i have a deep down feeling he aint going anywhere, from being a t big european clubs and living the high life, I have a feeling lil old swansea has hit home.
Login to get fewer ads

Llorente on 08:43 - May 27 with 5269 viewsexiledinenglandjack

It's a stick or twist situation, not just for him, but for us too. As it's been said, the twist situation for him is that he might go to Chelsea potentially pick up a trophy or two and play some time in the champions league once again. Or, if he moved to a Spanish team he would be closer to home etc. However, his stick option would be to be the fulcrum of our attack in a familiar place, the classic big fish in a small pond. Also, I doubt the teams that would be in for him and I include Chelsea in this, would be offering better wages than he has here. I say this because a) we pay more than 75% of the Spanish league b) I can't see Chelsea offering favourable terms to a bit part 32 year old.

Our stick and twist situation is that if we're to twist and sell him now, we'd obviously have the chance to ride the wave of his good form and get a semi decent price (here's hoping that Huw values our assets properly). However, that'll mean we are getting rid of a player that knows the club, the league and who has proven his worth to us and some.

So I'd be more than happy to stick with him and see it through next season, with hopefully similar effect and obviously his commitment to the team.
Llorente on 11:03 - May 27 with 5058 viewspencoedjack

Llorente on 06:27 - May 27 by jack247

If Chelsea want him it's to come on for the last 10-15 minutes if they are chasing a goal. I can't think of many better impact subs to be fair

This ^
Llorente on 11:20 - May 27 with 5018 viewsSilverSurfer

Totally a nothing interview he don't say anything one way or another.

Untill he actually says he wants to go or we accept an offer for him then it's just another non story
Llorente on 04:03 - May 29 with 4625 viewsWanderer

And he is hardly going to travel up from London to watch the Scarlets every other week.
Llorente on 04:13 - May 29 with 4617 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"Swansea blocked the transfer."

So, a big club wanted one of our best players...and we said "fuq off, he's under contract."

What a novel concept.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Llorente on 08:04 - May 29 with 4470 viewsFireboy

Llorente on 06:27 - May 27 by jack247

Chelsea already have Batshuayi for that role
Llorente on 08:35 - May 29 with 4405 viewsWhiterockin

Llorente on 08:04 - May 29 by Fireboy

Totally different type of player.

Batshuayi is not a target man or as good in the air. Strengths you often need when chasing a game in the last 15 minutes.
Llorente on 09:36 - May 29 with 4313 viewsjack247

Llorente on 08:04 - May 29 by Fireboy

No they don't. They want someone they can chuck balls into the box at when they need a goal, that's if they still want him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024