Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Handmaid's Tale 17:20 - May 29 with 1479 viewsMeraki

Just watched the first episode on 4OD, awesome viewing!

Based on the novel by Margaret Atwood.

From Wiki:

"In a dystopian near-future, the totalitarian and Christian fundamentalist government of Gilead rules the former United States amidst an ongoing civil war. Society is organized along a new, militarized, hierarchical regime of Bible-inspired social and religious fanaticism and newly-created social classes, in which women are brutally subjugated, and by law are not allowed to work, own property, control money, or read. Widespread infertility due to warfare-induced environmental contamination has resulted in the conscription of the few remaining fertile women – called Handmaids, according to Biblical precedent – who are assigned to the homes of the ruling elite, where they must submit to ritualized sex with their male masters in order to become pregnant and bear children for those men and their wives."
The Handmaid's Tale on 17:22 - May 29 with 1472 viewscentrestandswan

Wondering whether it was worth watching shall watch it on catchup.Cheers.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Handmaid's Tale on 17:25 - May 29 with 1461 viewsDafyddHuw

Not to be confused with The Handmaiden, a Korean film which came out last year.

Absolutely spellbinding.
The Handmaid's Tale on 17:25 - May 29 with 1461 viewsmonmouth

None of it is made up as I understand it? All happened somewhere at some time.

Too tough to watch for me I think. Old Tom and Jerry cartoons is as much as I can manage these days. World always has been, is and always will be a shitty place. Generally much more so for women.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Handmaid's Tale on 21:06 - May 29 with 1395 viewsPegojack

The Handmaid's Tale on 17:25 - May 29 by monmouth

None of it is made up as I understand it? All happened somewhere at some time.

Too tough to watch for me I think. Old Tom and Jerry cartoons is as much as I can manage these days. World always has been, is and always will be a shitty place. Generally much more so for women.

I thought the second sentence was a pretty good description of the Islamic State.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024