Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning 07:43 - May 30 with 1036 viewsGlyn1

There are various Wales-related stories on BBC1 Breakfast this morning.

These include at 8:20 a report from Gower on the election there.

[Post edited 30 May 2017 7:45]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 09:09 - May 30 with 977 viewsperchrockjack

Switched on .took two minutes...we are the poorest country in Western Europe.

Not good image is it

Not paradise then

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 14:05 - May 30 with 896 viewsLord_Bony

New figures suggest the economies of west Wales and the south Wales valleys has fallen further behind the European average and the poorest in the UK.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 14:11 - May 30 with 878 viewsDarran

Where's the other Piers gone from this thread then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 15:43 - May 30 with 822 viewsburty

Im from the Rhondda they cut the hospitals to the bone and nurses round here definetely goto the foodbanks.
BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 15:49 - May 30 with 809 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 15:43 - May 30 by burty

Im from the Rhondda they cut the hospitals to the bone and nurses round here definetely goto the foodbanks.

But health in Wales is run by Labour and has been for years.

Why though, ignoring that since it's irrelevant to my question, are nurses in the Rhondda using food banks? I simply don't understand why that would be necessary.
BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 15:54 - May 30 with 801 viewsLohengrin

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 15:49 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

But health in Wales is run by Labour and has been for years.

Why though, ignoring that since it's irrelevant to my question, are nurses in the Rhondda using food banks? I simply don't understand why that would be necessary.

Don't listen to the silly buggers! The lefties on here paint a picture so abstract Mondrian would be proud to claim it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:01 - May 30 with 785 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 15:54 - May 30 by Lohengrin

Don't listen to the silly buggers! The lefties on here paint a picture so abstract Mondrian would be proud to claim it.

It's ridiculous mun.

I can completely understand why a nurse would struggle London due to the cost of living (the London allowance is nowhere near enough to make up the housing cost difference), but in the Rhondda? Give me a break.

The starting salary for a newly qualified nurse is £21,692, rising to £28,180 (I just looked it up after seeing this nonsense). A more senior nurse ranges from £26,041 to £34,876. For now I'm ignoring senior grades (which go up to over £67k). On top of that, they get payment for anti social hours, pension, sickness and maternity benefits.

I'm not saying that those amounts are huge, but by God they don't necessitate trips to a food bank.

If people earning twenty odd grand a year in the Rhondda are genuinely using food banks then they are taking the p*ss.
BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:04 - May 30 with 775 viewsraynor94

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 15:43 - May 30 by burty

Oops

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:15 - May 30 with 749 viewsLohengrin

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:01 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

It's ridiculous mun.

I can completely understand why a nurse would struggle London due to the cost of living (the London allowance is nowhere near enough to make up the housing cost difference), but in the Rhondda? Give me a break.

The starting salary for a newly qualified nurse is £21,692, rising to £28,180 (I just looked it up after seeing this nonsense). A more senior nurse ranges from £26,041 to £34,876. For now I'm ignoring senior grades (which go up to over £67k). On top of that, they get payment for anti social hours, pension, sickness and maternity benefits.

I'm not saying that those amounts are huge, but by God they don't necessitate trips to a food bank.

If people earning twenty odd grand a year in the Rhondda are genuinely using food banks then they are taking the p*ss.

Party pooper, you are, coming on here with your sensible analysis raining on a fairy tale.

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:23 - May 30 with 738 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:15 - May 30 by Lohengrin

Party pooper, you are, coming on here with your sensible analysis raining on a fairy tale.

Oh, it gets on my wick. There are many many people really struggling in this country at the moment. People working for minimum wage, f*** all benefits, zero hours contracts, not knowing whether they're coming or going, unable to plan for anything. There are also people waiting weeks for absolutely no reason for benefits after losing their job through no fault of their own. People with mental health problems living on the streets.

All of these things are an utter disgrace.

People on twenty odd grand a year in the Rhondda can f*** right off if they go near a food bank.
BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:24 - May 30 with 735 viewsLohengrin

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:23 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

Oh, it gets on my wick. There are many many people really struggling in this country at the moment. People working for minimum wage, f*** all benefits, zero hours contracts, not knowing whether they're coming or going, unable to plan for anything. There are also people waiting weeks for absolutely no reason for benefits after losing their job through no fault of their own. People with mental health problems living on the streets.

All of these things are an utter disgrace.

People on twenty odd grand a year in the Rhondda can f*** right off if they go near a food bank.

"People on twenty odd grand a year in the Rhondda can f*** right off if they go near a food bank."

It's not really happening, mun.

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:30 - May 30 with 725 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 16:24 - May 30 by Lohengrin

"People on twenty odd grand a year in the Rhondda can f*** right off if they go near a food bank."

It's not really happening, mun.

In which case, people thinking that people on that sort of money need to use food banks can f*** right off instead.

BBC Breakfast is from Wales this morning on 17:17 - May 30 with 686 viewsperchrockjack

Lisa makes a fair analysis

It's also the case some choose to sleep on the streets rather than at a hostel

More perch shyte? No, the Lord Major of Liverpool....there are adequate places for people to sleep and no need to sleep in a doorway

Not convinced myself but I've no doubt unfortunate homeless people are being used car,as are others,for corbyns political end.

And don't tell me Di Ab has any empathy with the homeless

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024