Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? 19:48 - May 30 with 7505 viewsbluenile

http://readbundesliga.com/2017/05/30/west-ham-target-davie-selke-close-joining-s

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:51 - May 30 with 6765 viewsmax936

If he's valued at 5mill its a done deal

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:54 - May 30 with 6721 viewsairedale

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:51 - May 30 by max936

£7mill mun, flation init.
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:55 - May 30 with 6714 viewsraynor94

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:51 - May 30 by max936

Jesus Max, you have done that gag to death, it's the new Rossis Rissole

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:57 - May 30 with 6700 viewsswanjackal

Didn't he used to do the swimming adverts?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 20:10 - May 30 with 6593 viewsLoyal

I remember when Selkie scored shirts available soon.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 20:16 - May 30 with 6548 viewsLeonWasGod

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:57 - May 30 by swanjackal

Swim away, swim away, swim away

If it happens, welcome Schecter, er Schelkie or whatever he's called.
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 20:27 - May 30 with 6444 viewsjack2jack

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:57 - May 30 by swanjackal

David Wilkie
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 20:32 - May 30 with 6429 viewsmax936

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 19:55 - May 30 by raynor94

Jesus Max, you have done that gag to death, it's the new Rossis Rissole

I haven't only once or twice mun, you're confused, its an age thing you'll get used to it

Login to get fewer ads

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 20:49 - May 30 with 6331 viewsBanosswan

His agent's in England, so must be lost.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:04 - May 30 with 6232 viewsLeonWasGod

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 20:49 - May 30 by Banosswan

His agent's in England, so must be lost.

Probably flown into Cardiff, England
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:26 - May 30 with 6109 viewsSwansea93

This guy in Gomis out? Seeing as Gomis is off to Turkey tomorrow apparently.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:58 - May 30 with 5917 viewslonglostjack

£8m max I'd say.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 22:31 - May 30 with 5790 viewsWxmJax

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:58 - May 30 by longlostjack

£8m max I'd say.

Max reckons £5m.........

.........and all the Rossi's Rissoles he can eat.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 22:36 - May 30 with 5758 viewsmax936

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 22:31 - May 30 by WxmJax

Max reckons £5m.........

.........and all the Rossi's Rissoles he can eat.

I've recalculated that figure now to 4,9999,99
[Post edited 30 May 2017 22:37]

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 01:45 - May 31 with 5546 viewsNirvana

I like Selke, he's a young talent, and he'd be a great backup to Llorente at the right price.

But I wonder what this means for Borja (and Llorente to a lesser extent) and it certainly decreases his value on the market. I can't imagine clubs will be willing to pay an appropriate fee for him knowing we absolutely have to sell.

We should be strengthening other, weaker positions first while simultaneously attempting to offload Borja for a reasonable price. If we can't, we should give him another shot next season to prove himself under Clement, assuming we keep Llorente.

Jenkins just really doesn't get it, does he? He's always a couple steps, at least, behind everyone else and he needs to go.
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 06:55 - May 31 with 5378 viewsjack247

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 01:45 - May 31 by Nirvana

I like Selke, he's a young talent, and he'd be a great backup to Llorente at the right price.

But I wonder what this means for Borja (and Llorente to a lesser extent) and it certainly decreases his value on the market. I can't imagine clubs will be willing to pay an appropriate fee for him knowing we absolutely have to sell.

We should be strengthening other, weaker positions first while simultaneously attempting to offload Borja for a reasonable price. If we can't, we should give him another shot next season to prove himself under Clement, assuming we keep Llorente.

Jenkins just really doesn't get it, does he? He's always a couple steps, at least, behind everyone else and he needs to go.

In my opinion, we need to loan Borja back to la Liga, particularly if we can get someone to cover all his wages. Hopefully he will restore a bit of value and we can move him on at a decent price this time next year.

You never know which direction Clement will want to go though. Last season was all about survival with the players he had at his disposal, we needed a target man for that, Borja was completely unsuitable. If he wants to play with a more fluid, less direct style, particularly with Llorente making noises about leaving, we may well keep him.
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 08:03 - May 31 with 5250 viewsABERSWAN

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 01:45 - May 31 by Nirvana

If other clubs were looking at him,then it's good that Swansea have moved quickly and made the signing. Also if Gomis is off to Turkey,it is one out and one in.
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 20:49 - May 31 with 4847 viewsNirvana

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 06:55 - May 31 by jack247

In my opinion, we need to loan Borja back to la Liga, particularly if we can get someone to cover all his wages. Hopefully he will restore a bit of value and we can move him on at a decent price this time next year.

You never know which direction Clement will want to go though. Last season was all about survival with the players he had at his disposal, we needed a target man for that, Borja was completely unsuitable. If he wants to play with a more fluid, less direct style, particularly with Llorente making noises about leaving, we may well keep him.

Agreed, 247, excellent points.

I would prefer the loan to La Liga if we're done with the guy, as well, and with the right club he would look a different player to the Borja we all know. I watch a lot of Spanish football and to be fair to him he's a goalscorer and not much else, and his 'foray' with us is his first time playing outside his home country. Evidence says it was always going to take some time, and it wasn't going to be a perfect fit anyway. Then he got injured, Llorente started scoring goals and now we're here, just to fast-forward a bit.

Jenkins' incompetence makes him incredibly unpredictable, and everything hinges on what happens to Siggy/Llorente this summer. Assuming and hoping we keep both, I feel our best plan is to sign a pacy striker/winger type like Marcel Sabitzer (RB Leipzig) or Maximilian Philipp (Freiburg) that can be shifted around the pitch to fill holes depending on who's healthy and in-form. Essentially the Routledge role during our time in the PL, but with some added physicality and quality.

I'd do that and keep Borja, to be honest, at least for the pre-season for Clement to give him a chance to prove himself. Then, we re-evaluate based on the results and maybe go for the loan back to Spain.
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:07 - May 31 with 4782 viewsDr_Winston

As well as Llorente did last season I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least try to be a bit more fluid about the way we attack rather than be as dependent upon the set piece whether he stays here or not.

Given the way Ayew ended the season if we can acquire someone to operate on the other flank in a similar fashion that would give us the opportunity to move Siggy back into the middle where he's previously been effective playing off a targetman.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:12 - May 31 with 4759 viewsNirvana

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 08:03 - May 31 by ABERSWAN

If other clubs were looking at him,then it's good that Swansea have moved quickly and made the signing. Also if Gomis is off to Turkey,it is one out and one in.

I would agree that it is a good sign if we are attempting to conduct our transfers early, as opposed to after everyone else has picked off all the good players.

But I don't like the idea of possibly having FOUR borderline starting strikers in our squad at one time. If Gomis is off that's one down but he wasn't even with us last season, so technically he wouldn't really be "one out". That happened last summer for him.

We would need to get rid of either Borja or Llorente to sign Selke, and we need to fill other positions with that money anyway. That's what I'd be doing right now instead of looking for a backup striker. 
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:28 - May 31 with 4689 viewsNirvana

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:07 - May 31 by Dr_Winston

As well as Llorente did last season I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least try to be a bit more fluid about the way we attack rather than be as dependent upon the set piece whether he stays here or not.

Given the way Ayew ended the season if we can acquire someone to operate on the other flank in a similar fashion that would give us the opportunity to move Siggy back into the middle where he's previously been effective playing off a targetman.

Agreed, Doc.

A bit more fluidity and dynamism to our attack would be a very good thing, and a necessity within the PL. It almost cost us last season, and Jenkins should learn from that lesson.

Ayew looked great once he was comfortable within his role, and we need some similar quality on the wing opposite him. I would be doing everything I could to sign either Sabitzer or Philipp, as I feel they have the quality and skills we're missing.

A few more names for anyone interested:

- Mark Uth (Hoffenheim)
- Nicolas de Preville (Lille)
- Milot Rashica (Vitesse)
- Nadiem Amiri (Hoffenheim)
- Siebe Schrijvers (Genk)
- Louis Schaub (Rapid Vienna)
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 14:27 - Jun 1 with 4382 viewslonglostjack

Davie Selke to sign for Hertha Berlin

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 04:27 - Aug 12 with 3622 viewsNirvana

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 21:28 - May 31 by Nirvana

Agreed, Doc.

A bit more fluidity and dynamism to our attack would be a very good thing, and a necessity within the PL. It almost cost us last season, and Jenkins should learn from that lesson.

Ayew looked great once he was comfortable within his role, and we need some similar quality on the wing opposite him. I would be doing everything I could to sign either Sabitzer or Philipp, as I feel they have the quality and skills we're missing.

A few more names for anyone interested:

- Mark Uth (Hoffenheim)
- Nicolas de Preville (Lille)
- Milot Rashica (Vitesse)
- Nadiem Amiri (Hoffenheim)
- Siebe Schrijvers (Genk)
- Louis Schaub (Rapid Vienna)

Came back to this post to update Burnley's interest in de Preville as a replacement for Gray:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3176764/transfer-rater

Interesting to note that some on here were already touting a "mobile front line" as far back as May. Maybe Clement reads every post on PS, trawling for ideas? Haha yeah, no. It was obvious to anyone watching us last season that there wasn't enough movement in the forward line, and many have said it for some time.

But anyway, Burnley are after quite the footballer here. If the Siggy deal goes through soon, maybe we'll even jump into the race for the guy. I know we don't have a great history with strikers from Lille, but this guy has game. He can play on the wing, up front, or behind the striker. He's a lot like Ayew, but far more lethal in front of goal.

Great signing, whoever ends up getting him, and in the prime of his career. I wonder if Sean Dyche is reading my posts? Haha. Anyway, just for you Neefie:

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 17:10 - Aug 12 with 3135 viewsjackpot

That article was 2 months old.
Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 17:21 - Aug 12 with 3047 viewsNirvana

Davie Selkie about to sign for us? on 17:10 - Aug 12 by jackpot

That article was 2 months old.

The Selkie one in the OP, yes.

The de Preville I linked to was from a few days ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024