Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darran Planet Swans 24/7 11:06 - May 31 with 4496 viewsplanetswansadmin

[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 21:39]
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 11:19 - May 31 with 4459 viewsWarwickHunt

I thought Eibar were the new Falkirk?
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 11:34 - May 31 with 4426 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 11:19 - May 31 by WarwickHunt

Ajax are the new Eibar.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 11:41 - May 31 with 4398 viewslondonlisa2001

Yeah but Barnsley are Ei-bar-gum.
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 11:45 - May 31 with 4387 viewsexiledinenglandjack

We've been linked with this guy for a while, think we went in for him in January too
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 12:01 - May 31 with 4318 viewsKerouac

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 11:45 - May 31 by exiledinenglandjack

We've been linked with this guy for a while, think we went in for him in January too

Why do lazy journalists always just say "full-back" instead of "right-back" or "left-back"...seems like I always have to look up which side they play on for myself!

...he's a right-back.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 12:02]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 12:13 - May 31 with 4266 viewsYossarian

Just what we need- home grown and hungry.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 12:49 - May 31 with 4168 viewsjasper_T

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 12:13 - May 31 by Yossarian

Just what we need- home grown and hungry.

We need Quality above all else.
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 13:19 - May 31 with 4065 viewswaynekerr55

I thought Eibar was a cheap and strong alcoholic drink purchased in Scotland.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:47 - May 31 with 3701 viewsNirvana

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 12:49 - May 31 by jasper_T

Great point again, Jasper.

Never heard of the guy, honestly, as I don't watch much Championship football, but I'm sure he's probably not markedly better than Naughton. That's what we need right now, not an unproven semi-young player.

Some better options (a few mentioned already):

- Capa (Eibar)
- Sébastien Corchia (Lille)
- Thomas Foket (Gent)
- Santiago Arias (PSV)
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 22:49 - May 31 with 3604 viewsKilkennyjack

Well we do need a right back.

Beware of the Risen People

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 00:04 - Jun 1 with 3534 viewsWarwickHunt

Who does he play for?
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 00:05 - Jun 1 with 3532 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:47 - May 31 by Nirvana

Never heard of the guy, honestly, as I don't watch much Championship football, but I'm sure he's probably not markedly better than Naughton. That's what we need right now, not an unproven semi-young player.

- Capa (Eibar)
- Thomas Foket (Gent)
- Santiago Arias (PSV)

We could get Arias for a song.
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 08:59 - Jun 1 with 3370 viewsMartyrman57

I'll note that. Hope there's no strings attached and he strikes the right cord.
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 09:03 - Jun 1 with 3357 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 11:41 - May 31 by londonlisa2001

Yeah but Barnsley are Ei-bar-gum.

Definitely not eck eee thump

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 19:48 - Jul 3 with 2997 viewsNirvana

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:47 - May 31 by Nirvana

- Capa (Eibar)
- Thomas Foket (Gent)
- Santiago Arias (PSV)

Watford apparently in for Lille RB Sébastien Corchia with £6m bid:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/22/watford-target-sebastien-corchia-would-be-i

Worth another mention, given Watford's interest. Since we've seemingly given up our pursuit of Arias (too expensive for Jenkins, anyway) we should be making every attempt to sign Corchia. Wonderful footballer, excellent in defence and attack, and would instantly become first-choice every week for us. His positioning, crossing, and free-kicks are consistently top-quality; and he's an experienced professional capable of playing on the wing or in midfield.

Would be an excellent signing, especially for us, but I doubt Jenkins has ever heard of him. £6m is awfully close to his expertise, though, so fingers crossed we're in this behind the scenes.

No highlights, but the guy can do stuff like this:

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:13 - Jul 6 with 2723 viewsNirvana

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 19:48 - Jul 3 by Nirvana

Watford apparently in for Lille RB Sébastien Corchia with £6m bid:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/22/watford-target-sebastien-corchia-would-be-i

Worth another mention, given Watford's interest. Since we've seemingly given up our pursuit of Arias (too expensive for Jenkins, anyway) we should be making every attempt to sign Corchia. Wonderful footballer, excellent in defence and attack, and would instantly become first-choice every week for us. His positioning, crossing, and free-kicks are consistently top-quality; and he's an experienced professional capable of playing on the wing or in midfield.

Would be an excellent signing, especially for us, but I doubt Jenkins has ever heard of him. £6m is awfully close to his expertise, though, so fingers crossed we're in this behind the scenes.

No highlights, but the guy can do stuff like this:

Crystal Palace apparently in for Corchia, as well:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/04/report-palace-ready-to-challenge-galatasara

Simply put, if Watford and Palace are the PL clubs battling Sevilla and Galatasaray, we should be too. Corchia's in the prime of his career, and has been linked with Arsenal for awhile. Bellerin seems to be staying, so I guess they're not too interested at the moment.

The next best thing would be us. Corchia would be a perfect fit on the pitch, and his price is right up Jenkins' alley. It would be another inspired signing, and the Barnsley guy or Emi Buendia wouldn't. Hopefully, someone at the club will realize that soon.
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:25 - Jul 6 with 2655 viewsGlyn1

How about getting Korbin Jackson for the under-21s?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/4026e914-c552-4b3b-bd43-d4b3cf327dee

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:36 - Jul 6 with 2610 viewspencoedjack

Alf hasn't turned out to bad.

What's the name of the Leeds full back linked with Burnley ?
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:47 - Jul 6 with 2554 viewsNirvana

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:25 - Jul 6 by Glyn1

How about getting Korbin Jackson for the under-21s?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/4026e914-c552-4b3b-bd43-d4b3cf327dee

Haha, terrific Glyn.
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:50 - Jul 6 with 2542 viewsraynor94

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:36 - Jul 6 by pencoedjack

Alf hasn't turned out to bad.

What's the name of the Leeds full back linked with Burnley ?

Charlie Taylor, signed for Burnley today

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 22:09 - Jul 6 with 2451 viewsNirvana

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:50 - Jul 6 by raynor94

Charlie Taylor, signed for Burnley today

He's a LB, though, and I think we're okay there for now. Maybe next season, if Olsson ages quickly and Kingsley can't cut it.

But we need an established professional RB, someone that can come in and instantly be in our XI. Capa/Corchia/Arias will do. None of these young guys are going to do that, or even push Naughton for action.

Foolish of us, yet again, if we don't strengthen here with quality. Naughton is not PL starting material, he just doesn't have the focus, composure or confidence for it.
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 22:27 - Jul 6 with 2367 viewsraynor94

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 22:09 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

He's a LB, though, and I think we're okay there for now. Maybe next season, if Olsson ages quickly and Kingsley can't cut it.

But we need an established professional RB, someone that can come in and instantly be in our XI. Capa/Corchia/Arias will do. None of these young guys are going to do that, or even push Naughton for action.

Foolish of us, yet again, if we don't strengthen here with quality. Naughton is not PL starting material, he just doesn't have the focus, composure or confidence for it.

I was just answering Pencoed, I wasn't suggesting signing another left back

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 22:33 - Jul 6 with 2332 viewsNirvana

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 22:27 - Jul 6 by raynor94

I was just answering Pencoed, I wasn't suggesting signing another left back

I know you weren't, Raynor.

I just used your post as a springboard to make a quick point. Sorry that wasn't communicated better.

Thanks for answering Pencoed, though, because the Championship is not my forte and never will be (hopefully, knock on wood).
Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 02:13 - Jul 13 with 2028 viewsNirvana

Swans Hunting Barnsley Defenders Again? on 21:13 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

Crystal Palace apparently in for Corchia, as well:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/04/report-palace-ready-to-challenge-galatasara

Simply put, if Watford and Palace are the PL clubs battling Sevilla and Galatasaray, we should be too. Corchia's in the prime of his career, and has been linked with Arsenal for awhile. Bellerin seems to be staying, so I guess they're not too interested at the moment.

The next best thing would be us. Corchia would be a perfect fit on the pitch, and his price is right up Jenkins' alley. It would be another inspired signing, and the Barnsley guy or Emi Buendia wouldn't. Hopefully, someone at the club will realize that soon.

Corchia travelling to Seville for medical:

https://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Le-losc-et-le-seville-fc-ont-trouve-un-

Would've been a perfect fit and inexpensive (€5-6m) signing for us, but c'est la vie. You win some, you lose some. We got Mesa, they get Corchia.

And, we move on. Capa's still out there, Huw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024