Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sousa to Palace? 22:51 - May 31 with 2228 viewsGroo

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/odds-tumble-on-former-swansea-city-and-leices

Groo does what Groo does best

Sousa to Palace? on 23:00 - May 31 with 2211 viewsWarwickHunt

12/1. Doris Bonkers from Penge has lumped a fiver on.

Florence or Croydon? The torment must be keeping him up at night...
Sousa to Palace? on 23:29 - May 31 with 2141 viewsmajorraglan

Didn't enjoy the games I saw when he was manager, but he tightened up the defence and I think he made the most of what he had available to him. I think he would make Palace a lot harder to beat. He took Fiorentina to 5th last season and 8th this season. Rather they appointed Garry Monk.
Sousa to Palace? on 00:15 - Jun 1 with 2090 viewsairedale

Sousa to Palace? on 23:29 - May 31 by majorraglan

Didn't enjoy the games I saw when he was manager, but he tightened up the defence and I think he made the most of what he had available to him. I think he would make Palace a lot harder to beat. He took Fiorentina to 5th last season and 8th this season. Rather they appointed Garry Monk.

Fiorintino have never heard of Monk though.
Sousa to Palace? on 00:26 - Jun 1 with 2079 viewsWarwickHunt

Sousa to Palace? on 00:15 - Jun 1 by airedale

Fiorintino have never heard of Monk though.

Fiorentina have never heard of Fiorintino either.
Sousa to Palace? on 05:21 - Jun 1 with 1992 viewsicecoldjack

Superb manager for us, especially considering he was never backed with players he wanted and had to cut his cloth with an over the hilll Trundle and injury prone Beatie.

I think we saw the manager he could have been when he took control of Basle FC, they absolutely played Rodgers Liverpool off the park over 2 games so shows to me Sousa had plenty in his locker.

His remit from the club was to keep us up, almost got us promoted, finished higher than Judas with 47 goals removed from the team in Gomez and Scotland!! some acheivement .

By all accounts a really nice bloke too, hope he stays away from Palace as i think it would make it harder for us to stay up. Good manager IMO.
Sousa to Palace? on 05:40 - Jun 1 with 1988 viewsDr_Winston

Superb is a bit strong. Underrated maybe.

Did well to achieve a higher league placing despite the chaos he inherited after Martinez f*cked us over and with Monk's ego bipping in the background, but he certainly wasn't perfect.

Glad he's done even better since leaving us as he didn't deserve half the shit he took from some quarters.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sousa to Palace? on 08:32 - Jun 1 with 1818 viewsJFSwan

Martinez took us apart. We lost Gomez and Scotland and backroom staff.
He guided us to just outside the playoffs and deserves a lot more credit that he gets, especially not even mentioned in that film.

Quite rightly focused on defense, and Craig Beattie would never score 20 goals a year.
Sousa to Palace? on 08:46 - Jun 1 with 1787 viewsMoscowJack

I agree that he did well with a team most thought was going to really struggle all season, but he was far from the dedicated angel many seem to see him as.

Where was he the morning of the day before the last game of that season against Donnie (the one we NEEDED to win)? He was on a golf course, because he wasn't happy that it had rained too much and the team couldn't train outdoors!

Sousa treated our club exactly as the stepping stone we were, but instead of pretending that it was more than just that (as most managers do out of respect to the fans and owners of the club), he made it too blatantly obvious to the staff and players alike.

He deserves credit for not just keeping us up, but getting us close to the play offs, but he wasn't the right man for us, much in the same way Laudrup wasn't in his second season either. Did they both think they were far too big for our club? Maybe.

Ps Fiorentina fans won't be too disappointed if he leaves either. Most thought he was amazing initially after a brilliant start to his career there, until the wheels came off and the results changed.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

Sousa to Palace? on 09:26 - Jun 1 with 1737 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sousa to Palace? on 05:40 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

Superb is a bit strong. Underrated maybe.

Did well to achieve a higher league placing despite the chaos he inherited after Martinez f*cked us over and with Monk's ego bipping in the background, but he certainly wasn't perfect.

Glad he's done even better since leaving us as he didn't deserve half the shit he took from some quarters.

Bang on. Did you see the clip of an interview he gave on the day of the play off final. As I remember he was fondly remembering his time here. He had to play boring football because we were skint and couldn't afford what we needed.

If he'd had a fully fit Bodde and Scotland in the side we may have been automatically promoted.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sousa to Palace? on 10:10 - Jun 1 with 1680 viewsItchySphincter

The right man at the right time for us. Took El Baldino Greaesball's side and laid the foundations for Rodgers to take it forward. Eternally grateful to him for what he did here.

Hope he takes Palace down.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sousa to Palace? on 12:11 - Jun 1 with 1580 viewsYossarian

Sousa to Palace? on 05:21 - Jun 1 by icecoldjack

Superb manager for us, especially considering he was never backed with players he wanted and had to cut his cloth with an over the hilll Trundle and injury prone Beatie.

I think we saw the manager he could have been when he took control of Basle FC, they absolutely played Rodgers Liverpool off the park over 2 games so shows to me Sousa had plenty in his locker.

His remit from the club was to keep us up, almost got us promoted, finished higher than Judas with 47 goals removed from the team in Gomez and Scotland!! some acheivement .

By all accounts a really nice bloke too, hope he stays away from Palace as i think it would make it harder for us to stay up. Good manager IMO.

He got Jordi Lopez....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Sousa to Palace? on 14:38 - Jun 1 with 1456 viewsFlashberryjack

Sousa to Palace? on 08:32 - Jun 1 by JFSwan

Martinez took us apart. We lost Gomez and Scotland and backroom staff.
He guided us to just outside the playoffs and deserves a lot more credit that he gets, especially not even mentioned in that film.

Quite rightly focused on defense, and Craig Beattie would never score 20 goals a year.

Forgot to mention that he f*cked off to Wigan at the first opportunity.......after we gave him his first managerial opportunity.

At least Brendan signed a buy out clause just before he f*cked off to scouse land, plus he was kind enough to take Pascoe with him.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sousa to Palace? on 15:12 - Jun 1 with 1400 viewsicecoldjack

Sousa to Palace? on 12:11 - Jun 1 by Yossarian

He got Jordi Lopez....

Was that the player that took us apart when he was at QPR and who we all creamed ourselves over when we signed him ?

You can only p1ss with the cock you got and in fairness to Sousa he did a remarkable job with the resources on offer, as for others stating his heart wasn't in it,too much rain,on the Golf course etc,etc that may well be true but there is a constant here and that is Huw Jenkins, there comes a point in any working relationship where each person knows the man above hasn't got it/won't spend it/won't invest it or won't grow it, when these kinds of people(Sousa and Laudrup) see that then they rightly so think about their own reputations and ambitions, it's why they were as players some of the greatest ever, it's selfish but thats what they are and why they've achieved .

I have no doubt like with Laudrup, Sousa lost a bit of interest when he couldn't get his way with players, be that by moving on club favourites and cliques or signing what they think ia best not Jenkins.

Anyway, that;s just my take, i wish Sousa well and it's clear to see here that he is held in high regard by nearly all Swans fans .
Sousa to Palace? on 15:56 - Jun 1 with 1365 viewsYossarian

Fair points Icecold- and lovely turn of phrase!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Sousa to Palace? on 21:30 - Jun 1 with 1172 viewsItchySphincter

Sousa to Palace? on 15:12 - Jun 1 by icecoldjack

Was that the player that took us apart when he was at QPR and who we all creamed ourselves over when we signed him ?

You can only p1ss with the cock you got and in fairness to Sousa he did a remarkable job with the resources on offer, as for others stating his heart wasn't in it,too much rain,on the Golf course etc,etc that may well be true but there is a constant here and that is Huw Jenkins, there comes a point in any working relationship where each person knows the man above hasn't got it/won't spend it/won't invest it or won't grow it, when these kinds of people(Sousa and Laudrup) see that then they rightly so think about their own reputations and ambitions, it's why they were as players some of the greatest ever, it's selfish but thats what they are and why they've achieved .

I have no doubt like with Laudrup, Sousa lost a bit of interest when he couldn't get his way with players, be that by moving on club favourites and cliques or signing what they think ia best not Jenkins.

Anyway, that;s just my take, i wish Sousa well and it's clear to see here that he is held in high regard by nearly all Swans fans .

It's a Sousa thread, not a Laudrup thread Ants.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sousa to Palace? on 03:17 - Jun 2 with 1105 viewsJackBaston

Ive always stated that if it wasn't for Sousa, Brendan wouldn't have got us promoted the next season
he built a solid foundation and all it required was one or two good attacking signings to get us a few more goals (Sinclair)

Though I'll always have a bad memory of Sousa, away to Plymouth where we went 1-0 thanks to Pratley, and we were singing Sousa's name, and he turned to the away fans and told us to shush

Bit of a git
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024