Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rather vague question about a feature of the Swansea skyline 06:18 - Jun 3 with 1646 viewssquarebear

I was at Parc Morfa yesterday, travelling along Brunel Way in the direction of the stadium. Looking up at the skyline to my right (in a north westerly direction) I saw what looked like three uneven pillars on the horizon in the distance. Never noticed them before.

I didn't photograph them, I'm afraid, but I'm curious to know what they are, and how long they've been there. Is something in the process of being erected / demolished? Anyone know?

(Zero thread, probably).
Rather vague question about a feature of the Swansea skyline on 06:44 - Jun 3 with 1627 viewsPhileas_Fogg

It's the remains of a shelter built by John Morris for his workers during the copper age.
Rather vague question about a feature of the Swansea skyline on 07:07 - Jun 3 with 1609 viewsjacktar

Some more info here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Castle

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Rather vague question about a feature of the Swansea skyline on 08:09 - Jun 3 with 1561 viewssquarebear

Wow. Cheers both. I'm amazed I'd never ever noticed it. Father-in-law, who's lived here since 1970, hadn't seen it before either. An unobservant family we are :)
Rather vague question about a feature of the Swansea skyline on 09:17 - Jun 3 with 1514 viewsGowerjack

Rather vague question about a feature of the Swansea skyline on 08:09 - Jun 3 by squarebear

Wow. Cheers both. I'm amazed I'd never ever noticed it. Father-in-law, who's lived here since 1970, hadn't seen it before either. An unobservant family we are :)

Really?

How the hell could you have missed Morris Castle for 40 odd years ?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024