Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could supporters of brexit 11:16 - Jun 4 with 1624 viewsmonmouth

Explain why the assertions Hutton makes in here are wrong please?

And please forget the snowflake, suck it up shit, or remain reposts or jeering. I'm actually interested in a level headed assessment of the ramifications of this decision.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/03/britain-being-led-to-epic-

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Could supporters of brexit on 11:21 - Jun 4 with 1614 viewsblueytheblue

Assertions or assumptions?

"Britain will have to accept whatever the EU offers at whatever price."

I'd like to see his evidence for that bold claim.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Could supporters of brexit on 11:30 - Jun 4 with 1601 viewsunion_jack

Could supporters of brexit on 11:21 - Jun 4 by blueytheblue

Assertions or assumptions?

"Britain will have to accept whatever the EU offers at whatever price."

I'd like to see his evidence for that bold claim.

The thing is here is that anyone can create an argument to suit his or her views. The Guardian are being rather predictable here.

It is likely that all or none of this becomes true (or any points in between). We really still don't know.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Could supporters of brexit on 11:33 - Jun 4 with 1600 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A very simple reason The EU exports twice as much to us as we export to them. Do you really think the Germans are going to tell their Industrial Giants you can't export to the UK.
The French Government will not tell their farmers that either. Are Greece Spain Italy France going to ruin their tourist industries by making it difficult for British tourist to come to their Countries? They EU needs our money and trade several EU Countries economies would be very hard hit will massive unemployed without the UK. The EU will talk hard ball to start with have to compromise.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Could supporters of brexit on 11:43 - Jun 4 with 1577 viewsblueytheblue

Could supporters of brexit on 11:33 - Jun 4 by felixstowe_jack

A very simple reason The EU exports twice as much to us as we export to them. Do you really think the Germans are going to tell their Industrial Giants you can't export to the UK.
The French Government will not tell their farmers that either. Are Greece Spain Italy France going to ruin their tourist industries by making it difficult for British tourist to come to their Countries? They EU needs our money and trade several EU Countries economies would be very hard hit will massive unemployed without the UK. The EU will talk hard ball to start with have to compromise.

Being fair, you need to separate "EU" from those nations.

Of course Greece, Spain want our tourist. Of course French farmers, Germany want to trade easily with us.

The EU on the other hand want to dish out a punishment beating. They want to make it very plain to everybody what happens if you dare to leave. It's not to the Eu's benefit for Brexit to be successful for Britain; want it to be an abject failure to dissuade others from leaving.

Could supporters of brexit on 11:47 - Jun 4 with 1574 viewsrock1n

It's not about punishment or anything like that, it just basic common sense. We are not going to get a deal that is as good as we have now, period.

It's just a case of damage limitation, if it's 90% as good we'll be happy. I find this an insane state of affairs but there we go.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Could supporters of brexit on 11:56 - Jun 4 with 1563 viewsblueytheblue

Could supporters of brexit on 11:47 - Jun 4 by rock1n

It's not about punishment or anything like that, it just basic common sense. We are not going to get a deal that is as good as we have now, period.

It's just a case of damage limitation, if it's 90% as good we'll be happy. I find this an insane state of affairs but there we go.

Of course it's punishment. How dare anyone believe they can be better off outside the EU!

We're not going to be the same with the EU when leaving, obviously. People are acting as if that deal is the only deal in the world, ever.

Within the EU, we cannot make trade deals of our own with nations. With 28 nations to consider, it can be carnage getting deals done - 9 years and no deal with India for example. A report showed there were numerous nations ( examples being China, Israel etc ) that our trade was currently "underperforming". Free from the EU, those can be worked upon.

The presumption of many is that trade with non Eu nations will remain the same, a worse deal with Eu makes us worse off. I disagree; improved deals with other nations can more than offset the EU deal.

Could supporters of brexit on 12:17 - Jun 4 with 1539 viewsNogginthenog

I recently took a short bus trip to Belgium. On the return journey, the day Macron was sworn in, the French customs decided to queue all non French buses in a holding area in Calais. They did this to check all the passports of hundreds of French schoolchildren leaving on coaches to Dover. It struck me as a deliberate demonstraton of the power they can wield in dealings of trade and communication. We eventally left France 4 hours late. I fear the worst if we don't get a good deal in Brexit negotiations.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 13:13]
Could supporters of brexit on 12:18 - Jun 4 with 1536 viewsswanforthemoney

Not a Brexiters supporter, but to reply to Hutton.
1. In respect of inspection of imports and exports. I suggest we use the same procedures and infrastructure that we use to inspect goods from China Japan Taiwan Korea. Actually I don't think all goods are actually inspected.theres a degree of Trust? If the paperwork stays its a container of Beko washing machines from Turkey, is it currently inspected to prove the correct duty is being paid ? If it is, then beef up that inspection regime, if it isn't then beef up that non-inspection regime.
2. Clearance of European financial instruments.
My understanding is that the EU does not have the abililoty in terms of legal and financial infrastructure to settle all this Euro business, and it can't develop it in a hurry. Therefore they will allow a lot of this stuff to come through London, at least in the short term, so they are not starving themselves of capital and cash flow. A lot of other business could go the route of Lloyds of London Insurance who will do the bulk of processing in London but will front some through sub offices that they open in Europe. Lloyds insurance market have already announced this. Hutton is being deliberately disingenuous.

I stand in the North Stand

Login to get fewer ads

Could supporters of brexit on 12:19 - Jun 4 with 1531 viewsrock1n

Could supporters of brexit on 12:17 - Jun 4 by Nogginthenog

I recently took a short bus trip to Belgium. On the return journey, the day Macron was sworn in, the French customs decided to queue all non French buses in a holding area in Calais. They did this to check all the passports of hundreds of French schoolchildren leaving on coaches to Dover. It struck me as a deliberate demonstraton of the power they can wield in dealings of trade and communication. We eventally left France 4 hours late. I fear the worst if we don't get a good deal in Brexit negotiations.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 13:13]

They don't want others to leave, they will give us an ok deal to save face but it'll be damage limitation simple as that. As the German CBI head said protecting EU interests trumps a deal with UK

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Could supporters of brexit on 16:09 - Jun 4 with 1463 viewsYossarian

A very interesting counterpoint from a highly respected historian...

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Could supporters of brexit on 17:36 - Jun 4 with 1419 viewsmonmouth

Could supporters of brexit on 16:09 - Jun 4 by Yossarian

A very interesting counterpoint from a highly respected historian...

Thank you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024