Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tesco bag packing 20:01 - Jun 4 with 3083 viewsWxmJax

"Would you like your bags packed ?"

"No thank you." ( I hate anyone packing my shopping ).

"What are you collecting for ?"

(They were girl guides and if it was a good cause then I'd still give a donation)

"Oh, we're going to London in October......."

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Tesco bag packing on 20:05 - Jun 4 with 2462 viewsmorningstar

Yeah, it's always best to refuse young kids offering to work to raise money for a day out innit! Fvck me!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Tesco bag packing on 20:13 - Jun 4 with 2425 viewsCooperman

So you gave a donation or not?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tesco bag packing on 20:14 - Jun 4 with 2418 viewsJack123

Yes,, I can't stand young kids packing my shopping either! I have noticed a few over the years, mainly sea cadets? Anyway, you are not packing my bags boys, I never asked though what they were doing it for.... Just give them some change that's all, on the way out.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 20:16]

libera nos a malo

Tesco bag packing on 20:18 - Jun 4 with 2400 viewsMeraki

Not a big fan of kids? Didn't you say before that you refused to warm a bottle of milk for a mother wanting to feed her child?

Tesco bag packing on 20:20 - Jun 4 with 2392 viewsBanosswan

Show them how to pack and give a donation ffs

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tesco bag packing on 20:33 - Jun 4 with 2346 viewsHighjack

You should have smashed their skulls in with a tin of Heinz baked beans whilst screaming manically "Don't touch my f***ing bags you little ****ing c***s"

Or you could have just gave them 50p, whichever is more culturally appropriate.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tesco bag packing on 20:47 - Jun 4 with 2311 viewsmorningstar

Tesco bag packing on 20:33 - Jun 4 by Highjack

You should have smashed their skulls in with a tin of Heinz baked beans whilst screaming manically "Don't touch my f***ing bags you little ****ing c***s"

Or you could have just gave them 50p, whichever is more culturally appropriate.

I tried that once in Morrisons. Unfortunately I was so enraged that i picked up a packet of Bachelors Super noodles by mistake. The muslim sea cadet was not impressed and i didn't even see the left hook coming. It's always best to give them something i think.

Tesco bag packing on 21:44 - Jun 4 with 2229 viewsWxmJax

Tesco bag packing on 20:13 - Jun 4 by Cooperman

So you gave a donation or not?

What do you think ?

Sorry, well I'm not sorry actually, but I'm not giving money to someone just so that they can go and see a pop concert in London. I just think that it's a cheek.

If they were raising money for a charity or even funds for something that their pack required then a donation would have been made.

Just a pity that they couldn't have each paid £1 a week from January.

Apologies if that makes me a bad person.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Tesco bag packing on 22:10 - Jun 4 with 2180 viewsmorningstar

Tesco bag packing on 21:44 - Jun 4 by WxmJax

What do you think ?

Sorry, well I'm not sorry actually, but I'm not giving money to someone just so that they can go and see a pop concert in London. I just think that it's a cheek.

If they were raising money for a charity or even funds for something that their pack required then a donation would have been made.

You're not a bad person at all!.............Just a miserable tvvat. Wtf is happening when we have people with attitudes like this! What next eh? Telling carol singing kids to fvck off or giving 'penny for the guy' children a slap for being beggars? Get a grip man, they're just kids trying to do their best ffs!

Tesco bag packing on 22:34 - Jun 4 with 2127 viewsLoyal

Is it wise to let young people dressed as uncle Albert approach strangers and ask if they need their bags filling ? Are all shoppers vetted and crb cleared before interacting with these sea saltys ?

I see lots of issues here.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tesco bag packing on 23:14 - Jun 4 with 2085 viewsDarran

Tesco bag packing on 21:44 - Jun 4 by WxmJax

What do you think ?

Where in the OP did you say they were going to London to see a pop concert you miserable Billy Joel Barmy Bum Boy?

Fuçk me what's wrong with people?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tesco bag packing on 09:23 - Jun 5 with 1947 viewsWarwickHunt

Tesco bag packing on 22:10 - Jun 4 by morningstar

You're not a bad person at all!.............Just a miserable tvvat. Wtf is happening when we have people with attitudes like this! What next eh? Telling carol singing kids to fvck off or giving 'penny for the guy' children a slap for being beggars? Get a grip man, they're just kids trying to do their best ffs!

Came out of the tube years ago on the way to a match and some kids said "Penny for the guy, mister?"
"What guy?"
"Err - it's around the corner"
Tesco bag packing on 12:53 - Jun 5 with 1853 viewsNeath_Jack

This board is inhabited by some right horrible gets mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tesco bag packing on 13:08 - Jun 5 with 1828 viewsDarran

Tesco bag packing on 12:53 - Jun 5 by Neath_Jack

This board is inhabited by some right horrible gets mind.

Absolutely spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tesco bag packing on 16:38 - Jun 5 with 1745 viewsWingstandwood

I'm always happily donate to my local lifeboat rescue, Comic Relief, Macmillan cancer support etc but was a bit narked a while back to be (obstructed) crowded out at an ASDA checkout whilst in mind elsewhere stressed out mode. Sometimes distraction is not helpful.

They did not offer to pack my bags, just wanted cash so their all girl dance-troupe could go on a jolly to London also! ASDA and Sainsbury's (not on this occasion) usually have this fundraising far enough away from the till/bagging area which is O.K.... Then its not annoying! Oh and usually it goes to a REAL charitable cause.

Argus!

Tesco bag packing on 17:17 - Jun 5 with 1707 viewsNeath_Jack

Tesco bag packing on 16:38 - Jun 5 by Wingstandwood

I'm always happily donate to my local lifeboat rescue, Comic Relief, Macmillan cancer support etc but was a bit narked a while back to be (obstructed) crowded out at an ASDA checkout whilst in mind elsewhere stressed out mode. Sometimes distraction is not helpful.

They did not offer to pack my bags, just wanted cash so their all girl dance-troupe could go on a jolly to London also! ASDA and Sainsbury's (not on this occasion) usually have this fundraising far enough away from the till/bagging area which is O.K.... Then its not annoying! Oh and usually it goes to a REAL charitable cause.

If that annoys you, you probably need to see a doctor mate.

Just bung a quid in the bucket ffs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Tesco bag packing on 17:31 - Jun 5 with 1684 viewsWingstandwood

Tesco bag packing on 17:17 - Jun 5 by Neath_Jack

If that annoys you, you probably need to see a doctor mate.

Just bung a quid in the bucket ffs.

I have a mother whom is extremely partially sighted. She has lost sight in one eye and has limited sight in the other due to combination of both wet macular degeneration and cataract. She has also had a stroke, and thus is tripping risk haven already fallen previously.

When I take her shopping I have to take care of her whilst shopping for her and thus need to shop without minimal distraction at the same time. I have to ensue clear walking space to limit broken bone injury that she sustained before.

I think you'll find it is not me that needs a doctor!

Argus!

Tesco bag packing on 18:16 - Jun 5 with 1627 viewsE20Jack

I share the feeling to be honest. Invasive begging is by far the worst thing though.

Those overly enthusiastic studenty types that jump out and follow you down the street with a clip board and a bright yellow jumper asking you to save our children.

Had one follow me the other day - after 30 seconds of awful sales patter and banter - I stopped and asked him how much the charity pays him to do this, he said proudly "I only take minimum wage". So I said "my fiver is basically going into your pocket as wages to be out here badgering me then?" - he thought for a moment and said "I guess so".

If I gave £1 to everyone who asked for it when out shopping I probably would have to set £30 aside each time just for that. It's becoming an epidemic and I know people that plan their routes when shopping as not to have to run the gauntlet of the "fun beggar types".

A war veteran holding a bucket in silence is dignified and non invasive and will far more likely give to them than those chasing you down the street or interrupting your conversations or phone calls with their version of wacky witt.

If that makes me a grumpy bastard then happy to be one.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 18:18]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Tesco bag packing on 18:33 - Jun 5 with 1607 viewsCooperman

Tesco bag packing on 18:16 - Jun 5 by E20Jack

I share the feeling to be honest. Invasive begging is by far the worst thing though.

Those overly enthusiastic studenty types that jump out and follow you down the street with a clip board and a bright yellow jumper asking you to save our children.

Had one follow me the other day - after 30 seconds of awful sales patter and banter - I stopped and asked him how much the charity pays him to do this, he said proudly "I only take minimum wage". So I said "my fiver is basically going into your pocket as wages to be out here badgering me then?" - he thought for a moment and said "I guess so".

If I gave £1 to everyone who asked for it when out shopping I probably would have to set £30 aside each time just for that. It's becoming an epidemic and I know people that plan their routes when shopping as not to have to run the gauntlet of the "fun beggar types".

A war veteran holding a bucket in silence is dignified and non invasive and will far more likely give to them than those chasing you down the street or interrupting your conversations or phone calls with their version of wacky witt.

You see 30 charity collectors every time you go out shopping?

Are you exaggerating by about 28?

Tesco bag packing on 18:33 - Jun 5 with 1606 viewsswanforthemoney

I stand in the North Stand

Tesco bag packing on 18:40 - Jun 5 with 1589 viewsE20Jack

Tesco bag packing on 18:33 - Jun 5 by Cooperman

You see 30 charity collectors every time you go out shopping?

Are you exaggerating by about 28?

Have you ever been to London shopping?

I was being conservative with 30. There is probably 4 on every street strategically placed so if you avoid one lot you run into the others. Think how many people have to be duped into giving just to cover their wages. Should be illegal.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 18:43]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Tesco bag packing on 18:47 - Jun 5 with 1566 viewsCooperman

Tesco bag packing on 18:40 - Jun 5 by E20Jack

Have you ever been to London shopping?

I was being conservative with 30. There is probably 4 on every street strategically placed so if you avoid one lot you run into the others. Think how many people have to be duped into giving just to cover their wages. Should be illegal.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 18:43]

Yes, and we're generally talking about a trip to the supermarket here and not hours spent in Soho, Clerkenwell etc.

Tesco bag packing on 18:56 - Jun 5 with 1558 viewsWingstandwood

Tesco bag packing on 18:16 - Jun 5 by E20Jack

It is indeed invasive begging in a lot of cases where deliberate obstruction, harassment, passive-aggressive, o.t.t downright inconsiderate tactics etc are used. I think individuals having to do other things whilst at the same time having to keep an eye on frail elderly relatives ,wandering young children etc least welcome distraction like that the most.

Argus!

Tesco bag packing on 19:03 - Jun 5 with 1543 viewsmorningstar

Tesco bag packing on 17:31 - Jun 5 by Wingstandwood

I have a mother whom is extremely partially sighted. She has lost sight in one eye and has limited sight in the other due to combination of both wet macular degeneration and cataract. She has also had a stroke, and thus is tripping risk haven already fallen previously.

When I take her shopping I have to take care of her whilst shopping for her and thus need to shop without minimal distraction at the same time. I have to ensue clear walking space to limit broken bone injury that she sustained before.

I mean this with the utmost respect, but the condition you have described your mother as being in, i honestly don't think a busy supermarket is a safe environment for her to be in regardless of the presence of charity/fund raising seekers. I know some elderly people can be very stubborn, but maybe you should insist that she needs to use a wheelchair when undertaking such activities for her own safety. Honestly, this is nothing to do with the thread, i'm saying it out of concern, as you have to accept that the situation you're describing is another accident waiting to happen. Bless her.

Tesco bag packing on 19:05 - Jun 5 with 1530 viewsNeath_Jack

Tesco bag packing on 17:31 - Jun 5 by Wingstandwood

Sorry to hear your mam's condition, must be tough for her.

Good on you for looking after her too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024