Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The end for Kodi? 12:06 - Jun 7 with 54239 viewsyogibear_412

Hearing today loads of the repos are being taken down due to lawsuits etc

have the good times come to an end?
The end for Kodi? on 12:44 - Nov 16 with 8823 viewspikeypaul

Flawless and Terrarium are the only add ons I have on my kodi through fire stick.

Both very good.

After 2 £10 month trial subs with flawless I had no hesitation in upping it to the bargain £42.50 for 6 months I would have done it after the inital month but did not know how to adjust the invoice.
Contacted them asking and within 30 seconds a new 6 month invoice was sent.Superb service.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 12:49]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The end for Kodi? on 12:52 - Nov 16 with 8802 viewsShaky

Kodi Addon Developers Quit Following Threats From MPA, Netflix, Amazon
By Andy on November 16, 2017

Two Kodi addon developers, both of whom distributed addons via the popular Colussus addon repository, have been told to cease and desist their activities. A letter delivered to one, apparently by hand in the UK, reveals that the MPA/MPAA led Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, which counts Netflix and Amazon among its members, is behind the action.

. . .But, while many casual users might be familiar with Colossus and Bennu, most won’t appreciate the importance of URLResolver. Most recently maintained by jsergio12 and distributed via TVAddons, this is an extremely important addon. Here’s how it works.

When Kodi plays content using addons, whether that’s a movie or TV show, links to that content have to be obtained (scraped) from sites hosting it. This means that all addons would ordinarily have to have their own code in order to find the URLs where that content can be obtained. It can be a different process for every video host, a big job for any developer. That’s where URLResolver comes in.

This clever tool helps other addons access content by resolving video hosting site URLs to enable related content to be played in Kodi. URLResolver is a really important tool but since it comes packaged with addons that rely on it, most users won’t even know it’s already on their system.

They’ll definitely miss it when it’s gone, since among other things it was utilized by the extremely popular Covenant addon. All may not be lost though, since TVAddons indicate they’ll try to keep URLResolver alive.

Full story: https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-developers-quit-following-threats-from-mpa-netflix

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The end for Kodi? on 16:42 - Nov 16 with 8613 viewsSTID2017

The end for Kodi? on 12:52 - Nov 16 by Shaky

Kodi Addon Developers Quit Following Threats From MPA, Netflix, Amazon
By Andy on November 16, 2017

Two Kodi addon developers, both of whom distributed addons via the popular Colussus addon repository, have been told to cease and desist their activities. A letter delivered to one, apparently by hand in the UK, reveals that the MPA/MPAA led Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, which counts Netflix and Amazon among its members, is behind the action.

. . .But, while many casual users might be familiar with Colossus and Bennu, most won’t appreciate the importance of URLResolver. Most recently maintained by jsergio12 and distributed via TVAddons, this is an extremely important addon. Here’s how it works.

When Kodi plays content using addons, whether that’s a movie or TV show, links to that content have to be obtained (scraped) from sites hosting it. This means that all addons would ordinarily have to have their own code in order to find the URLs where that content can be obtained. It can be a different process for every video host, a big job for any developer. That’s where URLResolver comes in.

This clever tool helps other addons access content by resolving video hosting site URLs to enable related content to be played in Kodi. URLResolver is a really important tool but since it comes packaged with addons that rely on it, most users won’t even know it’s already on their system.

They’ll definitely miss it when it’s gone, since among other things it was utilized by the extremely popular Covenant addon. All may not be lost though, since TVAddons indicate they’ll try to keep URLResolver alive.

Full story: https://torrentfreak.com/kodi-developers-quit-following-threats-from-mpa-netflix

Just checked Flawless and UK Turks on Kodi - both working fine

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The end for Kodi? on 19:30 - Nov 16 with 8509 viewsepaul

Ive signed up with Platinum IPTV (@platinumiptv2) 30 quid for 12 months, (or 4 quid a month) had trial first, loaded it onto smartiptv and perfect player no problem, over 6000 channels (although doubt I'd watch 90% of them) , so far great quality. All done through twitter

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The end for Kodi? on 19:34 - Nov 16 with 8501 viewspencoedjack

The end for Kodi? on 19:30 - Nov 16 by epaul

Ive signed up with Platinum IPTV (@platinumiptv2) 30 quid for 12 months, (or 4 quid a month) had trial first, loaded it onto smartiptv and perfect player no problem, over 6000 channels (although doubt I'd watch 90% of them) , so far great quality. All done through twitter

I also signed up to this added it to my fire stick perfect stream for each swans away game since.

I’m not usually very good at setting things like this up but followed on YouTube & found it easy.

Highly recommend
The end for Kodi? on 19:48 - Nov 16 with 8476 viewsepaul

The end for Kodi? on 19:34 - Nov 16 by pencoedjack

I also signed up to this added it to my fire stick perfect stream for each swans away game since.

I’m not usually very good at setting things like this up but followed on YouTube & found it easy.

Highly recommend

Yeah easy wasnt it and yoiu dont even need a vid to follow just down load perfect player and add the links and 1 or 2 other instructions and sorted

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The end for Kodi? on 19:54 - Nov 16 with 8468 viewspencoedjack

The end for Kodi? on 19:48 - Nov 16 by epaul

Yeah easy wasnt it and yoiu dont even need a vid to follow just down load perfect player and add the links and 1 or 2 other instructions and sorted

I didn’t know that Epaul but as I said not normally to good at setting these things up but followed the YouTube video easily
The end for Kodi? on 20:22 - Nov 16 with 8438 viewsepaul

The end for Kodi? on 19:54 - Nov 16 by pencoedjack

I didn’t know that Epaul but as I said not normally to good at setting these things up but followed the YouTube video easily

Thats fair enough mate each to their own, the only reason I didnt need a vid is that I tried to do it so many times and got It wrong I know it parrot fashion now lol

Login to get fewer ads

The end for Kodi? on 23:24 - Nov 16 with 8320 viewsBLAZE

Covenant has been letting me down lately. Constantly having to clear cache to fix the fact it's findings no links. Even when it does find links 95% of them don't work. Dunno if it's to do with a Virgin crackdown or what. May have to fork out on a real debrid account and VPN before long
The end for Kodi? on 07:42 - Nov 17 with 8196 viewsepaul

The end for Kodi? on 23:24 - Nov 16 by BLAZE

Covenant has been letting me down lately. Constantly having to clear cache to fix the fact it's findings no links. Even when it does find links 95% of them don't work. Dunno if it's to do with a Virgin crackdown or what. May have to fork out on a real debrid account and VPN before long

The end for Kodi? on 11:58 - Nov 17 with 8099 viewsswans11

has it worked ok seems pretty cheap do use it for regular tv or just the football. have they had any problems with the recent blocks that have been put in place. I get all away games anyway via nbc but might consider signing up at that price
The end for Kodi? on 12:07 - Nov 17 with 8089 viewsepaul

The end for Kodi? on 11:58 - Nov 17 by swans11

has it worked ok seems pretty cheap do use it for regular tv or just the football. have they had any problems with the recent blocks that have been put in place. I get all away games anyway via nbc but might consider signing up at that price

Works absolutely fine, 6000 channels not managed to watch them all yet lol. Use for both, they have a separate section for 3pms and advertise what channel on twitter

[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 12:10]

The end for Kodi? on 12:47 - Nov 17 with 8038 viewsmonmouth

The end for Kodi? on 19:34 - Nov 16 by pencoedjack

Highly recommend

I take it that you have to sign up to tw@ter to be able to sign up to this?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The end for Kodi? on 14:57 - Nov 17 with 7949 viewsSmellyplumz

I just stumped up for this for 12 month via tw@tter but soon as I paid I ain't heard from the dude again.!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The end for Kodi? on 15:15 - Nov 17 with 7938 viewsepaul

The end for Kodi? on 14:57 - Nov 17 by Smellyplumz

I just stumped up for this for 12 month via tw@tter but soon as I paid I ain't heard from the dude again.!

I can only speak as I find and didn't have a single problem. I'm sure you'll get a response

The end for Kodi? on 19:34 - Nov 17 with 7843 viewsElward

Collosus repo had been pulled and is now offline. So Covenant and Bennu (Phoenix) will no longer be able to be installed. Will still work if you already have it installed but will not be getting updated. Soulless repo has an addon called Rebirth with is just a fork of Covenant if you want a similar alternative.
The end for Kodi? on 20:32 - Nov 17 with 7798 viewsJack123

Also mucky duck :(
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 20:33]

libera nos a malo

The end for Kodi? on 18:47 - Apr 4 with 6844 viewsalexon

Definitely its end for kodi with new updates of terrarium tv apk 1.9.6 https://terrariumtv.mobi/
The end for Kodi? on 18:50 - Apr 4 with 6826 viewsSTID2017

Currently using Neptune Rising for movies
Had some great films over the last couple of weeks

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024