Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dosa and Puri in Swansea? 20:23 - Jun 7 with 4477 viewssquarebear

Last three nights (I'm up in London in the week) I've eaten puri and dosa at vegetarian Indian restaurants.

I'd love to take the family out for this type of food once I'm home (assuming I'm not sick of it by then). Despite googling I can't see any sign of a Swansea restaurant serving either puri or dosa. I'm assuming Bangladeshi cuisine dominates Swansea's "Indian restaurant" scene.

Any of you bon viveurs know if these type of dishes are available in Swansea?
Dosa and Puri in Swansea? on 07:20 - Jul 26 with 3958 viewssquarebear

Just a footnote to this.

Mrs Bear recently spotted a dosa packet mix in Morrisons. They’re a faff to prepare (you’re supposed to prep each one using a cold frying pan) and by the time she’d cooked three the kitchen top was absolutely cluttered with dirty pots, but hats off to Mrs Bear. Her dosa were the best I’ve ever tasted.
Dosa and Puri in Swansea? on 09:17 - Jul 26 with 3848 viewsexhmrc1

First time here and definitely coming back, the food was delicious especially the prawn puri, and special Biryani, with the veg curry spot on ! And the service was first class , can’t wait to go back, thank you
give the Indian cottage in pontardawe a ring to see if they do what you want
Dosa and Puri in Swansea? on 21:44 - Sep 14 with 3528 viewssquarebear

Retrieving an old thread of mine.

Boom. Found a place in Swansea that does dosa. It could’ve done with more filling but combined with a thura or kura - christ, my memory is shot (a sort of mix of shredded bread, veg, chicken and lamb) was really very nice.

I overheard another customer asking for a naan. “Sorry, we don’t do them”, so I guess the restaurant may struggle to convert people who expect traditional Bangladeshi curry, but this place is South Indian/Sri Lankan and me and Mrs Bear think the food was delicious.

Banana Leaf, 7 St Helen’s Road.

Edit: went again last night (and, ahem, three times this morning!) and they DO have naan breads so I must’ve misheard last week.

I ate with a guy from South India so he gave me a couple of recommendations. Namely the parota breads. They’re available plain or stuffed (I preferred plain). They’re like a roti on amphetamines. Lovely.

But I also ordered a starter of chilli prawns. It tasted quite strong so laden with MSG, I suspect, as I was awake half the night with raging thirst.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 19:07]
Dosa and Puri in Swansea? on 14:23 - Sep 16 with 3297 viewsbyron

Dosa and Puri in Swansea? on 21:44 - Sep 14 by squarebear

Retrieving an old thread of mine.

Boom. Found a place in Swansea that does dosa. It could’ve done with more filling but combined with a thura or kura - christ, my memory is shot (a sort of mix of shredded bread, veg, chicken and lamb) was really very nice.

I overheard another customer asking for a naan. “Sorry, we don’t do them”, so I guess the restaurant may struggle to convert people who expect traditional Bangladeshi curry, but this place is South Indian/Sri Lankan and me and Mrs Bear think the food was delicious.

Banana Leaf, 7 St Helen’s Road.

Edit: went again last night (and, ahem, three times this morning!) and they DO have naan breads so I must’ve misheard last week.

I ate with a guy from South India so he gave me a couple of recommendations. Namely the parota breads. They’re available plain or stuffed (I preferred plain). They’re like a roti on amphetamines. Lovely.

But I also ordered a starter of chilli prawns. It tasted quite strong so laden with MSG, I suspect, as I was awake half the night with raging thirst.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 19:07]

Tried the veg food studio in grangetown? Proper Indian food, always winning awards too.

Benny

Dosa and Puri in Swansea? on 15:20 - Sep 16 with 3250 viewssquarebear

Is that Grangetown in Cardiff? (I feel that’s probably a dumb question :) ).
Dosa and Puri in Swansea? on 12:40 - Sep 17 with 3101 viewsoldgrey

Govindas vegetarian restaurant serve Puris as part their main courses.
Don't know if they do dosas. You can check their menu on their web site.
Dosa and Puri in Swansea? on 13:44 - Sep 17 with 3057 viewswaveydavey

I was in the Banana leaf on Saturday evening. Dosa about 3 foot long. Magnificent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024