Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Leslie MP 10:18 - Jun 10 with 2403 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just seen an interview with this treacherous Blairite. Refusing to recognise Labour''s achievements. Saying they should have done better
Well Mr Leslie. One of the main reasons Labour did not win was that you and your ilk have sat on the side sniping at JC since he became leader.
I hope this git gets deselected asap. The tw@t is sorry Labour have become an effective opposition after being branded as no hopers.
I detest this lot more than the Tories. At least they do what is said on the tin.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Chris Leslie MP on 10:22 - Jun 10 with 1825 viewsHighjack

He's got a point though. The tories were there for the taking after the weakest most pathetic election campaign in memory. If I were a labour supporter I'd be disappointed not to have at least matched their seats.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Chris Leslie MP on 10:32 - Jun 10 with 1797 viewsHeadmaster

They need to get a grip and get behind Corbyn if they have any chance of success in the next election.
Chris Leslie MP on 10:36 - Jun 10 with 1787 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 10:22 - Jun 10 by Highjack

He's got a point though. The tories were there for the taking after the weakest most pathetic election campaign in memory. If I were a labour supporter I'd be disappointed not to have at least matched their seats.

Don't agree. Labour was on its as$, 22 points behind with snipers like Leslie, a venous Murdock press and a BBC that had no interest in what Labour was all about. Fortunately the election forced the latter to concentrate on policies rather than disagreements within the party.
The ungrateful tw@t Leslie won his seat with 71.5 % of the vote. Did he expect 100%?
If May lasts a few months then a large part of JC''s time should be ridding the Party of these Charlatans.
They are holding it back. Not Corbyn.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Chris Leslie MP on 10:41 - Jun 10 with 1773 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Leslie MP on 10:36 - Jun 10 by Private_Partz

Don't agree. Labour was on its as$, 22 points behind with snipers like Leslie, a venous Murdock press and a BBC that had no interest in what Labour was all about. Fortunately the election forced the latter to concentrate on policies rather than disagreements within the party.
The ungrateful tw@t Leslie won his seat with 71.5 % of the vote. Did he expect 100%?
If May lasts a few months then a large part of JC''s time should be ridding the Party of these Charlatans.
They are holding it back. Not Corbyn.

"a BBC that had no interest in what Labour was all about."

You have no fücking idea. Embarrassing.
Chris Leslie MP on 10:49 - Jun 10 with 1752 viewsDarran

We've got a huge problem involved here with people not recognising the difference between winning and losing.

Labour did better than anyone thought they'd do. They lost.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chris Leslie MP on 10:59 - Jun 10 with 1735 viewsraynor94

The reason Labour didn't win was JC, now if David Miliband had been leading the party they would have romped home against such weak opposition

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Chris Leslie MP on 11:03 - Jun 10 with 1732 viewsHighjack

Chris Leslie MP on 10:49 - Jun 10 by Darran

We've got a huge problem involved here with people not recognising the difference between winning and losing.

Yeah it's like a non league team celebrating because they've only lost 4:0 to Chelsea when everyone was expecting them to lose 10:0.

It's embarrassing. Labour should be aiming to win and shouldn't be celebrating the fact they've lost by only fifty odd seats.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Chris Leslie MP on 11:05 - Jun 10 with 1722 viewsDarran

Chris Leslie MP on 11:03 - Jun 10 by Highjack

Yeah it's like a non league team celebrating because they've only lost 4:0 to Chelsea when everyone was expecting them to lose 10:0.

It's embarrassing. Labour should be aiming to win and shouldn't be celebrating the fact they've lost by only fifty odd seats.

I couldn't agree more Hije the only thing they've done is surprise people.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Leslie MP on 11:07 - Jun 10 with 1714 viewsHeadmaster

Chris Leslie MP on 10:59 - Jun 10 by raynor94

The reason Labour didn't win was JC, now if David Miliband had been leading the party they would have romped home against such weak opposition

I seriously doubt it. Corbyn was a complete rejection of centrist New Labour. That's why there was such a large turn out among young people. The reason they did better than expected was because of Corbyn's populist campaigning and the manifesto, which wouldn't have been so radical had it not been for Corbyn. You can also add other factors like Remainers who didn't want Brexit in the first place ect...

If the Labour MPs can get behind Corbyn and not distract people with infighting and unnecessary leadership elections, then that obviously creates an image of a united party that can be electable. Having said that, if they lose the next election, then Corbyn should be held accountable just like any other party leader.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 11:10]
Chris Leslie MP on 11:18 - Jun 10 with 1688 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 10:41 - Jun 10 by WarwickHunt

"a BBC that had no interest in what Labour was all about."

You have no fücking idea. Embarrassing.

What a great argument. May would love someone like you. Or maybe not if she has learned any lessons ;-)
Ok I will I play and rewrite. The BBC knew what Labour was about but concentrated on splits within the Party rather than the message Corbyn was trying to get out. He did not get a fair hearing. Even worse for Lib Dems etc who got the square root of eff all.
Even Dimbleby said as such in relation to Labour.

Chris Leslie MP on 11:25 - Jun 10 with 1665 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 10:49 - Jun 10 by Darran

That is not a huge problem other than May being still in power. I agree with you.
What I am saying is it is a massive achievement nonetheless given the starting point when May went for her snap election and the odds were stacked against Corbyn and Labour.
My other point is he would have not started from such a low bar had the treacherous not been sniping and having Leadership challenges. Fortunately many are backing down now. Even one of the challengers, Oily Owen, admits he was wrong. I hope the crying woman does the same.
Jacob Rhys Mogg must be very happy at not having decent opposition when he cried his crocodile tears. By eff he has one now ;-)
If you are looking for huge problems walk a mile in the Maybot shoes.

Chris Leslie MP on 11:33 - Jun 10 with 1650 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 10:59 - Jun 10 by raynor94

Old hat. It never happened. We live in the here and now. JC got to the top of the pile as a result of Tory austerity. If David was so sure he was in with a shout he should have stuck to his guns. The treacherous and the Murdock press have held Labour back since.
The good news is we might have in future a real choice at elections with a true right , left and centre choice therby giving the Voter some control.
It won't happen for a while though and May will not call another snap election. Now that she is exposed for the fragile and weak person she is she would lose comfortably in 7 weeks.

Chris Leslie MP on 11:35 - Jun 10 with 1645 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 11:07 - Jun 10 by Headmaster

I seriously doubt it. Corbyn was a complete rejection of centrist New Labour. That's why there was such a large turn out among young people. The reason they did better than expected was because of Corbyn's populist campaigning and the manifesto, which wouldn't have been so radical had it not been for Corbyn. You can also add other factors like Remainers who didn't want Brexit in the first place ect...

If the Labour MPs can get behind Corbyn and not distract people with infighting and unnecessary leadership elections, then that obviously creates an image of a united party that can be electable. Having said that, if they lose the next election, then Corbyn should be held accountable just like any other party leader.

Have an up arrow. I have to go out shopping so I will leave you to carry the flag, comfortable that it is in good hands ;-)

Chris Leslie MP on 12:42 - Jun 10 with 1585 viewsploppy

Corbyn will be Labour leader for as long as Momentum want hime to be, regardless of his performance in GEs.
Chris Leslie MP on 13:41 - Jun 10 with 1531 viewsGlyn1

Chris Leslie MP on 11:03 - Jun 10 by Highjack

They're celebrating that they gained 30 more MPs than they had at the start of the day, which may not be enough but it's still a victory.

Personally, I'm celebrating the fact that my own MP - who is decent, hard-working and also anti-Corbyn - turned a marginal 450 majority into a 12,000 majority (Brentford and Isleworth, west London).

It's a sunny day, allow us some satisfaction for the weekend at least.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Chris Leslie MP on 13:50 - Jun 10 with 1519 viewsGlyn1

It's a bit of a myth that this manifesto was particularly radical from the Labour supporters' viewpoint. It certainly wasn't as radical as Tony Blair's in 1997 which brought in a windfall tax on the privatised utility companies that raised £5 billion that was then spent on the New Deal welfare-to-work project for those on long-term unemployment, as well as providing capital investment for schools and universities.

The fact that centrist/right wing Labour supporters such as the Guardian's Polly Toynbee really liked this year's manifesto means that it wasn't that radical which I presume is evidence of Corbyn trying to unify the party.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Chris Leslie MP on 14:07 - Jun 10 with 1490 viewsHighjack

Chris Leslie MP on 11:35 - Jun 10 by Private_Partz

Have an up arrow. I have to go out shopping so I will leave you to carry the flag, comfortable that it is in good hands ;-)

Shopping? You capitalist pigdog.

Chris Leslie MP on 15:40 - Jun 10 with 1451 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Leslie MP on 11:18 - Jun 10 by Private_Partz

What a great argument. May would love someone like you. Or maybe not if she has learned any lessons ;-)
Ok I will I play and rewrite. The BBC knew what Labour was about but concentrated on splits within the Party rather than the message Corbyn was trying to get out. He did not get a fair hearing. Even worse for Lib Dems etc who got the square root of eff all.
Even Dimbleby said as such in relation to Labour.

What do you mean by “the BBC” FFS - Graham Norton, Eastenders, Blue Peter, Antiques Roadshow...?
If anyone’s to blame for not getting anything across on mainstream media then it’s Seamus Milne. It’s up to the parties to create the news agenda - or have you been in a coma for the last 30 years?
Did you say splits? What - like the mob-handed Momentum rabble shouting down anyone who didn’t toe the Corbyn line and calling them “Blairite scum”? A brick through Angela Eagle’s window after she criticised Corbyn? Hardly newsworthy at all really - nothing to see here...

Here’s the view of the BBC from the other side -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4590454/Why-did-BBC-refuse-tell-truth-

You’re two cheeks of the same arse.
Chris Leslie MP on 15:57 - Jun 10 with 1403 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 14:07 - Jun 10 by Highjack

Shopping? You capitalist pigdog.

:-)) that deserves an up arrow as well but for entirely different reasons.

Chris Leslie MP on 16:00 - Jun 10 with 1396 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 15:40 - Jun 10 by WarwickHunt

What do you mean by “the BBC” FFS - Graham Norton, Eastenders, Blue Peter, Antiques Roadshow...?
If anyone’s to blame for not getting anything across on mainstream media then it’s Seamus Milne. It’s up to the parties to create the news agenda - or have you been in a coma for the last 30 years?
Did you say splits? What - like the mob-handed Momentum rabble shouting down anyone who didn’t toe the Corbyn line and calling them “Blairite scum”? A brick through Angela Eagle’s window after she criticised Corbyn? Hardly newsworthy at all really - nothing to see here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4590454/Why-did-BBC-refuse-tell-truth-

There are bad buggers on both sides
Not getting into mud slinging there. People have died as a tesult. I meant BBC news as well. Does not take Einstein to work that one out.
Quoting from the Daily Jackboot as well mmm.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 16:01]

Chris Leslie MP on 16:38 - Jun 10 with 1362 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chris Leslie MP on 10:22 - Jun 10 by Highjack

This is nonsense and takes no account of the realities of this election.

Poll: Tory leader

Chris Leslie MP on 16:42 - Jun 10 with 1350 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chris Leslie MP on 15:40 - Jun 10 by WarwickHunt

That's why I love the BBC. Criticsed incessantly by both sides of the spectrum, only proving that it's as balanced as any new organisation can possibly be.

Poll: Tory leader

Chris Leslie MP on 17:05 - Jun 10 with 1331 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Leslie MP on 16:00 - Jun 10 by Private_Partz

There are bad buggers on both sides
Not getting into mud slinging there. People have died as a tesult. I meant BBC news as well. Does not take Einstein to work that one out.
Quoting from the Daily Jackboot as well mmm.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 16:01]

*whoooosh*
Chris Leslie MP on 17:34 - Jun 10 with 1306 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 13:41 - Jun 10 by Glyn1

They're celebrating that they gained 30 more MPs than they had at the start of the day, which may not be enough but it's still a victory.

Personally, I'm celebrating the fact that my own MP - who is decent, hard-working and also anti-Corbyn - turned a marginal 450 majority into a 12,000 majority (Brentford and Isleworth, west London).

It's a sunny day, allow us some satisfaction for the weekend at least.

Sorry Glyn. I down arrows you by mistake. I meant to say I hope Ruthy is greatful to JC for her massively increased majority and will now support him in future.

Chris Leslie MP on 17:40 - Jun 10 with 1297 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chris Leslie MP on 13:50 - Jun 10 by Glyn1

It's a bit of a myth that this manifesto was particularly radical from the Labour supporters' viewpoint. It certainly wasn't as radical as Tony Blair's in 1997 which brought in a windfall tax on the privatised utility companies that raised £5 billion that was then spent on the New Deal welfare-to-work project for those on long-term unemployment, as well as providing capital investment for schools and universities.

The fact that centrist/right wing Labour supporters such as the Guardian's Polly Toynbee really liked this year's manifesto means that it wasn't that radical which I presume is evidence of Corbyn trying to unify the party.

It is radical in this day and age. But I take your point. The Blarite argument has always been is that they don't think JC is electable. The annoying thing for me was, had they supported him from the off, he probably would be PM now.
They are the main reasons for Labour not shifting enough seats despite presiding over the greatest vote increase since Clem Atlee in 1945.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 17:40]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024