Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
trump 17:00 - Jun 11 with 3280 viewsexiledclaseboy

president trump won't come to the UK in case there are protests against him. Stupid republican snowflake.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/11/donald-trump-state-visit-to-brit

Good. It would be embarrassing to the UK to host a state visit by this f*ckwit anyway. Stay away, the government's going to have enough orange trouble as it is.

Poll: Tory leader

trump on 17:12 - Jun 11 with 1695 viewsHumpty

An enormous sigh of relief was heard emanating from Buckingham Palace.
trump on 22:02 - Jun 11 with 1602 viewsGowerjack

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

trump on 22:05 - Jun 11 with 1591 viewsphact0rri

his ego can't take any resistance... and its probably his staff that are warning against it. as the man truly has some impressive blinders. as I get the feeling he had no idea how much of a joke he is globally.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

trump on 23:18 - Jun 11 with 1545 viewsDarran

The BBC just said this isn't true and the Guardian have it wrong.

That's got ECB in a bit of a kerfuffle.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

trump on 10:23 - Jun 12 with 1441 viewsHighjack

trump on 23:18 - Jun 11 by Darran

The guardian is always full of fake news.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

trump on 10:26 - Jun 12 with 1436 viewsswanjackal

trump on 10:23 - Jun 12 by Highjack

The guardian is always full of fake news.

Gone right (or is that left) off the deep end. Just like the Daily Mail, always check a second/third source to give a more accurate view of things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

trump on 10:41 - Jun 12 with 1417 viewslondonlisa2001

trump on 23:18 - Jun 11 by Darran

Yeah, they haven't actually got it wrong though have they.

Notice the Beeb just said plans are the same. No date.

This has all the hallmarks of being kicked into the (very) long grass.

Guardian just said that the trip wasn't happening until he feels comfortable - didn't say anything about the invite being withdrawn.
trump on 10:47 - Jun 12 with 1410 viewsDarran

trump on 10:41 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

Guardian just said that the trip wasn't happening until he feels comfortable - didn't say anything about the invite being withdrawn.

Well the BBC said last night that reports in the Guardian are wrong so yeah they've got it wrong.

Login to get fewer ads

trump on 10:48 - Jun 12 with 1410 viewsswanjackal

trump on 10:41 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

The article has actually been edited from when it was first posted. It mentioned an unnamed inside member of downing street said that they overheard that Trump wasn't coming because he was afraid of public demonstration against him. So Darran posted correctly , it's the duplicitous nature of an edit, without alluding to the fact the article was re-edited in the face of contradictory reports from elsewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

trump on 10:54 - Jun 12 with 1399 viewsDarran

trump on 10:48 - Jun 12 by swanjackal

The article has actually been edited from when it was first posted. It mentioned an unnamed inside member of downing street said that they overheard that Trump wasn't coming because he was afraid of public demonstration against him. So Darran posted correctly , it's the duplicitous nature of an edit, without alluding to the fact the article was re-edited in the face of contradictory reports from elsewhere.

Thank you my friend bloody women on a Monday morning eh?

trump on 10:54 - Jun 12 with 1398 viewslondonlisa2001

trump on 10:47 - Jun 12 by Darran

Well the BBC said last night that reports in the Guardian are wrong so yeah they've got it wrong.

The Guardian didn't say it was cancelled, just it won't happen.

It's been kicked into the long grass without an invitation being either withdrawn or refused.
trump on 10:57 - Jun 12 with 1389 viewslondonlisa2001

trump on 10:48 - Jun 12 by swanjackal

Yes I saw that. It still says it on many reports. The BBC simply say that plans haven't changed (i.e. the invite has neither been withdrawn nor refused).

It's all weasel words to save face.
trump on 10:57 - Jun 12 with 1389 viewsblueytheblue

trump on 10:54 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

The Guardian didn't say it was cancelled, just it won't happen.

It's been kicked into the long grass without an invitation being either withdrawn or refused.

The Guardian changed what they initially wrote without mentioning that salient fact.

Darren referred to the original text.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

trump on 10:59 - Jun 12 with 1385 viewslondonlisa2001

trump on 10:57 - Jun 12 by blueytheblue

The Guardian changed what they initially wrote without mentioning that salient fact.

Darren referred to the original text.

They didn't say the visit invite was withdrawn when I saw it initially.

Nor did they say the offer had now been refused.

So what have they changed?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 11:01]
trump on 11:05 - Jun 12 with 1372 viewsswanjackal

trump on 10:59 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

They didn't say the visit invite was withdrawn when I saw it initially.

Nor did they say the offer had now been refused.

So what have they changed?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 11:01]

The reasoning behind "a delay" (of a visit that hasn't even been officially announced), they have removed it as it was unsubstantiated. So that was the change. A huge change in my view.

Edit:. This is a post edit that addresses that I have added content outside basic spelling/grammar. The original article without this, just changing block text after the fact, has done a job of promoting a false narrative that casual observers lap up as truth. A retraction or post edit shows that a mistake was made, a cut and paste shows that they don't want to admit it.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 11:10]

trump on 11:11 - Jun 12 with 1360 viewsblueytheblue

Speaking of the Guardian, anyone noticed how chipper Owen Jones is after the election result?

He does have an eminently punchable face. It's as if the contours of his face fit knuckles exactly.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

trump on 11:16 - Jun 12 with 1350 viewslondonlisa2001

trump on 11:05 - Jun 12 by swanjackal

The reasoning behind "a delay" (of a visit that hasn't even been officially announced), they have removed it as it was unsubstantiated. So that was the change. A huge change in my view.

Edit:. This is a post edit that addresses that I have added content outside basic spelling/grammar. The original article without this, just changing block text after the fact, has done a job of promoting a false narrative that casual observers lap up as truth. A retraction or post edit shows that a mistake was made, a cut and paste shows that they don't want to admit it.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 11:10]

The version I can see says "The call was made in recent weeks, according to a Downing Street adviser who was in the room. The statement surprised May, according to those present."

And also says "The US president said he did not want to come if there were large-scale protests and his remarks in effect put the visit on hold for some time."

That's why I'm asking - I thought that was all they ever said, so what has changed?

It's a bit neither here nor there though, the actual 'news' is that a state visit that was planned has been kicked down the path. If they are unprepared to state the source, it doesn't mean very much, since it's bloody obvious to anyone why it doesn't happen. If the BBC had said 'it is happening and this is when' that's different, but they very deliberately didn't.
trump on 11:21 - Jun 12 with 1333 viewsDarran

Lisa's wrong. lol

trump on 11:23 - Jun 12 with 1328 viewsswanjackal

trump on 11:16 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

The version I can see says "The call was made in recent weeks, according to a Downing Street adviser who was in the room. The statement surprised May, according to those present."

And also says "The US president said he did not want to come if there were large-scale protests and his remarks in effect put the visit on hold for some time."

That's why I'm asking - I thought that was all they ever said, so what has changed?

It's a bit neither here nor there though, the actual 'news' is that a state visit that was planned has been kicked down the path. If they are unprepared to state the source, it doesn't mean very much, since it's bloody obvious to anyone why it doesn't happen. If the BBC had said 'it is happening and this is when' that's different, but they very deliberately didn't.

I agree it is not really important, but shows a narrative that has no justification. Duplicitous reporting and editing.

It's just like reporting on Manchester's march yesterday. It wasn't an EDL march as it was portrayed, it wasn't a right wing march, as portrayed. From all the raw footage, bottles and a smoke bomb was deployed from the antifa/protest groups, instigating the violent clashes.

trump on 11:26 - Jun 12 with 1323 viewsMeraki

trump on 11:23 - Jun 12 by swanjackal

I agree it is not really important, but shows a narrative that has no justification. Duplicitous reporting and editing.

It's just like reporting on Manchester's march yesterday. It wasn't an EDL march as it was portrayed, it wasn't a right wing march, as portrayed. From all the raw footage, bottles and a smoke bomb was deployed from the antifa/protest groups, instigating the violent clashes.

What march was it?
trump on 11:27 - Jun 12 with 1321 viewslondonlisa2001

trump on 11:21 - Jun 12 by Darran

Lisa's wrong. lol

If that's the case I'm sure we'll see Trump in all his orange splendour being jeered down The Mall quite soon. Want to bet on it though?
trump on 11:30 - Jun 12 with 1315 viewslondonlisa2001

trump on 11:23 - Jun 12 by swanjackal

As I say, I still don't know what edit has been made, so I've no idea.

It seems to me though, that irrespective of the government trying to pussyfoot round Trump to save his little snowflake ego, he was going to come, but now he realises that he'll get huge protest wherever he is, and protest that the police and security services have doubtless told him they won't be able to do anything to stop or make less prominent, he won't come. However either side spins it, those are the only salient points.
trump on 11:30 - Jun 12 with 1315 viewsswanjackal

trump on 11:26 - Jun 12 by Meraki

What march was it?

March against Islamic hate.

trump on 11:33 - Jun 12 with 1310 viewsDarran

trump on 11:27 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

If that's the case I'm sure we'll see Trump in all his orange splendour being jeered down The Mall quite soon. Want to bet on it though?

Ok I'll have a big round fifty on it with you.

trump on 11:37 - Jun 12 with 1302 viewsswanjackal

trump on 11:33 - Jun 12 by Darran

Ok I'll have a big round fifty on it with you.

Not sure that this was your initial argument though?

You have allowed yourself to be pulled off by a straw man....(not in the "Erotic adventures of Dorothy in Oz" style.)
[Post edited 12 Jun 2017 11:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024