Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mascot packages for our kids. 14:33 - Jun 13 with 5132 viewsaberhugh

The package includes:
A replica kit
Lap of honour with club mascots
Lead the team onto the pitch
A Swansea City signed football
Complimentary matchday programme
A prized photograph with club captain & match officials
Buffet for four guests (including mascot) hosted by club mascots Cyril & Cybil
Four West Stand match tickets

A real treat at £450 plus vat. That is £540, more than a season ticket!!
Encourage the youngsters - robbing barstewards!

Mascot packages for our kids. on 14:45 - Jun 13 with 4204 viewsSirjohnalot

No reason at all why the club couldn't do this for free. Open to all Season Ticket Holders or anyone with proven record of attending games, local schools etc.

Would not cost the club much but would be fantastic publicity, then at the end of the season, all mascots put in a draw to have a free junior season ticket for the next season if mum or dad, carer, buys an adult season.
Mascot packages for our kids. on 14:51 - Jun 13 with 4193 viewsmorristonboy

Mascot packages for our kids. on 14:45 - Jun 13 by Sirjohnalot

No reason at all why the club couldn't do this for free. Open to all Season Ticket Holders or anyone with proven record of attending games, local schools etc.

Would not cost the club much but would be fantastic publicity, then at the end of the season, all mascots put in a draw to have a free junior season ticket for the next season if mum or dad, carer, buys an adult season.

No chance. Would have the smell of a community club about it, can't be doing with that.
Keep the riff-raff and their unwashed kids out.
Only nice, shiny, happy, smiley kids need apply.
No chavs!!
Mascot packages for our kids. on 15:10 - Jun 13 with 4158 viewsjack247

They couldn't care less about the people in Swansea, it's not their target market. Their income comes from PL rights money and growing us as a brand outside the city and the UK. Their focus is to keep us in the league whilst reducing costs and increasing revenue.

They can afford to charge £450 for mascot packages and £20 for pre season friendlies, because as long as the stadium is full, local people are of little consequence to them.
Mascot packages for our kids. on 15:10 - Jun 13 with 4157 viewsandypitt56

Complete rip off look what Bournemouth are charging for the same thing

http://www.afcb.co.uk/commercial/mascot-packages-and-12th-man-packages/
Mascot packages for our kids. on 15:22 - Jun 13 with 4127 viewsaberhugh

Daddy daddy can I be a mascot?
Can I see the great Cyril the Swan you told me about? The Swan that fought the Lion of Millwall and kicked his head into next week. The Swan thet steeplechased his way to victory. The Swan that taught Dutch tv to speak proper Swansea.
No son you can't. There is a nice new corporate Cyril now who doesn't want children like you. Now back you go up Hubert's nose with the chimney brush.
Mascot packages for our kids. on 15:47 - Jun 13 with 4078 viewsDafyddHuw

Mascot packages for our kids. on 14:51 - Jun 13 by morristonboy

No chance. Would have the smell of a community club about it, can't be doing with that.
Keep the riff-raff and their unwashed kids out.
Only nice, shiny, happy, smiley kids need apply.
No chavs!!

Totally agree, but.

Unfortunately for you, that's all the kids in Monkeytown ruled out.
Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:19 - Jun 13 with 4010 viewsmorristonboy

Mascot packages for our kids. on 15:47 - Jun 13 by DafyddHuw

Totally agree, but.

Unfortunately for you, that's all the kids in Monkeytown ruled out.

Oh, no! It's worse than that, originally from Clase!!
'Oi mush, seen my horse?'
Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:20 - Jun 13 with 4003 viewsQJumpingJack

Maybe the Trust can bring this up with the club and the American owners?
All the great work of the last 13 years as a community club is being undone very quickly.
Login to get fewer ads

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:30 - Jun 13 with 3989 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:19 - Jun 13 by morristonboy

Oh, no! It's worse than that, originally from Clase!!
'Oi mush, seen my horse?'

It's probably upstairs.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:32 - Jun 13 with 3979 viewsjack247

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:20 - Jun 13 by QJumpingJack

All the great work of the last 13 years as a community club is being undone very quickly.

It's gone mate. We're not a local football club to them, we are a business opportunity. It's still community to the fans. I doubt the Americans even give a lot of thought to how they are perceived here.
Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:36 - Jun 13 with 3969 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:20 - Jun 13 by QJumpingJack

This hasn't been introduced by the American owners. It's been like it for many years.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:39 - Jun 13 with 3956 viewsheadcleaner

As long as people continue to pay for it the club will carry on milking the teet - should be a gift for a kid who deserves it - get em to write an essay or something as to why it should be them. As for the meal give it as part of the reward to a family for bringing up a decent kid. Hardly going to break the club is it?
Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:50 - Jun 13 with 3926 viewslondonlisa2001

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:36 - Jun 13 by Joe_bradshaw

This hasn't been introduced by the American owners. It's been like it for many years.

Absolutely correct.

I have raised this before on a number of occasions on this board, so well before the Americans,

The pricing is disgraceful. And I don't care if it sells out. I'm sure it would do if it was even higher. That's not the point. It should be available to all kids (and yes, I know that there are exceptions made, as we've had this conversation on here before, but my point still stands).
Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:59 - Jun 13 with 3917 viewslibertyx

That has nothing to do with the Amercans, that was the price 4 years ago.
My grandson was a mascot for an Arsenal Match it was for his 7th birthday. He had money off all the family and friends and we paid the shortfall.

To be honest it was an absolute rip off. The meal wasn't in the function room it was a small room downstairs. Sponsors and hierarchy dined in the function room.
My grandson enjoyed it, but it wasn't worth the money,

Mascot packages for our kids. on 17:02 - Jun 13 with 3914 viewsjack247

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:39 - Jun 13 by headcleaner

As long as people continue to pay for it the club will carry on milking the teet - should be a gift for a kid who deserves it - get em to write an essay or something as to why it should be them. As for the meal give it as part of the reward to a family for bringing up a decent kid. Hardly going to break the club is it?

That's exactly how a community focused club with PL revenue would approach it. £4-5k a game from mascot packages is next to nothing for the club. £450 is prohibitively expensive to a lot of, if not most, families in Swansea.

Competitions in school, at junior football clubs, entry into a raffle with each child's ticket purchased, whatever. Just don't rip people off for no real reason.
Mascot packages for our kids. on 17:12 - Jun 13 with 3898 viewsLeonWasGod

Mascot packages for our kids. on 15:10 - Jun 13 by andypitt56

Complete rip off look what Bournemouth are charging for the same thing

http://www.afcb.co.uk/commercial/mascot-packages-and-12th-man-packages/

This cropped up a couple of seasons ago. We were one of the most, if not the most expensive in the league and the club's excuse was that we provide additional benefits within the cost of the package. The thing is, genuine fans are not likely to need the benefits. The kid will probably already have a kit; they'll probably already have STs, etc....

It's like when banks try to charge you for a bank account by giving you benefits' that you'd never normally want.

But it books up, so there must be demand.

edit - just seen in the Bournemouth link that they offer a shirt and 2 match tickets for £175/200. So we pay an extra £250-300 for 2 extra tickets and a buffet. Must be a good buffet!
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 17:14]
Mascot packages for our kids. on 17:38 - Jun 13 with 3865 viewsbonymine

Mascot packages for our kids. on 15:22 - Jun 13 by aberhugh

Can I see the great Cyril the Swan you told me about? The Swan that fought the Lion of Millwall and kicked his head into next week. The Swan thet steeplechased his way to victory. The Swan that taught Dutch tv to speak proper Swansea.
No son you can't. There is a nice new corporate Cyril now who doesn't want children like you. Now back you go up Hubert's nose with the chimney brush.

Fair play that made me laugh 😂

But spot on though an absolute disgrace to be so over priced.

And as for the Mascots' half time penalty shoot out with Cyril it feels like I'm in a time warp where NOTHING has changed in the format since the Stadium opened !!

Kev Johns telling the last kid up to go back to the halfway line then run as fast as he/she can to the Benny Hill theme tune has, quite frankly, become so, so predictable !

Why not maybe have a couple of 5/7 a side games across the pitch involving the Mascots and local kids teams or something and get more youngsters involved from the community ; actually anything but the tedious offering we have had for years ? 🙈

Or maybe our Ambassador Lee Trundle doing some tricks & keeps uppys with the kids to create a bit of excitement into the half time 'entertainment' (I use that word very loosely !!).

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Mascot packages for our kids. on 17:43 - Jun 13 with 3850 viewsJackBishop

This is exactly one of the things the Trust should tackle.
It should be free and places allocated to local primary schools to nominate boys and girls. Criteria could be for sporting prowess, being caring and kind to others, plus other achievements in school and the local community. Trunds to attend assembly to award the tickets, pictures in the local paper and programme equals great publicity.
Oh shite I've woken up, thats 450 quid plus vat!
Mascot packages for our kids. on 18:21 - Jun 13 with 3794 viewsLoyal

Mascot packages for our kids. on 14:45 - Jun 13 by Sirjohnalot

I've said this before, the obvious recipients should be kids who have suffered great hardship or who are clearly going to benefit from this. Even if two kids are added to the day in addition to the paid mascots.

Wasting my breath though.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mascot packages for our kids. on 18:37 - Jun 13 with 3779 viewsSwanzay

Shockingly overpriced and has been as other have said for a number of years. Surely this is something that the Trust could highlight to the club and consult about....
Mascot packages for our kids. on 18:45 - Jun 13 with 3767 viewsbonymine

Mascot packages for our kids. on 18:37 - Jun 13 by Swanzay

Shockingly overpriced and has been as other have said for a number of years. Surely this is something that the Trust could highlight to the club and consult about....

Don't hold your breath mate .....

We're still waiting to find out the latest on Legal Action etc so the 'Mascots package' unfortunately is so WAY DOWN the list of priorities .....(that is, if there are any ?????)

Silence is Golden 😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Mascot packages for our kids. on 19:19 - Jun 13 with 3708 viewsmorristonboy

Mascot packages for our kids. on 15:22 - Jun 13 by aberhugh

Just looked again on You Tube at Cyril's interview on Dutch tv. Comedy gold that stands the test of time.
Good to look back on. I love being in the Prem but the state of the club is so sad.
Look out son snot coming down!! Ffs Hubert control yourself. Is that American Brown on the end of your hooter??
Mascot packages for our kids. on 22:58 - Jun 13 with 3526 viewsdameedna

Mascot packages for our kids. on 16:36 - Jun 13 by Joe_bradshaw

You might need to put that in block capitals

What a din

If anything the americans will make the club a comunity club
Mascot packages for our kids. on 00:03 - Jun 14 with 3463 viewsJackBishop

Would love to see the Merrycans give up £60k in income and give free mascot places to the primary schools. I would also like to believe that Trump is a lovely grandad dishing out the Werthers.
Mascot packages for our kids. on 01:15 - Jun 14 with 3435 viewsLoyal

Mascot packages for our kids. on 22:58 - Jun 13 by dameedna

You might need to put that in block capitals

What a din

If anything the americans will make the club a comunity club

😂 excellent news.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024