Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania 04:25 - Jun 14 with 1269 viewsDavillin

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania! I had a visitor out front. In the photo with the white car, he's in front of my next neighbor's house; and in the one with the white rectangle, he's in my driveway.

Happy Spring, everyone!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 04:26 - Jun 14 with 1268 viewsDavillin

Well, perhaps "she." But who cares?

Tonight is "put out the trash for collection," so he/she may be back to rip open some containers and bags. It's happened to me before.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 4:28]

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 04:43 - Jun 14 with 1255 viewsMuteswan

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 04:26 - Jun 14 by Davillin

Tonight is "put out the trash for collection," so he/she may be back to rip open some containers and bags. It's happened to me before.

Hi Dav, I don't know about Spring but I'm on holiday in DC at the moment and it was 94 degrees today. If that's Spring what's Summer like. 😎🌞🌞🌞. I notice thunderstorms soon though.
As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 05:28 - Jun 14 with 1243 viewsSwansNZ

That dog needs to be put on a diet.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 06:29 - Jun 14 with 1216 viewsswanjackal

Is there a third picture where it has been clamped for illegal parking?

Has it got a bit disorientated from the Penguins celebrations?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:28 - Jun 14 with 1118 viewsDavillin

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 06:29 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

Is there a third picture where it has been clamped for illegal parking?

Has it got a bit disorientated from the Penguins celebrations?

I got and very much appreciate your humour, thanks, Swanjackal. My parents, who lived a few doors along the street from where I live now [about a hundred meters from the forest edge], used to get telephone call alerts from my cousins across the street whenever they saw a bear or bears at our side door. We have always lived in peace with each other, the bears and we.

p.s. I'm sure bears would appreciate a penguin snack or two. Lots of nourishing blubber.

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:31 - Jun 14 with 1111 viewsDarran

Superb photos Tone,cracking bit of wildlife.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:36 - Jun 14 with 1100 viewsBanosswan

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:39 - Jun 14 with 1098 viewsTheResurrection

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:28 - Jun 14 by Davillin

I got and very much appreciate your humour, thanks, Swanjackal. My parents, who lived a few doors along the street from where I live now [about a hundred meters from the forest edge], used to get telephone call alerts from my cousins across the street whenever they saw a bear or bears at our side door. We have always lived in peace with each other, the bears and we.

p.s. I'm sure bears would appreciate a penguin snack or two. Lots of nourishing blubber.

FACK ME REDNECKS OR WHAT???!!!!

Graph of Bears v Inbreeding

Bears
4 |-----------------------------------------------------------*
3 |----------------------------------------------- *
2 |----------------------------------------- *
1 |------------------------------- *
---|_______________________________________
------ 50---100---150---200---250--- 300---350---400
------------------- Redneck inbreeds

1st * represents Pennsylvania in 1800 - approx 250 inbreeds to every bear, rising to an incredible 400 in 2017
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 19:44]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:44 - Jun 14 with 1083 viewsswanjackal

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:28 - Jun 14 by Davillin

Not much on Malkin or Crosby , maybe Kessell could satisfy them.

(Sorry, may not get the reference, congrats to the new NHL Stanley cup champs, the Penguins, knackered me out watching the games)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 03:27 - Jun 16 with 1016 viewsHumpty

Heh. Cracking photos Dav.

I got ridiculously exited when I came across a hedgehog the other day. I hadn't seen one for years. And I love them.

And you have bears arseing about on your lawn. Sort of put's my hedgehog story into context.

I like the fact that me and my dog can go for long walks in the woods without bumping into animals that can kill me. But I envy photos like that.

Black bear I assume?

Thanks for the photo.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 3:41]
As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 04:32 - Jun 16 with 1009 viewsCooperman

Very interesting Dav. I've got a fox that does the same type of thing but a bear top trumps that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 16:18 - Jun 16 with 955 viewsDavillin

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 03:27 - Jun 16 by Humpty

Heh. Cracking photos Dav.

I got ridiculously exited when I came across a hedgehog the other day. I hadn't seen one for years. And I love them.

And you have bears arseing about on your lawn. Sort of put's my hedgehog story into context.

I like the fact that me and my dog can go for long walks in the woods without bumping into animals that can kill me. But I envy photos like that.

Black bear I assume?

Thanks for the photo.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 3:41]

Thanks, Humpty.

Yes, black bear. In Pennsylvania, we have only black bear. We have a very strong and influential Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission that rigorously protects all of our game. To put it very simply, they allow a limited number of hunting licenses by species and by county, based on an annual census, thus maintaining a healthy herd. They also manage huge areas of state-owned "State Game Lands."

If you are interested: pgc.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Yesterday or the day before, a neighbor two doors down the street said the bear was on his front porch foraging through a plastic trash bag. And the night after the bear's visit, my next-door neighbor saw a deer in front of his house and which ran down the alley between his and the next house and into the woods below.

Life can be full in the deep forests of Pennsylvania.

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:01 - Jun 16 with 914 viewsBrynCartwright

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 04:26 - Jun 14 by Davillin

Are you near the Appalachian Trail there Dav?

Have read Bill Bryson's Walk in the Woods and wouldn't mind doing some of it myself one day.

Also enjoyed this guys You Tube account of Through Hiking it, or as you might say, Thru Hiking it.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:05 - Jun 16 with 912 viewsBrynCartwright

Sorry...dunno why that didn't attach.

hopefully here it is..

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 20:58 - Jun 16 with 891 viewsDavillin

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:01 - Jun 16 by BrynCartwright

Are you near the Appalachian Trail there Dav?

Have read Bill Bryson's Walk in the Woods and wouldn't mind doing some of it myself one day.

Also enjoyed this guys You Tube account of Through Hiking it, or as you might say, Thru Hiking it.

Thanks, BrynCartwright. Very near the Appalachian Trail, but not close enough that lost hikers come by asking for directions. I've not hiked it, so I can't say how close it is while in the forest, but it crosses a highway about 10 miles [est.] from my home.

The YouTube hike through Pennsylvania was excellent. I enjoyed it all the way through. Recognized nearly everything off-trail, including the towns. Once he hit the mountains, I was right at home. Except for the heavily-rocky stretch, no bear, no deer. One rattlesnake.

p.s. The views from the mountain tops show what Pennsylvania is like where I live. Forest for miles.

I have read and enjoyed several of Bryson's books, but his one on the Appalachian Trail was such a major disappointment that I was unable to finish it.

Thanks for the video, especially. Let me know when you come over to do the Appalachian Trail through Pennsylvania.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 21:00]

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 00:05 - Jun 17 with 853 viewsBrynCartwright

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 20:58 - Jun 16 by Davillin

Thanks, BrynCartwright. Very near the Appalachian Trail, but not close enough that lost hikers come by asking for directions. I've not hiked it, so I can't say how close it is while in the forest, but it crosses a highway about 10 miles [est.] from my home.

The YouTube hike through Pennsylvania was excellent. I enjoyed it all the way through. Recognized nearly everything off-trail, including the towns. Once he hit the mountains, I was right at home. Except for the heavily-rocky stretch, no bear, no deer. One rattlesnake.

p.s. The views from the mountain tops show what Pennsylvania is like where I live. Forest for miles.

I have read and enjoyed several of Bryson's books, but his one on the Appalachian Trail was such a major disappointment that I was unable to finish it.

Thanks for the video, especially. Let me know when you come over to do the Appalachian Trail through Pennsylvania.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 21:00]

Will do Dav. Glad you enjoyed it.
Do anything for a Yankee Swans fan me. ( or you may be an exile from Swansea?)

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 01:20 - Jun 17 with 842 viewsLoyal

As of last night, Spring is definitely here in Pennsylvania on 19:31 - Jun 14 by Darran

Superb photos Tone,cracking bit of wildlife.

Seconded. Nice one Dav.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024