Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England, the gift that keeps on giving 09:09 - Jun 14 with 2387 viewsaberhugh

Got to be up there with Fawlty Towers. Performance of a pub team against a poor Scotland line up then swarmed over and engulfed by 10 French youngsters.
I'm afraid the hurt is going to be extended towards 60 years.
I enjoyed the youngsters in the under 20 cup, it was the immediate cocky, arrogant drivel after that England were about to be a major force again got me.
Iceland still tickles my ribs!!
England, the gift that keeps on giving on 09:18 - Jun 14 with 2368 viewsLeonWasGod

France are starting to look very exciting. If they can keep that lot together and their decision making improves as they mature, that could be hell of a team. They should easily have had another 1 or 2 last night.
England, the gift that keeps on giving on 09:29 - Jun 14 with 2346 viewsSTID2017

To be fair most of the usual suspects on Talksport, including guest pundits, still felt even before last night's match, that England had a long way to go and were little or no better than the team who lost to Iceland.
Despite having some brilliant players, they cannot get them to gel as a team.
Still, a shambles all the same

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

England, the gift that keeps on giving on 11:00 - Jun 14 with 2276 viewsJBT95

I wouldn't get excited about the U20 world cup if I were them. I doubt half of them will end up making 3 senior caps for England.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 11:00]
England, the gift that keeps on giving on 11:15 - Jun 14 with 2254 viewsLeonWasGod

England, the gift that keeps on giving on 09:29 - Jun 14 by STID2017

To be fair most of the usual suspects on Talksport, including guest pundits, still felt even before last night's match, that England had a long way to go and were little or no better than the team who lost to Iceland.
Despite having some brilliant players, they cannot get them to gel as a team.
Still, a shambles all the same

"Brilliant" players?

Have they (we for me) got anyone who's really top class? Harry Kane looks is a gem and one of those classic English centre forwards who knows where the net is. But they're a bit threadbare on top quality elsewhere imo. Dele Alli as much as it hurts me to say it is quality. I'd argue that generally Wales have better players in Bale, Ramsey, Joey and Ash.

Stirling - runs around a lot but no end product, overrated and over-priced
Chamberlain - may well not have been there last night
Stones - I've never seen him have a good game - if we had the chance to swap him for Mawson, I'd have to think very hard about it.
Cahill - a proper defender, needs to step up on the leadership side, but I'd have him at the Swans in a shot
Trippier - tidy, but nothing outstanding
Walker - pretty good
Lallana - tidy, but rarely affects a game
Dier - ok, but you'd pick Kante over him
Alli - nice player, cheating c*nt though
Rooney - time's up
England, the gift that keeps on giving on 13:35 - Jun 14 with 2127 viewsyogibear_412

Why did they employ Southgate? I understand he did ok with the u21s and he's English but his team selections v scotland and France were shocking.

Playing the ox in midfield last night was suicide. Actually the whole midfield had no clue what they were trying to do. Give me Allen and Ramsay anyday over England's midfield.
England, the gift that keeps on giving on 13:37 - Jun 14 with 2119 viewsLeonWasGod

England, the gift that keeps on giving on 13:35 - Jun 14 by yogibear_412

Why did they employ Southgate? I understand he did ok with the u21s and he's English but his team selections v scotland and France were shocking.

Playing the ox in midfield last night was suicide. Actually the whole midfield had no clue what they were trying to do. Give me Allen and Ramsay anyday over England's midfield.

A steady man, squeaky clean. Just the man to spare their blushes after getting their fingers burnt with Fat Sam.

They don't seem too bothered that he's completely non-inspirational .
England, the gift that keeps on giving on 16:00 - Jun 14 with 2020 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

England, the gift that keeps on giving on 13:35 - Jun 14 by yogibear_412

Nice chap and a safe pair of hands............

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

England, the gift that keeps on giving on 20:00 - Jun 14 with 1895 viewsKilkennyjack

(Recent game) has Dier and Livermore in central midfield. Yawn.
Henderson. More Yawn.

Not exactly Scholes, Keano and Lamps are they...?
Not exactly the brilliant Leon.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 20:00]

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

England, the gift that keeps on giving on 22:56 - Jun 14 with 1835 viewsTNT

...and if Wales was flat, it would be bigger than England!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024