Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Farron 18:33 - Jun 14 with 1928 viewsexiledclaseboy

Resigns as LibDem leader.

Poll: Tory leader

Tim Farron on 18:38 - Jun 14 with 1918 viewsdickythorpe

What a pathetic time to do it. An absolute balloon on a broom stick.
Tim Farron on 18:39 - Jun 14 with 1914 viewsswanjackal

From the medical history of his family he outlined in the debates, I imagine he is going to be a stay at home carer. Just hasn't got the time I imagine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tim Farron on 18:39 - Jun 14 with 1910 viewsblueytheblue

Could be worse, his speech was somewhat bizarre...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tim Farron on 18:41 - Jun 14 with 1900 viewsblueytheblue

Tim Farron on 18:39 - Jun 14 by swanjackal

From the medical history of his family he outlined in the debates, I imagine he is going to be a stay at home carer. Just hasn't got the time I imagine.

His speech about standing down was all about his faith... he jumped knowing a challenge was coming imminently. Given 2 MPs would need to back a challenger, it's clear he knew his party weren't behind him.

Tim Farron on 18:44 - Jun 14 with 1891 viewsswanjackal

Tim Farron on 18:41 - Jun 14 by blueytheblue

His speech about standing down was all about his faith... he jumped knowing a challenge was coming imminently. Given 2 MPs would need to back a challenger, it's clear he knew his party weren't behind him.

I knew the EU was a cult, but didn't know he took it that seriously.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tim Farron on 18:47 - Jun 14 with 1883 viewsLohengrin

His faith was raised repeatedly by journalists throughout the election campaign though, Bluey. The left ones especially seemed to have an extraordinarily prurient interest in his attitude toward gay sex.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tim Farron on 18:52 - Jun 14 with 1870 viewsWatchman

being a liberal there were more than two behind him apparently alledgedly

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Tim Farron on 18:55 - Jun 14 with 1862 viewsmonmouth

Who?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Tim Farron on 19:00 - Jun 14 with 1848 viewsDarran

Tim Farron on 18:55 - Jun 14 by monmouth

Who?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tim Farron on 19:00 - Jun 14 with 1847 viewsblueytheblue

Tim Farron on 18:47 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

His faith was raised repeatedly by journalists throughout the election campaign though, Bluey. The left ones especially seemed to have an extraordinarily prurient interest in his attitude toward gay sex.

Nah, that's not the reason he quit, Loh.

Brian Paddick resigned this afternoon, citing Farron's views as the issue. Farron knew full well the challenge was coming, jumped before being stabbed in the back...

His speech was... wierd. Like this example...

"To be a political leader - especially of a progressive, liberal party in 2017 - and to live as a committed Christian, to hold faithfully to the Bible’s teaching, has felt impossible for me. "

So he's a committed Christian by his own admission, yet feels unable to lead a progressive,liberal party? That suggests the media questions were very much accurate, probably fed to them by other Lib Dems.

I'm sure if he'd been close to becoming PM, he'd have jumped into bed with DUP. Just the female DUP ones, obviously...

Tim Farron on 20:50 - Jun 14 with 1748 viewstrampie

It was a pity to see the Lib-Dems wiped out in Wales, it's not good for the country to have just two parties battling it out.
All those years the home rule party dominated Welsh politics, supported Wales, the language and non conformist religion to be now wiped out, a sad time indeed.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tim Farron on 20:52 - Jun 14 with 1747 viewsDarran

Tim Farron on 20:50 - Jun 14 by trampie

It was a pity to see the Lib-Dems wiped out in Wales, it's not good for the country to have just two parties battling it out.
All those years the home rule party dominated Welsh politics, supported Wales, the language and non conformist religion to be now wiped out, a sad time indeed.

Hey Tramp Bethan replied to me on twitter because she found my joke funny.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tim Farron on 20:56 - Jun 14 with 1728 viewsWarwickHunt

God-bothering fûckwit. Good riddance.
Tim Farron on 21:03 - Jun 14 with 1705 viewsDr_Winston

Religious people have no business being near the seat of power.

He was a Lib Dem though so no reason he couldn't have carried on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tim Farron on 21:06 - Jun 14 with 1696 viewstrampie

Tim Farron on 20:52 - Jun 14 by Darran

Hey Tramp Bethan replied to me on twitter because she found my joke funny.

No wonder she laughed she had heard who you had voted for, lol.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Tim Farron on 21:36 - Jun 14 with 1652 viewsBanosswan

Poor timing, obviously leaned on by the leaders of his belief, weak.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tim Farron on 22:02 - Jun 14 with 1625 viewsblueytheblue

Tim Farron on 21:36 - Jun 14 by Banosswan

Poor timing, obviously leaned on by the leaders of his belief, weak.

"leaned on by the leaders of his belief"?

Do you seriously believe that?

Paddick resigned deliberately to trigger a leadership election... Farron's religious views were merely used a tool to an end.

Tim Farron on 22:03 - Jun 14 with 1623 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cable, Davey and Swinson all returned to the Commons last Thursday. No coincidence.

Poll: Tory leader

Tim Farron on 22:06 - Jun 14 with 1618 viewslondonlisa2001

Tim Farron on 18:47 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

An interest that given his comments today seems entirely justified.

I voted for them despite him and am thrilled that he's gone.

The only regret is that he didn't go some time ago. But then I guess naked political ambition and deception don't feature on his list of sins.
Tim Farron on 22:37 - Jun 14 with 1578 viewsjackportis

The site of him and john bercow behind the Manchester poet during his reading was truly gringeworthy. So he was torn between his faith and politics! So what will the London mayor do,,,

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Tim Farron on 06:49 - Jun 15 with 1507 viewsKilkennyjack

Tim Farron on 20:50 - Jun 14 by trampie

Put simply, Nick Clegg destroyed the party for his own personal gain.

Beware of the Risen People

Tim Farron on 07:41 - Jun 15 with 1465 viewsItchySphincter

Tim Farron on 20:56 - Jun 14 by WarwickHunt

God-bothering fûckwit. Good riddance.

I agree. I could just about bring myself to vote Lib Dem at times but never with him at the helm.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tim Farron on 08:16 - Jun 15 with 1444 viewstrampie

Tim Farron on 06:49 - Jun 15 by Kilkennyjack

Put simply, Nick Clegg destroyed the party for his own personal gain.

A pity, in old money when Labour was on the left, Libs in the middle and Cons on the right I would guess that the majority of Libs were closer to Labour than the Cons ( vast majority actually), after all back in the day it was Libs v Cons.
For Libs in the guise of Lib-Dems to go with the Cons in a coalition when they were forcing austerity on the population and then be part of allowing tuition fees, when in modern times lots of Lib-Dem support comes from University towns and from the students themselves in lots of cases was a grave mistake.
Clegg is the best speaker of the modern era, he increased their vote at one time but made wrong decisions and now the Libs are rock bottom.
8 seats last time out, 12 this time is a disaster, Plaid are only in Wales and only strong in Westminster elections in Welsh speaking areas and regularly get 4 seats.
For a Britain wide party it's shockingly bad the results the Lib-Dems get.
Lib-Dems were in the middle (unfortunately on the right these days), Plaid and SNP in the middle (slightly left), Green's a little more left, it's a pity to see these middle of the road smaller parties squeezed as they are the sensible parties (generalising of course).
Cons are extreme right and Labour have until this election been right wing for about 3 decades, now their manifesto is back out on the left, nothing wrong with their manifesto imo but they can't be trusted and as the last 30 years prove they are traitors to the working class and poor.
Im on the left myself but it's a pity that the parties that are middle of the road are getting squeezed by the extremes of Labour (whether left or right) and the Conservatives for democracy's sake in this country.

Tim Farron on 09:55 - Jun 15 with 1383 viewsdickythorpe

Tim Farron on 08:16 - Jun 15 by trampie

A pity, in old money when Labour was on the left, Libs in the middle and Cons on the right I would guess that the majority of Libs were closer to Labour than the Cons ( vast majority actually), after all back in the day it was Libs v Cons.
For Libs in the guise of Lib-Dems to go with the Cons in a coalition when they were forcing austerity on the population and then be part of allowing tuition fees, when in modern times lots of Lib-Dem support comes from University towns and from the students themselves in lots of cases was a grave mistake.
Clegg is the best speaker of the modern era, he increased their vote at one time but made wrong decisions and now the Libs are rock bottom.
8 seats last time out, 12 this time is a disaster, Plaid are only in Wales and only strong in Westminster elections in Welsh speaking areas and regularly get 4 seats.
For a Britain wide party it's shockingly bad the results the Lib-Dems get.
Lib-Dems were in the middle (unfortunately on the right these days), Plaid and SNP in the middle (slightly left), Green's a little more left, it's a pity to see these middle of the road smaller parties squeezed as they are the sensible parties (generalising of course).
Cons are extreme right and Labour have until this election been right wing for about 3 decades, now their manifesto is back out on the left, nothing wrong with their manifesto imo but they can't be trusted and as the last 30 years prove they are traitors to the working class and poor.
Im on the left myself but it's a pity that the parties that are middle of the road are getting squeezed by the extremes of Labour (whether left or right) and the Conservatives for democracy's sake in this country.

I'd have put Compo and Foggy before Norman Clegg!!!!!! Hell even Nora Batty's idiot Carl Fogarty, Barry Sheen, EVIL Kinevil wannabe husband WALLY!!!!!!!!!
Tim Farron on 10:27 - Jun 15 with 1343 viewsLeonWasGod

Tim Farron on 19:00 - Jun 14 by blueytheblue

Nah, that's not the reason he quit, Loh.

Brian Paddick resigned this afternoon, citing Farron's views as the issue. Farron knew full well the challenge was coming, jumped before being stabbed in the back...

His speech was... wierd. Like this example...

"To be a political leader - especially of a progressive, liberal party in 2017 - and to live as a committed Christian, to hold faithfully to the Bible’s teaching, has felt impossible for me. "

So he's a committed Christian by his own admission, yet feels unable to lead a progressive,liberal party? That suggests the media questions were very much accurate, probably fed to them by other Lib Dems.

I'm sure if he'd been close to becoming PM, he'd have jumped into bed with DUP. Just the female DUP ones, obviously...

The female, non-married ones obviously! Although I've known a few fervent christians who seem to use it as a smoke screen. Ok, I exaggerate - I've known one cheating barsteward like that, but his extra-marital activities and self-righteousness were enough for a dozen people.

Odd decision isn't it. Conservative christian values and liberal views make uneasy bedfellows for sure, but it does look like this pre-empts a possible challenge by Paddick or other factions aligning to Piddick. Timing is far too much of a coincidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024