Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
paul clement 21:31 - Jun 15 with 4704 viewssideline

my biggest fear is pc will see what an incompetent prick hj is in the transfer market,show him his bargain bucket transfer list and lack of ambition,and pc will walk away,he wont be short of offers from ambitous teams.??
paul clement on 21:36 - Jun 15 with 3830 viewsmonmouth

And if that doesn't happen the sky might fall in, or the sun might be swallowed up by Kim Kardashian's enormous ring.

That's my biggest fear.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

paul clement on 21:51 - Jun 15 with 3754 viewsDr_Winston

PC seemed happy enough with the work we did in January. Seemed happy enough with HJ's asssertion that not an awful lot of work was needed this summer too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

paul clement on 22:00 - Jun 15 with 3705 viewsmorningstar

paul clement on 21:51 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

PC seemed happy enough with the work we did in January. Seemed happy enough with HJ's asssertion that not an awful lot of work was needed this summer too.

Fair play, for such a cynical chap like yourself that's quite a naive statement you've made there!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

paul clement on 22:01 - Jun 15 with 3696 viewsDr_Winston

paul clement on 22:00 - Jun 15 by morningstar

Fair play, for such a cynical chap like yourself that's quite a naive statement you've made there!

I trust what people say until they give me reason not to.

Makes my cynicism even better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

paul clement on 22:14 - Jun 15 with 3630 viewsicecoldjack

It's a fair point, i do however feel that clement still has a bit to prove to himself before he can be big enough to call the shots, he's still on the learning curve IMO.

I think clement touched on the fact himself that he feels comfortable in the environment here, hopefully meaning this is his very own form of brendan style face stroking which huw will love and therefore give him what he wants rather than what the chairman thinks he need s!

I'd like to see Paul use his contacts to hopefully bring in some top young prospects from abroad, even if on loan, but lets remember that clement said himself that the squad doesnt need major work. I suspect we will do a bit of business in the last throws of pre season once the big boys have got what they want and the the rest filter down.
Somw players will be holding out for a London club,european football,big wages etc,etc until reality sinks in and they end up at Burnley,Brighton,Swansea or Huddersfield . Sad but true.
paul clement on 22:15 - Jun 15 with 3626 viewsexiledclaseboy

When Guidolin said the same thing everyone was off the view that he'd have to say that publicly but privately he'd be tamping.

Poll: Tory leader

paul clement on 22:21 - Jun 15 with 3587 viewsDr_Winston

paul clement on 22:15 - Jun 15 by exiledclaseboy

When Guidolin said the same thing everyone was off the view that he'd have to say that publicly but privately he'd be tamping.

Don't think Guido was capable of being tamping. Part of his problem.

Suspect Clem is made of sterner stuff and the club are a bit wiser following the Bradley debacle. Plus the additions we made in Jan have all strengthened the side so we're not starting off from a weak position.

paul clement on 22:23 - Jun 15 with 3573 viewsmajorraglan

I think it's more of the same. I don't think many people would openly criticise their employers in public without having a plan b.
Login to get fewer ads

paul clement on 22:28 - Jun 15 with 3547 viewsmorningstar

Hmm. Dunno about that, Guidolin was always 'very appy', and whilst i'm sure he did his best, just went along with the ride at the end of the day. Nice man though.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

paul clement on 22:29 - Jun 15 with 3533 viewsjack2jack

paul clement on 22:14 - Jun 15 by icecoldjack

It's a fair point, i do however feel that clement still has a bit to prove to himself before he can be big enough to call the shots, he's still on the learning curve IMO.

I think clement touched on the fact himself that he feels comfortable in the environment here, hopefully meaning this is his very own form of brendan style face stroking which huw will love and therefore give him what he wants rather than what the chairman thinks he need s!

I'd like to see Paul use his contacts to hopefully bring in some top young prospects from abroad, even if on loan, but lets remember that clement said himself that the squad doesnt need major work. I suspect we will do a bit of business in the last throws of pre season once the big boys have got what they want and the the rest filter down.
Somw players will be holding out for a London club,european football,big wages etc,etc until reality sinks in and they end up at Burnley,Brighton,Swansea or Huddersfield . Sad but true.

I see what you mean Ice,however,I think he's earned a bit of respect,after digging the club out of the shit last season, I would hope that he is given some say,and I know I'm being a bit naïve here,on some signings for the summer.With his contacts I think HJ would be daft not to tap into this network, I know that it is old tight wad were talking about,but hope sense will prevail.Dont think we want to hack PC off so early in his tenure,but wtf do I know.Anyway let's see what happens eh!cos ATM it looks like fvck all.All systems normal then.
paul clement on 22:37 - Jun 15 with 3497 viewsjacktar

I think that Hubert may have learned a lesson or two from recent seasons (let's hope to feck that he has anyway) and hopefully sees PC as the way forward. As you say Doc, there seems to be some mutual understanding of what's needed, so let's just hope that HJ at least respects what Clement feels he needs on the field. We'll probably all know pretty soon.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

paul clement on 00:35 - Jun 16 with 3300 viewsgiantstoneater

paul clement on 22:37 - Jun 15 by jacktar

I think that Hubert may have learned a lesson or two from recent seasons (let's hope to feck that he has anyway) and hopefully sees PC as the way forward. As you say Doc, there seems to be some mutual understanding of what's needed, so let's just hope that HJ at least respects what Clement feels he needs on the field. We'll probably all know pretty soon.

We seem to be doing the same thing as we did last season letting our strikers go without getting adequate replacements in, we brought in Baston and Llorente late in the day and both didn`t have pre-seasons and we suffered as a result Llorente didn`t get going until xmas and Baston didn`t get going at all, on top of that Ollie McB was our third choice striker for the best part of the season. So far Gomis is just about to head off to Turkey, Baston heading back to Spain and the possibillity of McB heading off on loan and rumours that Llorente is still interesting Chelsea leaving us with just Ayeuw.
paul clement on 03:08 - Jun 16 with 3213 viewsDavillin

paul clement on 22:23 - Jun 15 by majorraglan

I think it's more of the same. I don't think many people would openly criticise their employers in public without having a plan b.

Plan B:

B-1. Send out a stack of resumes.

B-2. If you're religious, pray; if not, hope..

[p.s. Since we're offering opinions, here's mine on Jenkins: the o.p. is either relatively uninformed about the facts, or has been unduly influenced by the anti-Jenkins chorus, or probably both. I remember a time when most posters believed "the sun shines out of his ass." Because of the unsavory aspects of the sale of the club, he takes a lot of unfair and unkind guff about many other things unrelated.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

paul clement on 06:57 - Jun 16 with 3094 viewsDr_Winston

paul clement on 03:08 - Jun 16 by Davillin

Plan B:

B-1. Send out a stack of resumes.

B-2. If you're religious, pray; if not, hope..

[p.s. Since we're offering opinions, here's mine on Jenkins: the o.p. is either relatively uninformed about the facts, or has been unduly influenced by the anti-Jenkins chorus, or probably both. I remember a time when most posters believed "the sun shines out of his ass." Because of the unsavory aspects of the sale of the club, he takes a lot of unfair and unkind guff about many other things unrelated.]

Every bit of "unfair and unkind guff" Jenkins takes is entirely self inflicted and entirely deserved, and he was taking a wedge of it before the club was sold.

Regardless of his achievements between 2003-2014 (and if we're being honest there was a lot to criticise then, but far outweighed by the good), since the Laudrup debacle his performance in the job simply hasn't been good enough by any measure.

paul clement on 08:18 - Jun 16 with 2945 viewsWarwickHunt

Boris has given Theresa his full support...
paul clement on 08:48 - Jun 16 with 2851 viewsYossarian

As soon as PC gets the chance to move up the pecking order he'll be off- and who could blame him?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

paul clement on 09:10 - Jun 16 with 2803 viewsMrSwerve

paul clement on 22:00 - Jun 15 by morningstar

It's not a popular viewpoint but I think we have a reasonable squad to compete in the PL. Obviously we need to bring in a couple of players to strengthen and sort out issues such as Borja though.

People always come up with a plan on here every summer that involves selling 5 or 6 first team players, 5 substitute players and bringing in 8 quality players. It just isn't going to happen, nor does it need to.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

paul clement on 14:49 - Jun 16 with 2591 viewsLoyal

Pay him, I'm sure he sees the cnt for what he is.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

paul clement on 15:00 - Jun 16 with 2573 viewsDr_Winston

paul clement on 09:10 - Jun 16 by MrSwerve

It's not a popular viewpoint but I think we have a reasonable squad to compete in the PL. Obviously we need to bring in a couple of players to strengthen and sort out issues such as Borja though.

People always come up with a plan on here every summer that involves selling 5 or 6 first team players, 5 substitute players and bringing in 8 quality players. It just isn't going to happen, nor does it need to.

Couldn't agree more.

paul clement on 15:00 - Jun 16 with 2572 viewsFlashberryjack

paul clement on 22:01 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

I trust what people say until they give me reason not to.

Makes my cynicism even better.

And you trust what Huw says ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

paul clement on 15:03 - Jun 16 with 2561 viewsDr_Winston

paul clement on 15:00 - Jun 16 by Flashberryjack

And you trust what Huw says ?

Not even slightly.

paul clement on 15:40 - Jun 16 with 2499 viewsFlashberryjack

paul clement on 15:03 - Jun 16 by Dr_Winston

Not even slightly.

Lets hope PC doesn't either....or he's going to be very disappointed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

paul clement on 19:48 - Jun 16 with 2338 viewsswanforthemoney

HJ may be morally dubious in his dealings with the Trust and the takeover, but accusations of his incompetence are overdone.
As chairman and with oversight of footballing matters with a smallish club he's had 3 promotions, never been relegated in nearly 15 years, won a trophy and had a season in Europe
His record ain't as bad as some make out.
PC would have known what he was coming to. Let's face it he would have known what our record on transfers has been in the past.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 19:50]

I stand in the North Stand

paul clement on 19:50 - Jun 16 with 2336 viewsexiledclaseboy

paul clement on 19:48 - Jun 16 by swanforthemoney

HJ may be morally dubious in his dealings with the Trust and the takeover, but accusations of his incompetence are overdone.
As chairman and with oversight of footballing matters with a smallish club he's had 3 promotions, never been relegated in nearly 15 years, won a trophy and had a season in Europe
His record ain't as bad as some make out.
PC would have known what he was coming to. Let's face it he would have known what our record on transfers has been in the past.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 19:50]

When you take the understandable emotion out if it, it becomes quite difficult to argue with that.

Poll: Tory leader

paul clement on 20:37 - Jun 16 with 2274 viewsmonmouth

paul clement on 19:50 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

When you take the understandable emotion out if it, it becomes quite difficult to argue with that.

I think the financial control and the player and managerial choices since May 2014 make it reasonably easy to argue with. We could, and probably should have been relegated twice since then and our accounts have become somewhat precarious, perhaps even threatening if we were relegated.

He's paid a ceo's salary now. Monk and Bradley vs Koeman and Clement. The cost having to pay off four managers in three years, one after 11 weeks, one four months into a three year contract, and one two months into a two year contract would have led to any proper ceos removal.

All of that cost could easily be argued as a direct consequence of his ridiculous ego and control freakery.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 20:37]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024