Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium lease news 17:38 - Jun 20 with 2689 viewsjackjackjackjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-chief-reveals-club-1321

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Stadium lease news on 17:46 - Jun 20 with 2647 viewsWhiterockin

Expect new naming rights for The Liberty very soon then.
Stadium lease news on 17:48 - Jun 20 with 2644 views3swan

First it was HJ on transfers now this. Cynical me says the timing of the Trust consultation has started the PR machine
Stadium lease news on 17:59 - Jun 20 with 2589 viewsVetchfielder

Stadium lease news on 17:48 - Jun 20 by 3swan

First it was HJ on transfers now this. Cynical me says the timing of the Trust consultation has started the PR machine

The cynic in me agrees with you 100%

Proud to have been one of the 231

Stadium lease news on 20:15 - Jun 20 with 2306 viewsLeonWasGod

Stadium lease news on 17:46 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

Yeah, I can't wait until it's the 'Wooaah, Bodyform for Yooou' Stadium.
Stadium lease news on 20:23 - Jun 20 with 2277 viewsWarwickHunt

Stadium lease news on 20:15 - Jun 20 by LeonWasGod

Yeah, I can't wait until it's the 'Wooaah, Bodyform for Yooou' Stadium.

The Shake 'n' Vac Arena.
Stadium lease news on 20:28 - Jun 20 with 2249 viewsPBJxxx

Stadium lease news on 17:46 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

The report said that We / Council / Ospreys have about 30% each

If we seal this deal, we get at least 60% to have naming, expansion rights as the landlord.

Then, yes!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 20:41]
Stadium lease news on 20:40 - Jun 20 with 2200 viewsGlyn1

Stadium lease news on 20:28 - Jun 20 by PBJxxx

The report said that We / Council / Ospreys have about 30% each

If we seal this deal, we get at least 60% to have naming, expansion rights as the landlord.

Then, yes!
[Post edited 20 Jun 2017 20:41]

I don't know, but I would hope so. If the club wanted to name it after something that would hurt the reputation of the Ospreys - e.g. the Wonga stadium or whatever - they should morally have the right to veto that.

"Even so, the club and the local authority had been thought to be a long way apart in their respective valuations of an annual fee for the lease. WalesOnline understands those valuations were some £1million apart."

If true, then I'm on the side of the council and hope that they strike a hard bargain, because the community needs that million more than the club does.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Stadium lease news on 20:41 - Jun 20 with 2197 viewsLandore_Jack

Would someone kindly copy and paste the contents of the article? I keep getting Error 403 Forbidden.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium lease news on 20:51 - Jun 20 with 2151 viewsOldjack

Stadium lease news on 20:41 - Jun 20 by Landore_Jack

Would someone kindly copy and paste the contents of the article? I keep getting Error 403 Forbidden.

Sort that out Swansea City chief reveals club and local council are edging nearer to an agreement over Liberty Stadium lease

Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman is leading negotiations as the club look to secure greater commercial freedom

38SharesComments

ByAndrew Gwilym

17:26, 20 JUN 2017

Sport
General view of the Liberty Stadium
General view of the Liberty Stadium

38Shares

Get rugby updates directly to your inbox

Swansea City's chief operating officer Chris Pearlman believes the club and Swansea Council are making good progress in discussions over the lease of the Liberty Stadium, with leader Rob Stewart hoping an agreement is weeks, rather than months away.

Plans for the Premier League club to acquire the lease of the stadium in order to help boost their commercial operation were first revealed in March, and both sides had initially been hopeful of a deal being concluded quickly.

However, the then-upcoming council elections and Swansea City's battle to avoid relegation from the Premier League ensured the matter had to be placed on the backburner until those events were concluded.
Read More

Manchester City desperately want former Swansea City striker Wilfried Bony off the books - but staggering wages putting move in serious jeopardy

Even so, the club and the local authority had been thought to be a long way apart in their respective valuations of an annual fee for the lease. WalesOnline understands those valuations were some £1million apart.

The Swans hope negotiating a lease will allow them to capitalise on their status as a top-flight club, and they would look to explore stadium expansion and naming rights deals.
The Growth Factor event held at the Liberty Stadium. Chris Pearlman, Chief Operating Officer, Swansea City FC

"I would say conversations are moving along in a very positive manner with the council," said Pearlman.

"I do not want to jinx it and there are still matters to be dealt with but since the end of the season and the council elections there are has been a renewed focus from all parties to sort something out.

"I am cautiously optimistic we are moving the right way.

"The reports we were far apart in terms of valuation was accurate, but we may have found some ways to bridge the gap that are beneficial to all parties."
Read More

Can you identify all 14 of Swansea City's sponsors from the kits they featured on?

But Pearlman was quick to state that there is no rush to getting a deal completed before the new season commences in mid-August, and insisted the club will not be rushed into accepting a deal that is not in the best interests of all parties involved in the discussions.

"It would be great to have it done before the start of next season but that is not realistic," he said.

"It would be great to have the parameters of an agreement ironed out before then but we are not under a massive time crunch to do a deal.

"We are not going to do a bad deal, and we will go from having much less risk to more risk.
Chris Pearlman at the launch of Swansea City's new kit

"We see big opportunities to more effectively monetise the stadium and do what we want to do with expansion, but we do not need to do it tomorrow.

"We don't want to wait, but we are not going to do a bad deal. We are all keen to figure it out, but these things take time, these things are complex.

"So coming to an agreement that benefits all parties is what we want, that is out there but it takes a bit of time to figure out how that works."
Read More

Spanish pair in line for Swansea City exits as club scan the market for opportunities to offload

The council built the £27 million Liberty Stadium in 2005, and would retain its role as landlord if the Swans were to sign a lease.
Swansea Council leader Rob Stewart

Council leader Rob Stewart said: "We will continue to work towards the right deal for the people of Swansea who invested £27million to build the stadium.

"We want to see the Swans and Ospreys continue to be successful. We believe a deal which gives the clubs more commercial freedom to make a success of the stadium while giving the taxpayer a fair return is within reach.

"Ideally we would like to come to an agreement within weeks rather than months."

The day-to-day running of the stadium, including commercial activity, is the remit of Swansea Stadium Management Company (SSMC), of which the council, Swansea City and the Ospreys are each one-third members.

It is believed Swansea City and the Ospreys have already broadly agreed the terms of how any deal would work between the two organisations.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stadium lease news on 20:52 - Jun 20 with 2147 viewsairedale

Be great if they really start marketing it and get some big bands down there, like Gerry and the Pacemakers. They were brilliant the last time I saw them.
Stadium lease news on 20:58 - Jun 20 with 2121 viewsLandore_Jack

Thank you Oldjack.

#backtojack

Stadium lease news on 21:02 - Jun 20 with 2097 viewsLeonWasGod

Stadium lease news on 20:52 - Jun 20 by airedale

Be great if they really start marketing it and get some big bands down there, like Gerry and the Pacemakers. They were brilliant the last time I saw them.

Just had Take That! They must be pretty big still, at least for grannies.
Stadium lease news on 21:53 - Jun 20 with 1979 viewsairedale

Stadium lease news on 21:02 - Jun 20 by LeonWasGod

Just had Take That! They must be pretty big still, at least for grannies.

My Mrs and her sisters went, and their nephew was stewarding. Me, I was at home watching my Kung Fu box set. Brilliant glasshopper.
Stadium lease news on 22:02 - Jun 20 with 1948 viewsLeonWasGod

Stadium lease news on 21:53 - Jun 20 by airedale

My Mrs and her sisters went, and their nephew was stewarding. Me, I was at home watching my Kung Fu box set. Brilliant glasshopper.

Good decision- a much better choice than listening to that warbling nonsense
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024