Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... 19:15 - Jun 23 with 8499 viewsmarchamjack

http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/exclusive-swansea-city-make-moreno-bid?utm_

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 19:22 - Jun 23 with 8467 viewsDr_Winston

We've already got Olsson and decent cover in Kingsley at LB. It's not a position we need to add to at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 19:28 - Jun 23 with 8429 viewsRancid

As injury prone as Olsson is we'd never spend dosh like that on a full back.
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 19:48 - Jun 23 with 8329 viewsnantywatcher

Moreno's awful - bring back Neil Taylor
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 19:59 - Jun 23 with 8275 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 19:22 - Jun 23 by Dr_Winston

We've already got Olsson and decent cover in Kingsley at LB. It's not a position we need to add to at all.

Plus KN can play either side if necessary, at least he has played a little on the left before.

No, we need to focus on getting a little more depth on the right side. Hoping the Arias deal comes through.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 20:08 - Jun 23 with 8223 viewsLandore_Jack

Surely a RB should be a priority?

#backtojack

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 15:00 - Jun 24 with 7423 viewsJango

not very good defensively. Superb going forward. Would make a superb wing back. Don't need strengthening in that area really but he would improve our team wherever on the left he played.
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 15:31 - Jun 24 with 7313 viewsTheKirkyLife

I do feel people are looking at where he's been playing and assuming the worst. I'm thinking outside the box - he's to be used as a winger in conjunction with Abraham/Ayew.
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 15:56 - Jun 24 with 7223 viewsJango

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 15:31 - Jun 24 by TheKirkyLife

I do feel people are looking at where he's been playing and assuming the worst. I'm thinking outside the box - he's to be used as a winger in conjunction with Abraham/Ayew.

It's a big if,but if clement is looking to bring him in then it would surely be to play in front of Olsson, but also acting as a cover for the fullback position meaning Kingsley could go out on loan. No way is clement looking to replace olsson.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 15:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 16:14 - Jun 24 with 7161 viewskyswans

If we're going to be paying 13m for a LW, I really hope it's not on someone who primarily plays LB.

Just smells like sh*t all around
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 17:03 - Jun 24 with 7021 viewsTheKirkyLife

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 16:14 - Jun 24 by kyswans

If we're going to be paying 13m for a LW, I really hope it's not on someone who primarily plays LB.

Let's be fair even when the Klopp wanted him to play LB he didn't
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 17:15 - Jun 24 with 6970 viewsnyc_swans

there's a good player in moreno. he has pace and is superb going forward. i'd be interested what he could do as a left sided attacker.

this is an intriguing link. look at the other teams linked... i'd like to see what clement could do with him.
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 20:44 - Jun 24 with 6624 viewsLeonWasGod

£13m for a left back!?

Why do people waste their time making up this sh1t?
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 21:42 - Jun 24 with 6511 viewsSwanseaTID

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 15:31 - Jun 24 by TheKirkyLife

This was my reaction. Shown many times that he's incapable of tracing back as a LB, a lot of potential going forward in a LWB/LW position. I wouldn't be totally against this but I can't see us paying £15m as the article says.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 21:44]
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 18:11 - Jun 27 with 5997 viewsNirvana

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 16:14 - Jun 24 by kyswans

Exactly the right answer, KY.

File this "report" under bbullsshitt, hopefully. Moreno is atrocious defensively, truly, and the reason he was moved there in the first place was because he wasn't skilled enough for the wing, his decisionmaking bordered on amateur-level and he lacked end product. All that still applies. I have watched him quite a bit going back to his Sevilla days and he is not worth £13m to us at any position. It's that simple.

We should be okay at LB next season with Olsson/Kingsley/Naughton, and we should be targeting actual wingers if we're spending that kind of money. Marcel Sabitzer from Leipzig is my ideal signing for us, but I doubt we'd spend enough or make the effort required to lure him away from a club in the CL. So, a few others:

Milot Rashica, Vitesse
Patrick Roberts, Man City
Matteo Politano, Sassuolo
Alireza Jahanbahksh, AZ
Emre Mor, Dortmund
Siebe Schrijvers, Genk
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 22:28 - Jul 7 with 5604 viewsSwansea93

Been linked again today for 13m, I wonder if we'd use him as a LW as opposed to a LB.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 06:02 - Jul 8 with 5354 viewsBirchgrovejack

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 22:28 - Jul 7 by Swansea93

Been linked again today for 13m, I wonder if we'd use him as a LW as opposed to a LB.

Or possibly a LWB if we went for 5 in the back
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 08:00 - Jul 8 with 5161 viewsWhiterockin

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 06:02 - Jul 8 by Birchgrovejack

Or possibly a LWB if we went for 5 in the back

Or 3 at the back and 5 across the middle.
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 02:05 - Jul 9 with 4586 viewsNirvana

Moreno is a joke of a footballer at this point. All talent, no brains.

Klopp is generally spot on with his player evaluations, and he chose a 30-year old with no experience in defence over this guy. And he was right.

Enough said. We move on.
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 02:11 - Jul 9 with 4575 viewsNirvana

In other news, Udinese and their top-notch scouting network have begun "preying on Rashica" to the tune of €5m, according to this article:

https://www.football-oranje.com/udinese-preying-rashica/

Simply put, the kid is an immense talent with a great future ahead of him, and offers so much that we lack at the moment. Would be a fantastic signing and he would pair perfectly with Siggy/Llorente/Ayew/Mesa. Rashica is also available at Huw's preferred bargain-bin price, and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to join us. Get it done, Huw. (I await the Udinese press conference)

Much the same can be said for Emre Mor, although it'd be harder to convince him to join us. But if Fenerbahce and Southampton are in this, we should be too:

http://talksport.com/football/fenerbahce-make-loan-offer-liverpool-target-emre-m
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 2:26]
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 21:15 - Feb 4 with 3925 viewsNirvana

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 02:11 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

In other news, Udinese and their top-notch scouting network have begun "preying on Rashica" to the tune of €5m, according to this article:

https://www.football-oranje.com/udinese-preying-rashica/

Simply put, the kid is an immense talent with a great future ahead of him, and offers so much that we lack at the moment. Would be a fantastic signing and he would pair perfectly with Siggy/Llorente/Ayew/Mesa. Rashica is also available at Huw's preferred bargain-bin price, and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to join us. Get it done, Huw. (I await the Udinese press conference)

Much the same can be said for Emre Mor, although it'd be harder to convince him to join us. But if Fenerbahce and Southampton are in this, we should be too:

http://talksport.com/football/fenerbahce-make-loan-offer-liverpool-target-emre-m
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 2:26]

https://beta.footballwhispers.com/blog/january-bargains-may-missed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5334831/Vitesse-midfielder-Milot-Ras

Unfortunately, Jenkins is an idiot and wasn't aware of Rashica. Werder Bremen were, though, and made quite a pickup for just €7m. Really sad that our club isn't making moves like this.

Below is what Werder's manager Florian Kohfeldt said about Rashica and the pertinent section in the article. Sounds a lot like what we're missing at the moment, which is exactly what I've been saying since the beginning of the summer:

- “He is a player with great potential and someone who can strengthen us straight away. He is great in one-on-one situations, he gets in behind the defence with his pace and gives us a lot of versatility in our squad with his quality.”

- "He’s been involved in 31 goals during two-and-a-half seasons in Holland and finished the 2016/17 season with ten assists. A key part of his game is his ability to dribble, completing, on average, 2.2 per 90 minutes. He would have been a nightmare for Premier League defenders — he’s direct and has pace to burn.

He joined Werder Bremen for a fee close o €7million according to reports. At that price he would have been worth a game for a number of clubs in England, especially those who adopt a moneyball approach to deals."
Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 21:09 - Aug 8 with 2609 viewsNirvana

Let's hope this rumour isn't true - Moreno... on 18:11 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Exactly the right answer, KY.

File this "report" under bbullsshitt, hopefully. Moreno is atrocious defensively, truly, and the reason he was moved there in the first place was because he wasn't skilled enough for the wing, his decisionmaking bordered on amateur-level and he lacked end product. All that still applies. I have watched him quite a bit going back to his Sevilla days and he is not worth £13m to us at any position. It's that simple.

We should be okay at LB next season with Olsson/Kingsley/Naughton, and we should be targeting actual wingers if we're spending that kind of money. Marcel Sabitzer from Leipzig is my ideal signing for us, but I doubt we'd spend enough or make the effort required to lure him away from a club in the CL. So, a few others:

Milot Rashica, Vitesse
Patrick Roberts, Man City
Matteo Politano, Sassuolo
Alireza Jahanbahksh, AZ
Emre Mor, Dortmund
Siebe Schrijvers, Genk

Rashica - £6m to Werder Bremen in January
22 yrs old - 4 goals / 5 assists / 1.1 key passes / 2.1 dribbles / 2.1 shots

Roberts - loaned to Celtic last season
21 yrs old - 1 goal / 5 assists

Politano - €5m loan fee to Inter w/option to buy +€20m
24 yrs old - 10 goals / 5 assists / 1.7 key passes / 1.9 dribbles / 2.8 shots

Alireza - £17m to Brighton
24 yrs old - 21 goals / 12 assists / 2.4 key passes / 3.4 dribbles / 4.3 shots

Mor - £11.7m to Celta Vigo last summer
21 yrs old - 1 goal / 3 assists / 0.6 key passes / 1.9 dribbles

Schrijvers - £2.7m to Club Brugge
22 yrs old - 5 goals / 2 assists

Yep, just a bunch of "crap footballers".

LOL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024