Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff's Growing Pains 20:17 - Jun 25 with 3269 viewsPrivate_Partz

BBC Cardiff's 'Week In Week Out' is being aired on Tuesday night.
Cardiff is one of the fastest growing cities in Europe with thousands of houses being built. Concerns are that it is growing too fast for the transport infrastructure to keep up. Jason Mohammed is going to lead the fretting.
I won't preempt the outcome of this programme but I bet it won't be redistributing wealth and improving infrastructure across all of Wales to eliviate the problem.
It will probably be 30 minutes of promoting the billion pound bypass and the Cardiff Metro instead.
I don't even want to watch it but will probably be drawn to the effing thing like a moth to a flame.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 20:24 - Jun 25 with 3251 viewsNeathJack

Attract people to live there with investment and jobs. Have to improvement the transport infrastructure as it can't cope which promptly attracts more people and jobs.

Rinse & repeat while the rest of Wales dies.
Cardiff's Growing Pains on 20:56 - Jun 25 with 3192 viewsjohnlangy

All part of the cunning Welsh Labour plan. They are probably hidden in the background sponsoring the programme to promote their vision of making that place into a real European capital.

And we'll all end up paying for it thanks to people blindly voting for Carwyn and his cronies.
Cardiff's Growing Pains on 21:07 - Jun 25 with 3171 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 20:56 - Jun 25 by johnlangy

All part of the cunning Welsh Labour plan. They are probably hidden in the background sponsoring the programme to promote their vision of making that place into a real European capital.

And we'll all end up paying for it thanks to people blindly voting for Carwyn and his cronies.

Carwyn needs more funding perhaps, from those Tories.

I am actually in Cardiff a few times a week. I go down the a470, and if i dont get past Abercynon roundabout by 6.45am, i am fecked. Nearly all of the cars have one person in. There belies the problem.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 21:11]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 21:37 - Jun 25 with 3128 viewsmorningstar

I don't see this ending well i'm afraid. Cardiff will never be seen as a true Capital city from anyone ....well outside of Cardiff really, and there is a real danger that the City will outgrow itself. Of course this won't be a good thing by any means. Certainly not in our lifetime anyway as money will still be ploughed in, not in investment of course, but in futile attempts to prop up the WAG's failed projects. We have already seen examples of this.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 22:53 - Jun 25 with 3020 viewsmax936

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 21:37 - Jun 25 by morningstar

I don't see this ending well i'm afraid. Cardiff will never be seen as a true Capital city from anyone ....well outside of Cardiff really, and there is a real danger that the City will outgrow itself. Of course this won't be a good thing by any means. Certainly not in our lifetime anyway as money will still be ploughed in, not in investment of course, but in futile attempts to prop up the WAG's failed projects. We have already seen examples of this.

The Wag is probably the worse thing that has happened to the political side of Wales ever.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 19:25 - Jun 26 with 2802 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 22:53 - Jun 25 by max936

The Wag is probably the worse thing that has happened to the political side of Wales ever.

It Is indeed Macz.
I argued with my pal about this. Confident that regionalisation was the way forward.
He wanted to disband it and my argument was that you don't get rid of democracy it it does not work for you.
My argument went tits up because the AMs disgracefully did nothing for the areas they represented. Sat on their hands and did the square root of eff all.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 10:57 - Jun 27 with 2659 viewsCopperJack

Speaking for myself, I'm thrilled that the DUP got that billion rather than Wales. That would literally be a billion spent in Cardiff. If we don't get it, I don't want them having even more.

By the way, where are we all expecting the new trauma centre to go? Cardiff, Cardiff, Cardiff. Mark my words.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 21:23 - Jun 27 with 2506 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 10:57 - Jun 27 by CopperJack

Speaking for myself, I'm thrilled that the DUP got that billion rather than Wales. That would literally be a billion spent in Cardiff. If we don't get it, I don't want them having even more.

By the way, where are we all expecting the new trauma centre to go? Cardiff, Cardiff, Cardiff. Mark my words.

Ah the Trauma Centre? That one has gone quiet for a while. Standard procedure for these things before the announcement is made to give it to Cardiff as per normal.
I don't think I can stand watching WIWO tonight. The thought of Mohammed wringing his hands over poor old Cardiff and their traffic problems would be too much for me tonight and I have busy day tomorrow. I think it will have to be catch up telly for me and a stiff drink first.

Edit. Just looked at the first 10mins. Self congratulatory cr@p from JM. Europes youngest Capital my arse. A mid sized regional administrative centre is all it is. JM thinks Cardiff Cardiff has done really well. No mention that this has only happened in the last 20years under WAGs watch. Vomit inducing.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 22:53]

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 07:16 - Jun 28 with 2362 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff's Growing Pains on 10:57 - Jun 27 by CopperJack

CJ. Check out the thread I just created.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024