Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 103791 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 09:48 - Jun 27 with 4257 viewsPrivate_Partz

Roque Mesa on 09:32 - Jun 27 by Swans_16

GET THIS GUY IN HUW.

I must say he looks impressive and is not attracting the usual 'he is cr@p' comments on here.
I wonder if our fairly recent poor performance in the transfer market has distracted the 'hangers on'. By that I mean those clubs and managers who watch the players we are looking at before coming in with a higher bid. Southampton, Stoke, and any club managed by Martinez and Rodgers for instance. Thankfully those two are out of the equation now.
If this story has legs it will be interesting to see if it attracts bids from other sources.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Roque Mesa on 09:51 - Jun 27 with 4252 viewsWarwickHunt

Roque Mesa on 09:59 - Jun 27 with 4230 viewsPegojack

Roque Mesa on 23:15 - Jun 26 by Daggyjack

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/swansea-close-to-get-roque-mesa-from-las-palmas

His head looks too big for his body in the photo accompanying that article. Has it been photo-shopped?
Roque Mesa on 10:09 - Jun 27 with 4198 viewsWarwickHunt

Roque Mesa on 09:59 - Jun 27 by Pegojack

His head looks too big for his body in the photo accompanying that article. Has it been photo-shopped?

Someone should Photoshop that 'tache out.
Roque Mesa on 10:44 - Jun 27 with 4109 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 09:43 - Jun 27 by jack247

Similar, apart from the fact Jack Cork is a Premier League footballer.

Yes, back on subject, we are going to have to replace Leon sooner rather than later. Never heard of Mesa before, but from Tummers clips, he looks to have the awareness, touch and tenacity. A couple of those highlights were like clips of Leon.

The reason Jack Cork is still a premiership footballer, is because Clement seen the light and brought Leon back in to replace him, the decision, which in my opinion kept us in the league.

Too soft in the middle of the park, needs investment in a big way and I'm glad the powers that be can see that.
Roque Mesa on 11:00 - Jun 27 with 4044 viewsmagicdaps10

Dont know much about this guy but when you see Barcelona fans saying that they should sign him on twitter...................you start to get a tad excited.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Roque Mesa on 11:07 - Jun 27 with 4026 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 10:44 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

The reason Jack Cork is still a premiership footballer, is because Clement seen the light and brought Leon back in to replace him, the decision, which in my opinion kept us in the league.

Too soft in the middle of the park, needs investment in a big way and I'm glad the powers that be can see that.

Leon is a big part of the reason they are all Premier League footballers. He is also far better than Cork. No arguments there. Canas had a free transfer after one season and now plays in Greece because he isn't good enough to play in the Premier League.

Agree with your second point. It's probably more about finding someone who can do close to what Leon does than huge changes. That being said, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Ki or Cork were replaced.
Roque Mesa on 11:24 - Jun 27 with 3974 viewsLeonWasGod

Talks in 'advanced stage' according to the oracle. £11 m.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-advanced-

This guy looks class - looks exactly the right fit for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 11:40 - Jun 27 with 3914 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 11:24 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

Talks in 'advanced stage' according to the oracle. £11 m.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-advanced-

This guy looks class - looks exactly the right fit for us.

We've beaten Roma and Sevilla to it according to WalesOnline, who seem to be fairly reliable with our transfer news.

Seems a good buy for £11 million, the type of player we should be investing in. WalesOnline reporting that he has a release clause of £26 million, but they are keen to cash in on him as it would be the largest transfer sum ever received. But when we're talking about a player who comes behind Toni Kroos in the passing stats of the La Liga, i think this is something for us to be excited about.

Now, get Roque Mesa finalised, Tammy, a RB and maybe another striker and then we'll be looking fairly decent. Of course keeping hold of Alfie, Gyfil and Llorente too !

Anyone else think he would suit a role on the Netflix show Narcos ?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 11:57]
Roque Mesa on 12:13 - Jun 27 with 3758 viewsMagic_Michu

An absolute class act... just imagine... playing with Britton for a season, he could get even better.

I'd still like us to try and sign a quality attacking midfielder / winger as healthy competition / something different to Gylfi... Ziyech at Ajax would be great still, but that boat has probably sailed.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Roque Mesa on 12:19 - Jun 27 with 3724 viewsSwans_16

I watched Ziyech a couple of times last season, and i don't think he would fit us, or succeed that great in the PL.

Get Mesa in, Get Tammy in and then strengthen the positions i've mentioned, RB and another attacker.
Roque Mesa on 12:23 - Jun 27 with 3710 viewsMagic_Michu

Has Tammy got the pace to play as one of the wider front 3?

Roque Mesa on 12:25 - Jun 27 with 3693 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 12:13 - Jun 27 by Magic_Michu

An absolute class act... just imagine... playing with Britton for a season, he could get even better.

I'd still like us to try and sign a quality attacking midfielder / winger as healthy competition / something different to Gylfi... Ziyech at Ajax would be great still, but that boat has probably sailed.

Am I the only one who thinks Gylfi won't be here next season ?
Roque Mesa on 12:30 - Jun 27 with 3663 viewsMagic_Michu

I can't see anyone paying £40 million for him.

Roque Mesa on 12:34 - Jun 27 with 3631 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 12:30 - Jun 27 by Magic_Michu

I can't see anyone paying £40 million for him.

I hope you are right but I can

Barkley Mahrez will be sold and Everton Leicester they will have the money to spend
Roque Mesa on 12:35 - Jun 27 with 3618 viewsdameedna

I see Tammy playing on the left to start with. I also think he is a ninety minute player and has the skills and pace to play on the wing. Maybe not a Rashford but as good as we have in attack. Backed up by Losson or Kingsley i see him getting a good game in.
Roque Mesa on 12:37 - Jun 27 with 3606 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 12:35 - Jun 27 by dameedna

I see Tammy playing on the left to start with. I also think he is a ninety minute player and has the skills and pace to play on the wing. Maybe not a Rashford but as good as we have in attack. Backed up by Losson or Kingsley i see him getting a good game in.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him, but he looks the type of player you want in and around the penalty area?
Roque Mesa on 12:41 - Jun 27 with 3576 viewsSwans_16

I agree with both of the above posts, albeit slightly contradictory.

You do want Tammy in the box, but with his pace he can definitely do a Rashford style for us i think. And look how many times Rashford got into the box last season.
Roque Mesa on 12:50 - Jun 27 with 3521 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 12:35 - Jun 27 by dameedna

I have literally seen nothing of Tammy Abraham to suggest he could play anywhere else than up front in and around the box?

Old fashioned goal poacher I thought, but like the post above, I haven't seen that much of him.
Roque Mesa on 12:56 - Jun 27 with 3477 viewskarnataka

Llorente is a household name in Spain and I'm sure his signing immediately raised our profile in Spain and that paves the way for this sort of signing. PC's name may also have helped in that respect due to his Real connection. Laudrup's name had the same effect but probably even moreso and while he was here, we probably could have attracted almost anybody we could afford. Abraham is quite a catch but I hope this is a sign of things to come as regards overseas talent. Yeah, love the clips too.
Roque Mesa on 14:13 - Jun 27 with 3089 viewsUxbridge

Roque Mesa on 12:13 - Jun 27 by Magic_Michu

This is a straight out Leon replacement. A position we've singularly failed to do for years. A major failing considering it's an absolutely key position for us.

No idea if there's any truth in this, you'd expect there is given the nature of the coverage, but it's the sort of signing we should be after. Would expect one of the other midfielders out of the door though, at least.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Roque Mesa on 14:29 - Jun 27 with 3012 viewsexiledinenglandjack

From sky:

SWANS IN TALKS FOR ROQUE MESA

Sky sources understand Swansea are in advanced talks to sign Las Palmas midfielder Roque Mesa for a deal worth £11m.

The Premier League club have beaten off competition from European rivals Roma and Sevilla to land the 28-year-old, who would be Swansea’s first signing of the summer.

We’re told that while the deal is progressing as planned, it has not been finalised as yet. The Spaniard has made 126 appearances for Las Palmas since making his debut in 2011.
Roque Mesa on 14:37 - Jun 27 with 2960 viewspencoedjack

Roque Mesa on 14:13 - Jun 27 by Uxbridge

This is a straight out Leon replacement. A position we've singularly failed to do for years. A major failing considering it's an absolutely key position for us.

No idea if there's any truth in this, you'd expect there is given the nature of the coverage, but it's the sort of signing we should be after. Would expect one of the other midfielders out of the door though, at least.

13 months ago we could have his replacement for 8 million

But we dithered till after the euros
Roque Mesa on 14:41 - Jun 27 with 2934 viewsPorthcawlswan

Roque Mesa on 14:37 - Jun 27 by pencoedjack

13 months ago we could have his replacement for 8 million

But we dithered till after the euros

Tbh if we sign this guy we can all forget that mishap. Barca fans are even saying they want this guy over paulinho
Roque Mesa on 15:00 - Jun 27 with 2846 viewsSwans_16

Yeah this guy seems to ooze class and has taken the La Liga by storm.

The attraction of working under PC and Claude probably played a huge role in this. If he plays in that sort of role he probably once looked upto Claude, being one of the best players in the world to ever hold onto that position.

Seems like it's happening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024