Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 102950 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 20:16 - Jan 14 with 1147 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 20:11 - Jan 14 by Swansea93

I don't think he's been given a fair chance really, same as Borja big money signings and our club don't have any faith in them.

Correct, 93.

Although I'd say Borja is very limited and Mesa is a great all-around footballer.

Put him in a team that knows how to play football and he is absolute quality. Borja needs a bit more than that, to be honest.

Either way, neither have been treated properly considering the amount we spent on them. Because our club is in a disastrous state, truly.
Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Jan 14 with 1137 viewsE20Jack

Roque Mesa on 20:11 - Jan 14 by Swansea93

I don't think he's been given a fair chance really, same as Borja big money signings and our club don't have any faith in them.

You have remember the managers and coaches see them every single day.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Roque Mesa on 20:34 - Jan 14 with 1077 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Jan 14 by E20Jack

Yep, I personally wouldn’t trust Clement as far as I could chuck him, but CC has come in and made the same judgement.

Similar to what Alan Smith said on Super Sunday today regarding Xhaka, he doesn’t think as a defensive midfielder, he’s neat and tidy on the ball but has neither the positioning sense or speed of thought to play the roll effectively. Gutted because I thought he’s the one player I thought would have come good for us in the Summer.
Roque Mesa on 20:37 - Jan 14 with 1059 viewsjack_lord

Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Jan 14 by E20Jack

and they have their favourites too. I have a colleague who gets in with every new manager and his limited ability is masked by his ability to work the boss.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Roque Mesa on 20:37 - Jan 14 with 1058 viewsE20Jack

Roque Mesa on 20:34 - Jan 14 by 34dfgdf54

Yep, I personally wouldn’t trust Clement as far as I could chuck him, but CC has come in and made the same judgement.

Similar to what Alan Smith said on Super Sunday today regarding Xhaka, he doesn’t think as a defensive midfielder, he’s neat and tidy on the ball but has neither the positioning sense or speed of thought to play the roll effectively. Gutted because I thought he’s the one player I thought would have come good for us in the Summer.

He shows flashes of good stuff, but at the end of the day he is used to a much easier league for midfield players. The space is frightening in La Liga as is the speed of play - or lack of. He has no time or space to pick his passes and doesnt have the speed of thought to adapt.

Roque Mesa on 20:42 - Jan 14 with 1031 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 20:37 - Jan 14 by E20Jack

He shows flashes of good stuff, but at the end of the day he is used to a much easier league for midfield players. The space is frightening in La Liga as is the speed of play - or lack of. He has no time or space to pick his passes and doesnt have the speed of thought to adapt.

Picking passes or getting space isn’t a problem, you only have to look at his pass completion rates to see he doesn’t struggle in that regard. I think it’s when teams start to go direct. Also he was in a decent Las Palmas team last year, who similar to us a few seasons back, kept the ball well and dictated the play more often than not.

We are constantly defending now, which doesn’t suit him in the slightest.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 20:43]
Roque Mesa on 20:45 - Jan 14 with 1012 viewsE20Jack

Roque Mesa on 20:42 - Jan 14 by 34dfgdf54

Picking passes or getting space isn’t a problem, you only have to look at his pass completion rates to see he doesn’t struggle in that regard. I think it’s when teams start to go direct. Also he was in a decent Las Palmas team last year, who similar to us a few seasons back, kept the ball well and dictated the play more often than not.

We are constantly defending now, which doesn’t suit him in the slightest.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 20:43]

His pass completion rate shows the simple stuff, I wouldn't call that picking passes picking passes refers to having to actually put some thought and skill behind a pass, whenever he has done that this season he hasnt been able to. Its easy to blame others.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024