Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 103741 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 15:05 - Jun 27 with 4256 viewsandypitt56

I would say this is the most excited ive been in the last couple of years about an incoming signing. Britton Mark II long overdue!!
Roque Mesa on 15:06 - Jun 27 with 4251 viewsDaggyjack

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/liverpool-among-clubs-interested-spanish-d
Roque Mesa on 15:08 - Jun 27 with 4236 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 15:06 - Jun 27 by Daggyjack

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/liverpool-among-clubs-interested-spanish-d

Albeit old, that article really does show how much hard work has gone into this transfer.

I hope for us all that this one pays off, we seem to have got in first and hopefully we can get this done and dusted before any further interest in this man.
Roque Mesa on 15:09 - Jun 27 with 4228 viewsbluenile

Roque Mesa on 09:51 - Jun 27 by WarwickHunt

Mesa Boogie, it'll be a new song or dance craze at the Liberty! Oddly enough, my son is selling his at the moment, if any guitarists are interested?

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Roque Mesa on 15:12 - Jun 27 with 4203 viewsbluenile

Roque Mesa on 12:34 - Jun 27 by pencoedjack

I hope you are right but I can

Barkley Mahrez will be sold and Everton Leicester they will have the money to spend

Why the feck would he leave us to go to Leicester??............His dream move? I don't think so!!

Roque Mesa on 15:16 - Jun 27 with 4182 viewsHighjack

I think this guy would be very good for us but to avoid the club being brought into disrepute i would insist on a clause in the deal that guarantees the immediate removal of the noncey moustache.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Roque Mesa on 15:18 - Jun 27 with 4170 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 15:16 - Jun 27 by Highjack

I think this guy would be very good for us but to avoid the club being brought into disrepute i would insist on a clause in the deal that guarantees the immediate removal of the noncey moustache.

Told you mate, he's from Narcos mun.
Roque Mesa on 15:33 - Jun 27 with 4111 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 15:08 - Jun 27 by Swans_16

Albeit old, that article really does show how much hard work has gone into this transfer.

I hope for us all that this one pays off, we seem to have got in first and hopefully we can get this done and dusted before any further interest in this man.

Fingers crossed it's as good as done and we don't get gazumped late in the day. Could me an absolute massive signing for us.

I know they are completely different players, and the fees are miles apart, but it sort of reminds me of the reaction when we signed Michu.
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 15:37 - Jun 27 with 4088 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 15:33 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Fingers crossed it's as good as done and we don't get gazumped late in the day. Could me an absolute massive signing for us.

I know they are completely different players, and the fees are miles apart, but it sort of reminds me of the reaction when we signed Michu.

Kind of yes, if it gets done it's the most excited i've been about a player since the Michu days to be honest. A great bit of business, just get the deal all signed before someone else comes in for him.
Roque Mesa on 15:48 - Jun 27 with 4030 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 15:33 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Yep, that's the worry for me as well. Seems like the sort of player that's too good to be true. Hopefully we are close to a deal already. A younger version of Leon would be a godsend for us.
Roque Mesa on 16:01 - Jun 27 with 3979 viewsSwan91

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-roque-mesa-what-yo

The article wins me over already haha sounds perfect for us.
Roque Mesa on 16:05 - Jun 27 with 3956 viewsgolly47

Should be a cracking signing for us. Las Palmas had a bit of a topsy turvy season, however he stood out along with Viera. Hope we get him, plays similar to kante and clasie.

Poll: What was worse?

Roque Mesa on 17:17 - Jun 27 with 3794 viewsLeonWasGod

More stuff here http://bet.unibet.co.uk/football/premier-league/roque-mesa-midfielder-who-plays-

Look at all those sideways passes - the guy that sits by me is going to hate him! ("hoof it f*ckin forward you useless f*ckin tossers")

Really hope this comes off (agree on the moustache coming off as well)
Roque Mesa on 17:38 - Jun 27 with 3732 viewsSwans_16

Begs the question though, if all these huge clubs were interested in him then why have they not bid for him as of yet ?

If it is a case of us getting in there first then i think Huw and the team should actually be congratulated for once, provided this deal gets done before we get gazumped that is.
Roque Mesa on 17:40 - Jun 27 with 3724 viewsSwan91

Roque Mesa on 17:38 - Jun 27 by Swans_16

Begs the question though, if all these huge clubs were interested in him then why have they not bid for him as of yet ?

If it is a case of us getting in there first then i think Huw and the team should actually be congratulated for once, provided this deal gets done before we get gazumped that is.

Well there were bids but they were rejected. Our bid is much more than previous bids so they decided to accept (atleast that is what I read from multiple reports). It would be Las Palmas record transfer fee received.
Roque Mesa on 17:53 - Jun 27 with 3657 viewsNirvana

Apparently we have submitted an £11m bid for Mesa, and I don't know how believable that is. This smells of Jenkins' own special brand of smoke-and-mirrors aftershave, where we "try" and lose out to the big club again (Sevilla or Roma in this case). Simply, I won't be holding my breath on this one. We'll see.

As for Mesa, he's a quality footballer and the right type of player for us to target, but he does have a habit of putting teammates into tight spots with his passes when he's pressed. It's okay in La Liga because everyone's so good with the ball, but players like Cork, Fernández and Naughton aren't. Hopefully, he has the awareness to recognize that, and will cut down on the risky passes if he signs with us.

I just can't see it happening at £11m, and I'd honestly still rather have Vincent Koziello (yes, him again). He's a lot younger, and he'd cost less. Still, getting Mesa would be a coup for us. Check this game for the good and bad of the mustachioed man:

Roque Mesa on 18:26 - Jun 27 with 3499 viewsbluenile

Roque Mesa on 17:53 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Apparently we have submitted an £11m bid for Mesa, and I don't know how believable that is. This smells of Jenkins' own special brand of smoke-and-mirrors aftershave, where we "try" and lose out to the big club again (Sevilla or Roma in this case). Simply, I won't be holding my breath on this one. We'll see.

As for Mesa, he's a quality footballer and the right type of player for us to target, but he does have a habit of putting teammates into tight spots with his passes when he's pressed. It's okay in La Liga because everyone's so good with the ball, but players like Cork, Fernández and Naughton aren't. Hopefully, he has the awareness to recognize that, and will cut down on the risky passes if he signs with us.

I just can't see it happening at £11m, and I'd honestly still rather have Vincent Koziello (yes, him again). He's a lot younger, and he'd cost less. Still, getting Mesa would be a coup for us. Check this game for the good and bad of the mustachioed man:

You need a namechange..........................................

Roque Mesa on 18:29 - Jun 27 with 3480 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 18:26 - Jun 27 by bluenile

You need a namechange..........................................

To...??
Roque Mesa on 18:37 - Jun 27 with 3444 viewsmarchamjack

I suspect our US Moneyball analyst is all over this signing given Mesa' s excellent passing/completions/ball retention stats.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Roque Mesa on 18:49 - Jun 27 with 3389 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 18:37 - Jun 27 by marchamjack

I suspect our US Moneyball analyst is all over this signing given Mesa' s excellent passing/completions/ball retention stats.

I would imagine that, as well, Marcham.

But as I said above, he has a habit of playing passes that put teammates in tight spots. That is not a good trait, but the stats don't reflect that. Watch the videos of the game I posted, or just go to 22:00 of the second video to see what I mean. It is Madrid, but he plays a poor pass that directly leads to Real's second goal.

For a DM, I would imagine these minor details are what has prevented him from signing with a bigger club.

(EDIT: I hope someone at the club has scouted Mesa in full games, and not by stats or highlights.)
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 18:51]
Roque Mesa on 19:31 - Jun 27 with 3217 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa on 18:49 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

I would imagine that, as well, Marcham.

But as I said above, he has a habit of playing passes that put teammates in tight spots. That is not a good trait, but the stats don't reflect that. Watch the videos of the game I posted, or just go to 22:00 of the second video to see what I mean. It is Madrid, but he plays a poor pass that directly leads to Real's second goal.

For a DM, I would imagine these minor details are what has prevented him from signing with a bigger club.

(EDIT: I hope someone at the club has scouted Mesa in full games, and not by stats or highlights.)
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 18:51]

What utter and complete bollocks you dick.

A risky 5 yard pass straight to his team-mate's feet? It wasn't his fault his team-mate decided to do a "Llorente" and turn before the ball even came to him.

That's the way they play out there, the keeper makes a chipped pass to the flank, Mesa makes himself available and the obvious pass was where he made it to. The only other option was back to his right back which would have been more risky. Real would have been all over that.

Had his team-mate shielded the ball when it came to his feet there would have been no issues at all.

This boy, admittedly just from the few videos, looks top class.

I can see Leon in him, definitely, but also a mixture of him, Joey, Tom Carroll and Makelele all in the same player.

What a statement of intent by the Americans if this one comes off.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roque Mesa on 19:37 - Jun 27 with 3183 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 19:31 - Jun 27 by TheResurrection

What utter and complete bollocks you dick.

A risky 5 yard pass straight to his team-mate's feet? It wasn't his fault his team-mate decided to do a "Llorente" and turn before the ball even came to him.

That's the way they play out there, the keeper makes a chipped pass to the flank, Mesa makes himself available and the obvious pass was where he made it to. The only other option was back to his right back which would have been more risky. Real would have been all over that.

Had his team-mate shielded the ball when it came to his feet there would have been no issues at all.

This boy, admittedly just from the few videos, looks top class.

I can see Leon in him, definitely, but also a mixture of him, Joey, Tom Carroll and Makelele all in the same player.

What a statement of intent by the Americans if this one comes off.

Wow.

A Leon/Allen/Tiny Tom/Maka-ffukkingg-lele hybrid, huh? All from a "few videos" I posted, that you clearly didn't watch?

Looks like someone's posing just for the sake of it.

Leave the player scouting to someone who understands the game, and don't lecture ANYONE on La Liga. You don't know sshitt.

Back to your summer.
Roque Mesa on 20:09 - Jun 27 with 3060 viewsPozuelosSideys

So has anyone seen enough of this guy to be able to make an informed comment? Somebody like malagajack usually has decent insight into the Spanish players

Similar questions were asked about Borja last year on here and everyone was raving, look how that turned out

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Roque Mesa on 20:45 - Jun 27 with 2896 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 20:09 - Jun 27 by PozuelosSideys

So has anyone seen enough of this guy to be able to make an informed comment? Somebody like malagajack usually has decent insight into the Spanish players

Similar questions were asked about Borja last year on here and everyone was raving, look how that turned out

See: my posts above.

I can post videos of a few more games I've watched of Las Palmas this season, if anyone's interested. Viera, Lemos, and Bigas would be good options for us, as well.

Mesa is quality, but at 28 and £11m, I'd want a bit more consistency in his decisionmaking if he plays DM. That won't improve for him at his age, and he sometimes struggles under pressure. It would be magnified playing with some of our less-skilled guys.

If he can cut that out, we have a great player for a few seasons on our hands. I'll repeat that I'd still rather have Koziello, but Mesa is much better than what I was actually expecting. So, I won't conplain if we do sign him. I'm going to be realistic, though, as I am now.
Roque Mesa on 21:07 - Jun 27 with 2801 viewsDaggyjack

Roque Mesa on 20:45 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

See: my posts above.

I can post videos of a few more games I've watched of Las Palmas this season, if anyone's interested. Viera, Lemos, and Bigas would be good options for us, as well.

Mesa is quality, but at 28 and £11m, I'd want a bit more consistency in his decisionmaking if he plays DM. That won't improve for him at his age, and he sometimes struggles under pressure. It would be magnified playing with some of our less-skilled guys.

If he can cut that out, we have a great player for a few seasons on our hands. I'll repeat that I'd still rather have Koziello, but Mesa is much better than what I was actually expecting. So, I won't conplain if we do sign him. I'm going to be realistic, though, as I am now.

You say he won't improve at ...yet I think Leon definitely got even better since he was 28.

With Mesa playing with better players and a good manager, I think he may well get better in these aspects of his game.

The fact that he is on the verge of a Spanish call-up is testament to his ability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024