Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 21:56 - Jun 26 with 103790 views34dfgdf54

A few news sources are reporting we are close to bringing Roque Mesa in from Las Palmas.

Not heard of him before, but from looking at videos and checking stats he looks like a Britton replacement. Second most completed passes in la liga last year, 14 x bookings so he puts it about a bit. From the videos he pretty much looks identical to Leon in terms of playing style.

I'm glad we are looking to strengthen this area, £9 mill apparently.
Roque Mesa on 21:22 - Jun 27 with 6430 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 21:07 - Jun 27 by Daggyjack

You say he won't improve at ...yet I think Leon definitely got even better since he was 28.

With Mesa playing with better players and a good manager, I think he may well get better in these aspects of his game.

The fact that he is on the verge of a Spanish call-up is testament to his ability.

And this is where talent evaluation becomes tricky, Daggy.

"Better players" at Swansea, maybe. I'll allow that, but Las Palmas are not markedly worse than us. Plus, La Liga is a better league with better talent, so it's all a bit relative there. Technique and touch are valued more than anything in Spain, and he's been there his entire career. He won't have better in England, unless he went to Arsenal.

As for his decisionmaking and maturation, maybe we'll see an improvement but it's not likely. Most players don't grow much after turning 28, as it's typically after their peak. And Leon is not better now than when we came into the PL.

I am not a Mesa detractor, I have said many positives and he is quality, but the one negative is not going to change. It's also a big drawback for someone filling Leon's boots. Watch the videos I posted, and there's more if you'd like to see them.
Roque Mesa on 21:41 - Jun 27 with 6363 viewsTheResurrection

Roque Mesa on 21:22 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

And this is where talent evaluation becomes tricky, Daggy.

"Better players" at Swansea, maybe. I'll allow that, but Las Palmas are not markedly worse than us. Plus, La Liga is a better league with better talent, so it's all a bit relative there. Technique and touch are valued more than anything in Spain, and he's been there his entire career. He won't have better in England, unless he went to Arsenal.

As for his decisionmaking and maturation, maybe we'll see an improvement but it's not likely. Most players don't grow much after turning 28, as it's typically after their peak. And Leon is not better now than when we came into the PL.

I am not a Mesa detractor, I have said many positives and he is quality, but the one negative is not going to change. It's also a big drawback for someone filling Leon's boots. Watch the videos I posted, and there's more if you'd like to see them.

OH FFS shut the fack up you utter cock, you ain't got a clue little boy.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roque Mesa on 21:54 - Jun 27 with 6290 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 21:41 - Jun 27 by TheResurrection

OH FFS shut the fack up you utter cock, you ain't got a clue little boy.

Wow, three whole smileys???

At least there wasn't an idiotic sermon on the tactics of La Liga this time.
Roque Mesa on 22:14 - Jun 27 with 6191 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.rtvc.es/deportes/el-swansea-y-las-palmas-llegan-a-un-principio-de-acu

Agreement made in principal:
* 13 million euros (11.5 mill pounds)
* 3 million euro wage (51K/week pounds)
* still working on payment schedule
* possible PC to announce tomorrow

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Roque Mesa on 22:30 - Jun 27 with 6083 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 22:14 - Jun 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

http://www.rtvc.es/deportes/el-swansea-y-las-palmas-llegan-a-un-principio-de-acu

Agreement made in principal:
* 13 million euros (11.5 mill pounds)
* 3 million euro wage (51K/week pounds)
* still working on payment schedule
* possible PC to announce tomorrow

Hilarious GIF, Tummer.

But we're still waiting on the Gomis and Abraham moves, and they were "done" a long time ago.

So we'll see on this one. Thanks for the link, though.
Roque Mesa on 22:31 - Jun 27 with 6068 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Roque Mesa on 22:30 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Hilarious GIF, Tummer.

But we're still waiting on the Gomis and Abraham moves, and they were "done" a long time ago.

LOL thanks man. Abraham was never going to be announced until he got back from Poland. Expect that one later this week, too.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 22:32]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Roque Mesa on 22:34 - Jun 27 with 6042 viewsNirvana

Roque Mesa on 22:31 - Jun 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

LOL thanks man. Abraham was never going to be announced until he got back from Poland. Expect that one later this week, too.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 22:32]

Word is bond, Tummer.
Roque Mesa on 23:06 - Jun 27 with 5892 viewsdameedna

If he signs it will be his debut in the premier league. He is going to need someone alongside him to watch his back. Thinking about it positively we do have the players to pick up the pieces. I just dont see the turn of pace in him that Leon or Joe had or Vincent has and would like to see more of that.

He does have good experience in a more technical league and we do have Makalele and a host of back room staff.

If he signs we are going to have to let him play and take Leons role gradually. A bit of schooling needed and needs a full pre season.
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 07:51 - Jun 28 with 5413 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 23:06 - Jun 27 by dameedna

If he signs it will be his debut in the premier league. He is going to need someone alongside him to watch his back. Thinking about it positively we do have the players to pick up the pieces. I just dont see the turn of pace in him that Leon or Joe had or Vincent has and would like to see more of that.

He does have good experience in a more technical league and we do have Makalele and a host of back room staff.

If he signs we are going to have to let him play and take Leons role gradually. A bit of schooling needed and needs a full pre season.

From the videos I have seen, he definitely has a turn of pace. In a few clips he drives through midfield with the ball, one of those clips were against Barcelona!

As for passing to players in tight spaces, again, from the clips I have seen, Las Palmas look like a team who prides itself on short, sharp passing across midfield. He even says this himself in one of his interviews. The players are comfortable in having the ball in tight areas, always confident in possession and not scared of making a mistake (see DeGuzman's goal vs Stoke at the Liberty under Laudrup). Unfortunately this was completely coached out of us over time by Garry Monk, it has taken us a while to recover from that clowns work, but hopefully now Clement can go some way in taking us back to how we used to play.

I'm not saying anyone on this thread is implying this, but I think with him looking like Leon's replacement, it may take a while for some fans to take to him given the supposed fee etc.
Roque Mesa on 09:46 - Jun 28 with 5146 viewsLeonWasGod

Roque Mesa on 21:07 - Jun 27 by Daggyjack

You say he won't improve at ...yet I think Leon definitely got even better since he was 28.

With Mesa playing with better players and a good manager, I think he may well get better in these aspects of his game.

The fact that he is on the verge of a Spanish call-up is testament to his ability.

If only we had Bob here to teach him how to kick a ball with his instep. He'll be worse off without that
Roque Mesa on 12:17 - Jun 28 with 4859 viewsunion_jack

Roque Mesa on 21:54 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Wow, three whole smileys???

At least there wasn't an idiotic sermon on the tactics of La Liga this time.

Well if it's any consolation, I think you are one of the most informative posters on here.

Unless of course you are making it all up which would make it even more impressive I suppose

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Roque Mesa on 12:58 - Jun 28 with 4693 viewsmalagajack

Roque Mesa on 20:09 - Jun 27 by PozuelosSideys

So has anyone seen enough of this guy to be able to make an informed comment? Somebody like malagajack usually has decent insight into the Spanish players

Similar questions were asked about Borja last year on here and everyone was raving, look how that turned out

I must admit, don't know anything more than anyone else on here about rocky, las palmas has not been high on my la liga watch list, however reading one of the las palmas forums ( he has a 249 pager!) It is clear their fans are gutted about losing him. Also if Sevilla and Roma are interested then he must be half decent
Roque Mesa on 13:07 - Jun 28 with 4646 viewsLoyal

Roque Mesa on 22:34 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Word is bond, Tummer.

You know shit loads 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Roque Mesa on 13:19 - Jun 28 with 4584 viewsoldcob

How do you pronounce Roque? Is it Rocky? If not, with his reputation as a hard tackler, it won't be long before the east stand will be chanting "Rocky Rocky" a la "Leon Leon".
Roque Mesa on 13:29 - Jun 28 with 4495 viewsmalagajack

Roque Mesa on 13:19 - Jun 28 by oldcob

How do you pronounce Roque? Is it Rocky? If not, with his reputation as a hard tackler, it won't be long before the east stand will be chanting "Rocky Rocky" a la "Leon Leon".

Ro-ke or rockay. Mesa - Messer. Or rocky table
Roque Mesa on 15:01 - Jun 28 with 4138 viewsjasper_T

Roque Mesa on 13:19 - Jun 28 by oldcob

Rhymes with croquet.
Roque Mesa on 16:46 - Jun 28 with 3840 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Roque Mesa on 22:30 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Hilarious GIF, Tummer.

One down, two to go.

Roque Mesa on 16:52 - Jun 28 with 3798 viewsHighjack

Roque Mesa on 12:17 - Jun 28 by union_jack

Well if it's any consolation, I think you are one of the most informative posters on here.

Unless of course you are making it all up which would make it even more impressive I suppose

They do show a lot of la liga out in Australia.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Roque Mesa on 18:18 - Jun 28 with 3548 viewsmalagajack

Roque Mesa on 15:01 - Jun 28 by jasper_T

Rhymes with croquet.

Roque Mesa on 18:49 - Jun 28 with 3368 viewskarnataka

Roque Mesa on 15:01 - Jun 28 by jasper_T

Rhymes with croquet.

Would that be Davy Croquet, king of the wild frontier?
Roque Mesa on 22:06 - Jun 28 with 2968 viewsPorthcawlswan

some late reports athletico are interested
Roque Mesa on 22:11 - Jun 28 with 2942 viewsDaithejack

Roque Mesa on 22:06 - Jun 28 by Porthcawlswan

some late reports athletico are interested

Thought they were under a transfer embargo?

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Roque Mesa on 22:18 - Jun 28 with 2900 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 22:11 - Jun 28 by Daithejack

Thought they were under a transfer embargo?

Good point they are under a transfer embargo.

Although an article i've found online states that they'll pay half up front now, and then the other half in January when the embargo is lifted.

I hope he chooses to come here.
Roque Mesa on 22:48 - Jun 28 with 2752 viewsmax936

Roque Mesa on 22:18 - Jun 28 by Swans_16

Good point they are under a transfer embargo.

Although an article i've found online states that they'll pay half up front now, and then the other half in January when the embargo is lifted.

I hope he chooses to come here.

He might, but he might feel the draw of Champions League Footie is what he wants. Hope not though as he looks a good player.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa on 22:54 - Jun 28 with 2726 viewsSwans_16

Roque Mesa on 22:48 - Jun 28 by max936

He might, but he might feel the draw of Champions League Footie is what he wants. Hope not though as he looks a good player.

Fingers crossed he comes here.

Only a matter of two hours ago Marca were reporting that the deal was basically done, pending a final signature and was expected to be completed before the weekend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024