Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patrick Roberts 18:39 - Jun 27 with 10145 viewsNirvana

I would imagine there are plenty of clubs after him (and this "report" says 12), but if Huddersfield are "leading the chase" we should be too:

http://www.90min.com/posts/5146757-man-city-starlet-set-to-be-subject-of-12-way-

Watched plenty of Celtic last season and I really like this kid, aside from some questionable hairstyle choices. That's excusable with talent, though. Left-footed; good pace and touch; excellent technique and workrate; quality playmaker, dribbler and finisher (11 goals/19 assists). Phenomenal all-around player and exactly what we need on the wing: youth, creativity, and end product.

He also played a full season under Rodgers and looked very comfortable in his system. Would be a great fit for us, and I hope we're in the race behind the scenes. Man City still owe us some money, don't they? And Rodgers could say some nice things about us, maybe? Deal waiting to happen, hopefully Jenkins won't miss this boat.

And of course, an authentic Nirvana scouting report always comes with videos. Some highlights and the Scottish Cup Final against Aberdeen that Roberts starred in recently, AND BRENDAN RODGERS AND SCOTT SINCLAIR!!!:

Patrick Roberts on 21:36 - Jul 3 with 7679 viewsNirvana

"Back to business":

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1223045/patrick-roberts-manchest

Looks as though Pep is gonna take Roberts to America for the pre-season and reassess his options after. Clubs are queueing up to get this kid and we should be right at the front.

He knows the 'Swansea Way' and has thrived in Scotland, and we should have excellent middlemen in Rodgers and Sinclair to smooth the process.

Can't see him staying with Man City this season, so it is imperative we move quickly. Get this deal done ASAP, Huw.
Patrick Roberts on 21:47 - Jul 3 with 7633 viewsKilkennyjack

Hell of a player. Yes please.

Beware of the Risen People

Patrick Roberts on 21:50 - Jul 3 with 7629 viewsKerouac

Would be a very good loan.
Do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Patrick Roberts on 22:12 - Jul 3 with 7561 viewsNirvana

Patrick Roberts on 21:47 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

Hell of a player. Yes please.

Absolutely, Kilkenny.

Just what we need on the wing, too.

You think Huw and Brendan still talk?
Patrick Roberts on 22:19 - Jul 3 with 7511 viewsNirvana

Patrick Roberts on 21:50 - Jul 3 by Kerouac

Would be a very good loan.
Do it.

Agreed, Kerouac.

But in all honesty, I watched a good amount of Celtic last season and I'd be a fan of a permanent deal, as well. Roberts hasn't been tested against top-quality opposition every week, which I would like to see, but I think he's good enough for it. Got the talent, for sure, and I believe he's got his priorities lined up correctly off the pitch too.

Seems a smart kid, just has to keep working. We're the perfect club for him, though. And Jenkins fancies Scottish football a bit, right? Get it done, Huw.
Patrick Roberts on 22:22 - Jul 3 with 7500 viewsmax936

Patrick Roberts on 22:12 - Jul 3 by Nirvana

Absolutely, Kilkenny.

Just what we need on the wing, too.

You think Huw and Brendan still talk?

Brendan would see right through Jenkins and probably tie him up in knots, Roberts belongs to Man City anyway doesn't he?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Patrick Roberts on 22:45 - Jul 3 with 7420 viewsNirvana

Patrick Roberts on 22:22 - Jul 3 by max936

Brendan would see right through Jenkins and probably tie him up in knots, Roberts belongs to Man City anyway doesn't he?

Yeah, I'd agree with that Max.

Whatever anyone thinks of him, Rodgers is a phenomenal coach and football mind. He has accomplished quite a bit, thanks to his ambition and intelligence. I would say Jenkins got lucky with his very fortunate career, and he's held on for dear life since then. They are not equals.

And yes, Roberts is with Man City. But what I meant is that I can't see him being there this season, so he's got to play somewhere. Loan deals are generally the player's choice, and I would imagine Brendan (and Scotty) could sway him into signing with us.

I'd be doing all I could to make that happen if I were Jenkins. Do I think he will? No. But he gets paid A LOT of money to do just that, so fingers crossed.
Patrick Roberts on 23:11 - Jul 3 with 7350 viewsmax936

Patrick Roberts on 22:45 - Jul 3 by Nirvana

Yeah, I'd agree with that Max.

Whatever anyone thinks of him, Rodgers is a phenomenal coach and football mind. He has accomplished quite a bit, thanks to his ambition and intelligence. I would say Jenkins got lucky with his very fortunate career, and he's held on for dear life since then. They are not equals.

And yes, Roberts is with Man City. But what I meant is that I can't see him being there this season, so he's got to play somewhere. Loan deals are generally the player's choice, and I would imagine Brendan (and Scotty) could sway him into signing with us.

I'd be doing all I could to make that happen if I were Jenkins. Do I think he will? No. But he gets paid A LOT of money to do just that, so fingers crossed.

There's Bony money still outstanding isn't there? so why not inforce the point or exchange it for Roberts for the season, Brendan's magic tongue will see him back at Celtic though I think.

Login to get fewer ads

Patrick Roberts on 23:21 - Jul 3 with 7325 viewsNirvana

Patrick Roberts on 23:11 - Jul 3 by max936

There's Bony money still outstanding isn't there? so why not inforce the point or exchange it for Roberts for the season, Brendan's magic tongue will see him back at Celtic though I think.

I'm not a finance guy, so not sure, but I remember reading something like that not too long ago. We should be trying to make it happen, and it's certainly possible.

Not likely with Jenkins, though. He really does always seem to be a few steps behind everyone else, so someone like Porto or ffukkingg Huddersfield will probably end up with Roberts.

Shame, as this one is such a no-brainer. If we're not in this behind the scenes I honestly don't know what Jenkins and Leadbetter actually do. On a silver platter for them, this one. Just make some ffukkingg effort.

"Brendan's Magic Tongue" is an excellent name for one of those alt-electronic/indie bands that has like 10 people standing on stage making it look really hard to do absolutely nothing, though. Maybe you just found your calling, Max.
Patrick Roberts on 23:59 - Jul 3 with 7267 viewsmax936

Patrick Roberts on 23:21 - Jul 3 by Nirvana

I'm not a finance guy, so not sure, but I remember reading something like that not too long ago. We should be trying to make it happen, and it's certainly possible.

Not likely with Jenkins, though. He really does always seem to be a few steps behind everyone else, so someone like Porto or ffukkingg Huddersfield will probably end up with Roberts.

Shame, as this one is such a no-brainer. If we're not in this behind the scenes I honestly don't know what Jenkins and Leadbetter actually do. On a silver platter for them, this one. Just make some ffukkingg effort.

"Brendan's Magic Tongue" is an excellent name for one of those alt-electronic/indie bands that has like 10 people standing on stage making it look really hard to do absolutely nothing, though. Maybe you just found your calling, Max.

Not me I'm tone deaf mush

Patrick Roberts on 00:04 - Jul 4 with 7261 viewsNirvana

Aww, isn't that cute?

I see I have another very special and quite devoted stalker. (Looking at you, KYSWANS)

Special in that he (or she) seems to have quite a lot to say, but is not able to express that with words. Or, you know, by actually ffukkingg POSTING something. Devoted in how thorough he (or she) is in lurking in the shadows, never really venturing out to share their own actual opinion.

You can stay hidden if you'd like, KY, but I'd really like to hear what you have to say on so much. Or, just keep downvoting. Doesn't bother me either way, hope you're getting something from it. Enjoy your summer, sir (or ma'am).
Patrick Roberts on 00:13 - Jul 4 with 7245 viewsNirvana

Patrick Roberts on 23:59 - Jul 3 by max936

Not me I'm tone deaf mush

Sorry to hear that, Max.

It's a pretty prevalent problem, though, so don't feel alone. And I hope you enjoyed the alliteration.

But don't let that stop you. Maybe start reading up on Logic. Garageband is a great and cheap intro. Get that down, and move on.

Best wishes to you, Max. Can't wait for the debut album already.
Patrick Roberts on 02:39 - Jul 6 with 6606 viewsNirvana

Shadows it is then, KY.

That's okay, you can continue to follow me from thread to thread if you like. You can even continue to dig through my history. Wasted time on your end, not mine. Go for it.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. And not bragging here, but I'm a pretty good cook.

As for you, enjoy your Summer of Downvoting. Just remember, you've got jelly school in the fall:

[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 2:40]
Patrick Roberts on 11:24 - Jul 6 with 6394 viewsmax936

Patrick Roberts on 00:13 - Jul 4 by Nirvana

Sorry to hear that, Max.

It's a pretty prevalent problem, though, so don't feel alone. And I hope you enjoyed the alliteration.

But don't let that stop you. Maybe start reading up on Logic. Garageband is a great and cheap intro. Get that down, and move on.

Best wishes to you, Max. Can't wait for the debut album already.

Brought a tear to my eye that did, Thanks for the kind words.

Patrick Roberts on 22:11 - Jul 6 with 6186 viewsNirvana

Patrick Roberts on 11:24 - Jul 6 by max936

Brought a tear to my eye that did, Thanks for the kind words.

Your welcome, Max, i meant every word of it.

Let me know if you need any help.
Patrick Roberts on 22:30 - Jul 6 with 6120 viewsspiderboy

Patrick Roberts on 22:11 - Jul 6 by Nirvana

Your welcome, Max, i meant every word of it.

Let me know if you need any help.

Well done niv,down pointed more times last night then a Kenny Everett episode!!!
Patrick Roberts on 22:31 - Jul 6 with 6119 viewsspiderboy

Patrick Roberts on 22:30 - Jul 6 by spiderboy

Well done niv,down pointed more times last night then a Kenny Everett episode!!!

Hmm hmmm...#.Tonight
Patrick Roberts on 22:35 - Jul 6 with 6104 viewsNirvana

Patrick Roberts on 22:30 - Jul 6 by spiderboy

Haha, spot on Spider.

Means I'm doing something right, I guess.

At least that's what the res told me on Snapchat earlier.
Patrick Roberts on 03:02 - Jul 13 with 5827 viewsNirvana

Apparently if Pep can't get Alexis, he's going to keep young Patty around for the season:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1263108/ex-celtic-hero-patrick-r

Strange one, honestly. I'm a big fan of Roberts, but even I'll admit thats a HUGE dropoff in talent/production. Can't believe this is true, probably just City trying to drive up his cost.

La Liga new boys Girona are the favorites, then Huddersfield, Leipzig, Nice, and Dortmund. We should be on that list, at least, and I'm hoping we are behind the scenes.

C'mon Altman (again). Work your advanced algorithm magic on this one, please.
Patrick Roberts on 03:59 - Jul 13 with 5794 viewsAussieSwan

Patrick Roberts on 03:02 - Jul 13 by Nirvana

Apparently if Pep can't get Alexis, he's going to keep young Patty around for the season:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1263108/ex-celtic-hero-patrick-r

Strange one, honestly. I'm a big fan of Roberts, but even I'll admit thats a HUGE dropoff in talent/production. Can't believe this is true, probably just City trying to drive up his cost.

La Liga new boys Girona are the favorites, then Huddersfield, Leipzig, Nice, and Dortmund. We should be on that list, at least, and I'm hoping we are behind the scenes.

C'mon Altman (again). Work your advanced algorithm magic on this one, please.

What would he cost? I'm a fan but only if it's at the right price

Being young and English his price would be inflated no doubt

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Patrick Roberts on 04:11 - Jul 13 with 5788 viewsNirvana

Patrick Roberts on 03:59 - Jul 13 by AussieSwan

What would he cost? I'm a fan but only if it's at the right price

Being young and English his price would be inflated no doubt

Definitely will be, Aussie, but I think we can work something out.

City owes us some money or something, but even so I can't see Roberts costing less than £12m. If it were up to me, I'd take him on loan with an option to buy at that price.

I think City would take that, particularly if they're able to bring in a winger or two (and I think they surely will). They've sold a few youngsters like this lately, and their squad is getting pretty full.

But the longer this drags on the price increases, especially if he shines in their pre-season. We should cut the deal now (maybe we have) and then announce it when City gets back from America.

But, to your point, anything around £15m is not going to happen for us. I wish it would, though, this kid is an immense talent.
Patrick Roberts on 01:36 - Aug 8 with 5299 viewsNirvana

The Sun reporting that Roberts is "set to snub Celtic and join Nice on season-long loan from Man City", while The Mirror says Southampton are attempting to "pip" them and Celtic:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4188645/patrick-roberts-set-to-snub-celt

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-make-patrick-ro

Problem for Nice is they needed to do so by midnight. Maybe they have, maybe they haven't. We'll see. If he passes on them for Southampton we'll know the lure of the PL was too strong.

If Roberts wants to play in the PL so badly, though, there is no better place for him than us. He would get plenty of playing time, and would fit perfectly with our style of play. He even went through the Rodgers Boot Camp last season, to great success. He'd be a star with us, alas, 'tis not meant to be it seems.

Really missed one with this guy, we really had a chance. Hopefully he doesn't come back to haunt us this season.
Patrick Roberts on 04:11 - Aug 12 with 4861 viewsNirvana

So, Nice signed Allan Saint-Maxim from Monaco instead of Roberts. That's them off the list, I would assume. And, apparently he wants to go back on loan with Celtic, but Man City would rather he compete in a better league, presumably to increase his value:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4193596/celtic-hero-patrick-roberts-man-

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1400154/celtic-patrick-roberts-t

Yesterday was supposed to be the day he found out whether he was going to Southampton or not, and it's hard for me to understand why we aren't a part of this. I hope we are behind the scenes, but I know we're not.

It really doesn't make any sense, this kid would've been perfect for us. His skills, his pedigree, his clubs and managers, everything fits our 'philosophy' to a tee. Could've loaned him in, no investment or risk on our part, and he's certainly better than our current crop of wingers.

If he goes to Celtic, then so be it, he made the decision. But Southampton? I'd be ffukkingg livid. We'll see.
Patrick Roberts on 08:22 - Aug 22 with 4634 viewsNirvana

And, Roberts is going back to Scotland:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4804248/Patrick-Roberts-join-C

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-step-up-hunt-ne

So much for that, he would've been a great fit for us. But it seems as if his heart was set on returning to Celtic and working with Rodgers again.

Maybe he'll dominate the SPL again and we'll be in for him next summer, for double the price. I guess we'd have to sell Ayew for about £30m first, though.

As always, we move on.
Patrick Roberts on 08:50 - Aug 22 with 4564 viewsawayjack

Patrick Roberts on 08:22 - Aug 22 by Nirvana

And, Roberts is going back to Scotland:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4804248/Patrick-Roberts-join-C

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-step-up-hunt-ne

So much for that, he would've been a great fit for us. But it seems as if his heart was set on returning to Celtic and working with Rodgers again.

Maybe he'll dominate the SPL again and we'll be in for him next summer, for double the price. I guess we'd have to sell Ayew for about £30m first, though.

As always, we move on.

I can see the appeal for young players. We know BR is a good man manager, and it's an easy option to get game and win everything easily.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024