Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saúl Ñíguez 21:49 - Jun 27 with 2005 viewsLeonWasGod

Michu 2, with bells on.

Worth a cheeky bid? 😂
Saúl Ñíguez on 21:54 - Jun 27 with 1964 viewsNeath_Jack

You need to check with our top La Liga scout on here

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Saúl Ñíguez on 22:06 - Jun 27 with 1880 viewsJango

Wonderful player. Worth about £80million
Saúl Ñíguez on 22:08 - Jun 27 with 1868 viewsNirvana

He'll cost £40-50m, at least.

I'll post more when we have that in our budget.
Saúl Ñíguez on 22:10 - Jun 27 with 1844 viewsLeonWasGod

Saúl Ñíguez on 22:06 - Jun 27 by Jango

Wonderful player. Worth about £80million

The quality coming through is mind blowing. Spain, Germany and Italy (I know they struggled here) all look miles above our home nations technically. Yet we have 'athletes'. Why don't we focus on developing footballers as opposed to sprinters and wrestlers?
Saúl Ñíguez on 22:12 - Jun 27 with 1818 viewsNirvana

Saúl Ñíguez on 22:10 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

The quality coming through is mind blowing. Spain, Germany and Italy (I know they struggled here) all look miles above our home nations technically. Yet we have 'athletes'. Why don't we focus on developing footballers as opposed to sprinters and wrestlers?

It's not as easy, Leon.

Takes intelligence, time, and patience.

Not exactly English strong suits, honestly.
Saúl Ñíguez on 22:22 - Jun 27 with 1754 viewsLeonWasGod

Saúl Ñíguez on 22:12 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

It's not as easy, Leon.

Takes intelligence, time, and patience.

Not exactly English strong suits, honestly.

Fair point. We do it here too though - even under 8s it's all about winning the match, not developing skills. And dads are trusted with our footballing future, not proper coaches. (Not being disrespectful to dads who coach kids teams, as they have to put in a lot of effort for little thanks). But we have a fraction of well-trained coaches compared to many nations.
Saúl Ñíguez on 22:28 - Jun 27 with 1696 viewsNirvana

Saúl Ñíguez on 22:22 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

Fair point. We do it here too though - even under 8s it's all about winning the match, not developing skills. And dads are trusted with our footballing future, not proper coaches. (Not being disrespectful to dads who coach kids teams, as they have to put in a lot of effort for little thanks). But we have a fraction of well-trained coaches compared to many nations.

Better trained, more intelligent, more compassionate coaches are needed in every country, but the UK as a whole is sorely lacking in that department.

The biggest reason is the expense required to do it. And then the things I said, I guess?

But Spain, Germany, and even Italy are producing far more footballers, and far more well-rounded ones. At a certain point, some serious studies need to be done to figure out why.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024