Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now 22:46 - Jun 27 with 2426 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/soccer/nbc-sports-english-premier-league-soc

As a UVerse cable customer, starting in 2013 I could watch the 3 p.m. GMT Saturday games that weren't on NBCSN on one of the "NBC Alt" stations my cable service offered. Was great for all fans of the "little clubs" whose games were usually not on one of the main NBC stations when we weren't playing a big club.

Not anymore - now I'll have to buy this and watch them on a stream.

It isn't the $50 that bothers me, it's the fact I'll have to rely on stream quality and no longer be able to DVR the games to rewatch later.

Oh well, I knew something this good would never last.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 22:49]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 00:17 - Jun 28 with 2286 viewsJack123

Bad news.. I got a gut feeling this means bad news for us here in the uk as well, watching on the iptv.. Like they are tightening up security.?

libera nos a malo

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 02:16 - Jun 28 with 2206 viewsswans11

this is not good news always used nbc extra to watch our away games. So are they saying that all games will not be live now or have ever I missunderstood
Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 03:02 - Jun 28 with 2189 viewsDavillin

I read the Philly.com article linked in the O.P., and I'll be darned if I understand it.

It was so easy up 'til now. Check the online Premier League TV schedule and watch what I want. That was literally all there was to it. Now?

$50. isn't bad for a season of Premier League football, and really is independently bearable. It's all the hullaballoo and double-talk that is annoying.

I'll just wait until the season starts and hope it makes some sense.

It fits seamlessly with my new personal motto: "I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 04:09 - Jun 28 with 2158 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 03:02 - Jun 28 by Davillin

I read the Philly.com article linked in the O.P., and I'll be darned if I understand it.

It was so easy up 'til now. Check the online Premier League TV schedule and watch what I want. That was literally all there was to it. Now?

$50. isn't bad for a season of Premier League football, and really is independently bearable. It's all the hullaballoo and double-talk that is annoying.

I'll just wait until the season starts and hope it makes some sense.

It fits seamlessly with my new personal motto: "I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to."

Agree that $50 is no big deal, I'll just miss 1) watching the game on a TV screen vs a computer monitor and 2) being able to record it via DVR. Melinda though is happy I won't be using up all our recording space with Swans games anymore.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 06:54 - Jun 28 with 2009 viewsstAteSwan

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 04:09 - Jun 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Agree that $50 is no big deal, I'll just miss 1) watching the game on a TV screen vs a computer monitor and 2) being able to record it via DVR. Melinda though is happy I won't be using up all our recording space with Swans games anymore.

Honestly, the people who are worse off in this are the fans like me who cheer for a non Big 6 club, but used my cable subscription to access the games online. I streamed roughly 90 percent of Swans games this year through their online free service. Now in order to watch games, I'll not only have to pay my ridiculous cable bill monthly, but an additional 50 just to get Swans games.
Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 07:14 - Jun 28 with 1975 viewsMattG

I understand that there are boxes that will record IPTV streams - e.g. the Zgemma i55. Will probably need a bit of setting up but might be worth a look.

The other possibility is that matches become available "on demand" fairly soon after they finish - I know this is the case with the IPTV provider I use.
Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 07:40 - Jun 28 with 1918 viewsUxbridge

Well, I know what I'll be getting my yankee colleagues to do for me before the season starts. The fact that other countries can get this for $50 and we can't even get it, sickens me.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 09:53 - Jun 28 with 1714 viewsMrSwerve

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 07:40 - Jun 28 by Uxbridge

Well, I know what I'll be getting my yankee colleagues to do for me before the season starts. The fact that other countries can get this for $50 and we can't even get it, sickens me.

Yep.

People in other countries should be grateful that they have the possibility to pay for this.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 09:55 - Jun 28 with 1702 viewsLeonWasGod

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 09:53 - Jun 28 by MrSwerve

Yep.

People in other countries should be grateful that they have the possibility to pay for this.

We can go to games easily though (well in most cases, except Manure at home if you don't have a ST).
Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 11:00 - Jun 28 with 1593 viewsMrSwerve

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 09:55 - Jun 28 by LeonWasGod

We can go to games easily though (well in most cases, except Manure at home if you don't have a ST).

Not all fans can go to home/away games easily though. And that's without mentioning the financial side of things.

It's incredible that in this day and age, we still cannot stream all of our games legally, for a fee...whilst it seems like every other country in the world can. I know it's because of the argument about match attendances, but I still find it bizarre.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 14:00 - Jun 28 with 1345 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 04:09 - Jun 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

You can watch it on a TV screen providing the TV is reasonably modern.
A single HDMI cable is all that is required.
I am not sure if your PC can record the stream though.
Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 14:13 - Jun 28 with 1308 viewsairedale

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 11:00 - Jun 28 by MrSwerve

Not all fans can go to home/away games easily though. And that's without mentioning the financial side of things.

It's incredible that in this day and age, we still cannot stream all of our games legally, for a fee...whilst it seems like every other country in the world can. I know it's because of the argument about match attendances, but I still find it bizarre.

Sky have made a start into the 21st century according to the Groniad.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-footbal
Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 14:16 - Jun 28 with 1300 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 14:00 - Jun 28 by A_Fans_Dad

It's welcome news for 'cord cutters' like me, as I'll be able to watch most/all Swans games (legally...) without a cable sub. A $50 one off fee seems reasonable.

Some of the emergent cord cutter services like Sling and Plex offer a cloud DVR service as well, so the streamed games can be recorded.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 15:24 - Jun 28 with 1195 viewsMeraki

Well, was nice while it lasted: America will have to stream most Swans games now on 14:00 - Jun 28 by A_Fans_Dad

There is plenty of software out there to record streams.

$50 to watch all games? Cheap as chips!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024