Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? 15:16 - Jun 28 with 4013 viewsSPboy

There is no mention of Kodi in this article but Sky Sports subscriptions have been dropping significantly. It looks like pay per view for football could be a not-too-distant option

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jun/27/sky-sports-channels-prices-footbal

Whatever the future holds it looks like Sky will be reducing prices for some of their packages. It seems that youngsters are not prepared to fork out the obscene monthly subscriptions
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 15:17]
Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 15:23 - Jun 28 with 3989 viewsmagicdaps10

£18 a month for premier league channel?!?

I believe that Sky should be looking in to individual team options. Say they had a section for Swansea City, showing all games at what i would say is a fair rate........£5 a month.

Keep all their channels but give individual team offers like this. I think the price i quoted above would be a fair deal but they would in all honestly be looking at double that price as a minimum.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 15:33 - Jun 28 with 3965 viewsyescomeon

As one of said youngsters I wouldn't pay £18 a month for the football channel. I still couldn't
watch the Swans every week with that so what's the point? I'll continue to stream and go to the pub when we are on sky. I get BT sport free with my broadband so if I want to watch a bit of football they have loads of Bundesliga coverage. I'm not hugely interested in football outside the Swans or Wales so Premier League or Bundesliga makes no odds to me.

Upthecity!

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 17:26 - Jun 28 with 3880 viewspikeypaul

Pay per club subscription is exactly what plastic fan clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool want.

It will then be a very short time when the TV money is the way it is in Spain where Barcelona and
Real Madrid get about 500% more than the teams towards the bottom.

It is distributed far more evenly in the Premiership than any other major football country.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 17:43 - Jun 28 with 3848 viewsjojaca

I've read the cheapest channel would be £18 a month, but does not say if it is Football.

I've cancelled Sky for good, I am watching Youtube, Netflix and Exodus for my entertainment and I have subscribed to sportsmania for sport. IPTV is the future.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 18:23 - Jun 28 with 3772 viewsjack247

Sky will never compete with Kodi for people who have tried both. In fairness, it's impossible to when they are paying the TV rights and providers are offering all live games for a negligible fee.

I'm not too bothered what they do with their prices as I'm unlikely to be going back. What does please me, is this seems like a tacit admission they can't stop streaming.
Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 18:31 - Jun 28 with 3755 viewsmalagajack

Premiere league exclusive to Movistar this year and next down here, for the package that includes PL only 115 euros per month!!! Que barato!
Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 19:39 - Jun 28 with 3685 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 18:23 - Jun 28 by jack247

Sky will never compete with Kodi for people who have tried both. In fairness, it's impossible to when they are paying the TV rights and providers are offering all live games for a negligible fee.

I'm not too bothered what they do with their prices as I'm unlikely to be going back. What does please me, is this seems like a tacit admission they can't stop streaming.

I must be one of the few mentals who pays for Sky Sports and is also happy to pay the Streamtvbox subscription for what is essentially Swans away games and a few other live BT Sport games only.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 19:41]

Poll: Tory leader

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 20:06 - Jun 28 with 3652 viewsjack247

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 19:39 - Jun 28 by exiledclaseboy

I must be one of the few mentals who pays for Sky Sports and is also happy to pay the Streamtvbox subscription for what is essentially Swans away games and a few other live BT Sport games only.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 19:41]

Carry on sir. The more people who keep on paying for Sky the less pressure on the pirates!
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 20:09 - Jun 28 with 3640 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sky Sports v Kodi - the fightback begins? on 20:06 - Jun 28 by jack247

Carry on sir. The more people who keep on paying for Sky the less pressure on the pirates!

Well if you put it like that, it's my civic duty.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024