Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis Has Gone! 16:41 - Jun 28 with 5411 viewsSwan91

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/gomis-joins-galatasaray

been confirmed
Gomis Has Gone! on 17:44 - Jun 28 with 4067 viewsDafyddHuw

What a badly thpught-out purchase that was.

21 goals in 33 appearances for Marseille. Has to be a tidy player for those sort of stats. We didn't have a clue how to play him.
Gomis Has Gone! on 18:00 - Jun 28 with 4029 viewsTim_Harry

Gomis Has Gone! on 17:44 - Jun 28 by DafyddHuw

What a badly thpught-out purchase that was.

21 goals in 33 appearances for Marseille. Has to be a tidy player for those sort of stats. We didn't have a clue how to play him.

I'd agree with that.

We played a narrow midfield with no width. We had a striker who's game involved getting on the end of crosses, yet we continued to try and play through the middle. Rushed passes in a packed midfield and Gomis constantly offside as a result.

Not saying that none of it was his fault, but poor tactical thinkers as managers didn't help him or us at all.
Gomis Has Gone! on 18:04 - Jun 28 with 4007 viewsDr_Winston

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:00 - Jun 28 by Tim_Harry

I'd agree with that.

We played a narrow midfield with no width. We had a striker who's game involved getting on the end of crosses, yet we continued to try and play through the middle. Rushed passes in a packed midfield and Gomis constantly offside as a result.

Not saying that none of it was his fault, but poor tactical thinkers as managers didn't help him or us at all.

This.

Add in that the narrow midfield basically f*cked the natural games of both Routledge and Dyer too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:17 - Jun 28 with 3925 viewsjack247

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:00 - Jun 28 by Tim_Harry

I'd agree with that.

He was better running onto through balls than attacking crosses. He was actually very successful at it for a short while until teams worked out how to stifle the supply. He did score a couple of great headers, but was never a beast in the air. I think Ayew scored more headers than him that season.

Anyway, he is gone now, good luck at Galatasaray
Gomis Has Gone! on 18:19 - Jun 28 with 3928 viewsTim_Harry

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:04 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

This.

Add in that the narrow midfield basically f*cked the natural games of both Routledge and Dyer too.

I was in favour of Monk getting the manager's job at the time.

He always came across as being an intelligent guy. With that in mind I was pretty confident that he'd have a faultless understanding of how our system worked. Especially with all the years that he was an actual part of that system.

That all changed when we signed Jack Cork and a winger was taken out to accommodate him. And then we signed a striker to play on the wing, even though he had no natural wideman instincts.

I'm optimistic now that we've got a manager that understands the game a bit better.
Gomis Has Gone! on 18:29 - Jun 28 with 3855 viewsDr_Winston

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:19 - Jun 28 by Tim_Harry

I was in favour of Monk getting the manager's job at the time.

He always came across as being an intelligent guy. With that in mind I was pretty confident that he'd have a faultless understanding of how our system worked. Especially with all the years that he was an actual part of that system.

That all changed when we signed Jack Cork and a winger was taken out to accommodate him. And then we signed a striker to play on the wing, even though he had no natural wideman instincts.

I'm optimistic now that we've got a manager that understands the game a bit better.

Having witnessed Cork stuck out wide right on a large number of occasions during that diamond era I find it hard to agree that the system was changed to accommodate him.

Monk just didn't have a clue what he was doing. It seemed only that he wanted to put his own stamp on things to prove how clever he was.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:36 - Jun 28 with 3813 viewsTim_Harry

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:29 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

Having witnessed Cork stuck out wide right on a large number of occasions during that diamond era I find it hard to agree that the system was changed to accommodate him.

Monk just didn't have a clue what he was doing. It seemed only that he wanted to put his own stamp on things to prove how clever he was.

I don't think it was a case of him deliberately changing the system. I think it was more down to him picking what he thought was his best players and just hoping for the best without any understanding of how the system would work.

Intelligent guy when it came to talking to the media and influencing people. Thick as shit when it came to understanding football tactics.
Gomis Has Gone! on 18:39 - Jun 28 with 3794 viewsmorningstar

I'm sorry but i'm not buying the 'didn't play him right' theory. Not being good enough consistently at Premier league level, coupled with being a money grabbing mercenary was never going to end well. Forget Tabanou, Eder and Huws loan deal flops, Gomis was the biggest mistake too date, as his contribution cost us the best part of £17m!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:52 - Jun 28 with 3687 viewsJackanapes

You were saying that Baston cost us £20m the other day, and he was only here for a season9so far). Gomis scored some important goals for us. Our biggest mistake? That's a seriously strange claim to make.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 18:54]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:53 - Jun 28 with 3666 viewspencoedjack

Turks ( not Llanelli ones) are less forgiving than Jacks so he'd better learn to put a decent shift in
Gomis Has Gone! on 18:59 - Jun 28 with 3613 viewsmorningstar

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:52 - Jun 28 by Jackanapes

You were saying that Baston cost us £20m the other day, and he was only here for a season9so far). Gomis scored some important goals for us. Our biggest mistake? That's a seriously strange claim to make.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 18:54]

As Borja is still a Swansea City player the 'biggest mistake too date' claim certainly applies don't you think?

Gomis Has Gone! on 19:06 - Jun 28 with 3563 viewsJackanapes

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:59 - Jun 28 by morningstar

As Borja is still a Swansea City player the 'biggest mistake too date' claim certainly applies don't you think?

I don't see how Borja still being on the books for a few more weeks changes the fact that Gomis has contributed way more and for significantly less outlay. In fact the longer Borja sits here and milks more wages the more its going to add to that.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 19:06]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Gomis Has Gone! on 19:26 - Jun 28 with 3457 viewsmorningstar

Gomis Has Gone! on 19:06 - Jun 28 by Jackanapes

I don't see how Borja still being on the books for a few more weeks changes the fact that Gomis has contributed way more and for significantly less outlay. In fact the longer Borja sits here and milks more wages the more its going to add to that.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 19:06]

If he leaves then it depends how much we get for him, again if he goes out on loan every season or we get a low price then indeed he then will claim top prize for being the 'biggest mistake'. Until we know what's going down with him you cannot really compare can you?

Gomis Has Gone! on 19:51 - Jun 28 with 3322 viewsFlashberryjack

Gomis Has Gone! on 19:26 - Jun 28 by morningstar

If he leaves then it depends how much we get for him, again if he goes out on loan every season or we get a low price then indeed he then will claim top prize for being the 'biggest mistake'. Until we know what's going down with him you cannot really compare can you?

One thing is for sure.....Huw will have preform an absolute miracle to find some stupid Club Chairman that is prepared to pay anywhere near £15 million for the useless f*cking lump.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:04 - Jun 28 with 3243 viewsjack247

Gomis Has Gone! on 19:51 - Jun 28 by Flashberryjack

One thing is for sure.....Huw will have preform an absolute miracle to find some stupid Club Chairman that is prepared to pay anywhere near £15 million for the useless f*cking lump.

Only realistic way of getting close to that is loan him back to Spain, if we can find someone to cover most if not all of his wages, them hope he has another stormer of a season out there. I reckon we'd do well to get £7-8m for him now.
Gomis Has Gone! on 20:06 - Jun 28 with 3235 viewsmorningstar

Gomis Has Gone! on 19:51 - Jun 28 by Flashberryjack

Unfortunately i think you're right Flash. Despite Borja's stock still being high in Spain, it's only among clubs who couldn't afford to pay anywhere near what we did. My firm belief is that we should keep him another year and see if Clement can get the best out of him. Depends if he's professional enough to work for it i suppose. Shit or bust. There's no other way with this one.

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:10 - Jun 28 with 3212 viewsmorningstar

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:04 - Jun 28 by jack247

Only realistic way of getting close to that is loan him back to Spain, if we can find someone to cover most if not all of his wages, them hope he has another stormer of a season out there. I reckon we'd do well to get £7-8m for him now.

That's certainly another option Tim. He's on 40k a week apparently.

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:45 - Jun 28 with 3051 viewsDewi1jack

Bright side lads and lasses.
Gomis was onside when he hit Customs and immigration

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:47 - Jun 28 with 3039 viewsFlashberryjack

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:06 - Jun 28 by morningstar

Unfortunately i think you're right Flash. Despite Borja's stock still being high in Spain, it's only among clubs who couldn't afford to pay anywhere near what we did. My firm belief is that we should keep him another year and see if Clement can get the best out of him. Depends if he's professional enough to work for it i suppose. Shit or bust. There's no other way with this one.

First I ask Huw to preform a miracle to get someone to buy the f*cking useless lump.......then you ask Clement to preform an even bigger one.....neither are gonna happen mate, we've been sold a pup, end of.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:59 - Jun 28 with 2985 viewsmonmouth

Gomis Has Gone! on 18:59 - Jun 28 by morningstar

No mate. Gomis did his bit to save Monks and Clotets who Monk believed in religiously, sorry asses. When we had lost Bony, and surrendered 0-5 at home to Chelsea we were on the precipice. Gomis' goals, for want of a better phrase pulled us off. We finished 8th in the end, and his goals did that for us, getting us over the loss of Bony.

I don't like the pouty frog mercenary pansy, but he doesn't deserve the ridicule and contempt. We did all we could to make him look shit, and that one miss against Arsenal ruined him imo.

Tabanou was far worse, plus others that did nothing for us. We would happily pay 17m for Gomis goals from that season next season. After all we paid 15m for one goal from the baston.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis Has Gone! on 21:02 - Jun 28 with 2955 viewsraynor94

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:59 - Jun 28 by monmouth

No mate. Gomis did his bit to save Monks and Clotets who Monk believed in religiously, sorry asses. When we had lost Bony, and surrendered 0-5 at home to Chelsea we were on the precipice. Gomis' goals, for want of a better phrase pulled us off. We finished 8th in the end, and his goals did that for us, getting us over the loss of Bony.

I don't like the pouty frog mercenary pansy, but he doesn't deserve the ridicule and contempt. We did all we could to make him look shit, and that one miss against Arsenal ruined him imo.

Tabanou was far worse, plus others that did nothing for us. We would happily pay 17m for Gomis goals from that season next season. After all we paid 15m for one goal from the baston.

Quite agree, no way does Gomis deserve the ridicule from some on here, Borja now that's a different kettle of fish

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gomis Has Gone! on 21:06 - Jun 28 with 2934 viewsbuilthjack

£2.5 million apparently

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gomis Has Gone! on 21:19 - Jun 28 with 2878 viewsoldcob

I wish him well.
Gomis Has Gone! on 21:22 - Jun 28 with 2866 viewsjasper_T

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Gomis Has Gone! on 21:25 - Jun 28 with 2856 viewsdailew

Gomis Has Gone! on 20:59 - Jun 28 by monmouth

His attitude was appalling in his last few games.

Came on and sauntered around. Could have cost us relegation.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024