Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Trust Email 20:09 - Jun 29 with 121294 viewsNeath_Jack

Regarding the options open to us.

It's going to cause some massive debate on here i reckon

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Interesting Trust Email on 16:42 - Jul 4 with 1731 viewsvetchonian

Interesting Trust Email on 15:59 - Jul 4 by swancity

' Your issue is that I disagree with you '

It certainly isn't. My (main) issue revolves around the lack of desire from the Trust to really attack and confront the problem head on. To fight fire with fire. You've lost the plot I'm afraid. People have pissed all over you and you don't want to put it right. Unforgivable.

OK lets kill the emotion....we all know that the Trust and the fans have been S**t on from a great height by the so called fans who sold out.

What fight do you want?
If the Trust goes down the legal route and win the outcome is £21 or 23M in the bank and no stake in the club.
The sell outs are not affected.....the new owners would be obliged to buy the shares off the Trust at the same price agreed last year.
The "deal" on offer still gives the Trust a stake in the club and some representation at the top table involved with the running of the club.
As others have said the Yanks are not here for the long haul maybe 3 to 5 years tops then they will be looking to sell on.
Taking the legal fight only provides the Trust with cash and results with no stake in the club anymore.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Interesting Trust Email on 16:58 - Jul 4 with 1709 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Interesting Trust Email on 15:59 - Jul 4 by swancity

' Your issue is that I disagree with you '

It certainly isn't. My (main) issue revolves around the lack of desire from the Trust to really attack and confront the problem head on. To fight fire with fire. You've lost the plot I'm afraid. People have pissed all over you and you don't want to put it right. Unforgivable.

To be fair, Uxbridge & Phil S have both stated that whatever the outcome they'll support the members even it that means litigation.

If you take the emotion out of it, who can blame the trust for trying to counter the knee-jerk reactions of some on this thread. They're the ones who've been working (voluntarily) on this.

I thank them for their efforts and find it incredibly disrespectful when people belittle their efforts.

What ever the outcome of this, the trust will be wrong in some peoples eyes - so they can't win.

Interesting Trust Email on 17:01 - Jul 4 with 1699 viewsNeathJack

Interesting Trust Email on 16:58 - Jul 4 by Jack_y_Jwc

To be fair, Uxbridge & Phil S have both stated that whatever the outcome they'll support the members even it that means litigation.

If you take the emotion out of it, who can blame the trust for trying to counter the knee-jerk reactions of some on this thread. They're the ones who've been working (voluntarily) on this.

I thank them for their efforts and find it incredibly disrespectful when people belittle their efforts.

What ever the outcome of this, the trust will be wrong in some peoples eyes - so they can't win.

Especially when it's from people who aren't even members of the Trust.
Interesting Trust Email on 17:05 - Jul 4 with 1690 viewslonglostjack

Good post

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Interesting Trust Email on 17:06 - Jul 4 with 1685 viewsvetchonian

Well Said Jack

emotions are still running high over the way those so called "fans" sold out

And what ever the outocme the Trust will never be able to please everyone....if they go legal and win there will be those who will go on about losing a "seat at the table" and then pushing for social club to be built!

If the deal accepted it will be wrong!

But I urge all fans take the emotion out of this momentus decsion....and Im still fuming at what happened but trying to see what is the best "business" decision and in the long term interest of our club!

Interesting Trust Email on 17:17 - Jul 4 with 1662 viewsMeraki

The Trust are there to represent the wishes of the members, not themselves.
Interesting Trust Email on 17:21 - Jul 4 with 1651 viewsvetchonian

Interesting Trust Email on 17:17 - Jul 4 by Meraki

The Trust are there to represent the wishes of the members, not themselves.

And isint that what is said? If the memebrs vote for the legal action the Trust will go with the memebrs wishes.

All the Trust board have done is make a recommendation....
Ux is epressing his opinion as others are ....perhapd biased as he is privvy more info than the rest of us....

I think too many folks see the Trust board as getting a pile of privelages for volunteering ang giving up their time? Is there anyone with evidence and proof?

Interesting Trust Email on 17:24 - Jul 4 with 1651 viewsBorojack

Interesting Trust Email on 11:29 - Jul 4 by Uxbridge

Simple answer is that they see him as the best man for the job, and want him to continue overseeing the football side of the business. They think his record, going back to the early 2000's, backs that up.

They do have a point if it were not for the sneaky way the sale went through his position would not be in question.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting Trust Email on 17:39 - Jul 4 with 1625 viewsNookiejack

Interesting Trust Email on 16:42 - Jul 4 by vetchonian

OK lets kill the emotion....we all know that the Trust and the fans have been S**t on from a great height by the so called fans who sold out.

What fight do you want?
If the Trust goes down the legal route and win the outcome is £21 or 23M in the bank and no stake in the club.
The sell outs are not affected.....the new owners would be obliged to buy the shares off the Trust at the same price agreed last year.
The "deal" on offer still gives the Trust a stake in the club and some representation at the top table involved with the running of the club.
As others have said the Yanks are not here for the long haul maybe 3 to 5 years tops then they will be looking to sell on.
Taking the legal fight only provides the Trust with cash and results with no stake in the club anymore.

'The "deal" on offer still gives the Trust a stake in the club and some representation at the top table involved with the running of the club.'

You forgot to qualify this by saying until the Yanks take up the 'Drag' rights.
Interesting Trust Email on 17:43 - Jul 4 with 1617 viewsNookiejack

What fight do you want?

£21m to £23m in the bank gives the Trust the opportunity of control of the club at some point in the future.
Interesting Trust Email on 17:55 - Jul 4 with 1597 viewsmax936

My view is that we should keep the threat of Litigation in place or even move towards it, there's a better deal awaiting if that happens I suspect, they won't want to go to Court, can never be sure, but I doubt they'd want that outcome.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Interesting Trust Email on 18:07 - Jul 4 with 1580 viewsOldjack

What fight do you want?

they got just about no say anyway or power, 21% of jack shyte that's what they own right now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Interesting Trust Email on 18:08 - Jul 4 with 1578 viewsharryhpalmer

Ux, will one of the options will be litigation unless a further offer is forthcoming?

or is it just a straight
1 - status quo
2 - accept
3 - litigate

I think there is a fair number of people who are borderline between 2 & 3 - remove drag for instance, or more cash up front, and we'd get a non-litigious situation.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Interesting Trust Email on 18:11 - Jul 4 with 1574 viewsExiledJack

The Trust have done a fantastic job on this issue in my view, and I applaud them for taking the options to the membership to vote upon.

Personally, I'm all for litigation and see it very much as having to take one step back to take two forwards in future with regard to the Trust's stake in the club.
Interesting Trust Email on 18:14 - Jul 4 with 1565 viewslonglostjack

Interesting Trust Email on 18:08 - Jul 4 by harryhpalmer

Ux, will one of the options will be litigation unless a further offer is forthcoming?

or is it just a straight
1 - status quo
2 - accept
3 - litigate

I think there is a fair number of people who are borderline between 2 & 3 - remove drag for instance, or more cash up front, and we'd get a non-litigious situation.

Remove drag and more cash up front.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Interesting Trust Email on 18:15 - Jul 4 with 1560 viewslondonlisa2001

Interesting Trust Email on 14:22 - Jul 4 by Uxbridge

You seem to be forgetting the Trust will have tag rights too. So I disagree, the Trust can also decide, if it doesn't like the look of anyone coming in.

You're not a statistician, hence my comment. You're guessing. Bookies odds wouldn't be the way to determine it anyway ... they depend as much on the market as probability. If I had to guess, I'd say there's a 50:50 chance of relegation ... we're in a league of 10-12 clubs every year, with 3 of them going down. Also should always remember that there'll usually be at least a couple of weaker clubs coming up so that, so long as we're running our ship properly, the odds are in our favour. Disrupt that, such as for a legal case for example, and that becomes more likely.

Sorry Ux, I don't understand your first sentence.

If the Trust don't like the look of somebody coming in, they can't prevent their shares being sold to them if the buyers want them.
Interesting Trust Email on 18:25 - Jul 4 with 1546 viewsExiledJack

Interesting Trust Email on 17:43 - Jul 4 by Nookiejack

£21m to £23m in the bank gives the Trust the opportunity of control of the club at some point in the future.

Strategically it's a fantastic position for the Trust to be in - if the club is well run in future we will be a Premier League club and nothing to worry about. If it isn't, we will eventually be relegated and the Trust will have the funds to buy back in with more meaningful control than is currently the case. Win win.
Interesting Trust Email on 18:51 - Jul 4 with 1515 viewsNookiejack

Interesting Trust Email on 18:25 - Jul 4 by ExiledJack

Strategically it's a fantastic position for the Trust to be in - if the club is well run in future we will be a Premier League club and nothing to worry about. If it isn't, we will eventually be relegated and the Trust will have the funds to buy back in with more meaningful control than is currently the case. Win win.

Yes totally agree with you. The Yanks can invest and take us to the next level. If then the club goes into a downward spiral which has a very high probability of occurring in the future, for a club of our size (I think something like 47 clubs have now played in the PL which demonstrates the fluidity of promotion and relegation) then Trust with £21m to £23m is in the position to take control of the club.
Interesting Trust Email on 18:52 - Jul 4 with 1509 viewsmonmouth

Interesting Trust Email on 18:51 - Jul 4 by Nookiejack

Yes totally agree with you. The Yanks can invest and take us to the next level. If then the club goes into a downward spiral which has a very high probability of occurring in the future, for a club of our size (I think something like 47 clubs have now played in the PL which demonstrates the fluidity of promotion and relegation) then Trust with £21m to £23m is in the position to take control of the club.

I'm going to do Ux's line now...it's only fair.

If we win.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Interesting Trust Email on 18:53 - Jul 4 with 1505 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting Trust Email on 18:52 - Jul 4 by monmouth

I'm going to do Ux's line now...it's only fair.

If we win.

It's a dead cert.

Apparently...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Interesting Trust Email on 19:15 - Jul 4 with 1483 viewsExiledJack

Interesting Trust Email on 18:53 - Jul 4 by Joe_bradshaw

It's a dead cert.

Apparently...

Lawyers and trustees always have to take a cautious view, and nothing is ever a certainty. We all know that things didn't go down correctly, hence the peace offering from the Americans.

This is another reason why the Trust has played a blinder. If they were to lose the case, they'd still own 21% of the club and could continue a working relationship with the Americans on a basis of "we didn't recommend litigation, we had to follow the wishes of the fans".

They'd win though, it's a cert
Interesting Trust Email on 19:24 - Jul 4 with 1473 viewsUxbridge

Interesting Trust Email on 18:15 - Jul 4 by londonlisa2001

Sorry Ux, I don't understand your first sentence.

If the Trust don't like the look of somebody coming in, they can't prevent their shares being sold to them if the buyers want them.

I've said that very same thing countless times.

Nookie was saying that Trust have no say in any future sale. I was pointing out that the tag along rights mean that is incorrect.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Interesting Trust Email on 19:37 - Jul 4 with 1456 viewsUxbridge

Interesting Trust Email on 18:08 - Jul 4 by harryhpalmer

or is it just a straight
1 - status quo
2 - accept
3 - litigate

That's a vote for litigation really. If there's a substantially better deal before a court case commences then it'd go back to the membership, assuming the Trust board think it's worth going back to the members.

I know a few people are very convinced there'll be a better offer if this one is turned down. They may well be right but it's certainly a gamble ... Lots of factors to consider in determining whether the Trusts leverage goes up or down.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Interesting Trust Email on 19:46 - Jul 4 with 1438 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting Trust Email on 19:15 - Jul 4 by ExiledJack

Lawyers and trustees always have to take a cautious view, and nothing is ever a certainty. We all know that things didn't go down correctly, hence the peace offering from the Americans.

This is another reason why the Trust has played a blinder. If they were to lose the case, they'd still own 21% of the club and could continue a working relationship with the Americans on a basis of "we didn't recommend litigation, we had to follow the wishes of the fans".

They'd win though, it's a cert

If it's a cert the Trust won't win a court case.

Certs don't get to court, they're settled beforehand.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Interesting Trust Email on 20:13 - Jul 4 with 1409 viewsvetchonian

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but do the same "drag" conditions apply to the remaining shares of the sellouts?

Also I trust the Yanks as far as I could throw them so a question to those who would know....could the Yanks sell to a new co once the deal is signed for a nominal fee say £5 or 10 M. This new co having the yanks on board?
They then pick up the shares for a lot less than the £21m

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024