Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL 17:12 - Jun 30 with 37699 viewsPhil_S

Just had a conversation with Tatey and he is happy for this detail to appear here

The Alan Tate testimonial match will take place at the Liberty on 9th August

Swansea City Legends XI v Manchester United Legends XI

Two sides let by Tatey and Darren Fletcher will battle it out with a 7pm kick off

Ticket prices will be £12 adults/£6 juniors - ticket arrangements to be released next week

Please support Tatey in his testimonial
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 14:21 - Jul 1 with 3910 viewsHighjack

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 13:35 - Jul 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What charities are receiving the proceeds and what % of the proceeds are being donated?

Wel I know tatey wants it to go to a cause that helps the poor and the desperate who have absolutely nothing so Cardiff city football club is towards the top of his list.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:41 - Jul 1 with 3827 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 14:03 - Jul 1 by pencoedjack

Well you won't be donating to whichever charity it is as the games at the Liberty ...

So it's got fuk all to do with you.

I'll be in the United States of America, so you are correct, I will not be in attendance.

If even 1% of the proceeds are going to Alan then I would not attend even if I was in Swansea. He has earned plenty from this club and its fans.

I was just curious as to what his chosen charities are.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:10 - Jul 1 with 3759 viewsNeath_Jack

I hope he keep every penny myself.

He would have earned a fraction of what the current mercenaries earn.

People are always quick to try and tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing with their money.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 20:14 - Jul 1 with 3719 viewsdickythorpe

Well deserved. Gave me great pleasure. A legend.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 20:50 - Jul 1 with 3700 viewsr0ckin

Excellent, iconic player.

Let's fill the ground.

Peace

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:27 - Jul 1 with 3627 viewsTNT

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:41 - Jul 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'll be in the United States of America, so you are correct, I will not be in attendance.

If even 1% of the proceeds are going to Alan then I would not attend even if I was in Swansea. He has earned plenty from this club and its fans.

I was just curious as to what his chosen charities are.

Have a lovely time in the USA, Phil.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 02:16 - Jul 2 with 3601 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:10 - Jul 1 by Neath_Jack

I hope he keep every penny myself.

He would have earned a fraction of what the current mercenaries earn.

People are always quick to try and tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing with their money.

He is a millionaire mate.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 09:49 - Jul 2 with 3522 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Think I agree on the, "Why should rich footballers, have even more money" view. But have to say, Alan Tate has been a shining light, in the murky gloom of, overpaid, kiss the badge, no loyalty players, that seem to pervade modern football.
I remember our firm had its first ever corporate event, under the new stand,down the vetch,a long,long time ago.
So long, that I remember thinking, who's that skinny youngster, dressed immaculately, in a smart suit, pressing the flesh, talking to everyone.
Some of who, were only there, for the free food and drink, and didn't give a toss about the Swans.
But he still had time, to do his bit, and shake hands, and talk to them.
Very daunting, if you're a youngster, and I remember thinking, what a fantastic ambassador for our club this young lad was.
Also, moving on a few decades. Last week I was in Malaga airport, back from hols, and who was in the queue, checking in his golf clubs?
None other than Tatey, he must have spotted my Swans emblem on my tee shirt, and we shook hands, and had a fellow golfer's chat, plus I said... " You didn't break your leg, this time then?"
which Raised a bit of a smile, but just goes to show, even when on his holidays, he still had time to chat, and shake your hand.
Not a bad footballer as well.
If we've got men like him, coaching our youths for the future, I for one wouldn't begrudge him a "Testimonial"
Login to get fewer ads

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 11:09 - Jul 2 with 3460 viewsDarran

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 09:49 - Jul 2 by whaleoilbeefhooked

Think I agree on the, "Why should rich footballers, have even more money" view. But have to say, Alan Tate has been a shining light, in the murky gloom of, overpaid, kiss the badge, no loyalty players, that seem to pervade modern football.
I remember our firm had its first ever corporate event, under the new stand,down the vetch,a long,long time ago.
So long, that I remember thinking, who's that skinny youngster, dressed immaculately, in a smart suit, pressing the flesh, talking to everyone.
Some of who, were only there, for the free food and drink, and didn't give a toss about the Swans.
But he still had time, to do his bit, and shake hands, and talk to them.
Very daunting, if you're a youngster, and I remember thinking, what a fantastic ambassador for our club this young lad was.
Also, moving on a few decades. Last week I was in Malaga airport, back from hols, and who was in the queue, checking in his golf clubs?
None other than Tatey, he must have spotted my Swans emblem on my tee shirt, and we shook hands, and had a fellow golfer's chat, plus I said... " You didn't break your leg, this time then?"
which Raised a bit of a smile, but just goes to show, even when on his holidays, he still had time to chat, and shake your hand.
Not a bad footballer as well.
If we've got men like him, coaching our youths for the future, I for one wouldn't begrudge him a "Testimonial"

Great post and I wholeheartedly agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 11:22 - Jul 2 with 3453 viewsexiledclaseboy

Alan Tate can have whatever he wants, whenever he wants it as far as I'm concerned. The very definition of the word "legend" in football terms.

Poll: Tory leader

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 12:12 - Jul 2 with 3423 viewsswancity

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 02:16 - Jul 2 by Loyal

He is a millionaire mate.

Out of interest, what's your understanding of the meaning of 'millionaire'.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 15:41 - Jul 2 with 3331 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 12:12 - Jul 2 by swancity

Out of interest, what's your understanding of the meaning of 'millionaire'.

Somebody who has funds or property of value above a million pounds.
As an aside I don't support feeding the rich. Hope that helps 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:18 - Jul 2 with 3310 viewsr0ckin

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 15:41 - Jul 2 by Loyal

Sigh

Peace

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 17:06 - Jul 2 with 3284 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:18 - Jul 2 by r0ckin

Sigh

Just my stance, don't hold it against me. 👍

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 17:08 - Jul 2 with 3279 viewsr0ckin

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 17:06 - Jul 2 by Loyal

Just my stance, don't hold it against me. 👍

No problem at all, just disagree. You're entitled to your viewpoint.

Peace

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 08:33 - Jul 3 with 3095 viewsbarry_island

Flag bearer for the fans..

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 17:28 - Jul 3 with 2918 viewsswanforthemoney

Tatey came here when we were completely unfashionable and his efforts, along with the rest of the misfits and journeymen, got the club into the Premier League. He deserves recognition at the very least. His untimely leg break meant the fans never really got the chance to thank him properly. And we have a lot to thank him for.
Ive no idea what he is 'worth' but if he takes something from the game, so be it. It wont be the biggest social injustice in the world if he gets a few bob out of it as well as helping out some charities.
A lot of players with a lot less commitment than him have made much more out of the club in the past few years.
Good on him.

I stand in the North Stand

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 06:58 - Jul 4 with 2766 viewssmoulder

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 15:41 - Jul 2 by Loyal

Just don't go to the game if that's how you feel about.......
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:36 - Jul 4 with 2629 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 06:58 - Jul 4 by smoulder

Just don't go to the game if that's how you feel about.......

If you read my replies you will see it's not about the person it's about not feeding the fcking rich !
Thanks for the advice.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 18:12 - Jul 4 with 2595 viewsperplex

Is a percentage of the gate going towards charity, just curious.
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:13 - Jul 4 with 2573 viewssmoulder

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:36 - Jul 4 by Loyal

If you read my replies you will see it's not about the person it's about not feeding the fcking rich !
Thanks for the advice.

No problem, glad to have helped...
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 22:19 - Jul 4 with 2518 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:13 - Jul 4 by smoulder

No problem, glad to have helped...

i enjoyed our chat.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:46 - Jul 5 with 2430 viewspikeypaul

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 16:36 - Jul 4 by Loyal

Thanks for the advice.

Bitterness and envy are a terrible thing and are obviously eating you up.

Your best bet is get out and work a little harder then maybe you would not
have such a hatred and be so jealous of the "rich" who like Tatey have worked
hard to get what they have.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 13:42 - Jul 5 with 2381 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:46 - Jul 5 by pikeypaul

Bitterness and envy are a terrible thing and are obviously eating you up.

Your best bet is get out and work a little harder then maybe you would not
have such a hatred and be so jealous of the "rich" who like Tatey have worked
hard to get what they have.

It's a life philosophy, envy has nothing to do with it, it's my personal politics, and trust me, I earn sufficient to travel the world and have two houses in this country and one abroad. Not that this proves a point it just tells me ( as it should you ) that I don't need hand outs every ten years to increase what I already have. And as for working hard ......
Kicking a fcking ball 😂

What you need to do Paul is stop taking offence when someone has a different opinion to you or in your 'basic mindset' says anything against Swansea City. May I also suggest you get out a bit more and meet people with different opinions, it may well make you a far better person and less offended to use words like 'hate' when trying to validate your poor communication skills 👍

Have a lovely day.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:42 - Jul 5 with 2275 viewsBorojack

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:27 - Jul 1 by TNT

Have a lovely time in the USA, Phil.

His footballing ability was on a par with his golf buggy driving.
Got very well paid for what he did.
A very limited player who gave 100 % millionaires should not be getting testimonials though.
The money should be given to a local charity Ty Olsen would be my charity.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024