Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL 17:12 - Jun 30 with 37759 viewsPhil_S

Just had a conversation with Tatey and he is happy for this detail to appear here

The Alan Tate testimonial match will take place at the Liberty on 9th August

Swansea City Legends XI v Manchester United Legends XI

Two sides let by Tatey and Darren Fletcher will battle it out with a 7pm kick off

Ticket prices will be £12 adults/£6 juniors - ticket arrangements to be released next week

Please support Tatey in his testimonial
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 17:58 - Jul 6 with 4199 viewsStarsky

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:42 - Jul 5 by Borojack

His footballing ability was on a par with his golf buggy driving.
Got very well paid for what he did.
A very limited player who gave 100 % millionaires should not be getting testimonials though.
The money should be given to a local charity Ty Olsen would be my charity.

Very harsh way to talk about Tatey there.

I admire overachieving players more than underachieving ones.

Do you know what his arrangements are for his testimonial income, before you completely hang him out to dry?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 18:05]

It's just the internet, init.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 18:29 - Jul 6 with 4180 viewsDarran

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 17:58 - Jul 6 by Starsky

Do you know what his arrangements are for his testimonial income, before you completely hang him out to dry?

I don't know why Jespers boy needs the money either. #cock

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 18:42 - Jul 6 with 4174 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

To Phil or whoever is organising this, I'll ask again, what charities are benefiting from this and what % of the proceeds are being donated to the chosen charities?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:14 - Jul 6 with 4159 viewsLoyal

For me as I have said- it isn't about Tatey it's about rewarding the rich.
This community made them, this testimonial should see all the cash returned to the community.
Too many people treat these players like gods, they are not they are equal in every way, the only difference is they are able to loan our clubs shirt and be handsomely paid enough money to be made for life.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:18 - Jul 6 with 4154 viewspencoedjack

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 18:42 - Jul 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

To Phil or whoever is organising this, I'll ask again, what charities are benefiting from this and what % of the proceeds are being donated to the chosen charities?

To Phil ... how do I purchase tickets for this ? I see nothing on the official site

I'd like to know if Tatey is keeping all the money to p1ss up against the wall in Wind st. He deserves it for all the pleasure he gave fans (who turned up) over many years.

Legend 👍
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:19 - Jul 6 with 4154 viewsWxmJax

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 18:42 - Jul 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You'll ask again ? Ooh, get you. Come on Phil he's asked again. You HAVE to tell him now, he's asked twice. Please don't make him have to ask a third time. Even though he's not going it is imperative that this very important person knows because, well, you know, it's important that he knows.

And then he can feel important, even though it's got nothing to do with him.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:31 - Jul 6 with 4136 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:19 - Jul 6 by WxmJax

You'll ask again ? Ooh, get you. Come on Phil he's asked again. You HAVE to tell him now, he's asked twice. Please don't make him have to ask a third time. Even though he's not going it is imperative that this very important person knows because, well, you know, it's important that he knows.

And then he can feel important, even though it's got nothing to do with him.

Do you not think it is something that should have been publicised along with the announcement of the event?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 20:41 - Jul 6 with 4104 viewsNeathJack

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse if Tatey is keeping the money, it's going to charity or if it's all going to be piled in a big bonfire and burned. I'll be there to show my appreciation for a player who played a significant part initially in our survival in League 2 and then our subsequent rise through the divisions.
Login to get fewer ads

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:15 - Jul 6 with 4089 viewspencoedjack

Seriously any news on tickets for this ?
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:27 - Jul 6 with 4084 viewsBorojack

I liked him bit of a cult figure loved the song as well.
He tried his best but let's be honest he had his limitations.
I am with Loyal players get paid well for what they do.
Not in favour of top ups for millionaires just my view.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:17 - Jul 6 with 4039 viewsWxmJax

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:31 - Jul 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Do you not think it is something that should have been publicised along with the announcement of the event?

No, as I'm not going myself. If I were and it was advertised that the money was going to charity then yes, I would like to know but I don't believe in testimonials, it's just a job after all. Why would I pay towards someone having the luxury of not having to worry about being in work at 6am when I have to myself ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:18 - Jul 7 with 3871 viewsTNT

Times have changed, as has justification of testimonials, possibly.

Maybe clubs should be recognising loyalty of supporters, more than players, these days.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 11:35 - Jul 8 with 3762 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 23:17 - Jul 6 by WxmJax

No, as I'm not going myself. If I were and it was advertised that the money was going to charity then yes, I would like to know but I don't believe in testimonials, it's just a job after all. Why would I pay towards someone having the luxury of not having to worry about being in work at 6am when I have to myself ?

Well testimonials these days are always for the benefit of local charities or ones the player in question is closely associated with. That is what I have always thought anyway.

If this is solely to raise money for Alan, when he already has earned colossal amounts from this club and its fans, then it will disappoint me.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 22:04 - Jul 8 with 3658 viewsBigPhilG

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 11:35 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well testimonials these days are always for the benefit of local charities or ones the player in question is closely associated with. That is what I have always thought anyway.

If this is solely to raise money for Alan, when he already has earned colossal amounts from this club and its fans, then it will disappoint me.

You could win the lottery and still be disappointed. Why this bothers you is a mystery seeing as you don't even go to any games
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 09:20 - Jul 9 with 3595 viewsPhil_S

Had this from Tatey the other day - for clarity for those that need it I am not part of the organising committee just helping promote something I think is very worthwhile for someone who I have found over the many years I have known him to be one of the most genuine people you could meet. There have been many times when I wish we really could have had a team of Alan Tates

"Tickets are on sale Monday at 10am. As for what the game brings in in terms of money I will be sitting down with 2 councils, Swansea council because Swansea is the area that gave me so much as an adult and East Durham council because I want to help put back into Murton where I am from"

I still personally hope people support this game to the absolute max
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:26 - Jul 9 with 3576 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 09:20 - Jul 9 by Phil_S

Had this from Tatey the other day - for clarity for those that need it I am not part of the organising committee just helping promote something I think is very worthwhile for someone who I have found over the many years I have known him to be one of the most genuine people you could meet. There have been many times when I wish we really could have had a team of Alan Tates

"Tickets are on sale Monday at 10am. As for what the game brings in in terms of money I will be sitting down with 2 councils, Swansea council because Swansea is the area that gave me so much as an adult and East Durham council because I want to help put back into Murton where I am from"

I still personally hope people support this game to the absolute max

I would always expect some charitable donations, but the question was how much Phil, appreciate you don't have the answers.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:40 - Jul 9 with 3461 viewsStarsky

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:27 - Jul 6 by Borojack

I liked him bit of a cult figure loved the song as well.
He tried his best but let's be honest he had his limitations.
I am with Loyal players get paid well for what they do.
Not in favour of top ups for millionaires just my view.

You kinda missed the point of my reaction to your post but there you go.

It's just the internet, init.

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 22:12 - Jul 9 with 3455 viewsBorojack

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 21:40 - Jul 9 by Starsky

You kinda missed the point of my reaction to your post but there you go.

Not really I got your point.
The golf buggy quip was meant to be a light hearted comment.
He was a good servant to the club not sure what you want me to say but there you go.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:39 - Jul 18 with 3227 viewsmikecranleigh

Any news on this? seems to have gone very quiet
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 14:55 - Jul 18 with 3100 viewsLoyal

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 10:39 - Jul 18 by mikecranleigh

Any news on this? seems to have gone very quiet

Money ....

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 15:29 - Jul 18 with 3056 viewsPhil_S

Tickets are available from the ticket office

Available to purchase now
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 15:30 - Jul 18 with 3051 viewsPhil_S

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-stars-sign-tates-testimonial

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/ssmc/Events/Index
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 17:37 - Jul 18 with 2962 viewstrncjack

IS Michu playing , it would bring in a few fans if he was .
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:34 - Jul 18 with 2866 viewsMeraki

ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 15:29 - Jul 18 by Phil_S

Tickets are available from the ticket office

Available to purchase now

Its all going to charity then?
ALAN TATE TESTIMONIAL on 19:47 - Jul 18 with 2844 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who pays the relevant costs (stewarding, police, other staff etc) for a game like this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024