Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daniel James to Shrewsbury 18:37 - Jun 30 with 2503 viewsGroo

Season long loan.

Hope he does well

Groo does what Groo does best

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 20:50 - Jun 30 with 2419 viewsKilkennyjack

Great news

Beware of the Risen People

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 00:15 - Jul 1 with 2235 viewsLoyal

Should be first team squad.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 06:49 - Jul 1 with 2177 viewsKilkennyjack

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 00:15 - Jul 1 by Loyal

Should be first team squad.

Needs to play for me.

Dont let him rot in the u27's, or on the bench.
See Grimes - went backwards.

Beware of the Risen People

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 07:30 - Jul 1 with 2150 viewsEasternJack

Was hoping to see him on our bench this season. Oh well....

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 16:55 - Jul 1 with 2042 viewsswan65split

and we kept Montero?!!!
Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 06:19 - Jul 2 with 1889 viewsDr_Winston

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 16:55 - Jul 1 by swan65split

and we kept Montero?!!!

Window ain't closed yet.

Big step up from the kiddies league anyway. No guarantees that James would fare any better than Montero. Suspect a loan until Christmas so if he shines we can recall him or loan him out to a higher level would have been better though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 18:03 - Jul 2 with 1757 viewsA_Fans_Dad

All those saying it is good news or a good idea are assuming that he will actually get to play.
You do know they already have shedsloads of Wingers?

We know he would play for the under 23s which will include the CheckaTrade trophy again, sdo I am not so sure it is a good thing, especially as he could have played with the First Team in the Pre Season games.
Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 20:12 - Jul 3 with 1615 viewsNirvana

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 18:03 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

All those saying it is good news or a good idea are assuming that he will actually get to play.
You do know they already have shedsloads of Wingers?

We know he would play for the under 23s which will include the CheckaTrade trophy again, sdo I am not so sure it is a good thing, especially as he could have played with the First Team in the Pre Season games.

My thoughts exactly, Fans Dad.

Shrewsbury is an absolutely beauitful little town, but I don't know sshitt about the club. I'm hoping James will be first-team all season. Knowing how these deals generally transpire, though, that's not likely.

We really should have kept him, at least until after pre-season, so we could assess him in actual games. If he played well, we either keep him or he goes to a Championship club. Plays poorly, we send him to somewhere like Shrewsbury.

I hope the best for him this season, but he has been poorly managed so far. Should've been given a chance in a Swans kit this summer before a loan move. Ah well, it's Jenkins we're talking about.
Login to get fewer ads

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 21:02 - Jul 3 with 1574 viewsjasper_T

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 20:12 - Jul 3 by Nirvana

My thoughts exactly, Fans Dad.

Shrewsbury is an absolutely beauitful little town, but I don't know sshitt about the club. I'm hoping James will be first-team all season. Knowing how these deals generally transpire, though, that's not likely.

We really should have kept him, at least until after pre-season, so we could assess him in actual games. If he played well, we either keep him or he goes to a Championship club. Plays poorly, we send him to somewhere like Shrewsbury.

I hope the best for him this season, but he has been poorly managed so far. Should've been given a chance in a Swans kit this summer before a loan move. Ah well, it's Jenkins we're talking about.

But if he doesn't get a pre-season with the loaning club he's less likely to get straight into their team. What Championship side is going to put an untested teenager into the team if he just arrives on the Saturday morning with his boots?
Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 21:22 - Jul 3 with 1547 viewsNirvana

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 21:02 - Jul 3 by jasper_T

But if he doesn't get a pre-season with the loaning club he's less likely to get straight into their team. What Championship side is going to put an untested teenager into the team if he just arrives on the Saturday morning with his boots?

Not sure, but if James impresses during a pre-season with a midtable PL club I would imagine there would be plenty of options available to him. He then works with his agent and us, and he's off to whoever guarantees him playing time and has a stable organization.

I don't know anything about Shrewsbury, to be honest, but he should probably be walking into their XI regardless of a pre-season or not. We have been a PL club for awhile now. They are L1. Our youngsters should be excelling at that level, and playing every week bare minimum.

Otherwise, we should follow Klopp's lead and keep our best prospects in-house, until they can accomplish what I said in the paragraph above.
Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 21:54 - Jul 3 with 1514 viewsjasper_T

Our academy players don't automatically get better just because we're a PL team.

The ones we buy for £72k probably do, though.

The majority of academy players at PL clubs won't go on to have a professional career at Football League level. Sheer numbers alone mean that teams like Shrewsbury already have the Dan James's of five years ago playing for them, as senior professionals (clicking through their wikipedia squad list you see Birmingham, Bolton, Man City, Basel academies in just the first few).

Dan is a good player and a full season of senior football is just what he needs.
Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 22:10 - Jul 3 with 1491 viewsNirvana

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 21:54 - Jul 3 by jasper_T

Our academy players don't automatically get better just because we're a PL team.

The ones we buy for £72k probably do, though.

The majority of academy players at PL clubs won't go on to have a professional career at Football League level. Sheer numbers alone mean that teams like Shrewsbury already have the Dan James's of five years ago playing for them, as senior professionals (clicking through their wikipedia squad list you see Birmingham, Bolton, Man City, Basel academies in just the first few).

Dan is a good player and a full season of senior football is just what he needs.

I agree with the overall point, Jasper.

But all that time and money put into Landore and whatnot should really be producing results. Better resources and money = better footballers. That's pretty much what it always comes down to, with everything in life.

I agree it's not a science and you can't turn sshitt into diamonds, my words. But, being a PL club means better EVERYTHING because of the massive increase in money. Expecting us to have better youth players and contacts than before 2011 isn't asking too much, in my opinion.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter. Dan is off to Shrewsbury, and I wish him the best of luck.
Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 23:20 - Jul 3 with 1442 viewsjasper_T

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 22:10 - Jul 3 by Nirvana

I agree with the overall point, Jasper.

But all that time and money put into Landore and whatnot should really be producing results. Better resources and money = better footballers. That's pretty much what it always comes down to, with everything in life.

I agree it's not a science and you can't turn sshitt into diamonds, my words. But, being a PL club means better EVERYTHING because of the massive increase in money. Expecting us to have better youth players and contacts than before 2011 isn't asking too much, in my opinion.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter. Dan is off to Shrewsbury, and I wish him the best of luck.

A lot of the youth players coming through to the u23s now would have started at the club a while before 2011. They start them young.

As disheartening as it may seem, our youth players regularly getting loan deals to Football League clubs is "producing results". Not too long ago all but a few notable names would wander into the league of Wales and never be heard from again.

We're still waiting on the next Joe or Ben, but the clubs spending millions on their 16 year olds don't find one of them consistently either.
Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 23:43 - Jul 3 with 1416 viewsNirvana

Daniel James to Shrewsbury on 23:20 - Jul 3 by jasper_T

A lot of the youth players coming through to the u23s now would have started at the club a while before 2011. They start them young.

As disheartening as it may seem, our youth players regularly getting loan deals to Football League clubs is "producing results". Not too long ago all but a few notable names would wander into the league of Wales and never be heard from again.

We're still waiting on the next Joe or Ben, but the clubs spending millions on their 16 year olds don't find one of them consistently either.

Great post Jasper, and I agree with you.

Perspective is necessary in all walks of life, and especially with football. We have come a long way in just a short period of time and that cannot be forgotten, especially in regards to our youth setup.

Excellent points.

But James was brought in from Hull not too long ago, right? So, he's not a local boy. On talent, he should be able to walk into Shrewsbury's XI, no problem. Otherwise, we should never have gotten him in the first place.

My opinion, of course, and I respect you for having yours. C'est la vie!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024