Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? 07:58 - Jul 1 with 8311 viewsmarchamjack

Chatting over a few beers with my brother in law last night (talking Swans sht as ever) and we got round to the best Swans goals we'd seen over the years. Not the most important necessarily, just the best.

A few for starters -

We both said

Garry Stanley v City
Pratley v Forest
Trunds v Yeovil
Etc

More?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:06 - Jul 1 with 5813 viewsItchySphincter

Linton Brown scored a great goal once. Team goal, playing up towards the West Stand along the North Bank, can't remember who we were playing or what the score was but it was an evening game. Linton couldn't have scored many.

Keith Walker v Cardiff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:14 - Jul 1 with 5803 viewsJackanapes

Max Thompson vs Arse
Djimmy vs Chelsea
Ferrie vs Preston
Joe Allon vs Scum(NYD '88 so as not confuse those wondering about Joe Allen vs scum)
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 8:16]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:20 - Jul 1 with 5791 viewsDr_Winston

Legg Vs Stoke.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:21 - Jul 1 with 5789 viewsDr_Winston

Kieron Durkan Vs Rushden & Diamonds.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 09:03 - Jul 1 with 5754 viewsDewi1jack

A lot of good, good goals already mentioned.
My favourite is still Max Thompsons

Curt v Leeds in our 1st ever game in the top flight
Shelvey v Villa
Michu V Arse away
Ferre (home v ??? just after his goal at Preston, think it was a mid week game as well, nearly a copycat goal- sorry memory problems)
Trunds volley in the Autoglass/ Daf/ Paint trophy final v Carlisle
Gylfi free kick V Arse (after Mo got fouled)
Routs v West Brom

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 09:29 - Jul 1 with 5723 viewsshandyjack

Fallon overhead has to be up there, based on his talent and the stage it was scored

Poll: Expectation for the season

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 09:35 - Jul 1 with 5710 viewsjackal

Trunds 40 yard lob against Yeovil.

Not a goal but Trunds again when he took the ball on his chest and allowed it to roll over as he turned.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 09:52 - Jul 1 with 5695 viewsMrSwerve

A bit of an obvious one but James Thomas' goal vs Hull was brilliant, given the pressure of the occasion.

Edit: Out of the three, I meant THAT chip, obviously.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 12:03]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 10:54 - Jul 1 with 5634 viewsJBT95

Whats the best Wales goal you've seen OP? Probably only seen 15 so shouldn't be too hard.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:33 - Jul 1 with 5617 viewsSTID2017

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 09:52 - Jul 1 by MrSwerve

A bit of an obvious one but James Thomas' goal vs Hull was brilliant, given the pressure of the occasion.

Edit: Out of the three, I meant THAT chip, obviously.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 12:03]

Those of a certain age will remember when Tosh was with the Swans, he played in the Home internationals. Pretty sure that year we beat England 4-1 and Scotland 3-0
EDIT: '79 we beat Scotland 3-0 (Tosh scored a hatrick) , while two years later we beat them 2-0.
England 4-1 win was 1980
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 11:39]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:38 - Jul 1 with 5606 viewssomersetsimon

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:33 - Jul 1 by STID2017

Those of a certain age will remember when Tosh was with the Swans, he played in the Home internationals. Pretty sure that year we beat England 4-1 and Scotland 3-0
EDIT: '79 we beat Scotland 3-0 (Tosh scored a hatrick) , while two years later we beat them 2-0.
England 4-1 win was 1980
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 11:39]

Didn't Tosh score a hat trick when we beat Scotland 3-0 at the Vetch? Me and my dad left my cousin's wedding early to see the match!
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:39 - Jul 1 with 5602 viewssomersetsimon

Given the quality of the goal and it's context, I'd say Leighton James away at Preston.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:41 - Jul 1 with 5596 viewsSTID2017

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:38 - Jul 1 by somersetsimon

Didn't Tosh score a hat trick when we beat Scotland 3-0 at the Vetch? Me and my dad left my cousin's wedding early to see the match!

I thought it was at the Vetch but was at Ninian Park, while the England win was at Wrexham.
Nice to say "I was there" for both - shows I'm getting on though !

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:44 - Jul 1 with 5585 viewsSTID2017

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 11:38 - Jul 1 by somersetsimon

The 2-0 win in 1981 was at the Vetch - Ian Walsh of Crystal Palace scored both goals

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 14:42 - Jul 1 with 5504 viewsStarsky

The best goal was against Blackburn. Leroy Lita.

It reminded me of the Leeds v Southampton back in the early 70s

It's just the internet, init.

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 14:48 - Jul 1 with 5497 viewsdailew

Jonathan Coates, Orient A

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 16:33 - Jul 1 with 5374 viewsGriffting

Best goal you've ever seen scored against us??
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 16:39 - Jul 1 with 5348 viewsjack247

Paul Reid's van Basten volley
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 16:50 - Jul 1 with 5348 viewsGriffting

Tate volley vs tranmere
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 17:12 - Jul 1 with 5334 viewsmarchamjack

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 14:48 - Jul 1 by dailew

Jonathan Coates, Orient A

That's the very one that my brother in law and I both named last night, but I didnt put it up at start of thread as wasn't sure anyone else might recall it! Hell of a goal from back in the day.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 18:09 - Jul 1 with 5286 viewsJackanapes

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 16:33 - Jul 1 by Griffting

Best goal you've ever seen scored against us??

Eric Gates

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 20:25 - Jul 1 with 5193 viewsAnotherJohn

There have been so many fantastic goals down through the years,with one by Curt, Latchford and Robbie James sticking in the mind. In recent years I think Michu's first against Arsenal in the league stands out, with his second goal against QPR a close second.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 20:27 - Jul 1 with 5183 viewsNeathJack

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 08:20 - Jul 1 by Dr_Winston

Legg Vs Stoke.

Mark Harris v Stoke in the same game (or maybe the year before or after?)

Picked it up in his own box, beat a couple of men, ran 30 yards and played a 1-2 with someone in the centre circle, broke through the defence and slotted it home.

Top of the list of things you'd never expect to see at a football match.
What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 20:31 - Jul 1 with 5175 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The best of the last few years (post Michu) comes from the most unlikely source: Routledge.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 20:33]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

What's the best Swans goal you've ever seen? on 20:58 - Jul 1 with 5149 viewsKilkennyjack

Trunds at the MillStad.

What a fecking goal. World class.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024