Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France thread 17:04 - Jul 1 with 4838 viewsperchrockjack

...yeah I know...

Froomey going off at 17.32

My lad s there and it's fookn treacherous.

Go Chris

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tour de France thread on 23:49 - Jul 4 with 1647 viewsStarsky

Tour de France thread on 20:27 - Jul 4 by Pegojack

Indeed. The Tour is a fabulous event which never fails to produce high drama. Talk about going from hero to zero, Peter Sagan wins yesterday's stage, then gets disqualified from the race for causing Mark Cavendish to crash into the barriers in the final sprint. A tad harsh, I thought.

Can't see Cav carrying on tomorrow after that smash. If you see the replay again, watch one of the following riders ride completely over him while he's lying on the floor, then go flying over the handle bars in a somersault. Incredible stuff.

I'm going to be extra careful cycling to work tomorrow.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2017 20:31]

Harsh? He feckin elbowed him mun

It's just the internet, init.

Tour de France thread on 01:37 - Jul 5 with 1630 viewsjackforever

Tour de France thread on 21:33 - Jul 4 by Neath_Jack

Who was the latest British cyclist who's been accused of cheating? This Cav chap or the one thats a bit of a mod?

Think it was Mo Farah
Tour de France thread on 21:25 - Jul 7 with 1559 viewsSwans777

Probably the toughest sporting occasion.
Tour de France thread on 09:48 - Jul 9 with 1509 viewstrampie

Will the GC teams just mark each other today or will there be top action ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tour de France thread on 16:21 - Jul 9 with 1484 viewsBanosswan

Wow, what a stage!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tour de France thread on 16:25 - Jul 9 with 1478 viewstrampie

Nobody attacking Froome, conspiracy theorists will be raising their eyebrows.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tour de France thread on 18:18 - Jul 9 with 1453 viewsjackforever

Tour de France thread on 16:25 - Jul 9 by trampie

Nobody attacking Froome, conspiracy theorists will be raising their eyebrows.

Apart from Bardet? Porte, Aru and Martin all had a go. Until the crash.
Hell of a stage and despite losing G Froome has had another good day. Feel sorry for Martin as he was looking very good. Hope he isn't too badly hurt.
As for G he seems to spend far to much time hitting tarmac unfortunately.
Tour de France thread on 08:55 - Jul 10 with 1413 viewsPegojack

Utterly gutted for Geraint, and very relieved for Porte that his injuries weren't worse.

What drama yesterday, couldn't take my eyes off it.

Got to say the French TV coverage is spot on, too. They've had plenty of years to get it right, mind! But going down from the main peak with the cyclists descending at 80 km/hr through twisty forest roads was something else. Compelling TV.
Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France thread on 09:44 - Jul 10 with 1398 viewsBrynCartwright

Unfortunately no French coverage of the G crash...just the aftermath. Gutted for him and all Welsh cycling fans. Apparently he was taken down by Majka crashing directly in front of him. What a pisser! Froome's yellow jersey now severely weakened, but he still has Luke Rowe. Time to step up Luke. He can do it.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Tour de France thread on 09:09 - Jul 11 with 1350 viewsBatterseajack

Credit to Dan Martin, he fell off twice on the final decent yet, the first being that horrific crash with Richie Porte, yet he still dusted himself down and finished 1min 15secs behind the lead group
Tour de France thread on 10:46 - Jul 11 with 1322 viewsJFSwan

Landa will look after him in the high mountains
Tour de France thread on 16:15 - Jul 11 with 1296 viewsProfessor

Tour de France thread on 09:09 - Jul 11 by Batterseajack

Credit to Dan Martin, he fell off twice on the final decent yet, the first being that horrific crash with Richie Porte, yet he still dusted himself down and finished 1min 15secs behind the lead group

Also had a mechanical problem and crashed again-yet still came in with Quintana.

That was a horrible crash and relieved Porte was not badly injured. Could have easily broken his neck or back.
Tour de France thread on 09:11 - Jul 17 with 1200 viewsPegojack

Superb ride by Froomey yesterday, overcoming a broken spoke which necessitated an impromptu wheel change at a critical stage in the race and making up the 45 seconds lost with some brilliant riding and excellent team support.

I was absolutely incensed by those cheese eating surrender monkeys walking into the road and booing him as he rode back to the pack on a wicked gradient. I wanted to leap into the TV and give them all a slap, the feckers.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 9:25]
Tour de France thread on 09:55 - Jul 17 with 1185 viewsunion_jack

Tour de France thread on 09:11 - Jul 17 by Pegojack

Superb ride by Froomey yesterday, overcoming a broken spoke which necessitated an impromptu wheel change at a critical stage in the race and making up the 45 seconds lost with some brilliant riding and excellent team support.

I was absolutely incensed by those cheese eating surrender monkeys walking into the road and booing him as he rode back to the pack on a wicked gradient. I wanted to leap into the TV and give them all a slap, the feckers.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 9:25]

You'd never have caught them though!

Why were they booing btw?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tour de France thread on 10:03 - Jul 17 with 1181 viewsPegojack

Tour de France thread on 09:55 - Jul 17 by union_jack

You'd never have caught them though!

Why were they booing btw?

They were booing because they wanted their man Bardet to win the stage and the tour, so they were trying to put him off.

Fat chance, you garlic breathed feckers!
Tour de France thread on 11:17 - Jul 17 with 1164 viewsunion_jack

Tour de France thread on 10:03 - Jul 17 by Pegojack

They were booing because they wanted their man Bardet to win the stage and the tour, so they were trying to put him off.

Fat chance, you garlic breathed feckers!

Really? That's bad sportsmanship at its highest. I thought he'd done something or said something publicly to wind them up.

Bad show!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tour de France thread on 11:26 - Jul 17 with 1157 viewsBanosswan

Tour de France thread on 11:17 - Jul 17 by union_jack

Really? That's bad sportsmanship at its highest. I thought he'd done something or said something publicly to wind them up.

Bad show!

They do it every year, they threw urine on him two years ago.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tour de France thread on 09:59 - Jul 22 with 1057 viewsMervyn

Great tour this year,

Best of luck to Froomey and Simon Yates today

Looking forward to the stroll into Paris tomorrow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024