Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see David Lammy 08:09 - Jul 3 with 2954 viewswaynekerr55

Has joined the Abbott club of using skin colour to denigrate someone (when talking about the judge appointed for the Grenfell enquiry).

Why do people like him feel the need to use the term "white"? If he'd just said "an upper middle class man who's never been to a tower block" his point is well and truly made.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I see David Lammy on 08:14 - Jul 3 with 2521 viewsDr_Winston

It's the first time anyone has paid any attention to Lammy in years and he's milking it for all it's worth before sinking back into the irrelevance he usually resides in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I see David Lammy on 08:33 - Jul 3 with 2499 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Does Lammy refer to his Labour party leader as white?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

I see David Lammy on 09:52 - Jul 3 with 2438 viewswaynekerr55

I see David Lammy on 08:33 - Jul 3 by felixstowe_jack

Does Lammy refer to his Labour party leader as white?

I think the issue is how the likes of Lammy and Abbott think this inflammatory language is acceptable.

I see David Lammy on 09:53 - Jul 3 with 2437 viewsWarwickHunt

Denigrate - from the Latin "denigrare" meaning "to blacken"

We need more working class high court judges, preferably bruvvas, innit.
I see David Lammy on 10:14 - Jul 3 with 2405 viewsHighjack

I see David Lammy on 09:52 - Jul 3 by waynekerr55

I think the issue is how the likes of Lammy and Abbott think this inflammatory language is acceptable.

It's completely wrong for him to say this, hes the type to constantly shout racism and sexism at anyone and everyone but now is basically questioning the competency of this judge based entirely on his skin colour and the fact he possesses a penis. The unwavering hypocrisy of these people is unbelievable.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

I see David Lammy on 10:28 - Jul 3 with 2391 viewswaynekerr55

I see David Lammy on 10:14 - Jul 3 by Highjack

It's completely wrong for him to say this, hes the type to constantly shout racism and sexism at anyone and everyone but now is basically questioning the competency of this judge based entirely on his skin colour and the fact he possesses a penis. The unwavering hypocrisy of these people is unbelievable.

Yet they're seen as some sort of genuine alternative to look after the likes of us on here. Both sides are a disgrace and I wouldn't trust them to take my bins out

I see David Lammy on 12:03 - Jul 3 with 2344 viewsHighjack

I see David Lammy on 10:28 - Jul 3 by waynekerr55

Yet they're seen as some sort of genuine alternative to look after the likes of us on here. Both sides are a disgrace and I wouldn't trust them to take my bins out

Imagine the outrage if someone like trump or Farage had said that a black female judge should be replaced with a white male? It would be wall to wall news coverage for weeks and there'd be calls for them all to be impeached, imprisoned and/or executed for crimes against minorities.

We've made great strides against racism in recent decades but until racist comments like those regularly used by the likes of lammy and Abbott are taken seriously then we're back to square one, which is possibly what they want because it suits their agenda.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

I see David Lammy on 12:40 - Jul 3 with 2321 viewsheadcleaner

Great strides in racism in recent years. Really a lot of the Brexit votes were down to racism and the thick electorate thinking they'd be saying goodbye to a lot of the foreigners that currently inhabit Great Britain.

As for Lammys comments hes coming from a view, none of us has ever had to endure. How many times have any of us been stopped and searched? it's also a fact that a black man is more likely to be stopped than a white man and the facts back this up hugely. When I hear comments like "people Like him" whats that supposed to mean?

Abbott might well say some daft things much like a lot of her colleagues but boy she must be doing something right because she walloped her rivals in the election by some considerable distance.
Login to get fewer ads

I see David Lammy on 12:47 - Jul 3 with 2311 viewsshimmie

I see David Lammy on 12:40 - Jul 3 by headcleaner

Great strides in racism in recent years. Really a lot of the Brexit votes were down to racism and the thick electorate thinking they'd be saying goodbye to a lot of the foreigners that currently inhabit Great Britain.

As for Lammys comments hes coming from a view, none of us has ever had to endure. How many times have any of us been stopped and searched? it's also a fact that a black man is more likely to be stopped than a white man and the facts back this up hugely. When I hear comments like "people Like him" whats that supposed to mean?

Abbott might well say some daft things much like a lot of her colleagues but boy she must be doing something right because she walloped her rivals in the election by some considerable distance.

Its also a fact that a young black male is far more likely to be the victim of knife crime perpetrated by another black male. Its an uncomfortable truth that has been politicised and has led to a huge spike in knife crime. When you see the grieving families of those affected by this you may change your stance. Most families who live in the area's most effected by this actually support stop and search as they believe it assists in keeping the children safe. The majority of those who oppose it are white virtue signallers, a generalisation but as you were having a good go at painting a whole group with the same brush I thought I'd have a go too...
I see David Lammy on 12:53 - Jul 3 with 2296 viewsHeadmaster

I see David Lammy on 08:14 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

It's the first time anyone has paid any attention to Lammy in years and he's milking it for all it's worth before sinking back into the irrelevance he usually resides in.

Or maybe he's just really passionate about the whole thing, since his friend died in the fire? Just a thought.
I see David Lammy on 13:27 - Jul 3 with 2260 viewswaynekerr55

"As for Lammys comments hes coming from a view, none of us has ever had to endure. How many times have any of us been stopped and searched? it's also a fact that a black man is more likely to be stopped than a white man and the facts back this up hugely."

Oh I agree 100% that ethnic groups suffer, but he is in a position of power and responsibility. Skin colour has f*ck all to do with a judges' suitability, end of discussion.

I see David Lammy on 14:28 - Jul 3 with 2224 viewsHighjack

Bizarre. His comments are indefensible. Do you agree that the white male judge should be replaced with a female from an ethnic minority? Do you believe that skin colour and gender has any effect on his competency to do his job?

I see David Lammy on 14:30 - Jul 3 with 2220 viewsHighjack

I see David Lammy on 12:53 - Jul 3 by Headmaster

Or maybe he's just really passionate about the whole thing, since his friend died in the fire? Just a thought.

If his judgement is easily clouded by emotion then perhaps he's in the wrong job.

I see David Lammy on 18:54 - Jul 3 with 2128 viewswaynekerr55

I see David Lammy on 14:30 - Jul 3 by Highjack

If his judgement is easily clouded by emotion then perhaps he's in the wrong job.

Inflammatory statements like he's made seem to get swept under the carpet too easily for my liking.

I see David Lammy on 19:09 - Jul 3 with 2120 viewsexiledclaseboy

I see David Lammy on 14:28 - Jul 3 by Highjack

Bizarre. His comments are indefensible. Do you agree that the white male judge should be replaced with a female from an ethnic minority? Do you believe that skin colour and gender has any effect on his competency to do his job?

I believe that Lammy's actual point about an upper middle class white male being unable to empathise with or appreciate the difficulties of living (and ultimately dying) in a massive tower block is a decent one. The counter argument about "yeah but what would people say if a black womam judge faced calls to be removed from yadayada" is trite because she probably wouldn't have been appointed in the first place. And as I've said many times on here I generally think Lammy's a bit of a fool.

Poll: Tory leader

I see David Lammy on 19:20 - Jul 3 with 2092 viewsadamswan

I see David Lammy on 19:09 - Jul 3 by exiledclaseboy

I believe that Lammy's actual point about an upper middle class white male being unable to empathise with or appreciate the difficulties of living (and ultimately dying) in a massive tower block is a decent one. The counter argument about "yeah but what would people say if a black womam judge faced calls to be removed from yadayada" is trite because she probably wouldn't have been appointed in the first place. And as I've said many times on here I generally think Lammy's a bit of a fool.

No it's not a valid or decent opinion, it's racist. Assuming that because of his skin colour he cannot empathise with people, it's total boll ocks, and for whatever reason this language is being perpetuated by "liberals". And as for upper middle class... they are appointing a judge, door know of many judges slumming it in council blocks. The most divisive commentators and voices are coming from the left wing. Liberals are no longer liberal, they are marxists, both economically and culturally. They can't look at people as individuals, it is all about the collective or which group they can be put in- gender, class, colour, whatever. And if you are white you are born sinful in these marxists eyes. And Jezbollah is their cult leader fuelling it all.
I see David Lammy on 19:23 - Jul 3 with 2086 viewsHighjack

The judge is there to examine the facts and apply the rule of law, empathy and emotion shouldn't come into it.

I see David Lammy on 19:25 - Jul 3 with 2085 viewsexiledclaseboy

I see David Lammy on 19:20 - Jul 3 by adamswan

No it's not a valid or decent opinion, it's racist. Assuming that because of his skin colour he cannot empathise with people, it's total boll ocks, and for whatever reason this language is being perpetuated by "liberals". And as for upper middle class... they are appointing a judge, door know of many judges slumming it in council blocks. The most divisive commentators and voices are coming from the left wing. Liberals are no longer liberal, they are marxists, both economically and culturally. They can't look at people as individuals, it is all about the collective or which group they can be put in- gender, class, colour, whatever. And if you are white you are born sinful in these marxists eyes. And Jezbollah is their cult leader fuelling it all.

Nice rant but I disagree. When you read Lammy's comments in context it's not as simplistic as "white judge shouldn't have been appointed".

Poll: Tory leader

I see David Lammy on 19:40 - Jul 3 with 2066 viewsMeraki

I see David Lammy on 19:25 - Jul 3 by exiledclaseboy

Nice rant but I disagree. When you read Lammy's comments in context it's not as simplistic as "white judge shouldn't have been appointed".

Its not just David Lammy who has raised questions about the Judge, its the actual survivors who want him replaced as well.

I believe they have written to Theresa.
I see David Lammy on 19:41 - Jul 3 with 2065 viewsHighjack

I see David Lammy on 19:40 - Jul 3 by Meraki

Its not just David Lammy who has raised questions about the Judge, its the actual survivors who want him replaced as well.

I believe they have written to Theresa.

On what grounds?

I see David Lammy on 19:43 - Jul 3 with 2062 viewsadamswan

I see David Lammy on 19:25 - Jul 3 by exiledclaseboy

My rant is aimed more at Lammy and his ilk than at you, I'm sure he checks this forum every half hour to check for any Roque Mesa news like the rest of us!
Unfortunately in their eyes I have to believe it is that simple. Day by day you hear more and more people discrediting "old white males..., it is unbelievable they get away with it, let alone get lauded for it by the white guilt brigade. I don't want to sound like an alarmist, but postmodernist dillusion thats been circling around universities for the last 40 odd years is finally coming home to roost. People should be judged on their merits, and merits alone, anyone that mentions a collectivist category to decide upon a someone's eligibility or moral should be hounded out of public office. It's a dangerous slope we are slipping down.
I see David Lammy on 19:48 - Jul 3 with 2052 viewsMeraki

I see David Lammy on 19:41 - Jul 3 by Highjack

On what grounds?

"The survivors are concerned about comments from Moore-Bick, the former court of appeal judge who is heading the inquiry, that it will be restricted to issues relating to how the fire started and spread rather than examining wider issues about Grenfell Tower, the council, central government and the management and funding of social housing."

I think they are also a bit p*ssed off that the government said the residents would have a say in who heads up the inquiry, but they didn't.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 19:51]
I see David Lammy on 19:57 - Jul 3 with 2040 viewswaynekerr55

See Clasey, I agree with everything, bar the need for the use of 'white'. Skin colour has fúck all to do with it, whilst social status and class does.

I see David Lammy on 20:09 - Jul 3 with 2030 viewsHighjack

I see David Lammy on 19:48 - Jul 3 by Meraki

"The survivors are concerned about comments from Moore-Bick, the former court of appeal judge who is heading the inquiry, that it will be restricted to issues relating to how the fire started and spread rather than examining wider issues about Grenfell Tower, the council, central government and the management and funding of social housing."

I think they are also a bit p*ssed off that the government said the residents would have a say in who heads up the inquiry, but they didn't.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 19:51]

Well that seems fair enough and a lot more valid than "He's a white middle class male"

I see David Lammy on 20:52 - Jul 3 with 2005 viewsdailew

Judges will, by definition, all be upper middle class.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024