Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja has gone 21:39 - Jul 4 with 7044 viewsharryhpalmer

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/borja-makes-loan-switch-malaga

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Borja has gone on 21:40 - Jul 4 with 5806 viewsJackfath

Good luck Senor Baston

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Borja has gone on 21:41 - Jul 4 with 5787 viewsPegojack

Borja has gone on 21:40 - Jul 4 by Jackfath

Good luck Senor Baston

Aye, score a shedload so we can get some of our £15 mill back next year.....
Borja has gone on 21:42 - Jul 4 with 5758 viewsDanWelsh86

Borja has gone on 21:41 - Jul 4 by Pegojack

Or better still, get your confidence up and work ethic.

Then come back and score goals for the Swans.
Borja has gone on 21:45 - Jul 4 with 5726 viewsmax936

Spot on Sir Michael, thing is we've taken another player who is apparently a goal poacher on now, although he does seem to have more to his game plus he's quick, so hopefully its a good swap.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Borja has gone on 21:48 - Jul 4 with 5684 viewshobo

We should get a decent loan fee for that. Hope he does the biz out there
Borja has gone on 21:53 - Jul 4 with 5651 viewscaerleon_jack

I'm sure there'll be plenty who say good riddance but I'm disappointed that we haven't given him another go. He came in late last season, missed our pre-season and wasn't fully fit. The club was a shambles, and he wouldn't be the first player to take a while to settle in the Premier League. It would have been interesting to see how he fitted in after a full pre-season and with Clement putting his stamp on it.

With him gone though I would like to see us bring in another forward - I think we need another Llorente style striker, someone a bit physical who can hold the ball up - which I appreciate Borja wasn't, but I feel we need an alternative to Tammy in reserve (assuming that McBurnie goes on loan)

Insert something witty here

Borja has gone on 21:56 - Jul 4 with 5618 viewsjack2jack

Complete and utter enigma,will never understand us signing him,and certainly not at that price.
Good luck Borja!
Borja has gone on 22:06 - Jul 4 with 5553 viewsvetchonian

I think Hereford this shows where we sit in the PL we baulk as our record signing flops......£15m for a PL striker? Let's be serious.......maybe a dodgy HJ signing but as is said you get what you pay for!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Borja has gone on 22:29 - Jul 4 with 5437 viewsmax936

Borja has gone on 22:06 - Jul 4 by vetchonian

I think Hereford this shows where we sit in the PL we baulk as our record signing flops......£15m for a PL striker? Let's be serious.......maybe a dodgy HJ signing but as is said you get what you pay for!

Well you say that, but Llorente only cost us 5 mill didn't he and look how he turned out, absolute bargain at 5 mill.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Borja has gone on 22:35 - Jul 4 with 5404 viewsjasper_T

Borja has gone on 21:56 - Jul 4 by jack2jack

Complete and utter enigma,will never understand us signing him,and certainly not at that price.
Good luck Borja!

You'd think he must have scored a bunch of goals in one of the best leagues in the world or something.
Borja has gone on 22:45 - Jul 4 with 5352 viewsjack247

Borja has gone on 22:35 - Jul 4 by jasper_T

You'd think he must have scored a bunch of goals in one of the best leagues in the world or something.

He either wasn't scouted properly or we were hoping to play more dynamic football before Guidolin got sacked. He was just too weak to battle centre backs on his own. Crazy signing for that price.

Good luck in Spain Borja.
Borja has gone on 22:52 - Jul 4 with 5322 viewslonglostjack

Borja has gone on 22:45 - Jul 4 by jack247

He either wasn't scouted properly or we were hoping to play more dynamic football before Guidolin got sacked. He was just too weak to battle centre backs on his own. Crazy signing for that price.

Good luck in Spain Borja.

I was very hopeful when we signed him. His record in the Spanish League suggested that he had something. For whatever reason if didn't work out. I don't buy the argument about the system. Obviously PC has had plenty of time to look at him. Homesickness despite Rangel and Llorente? Strange.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Borja has gone on 22:56 - Jul 4 with 5300 viewsjack247

Borja has gone on 22:52 - Jul 4 by longlostjack

I was very hopeful when we signed him. His record in the Spanish League suggested that he had something. For whatever reason if didn't work out. I don't buy the argument about the system. Obviously PC has had plenty of time to look at him. Homesickness despite Rangel and Llorente? Strange.

He just got bullied every time he came on. There must be a player in there for him to have done so well at Eibar.

I had high hopes when he signed too, but then I had only seen clips of him on YouTube. He was completely unsuited to our system IMO
Borja has gone on 22:59 - Jul 4 with 5281 viewsmorningstar

Well, we'd best hope he makes an impact, because if he doesn't that's £15.5m down the shit chute. Good luck Borja (for our sake).
[Post edited 4 Jul 2017 23:00]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Borja has gone on 23:37 - Jul 4 with 5165 viewsKilkennyjack

Borja has gone on 21:48 - Jul 4 by hobo

They wont even be covering all his wages mate.

And the person who scouted him should be sacked.
Wasted £15m and nearly cost us our Premier Leagur status.

I still cant work it out, its almost like we wanted to spend big money just before the take over.
Maybe a gamble - but thats most unlike our club until that point.

Good luck to the player, none of this mess his fault.

Beware of the Risen People

Borja has gone on 23:47 - Jul 4 with 5142 viewsTheResurrection

Swans legend!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Borja has gone on 04:33 - Jul 5 with 4994 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Borja has gone on 21:48 - Jul 4 by hobo

According to transfermarkt there is no loan fee. As usual, nice job negotiating Jenkins.

Come on you Swans.

Borja has gone on 06:46 - Jul 5 with 4893 viewsCooperman

It appears that Clement didn't like the look of him to the extent of not even wanting a full pre season to work with him.

I know it's a case of being worth what someone is prepared to pay but I will be astounded if there is no loan fee involved.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Borja has gone on 07:04 - Jul 5 with 4854 viewsswanjackal

Say what you like about Gomis, at least he got on the pitch to be offside.

Baston has been the biggest flop we have ever had if he does not return and set the world alight. Be it injuries or just looking way out of his depth, he has been lucky not to get the dogs abuse others have received. Double standards?

(Biggest flop does not equate worst player, just worst value for money)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Borja has gone on 07:53 - Jul 5 with 4723 viewsWhiterockin

Borja has gone on 06:46 - Jul 5 by Cooperman

It appears that Clement didn't like the look of him to the extent of not even wanting a full pre season to work with him.

I know it's a case of being worth what someone is prepared to pay but I will be astounded if there is no loan fee involved.

I said when Clement came in that he will know all about Borja and Llorente from his time in Spain. He will not need time to see them and make up his mind. They will either fit in with his plans or be gone. He has got the best out of Llorente and Borja is gone. For those who say Borja did not get a chance, we need to back PC on this and accept the reasons why he was not used enough. That's why he is the manager and we are not.
Borja has gone on 08:55 - Jul 5 with 4629 viewsraynor94

Borja has gone on 04:33 - Jul 5 by MyFinalHeaven

According to transfermarkt there is no loan fee. As usual, nice job negotiating Jenkins.

Let's just be grateful he's off the wage bill, and let's hope by some miracle it's a success, and we can get some money back at the end of the loan

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Borja has gone on 09:40 - Jul 5 with 4575 viewsSwan91

Borja has gone on 07:53 - Jul 5 by Whiterockin

I said when Clement came in that he will know all about Borja and Llorente from his time in Spain. He will not need time to see them and make up his mind. They will either fit in with his plans or be gone. He has got the best out of Llorente and Borja is gone. For those who say Borja did not get a chance, we need to back PC on this and accept the reasons why he was not used enough. That's why he is the manager and we are not.

I think the reason he was not used more was because PC had to make the best tactic with the players he had... which was cross the ball and Llorente to score... Borja couldn't fit that system.. we needed it at the time and I am guessing that the system will be similar this season....

I don't think he is a bad player, just things happened which meant he couldn't really work his way into the team... I don't think the club were bad to buy him.. he showed great promise in La Liga, but since signing they had 3 different managers and he was just not in their set up.

I think he will do well again in La Liga.. and maybe we can get some money back from him next season.
Borja has gone on 10:18 - Jul 5 with 4506 viewsDafyddHuw

Borja has gone on 09:40 - Jul 5 by Swan91

I think the reason he was not used more was because PC had to make the best tactic with the players he had... which was cross the ball and Llorente to score... Borja couldn't fit that system.. we needed it at the time and I am guessing that the system will be similar this season....

I don't think he is a bad player, just things happened which meant he couldn't really work his way into the team... I don't think the club were bad to buy him.. he showed great promise in La Liga, but since signing they had 3 different managers and he was just not in their set up.

I think he will do well again in La Liga.. and maybe we can get some money back from him next season.

Spot on. Agree totally.
Borja has gone on 10:28 - Jul 5 with 4482 viewsJFSwan

Only time he got a kick was when we were desperately chasing a game. I would of liked to see more of him. Although it was pretty damning when Curtis used Mcburnie off the bench before Borja, and then Clement used Ayew up front for 3 games when Llorente was injured
Borja has gone on 10:50 - Jul 5 with 4433 viewsFlashberryjack

Borja has gone on 09:40 - Jul 5 by Swan91

"I think the reason he was not used more was because PC had to make the best tactic"

No mate, the reason why he wasn't used more is because he was a bag of shite when he was used, and just as much a bag of shite on the training field.

As others have already said, I hope he does well so we can get some of our money back, but I can't see it if I'm being honest.

As the saying goes " you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear" and f*ck me, was he one hell of a pigs ear.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024