Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good old Saudi... 02:50 - Jul 5 with 1503 viewsDJack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40496778

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Good old Saudi... on 06:51 - Jul 5 with 1453 viewsswanjackal

Well I never expected that!

Almost as shocked as I was when reading this article a few weeks ago.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-australia-abuse-pell-idUSKBN19K021?il=0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Good old Saudi... on 12:06 - Jul 5 with 1359 viewsDJack

Good old Saudi... on 06:51 - Jul 5 by swanjackal

Aaahhhh! But whether intentionally or not you missed/avoided the point. A right wing think tank pointing out the false belief of many right wing thinkers that Saudi is our ally and that it is fine to sell them arms.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Good old Saudi... on 12:10 - Jul 5 with 1350 viewsswanjackal

Well the Henry Jackson society, and by proxy Douglas Murray have always been critical of Saudi Arabia and it's specific form of wahhabism. So nothing new there.

I would say it's more political (who is in power at the time) than right or left there. Whoever is in power does the deal regardless, you only have to look at relations with labour prior to conservatives being in power. Money is a powerful motivator in politics.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 12:26]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Good old Saudi... on 11:43 - Jul 7 with 1232 viewsDafyddHuw

Saudi Arabia wants to close down Al Jazeera for a reason - the less bad publicity for their nasty little kingdom the better.
Good old Saudi... on 15:10 - Jul 7 with 1142 viewsPrivate_Partz

Good old Saudi... on 12:10 - Jul 5 by swanjackal

Well the Henry Jackson society, and by proxy Douglas Murray have always been critical of Saudi Arabia and it's specific form of wahhabism. So nothing new there.

I would say it's more political (who is in power at the time) than right or left there. Whoever is in power does the deal regardless, you only have to look at relations with labour prior to conservatives being in power. Money is a powerful motivator in politics.

There is a very different stance to Saudi in the Labour Party now. Corbyn has been on their case for years.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Good old Saudi... on 15:15 - Jul 7 with 1131 viewsLeonWasGod

Good old Saudi... on 06:51 - Jul 5 by swanjackal

And in the interest of balance, nonces of other religions are available too - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-40531730
Good old Saudi... on 16:11 - Jul 7 with 1112 viewsHighjack

Good old Saudi... on 15:10 - Jul 7 by Private_Partz

There is a very different stance to Saudi in the Labour Party now. Corbyn has been on their case for years.

That's probably more to do with the Saudis opposition to Jeremy's friends in Hamas. They are putting a lot of pressure on Qatar at the moment who are also big friends with Jeremy's friends in Hamas.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Good old Saudi... on 16:15 - Jul 7 with 1110 viewsHighjack

Good old Saudi... on 12:10 - Jul 5 by swanjackal

Yep it's all money. We have a long history of cosying up to nasty little regimes if it helps the bank balance.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024