Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit boom 11:57 - Jul 5 with 35284 viewsr0ckin

Won't tell you this in the express, mail, sun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-service-sector-miss-forecasts

notice eurozone doing very well.

If we said brexit was off the table tomorrow we'd be booming and we'd all be enjoying a pay rise. We are in for a gloomy few years all for nothing. It p1sses me off.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 11:59]

Peace

Brexit boom on 11:14 - Jul 21 with 1548 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 11:08 - Jul 21 by the_oracle

No. They have agencies in place that meet EU rules. We do not. You are silent on the banks departing. I am sure you can tell us how we are going to replace the tax revenue lost.

Ae your seriously suggesting that when we leave the eu with masters of engineering like err malta and Latvia we won't be able to maintain the same standards of aviation as them?

lol cmon fella it's not april the 1st :)
Brexit boom on 11:48 - Jul 21 with 1532 viewssherpajacob

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/4062073/end-of-the-ehic-british-tourists-face-los

"a brazen EU source said loss of EHIC was “what Brexit means”.

"But the British side hit back — accusing the EU of “judicial imperialism” and saying they were disrespecting a million ex-pats living on the Continent by stripping them of a right to free movement.

This is up there with the bottom conversation between Richie and Eddie about the Telly and the plastic duck.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Brexit boom on 12:20 - Jul 21 with 1515 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 11:08 - Jul 21 by the_oracle

No. They have agencies in place that meet EU rules. We do not. You are silent on the banks departing. I am sure you can tell us how we are going to replace the tax revenue lost.

Which banks are departing?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit boom on 12:33 - Jul 21 with 1504 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 10:27 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

I'm pretty sure current nations who are not in the eu have an aviation industry ??

Im pretty sure they also have banks too.

It's an absolute miracle that these countries can survive without being force fed regulations by anonymous, unaccountable luxembourgians and Slovenians.

Who can imagine a world where we don't have to ask a Bulgarians permission before setting up a trade deal with our friends in India? It's madness, we will never survive without the guidance and wisdom of Malta.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Brexit boom on 12:44 - Jul 21 with 1492 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 12:33 - Jul 21 by Highjack

It's an absolute miracle that these countries can survive without being force fed regulations by anonymous, unaccountable luxembourgians and Slovenians.

Who can imagine a world where we don't have to ask a Bulgarians permission before setting up a trade deal with our friends in India? It's madness, we will never survive without the guidance and wisdom of Malta.

It's almost as if loads of eu nationals are flocking here to find work as their economy's are screwed and there are no jobs for them in their own countrys ????

As you say how will the UK survive without guidance from world economic powerhouses such as malta and Lithuania??
Brexit boom on 13:54 - Jul 21 with 1469 viewsPozuelosSideys

Brexit boom on 12:20 - Jul 21 by Highjack

Which banks are departing?

Banks arent going anywhere. Theyre just setting up subsids in low tax EU countries like Ireland and Luxembourg (if they havent already) in preparation for the EU's stance on Euro clearing.

Incidentally, the EU trying to ban Euro transactions in the UK, but allow them in places like New York, Shanghai and Singapore is bonkers and will undermine the currency even more

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Brexit boom on 14:45 - Jul 21 with 1454 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 12:44 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

It's almost as if loads of eu nationals are flocking here to find work as their economy's are screwed and there are no jobs for them in their own countrys ????

As you say how will the UK survive without guidance from world economic powerhouses such as malta and Lithuania??

Who knows how the hell we are going to cope without Ryanair too. It's an unmitigated disaster.

Brexit boom on 15:15 - Jul 21 with 1443 viewsKerouac

Brexit boom on 14:45 - Jul 21 by Highjack

Who knows how the hell we are going to cope without Ryanair too. It's an unmitigated disaster.

You lot must be racist, xenophobic, fascists innit....and, and, AND YOU'RE FARKING THICK.
People who grew up in council houses shouldn't even be allowed to fecking vote...POWER TO THE (Middle class, highly educated) PEOPLE!!!!!
etc.

Yawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit boom on 16:44 - Jul 21 with 1427 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 09:29 - Jul 21 by Batterseajack

Yet more lies and misstruths.

Foreign Criminals can be denied entry into our country. But the reason they're allowed in is because our Boarder Force is understaffed and not aware they entered the country, hardly the EU's fault.

Under current EU rules, we can return economic migrants to their home country after 6 months if they fail to find any work. But we chose not to enact this.

People with terrorist links can also be denied entry into our country.

Look my friend, there are plenty of foreigners who get convicted in the courts in this country, but are not sent packing back to their own countries.

And you say we chose not to enact sending economic migrants home ? Maybe that's because there are so many of them.
Brexit boom on 16:46 - Jul 21 with 1425 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 04:59 - Jul 21 by Humpty

And this is what has worried me. The brexiteers are now repeating Trumpian nonsense. Anything they don't like is fake news. MABA!.

Sad. Bigly sad!

It is fake news my friend.
Brexit boom on 16:50 - Jul 21 with 1424 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 09:45 - Jul 21 by Humpty

The EU is going to flood us with Eurocriminals. Out of spite.

I read it here. Or the Express. I can't remember. But they are. Believe me.

One undesirable is enough.
How would being in control of our own borders, be a bad thing ?.
Brexit boom on 17:24 - Jul 21 with 1411 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 12:33 - Jul 21 by Highjack

How many of the regulations we were apparently "force fed" do you think the UK didn't want?

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit boom on 22:22 - Jul 21 with 1367 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 04:46 - Jul 21 by Swans777

Ok my friend. We have now established what you said is complete nonsense. Thanks for admitting that.
As for a shame, far from it. We Brits will still be able to travel in Europe as we do throughout the rest of the world. I can jump on a plane and go to almost any country in the world, as long as I have the correct visas in place and I'm not a someone with a criminal record. This will be the case traveling into the EU, post Brexit (without the visa).
So my question to you is , where is the problem ? You will still be able to travel and if you have the correct skills be able to work in the EU, like you already can with countries outside the EU.
And the other side of the coin is, we will be able to say who can come in to the United Kingdom and who can't. (Foreign criminal, economic migrants, people with known terrorist links, etc, all of whom we can't stop arriving in the U.K. at the moment.)
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 4:52]

Ok my friend- sorry for the late reply.

Your first paragraph- childish playground yah boo nonsense.

Second paragraph- nobody is suggesting that freedom of travel will be restricted by Brexit.

Your question- What is the problem?

At the moment any UK citizen can get a job in the EU without going through any bureaucratic hurdles whatsoever. No waiting for an application to go to an authority to decide whether there is an EU citizen who is better qualified. Students can apply for any course at a University or Higher Ed institute in the EU - no bureaucracy. The EU is also about to encourage exchanges of apprentices by funding them through the Erasmus programme. You can buy a house anywhere in EU - no bureaucracy. I could go on - healthcare etc.

Foreign criminals? Well Spain will be able to refuse permits from the Essex milieu after Brexit so I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. You have a point there. I admit it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit boom on 22:39 - Jul 21 with 1345 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 16:44 - Jul 21 by Swans777

Look my friend, there are plenty of foreigners who get convicted in the courts in this country, but are not sent packing back to their own countries.

And you say we chose not to enact sending economic migrants home ? Maybe that's because there are so many of them.

Studies have shown that the offending rate for EU nationals is no different than for UK-born people. People commit crimes for reasons other than where they come from. But why bring truth into it, eh?
Brexit boom on 22:45 - Jul 21 with 1340 viewsploppy

Brexit boom on 22:22 - Jul 21 by longlostjack

Second paragraph- nobody is suggesting that freedom of travel will be restricted by Brexit.

At the moment any UK citizen can get a job in the EU without going through any bureaucratic hurdles whatsoever. No waiting for an application to go to an authority to decide whether there is an EU citizen who is better qualified. Students can apply for any course at a University or Higher Ed institute in the EU - no bureaucracy. The EU is also about to encourage exchanges of apprentices by funding them through the Erasmus programme. You can buy a house anywhere in EU - no bureaucracy. I could go on - healthcare etc.

Foreign criminals? Well Spain will be able to refuse permits from the Essex milieu after Brexit so I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. You have a point there. I admit it.

Just a comment on your
"No waiting for an application to go to an authority to decide whether there is an EU citizen who is better qualified"

Are you seriously suggesting that currently a company in the EU with a vacancy may take a Brit applicant over a better qualified EU citizen applicant? I would have thought that a company would always take the better qualified person for a job. So in that sense I see no difference "going forward" (hate that phrase but couldn't think of a better one).
Brexit boom on 22:56 - Jul 21 with 1333 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 22:45 - Jul 21 by ploppy

Just a comment on your
"No waiting for an application to go to an authority to decide whether there is an EU citizen who is better qualified"

Are you seriously suggesting that currently a company in the EU with a vacancy may take a Brit applicant over a better qualified EU citizen applicant? I would have thought that a company would always take the better qualified person for a job. So in that sense I see no difference "going forward" (hate that phrase but couldn't think of a better one).

For example if you applied for a job in Germany and you were Brazilian the local job centres would check whether there was anybody on their books from Germany or an EU state who could do the job. They would take priority. Bureaucratic nightmare for the employer who may want the Brazilian and negative for the Brazilian who would love that job in Germany. "Going forward" hate that phrase too ;-) substitute Brazilian for Brit.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 23:02]

Brexit boom on 22:59 - Jul 21 with 1326 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 22:22 - Jul 21 by longlostjack

And just to add to that, we of course have border control now and are able to refuse entry to people if we think they're a threat to public security or health. Wherever they come from.
Brexit boom on 23:02 - Jul 21 with 1324 viewsploppy

Brexit boom on 22:56 - Jul 21 by longlostjack

For example if you applied for a job in Germany and you were Brazilian the local job centres would check whether there was anybody on their books from Germany or an EU state who could do the job. They would take priority. Bureaucratic nightmare for the employer who may want the Brazilian and negative for the Brazilian who would love that job in Germany. "Going forward" hate that phrase too ;-) substitute Brazilian for Brit.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 23:02]

That's how it should be, surely.

BTW, the phrase you used was "better qualified", not "who could do the job".
Brexit boom on 23:04 - Jul 21 with 1320 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 23:02 - Jul 21 by ploppy

That's how it should be, surely.

BTW, the phrase you used was "better qualified", not "who could do the job".

Better qualified is correct - apologies.

Brexit boom on 23:09 - Jul 21 with 1316 viewsploppy

Brexit boom on 23:04 - Jul 21 by longlostjack

Better qualified is correct - apologies.

Why would the German company want the Brazilian/Brit if there was a better qualified EU citizen?
Brexit boom on 23:40 - Jul 21 with 1297 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 23:09 - Jul 21 by ploppy

Why would the German company want the Brazilian/Brit if there was a better qualified EU citizen?

With respect you're missing the point. It's a procedure that the company has to go through with applications from outside the EU.

Brexit boom on 08:53 - Jul 22 with 1236 viewsploppy

Brexit boom on 23:40 - Jul 21 by longlostjack

With respect you're missing the point. It's a procedure that the company has to go through with applications from outside the EU.

I didn't think so but maybe I am. If it's the extra bureaucracy, causing a delay in getting the applicant of your choice because they're from outside the EU, then you could argue that if they want that person badly enough it's worth it. It's the same as a Brit trying to get a job in the US, surely. If they want you badly enough they'll make the effort. I know because I've been through it.
Brexit boom on 09:17 - Jul 22 with 1231 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit boom on 22:59 - Jul 21 by LeonWasGod

And just to add to that, we of course have border control now and are able to refuse entry to people if we think they're a threat to public security or health. Wherever they come from.

Not true hundreds of people from the EU with criminal records enter the UK every month. We also cannot deport EU criminals after they have served their sentence as it breaches their human rights.

Even after BREXIT the EU will refuse the UKs request to do criminal record checks on EU citizens trying to enter the UK.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 9:20]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit boom on 09:33 - Jul 22 with 1226 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 17:24 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

How many of the regulations we were apparently "force fed" do you think the UK didn't want?

Well that's impossible to say really as our elected parliament are unable to have a vote on them as they automatically supersede British law. If our elected parliament were able to reject things handed down by the unelected commission then we may have turned quite a few away but we shall never know.

Brexit boom on 09:39 - Jul 22 with 1225 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 22:39 - Jul 21 by LeonWasGod

Studies have shown that the offending rate for EU nationals is no different than for UK-born people. People commit crimes for reasons other than where they come from. But why bring truth into it, eh?

Absolutely, we have enough scumbags of our own to deal with. It's not an area we need to import from abroad to close a skills gap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024