Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit boom 11:57 - Jul 5 with 35449 viewsr0ckin

Won't tell you this in the express, mail, sun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-service-sector-miss-forecasts

notice eurozone doing very well.

If we said brexit was off the table tomorrow we'd be booming and we'd all be enjoying a pay rise. We are in for a gloomy few years all for nothing. It p1sses me off.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 11:59]

Peace

Brexit boom on 12:09 - Jul 5 with 7658 viewsr0ckin

BTW:

http://www.cityam.com/267647/brexit-regret-country-would-vote-remain-eu-referend

Never. Hold. Another. Referendum.

Peace

Brexit boom on 12:20 - Jul 5 with 7639 viewsHighjack

Have a bit of positivity. Brexit is going to be fantastic.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit boom on 12:28 - Jul 5 with 7624 viewsr0ckin

Brexit boom on 12:20 - Jul 5 by Highjack

Have a bit of positivity. Brexit is going to be fantastic.

When 10,20,30 years time?

Cognitive dissonance is alive and well.

It's sh1te mate, it will become clearer and clearer. As I said if Theresa May announced we're abandoning the whole charade tomorrow, we'd have an economic boom, the pound would surge and a wave of optimism would be unleashed.

Even Dominic Cummings who instrumental in vote leave says he's having regrets. Behind the scenes noone believes in this.

Peace

Brexit boom on 12:38 - Jul 5 with 7601 viewsmagicdaps10

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop!!!

I still intend to live my life whether there is brexit or not or if they discover the world is actually flat. What else do you suggest we do, just all jump off a cliff rather than leave the EU?!

Seriously mate, live your life and enjoy yourself as best as you can.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Brexit boom on 12:47 - Jul 5 with 7586 viewsr0ckin

Brexit boom on 12:38 - Jul 5 by magicdaps10

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop!!!

I still intend to live my life whether there is brexit or not or if they discover the world is actually flat. What else do you suggest we do, just all jump off a cliff rather than leave the EU?!

Well that goes without saying, you're being a tad ridiculous if you don't mind me saying.

Britain is a great Country and we'll always be 'ok' the point is we could be better and this could all be stopped tomorrow.

By giving in you're letting the fools win, we have 18 months to stop this nonsense. I believe in their own small ways if everyone could persuade one person this could be stopped.

If polls show 70:30 to remain that cannot be ignored.

Peace

Brexit boom on 13:33 - Jul 5 with 7521 viewsdickythorpe

A great time to be a fisherman in the UK
Brexit boom on 14:43 - Jul 5 with 7442 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 13:33 - Jul 5 by dickythorpe

A great time to be a fisherman in the UK

how come?
Brexit boom on 14:47 - Jul 5 with 7434 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit boom on 12:38 - Jul 5 by magicdaps10

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop!!!

Wow. That is the ultimate 'give in' post. I am showing my age but have ever heard the song 'three wheels on my wagon' ? ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit boom on 15:04 - Jul 5 with 7414 viewsr0ckin

Brexit boom on 14:47 - Jul 5 by Private_Partz

Wow. That is the ultimate 'give in' post. I am showing my age but have ever heard the song 'three wheels on my wagon' ? ;-)

Isn't it just. The brexiteers moaned for 40 years and remainers are giving in after 5 bloody minutes because of an opinion poll taken at a point in time.

Peace

Brexit boom on 15:08 - Jul 5 with 7402 viewsmagicdaps10

Brexit boom on 15:11 - Jul 5 with 7400 viewsjojaca

Where was the pay prises pre brexit.

Even when you know, you never know?

Brexit boom on 15:19 - Jul 5 with 7385 viewscentrestandswan

For the uninitiated .

Perhaps we should have sung this last season ?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Brexit boom on 15:27 - Jul 5 with 7376 viewsswanforthemoney

Nearly 13 months since the referendum result. 16 months since it was called at which point rudimentary planning could have started. 3 months since article 50 was triggered.
Even now, no one has a clue what is being sought and and what the eventual outcome will be. No one can really say whether the impact will be positive or negative, either in the short or long term TBH.
It really is terrifically incompetent.
For the record, I have a sneaky feeling that it wont actually happen in the end.
Brexit means ...no idea atm.

I stand in the North Stand

Brexit boom on 15:29 - Jul 5 with 7370 viewsmagicdaps10

Brexit boom on 15:27 - Jul 5 by swanforthemoney

Nearly 13 months since the referendum result. 16 months since it was called at which point rudimentary planning could have started. 3 months since article 50 was triggered.
Even now, no one has a clue what is being sought and and what the eventual outcome will be. No one can really say whether the impact will be positive or negative, either in the short or long term TBH.
For the record, I have a sneaky feeling that it wont actually happen in the end.

I have the same thinking as you, i dont think it will happen either.

Brexit boom on 15:45 - Jul 5 with 7352 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 15:27 - Jul 5 by swanforthemoney

The Govt's handling of it so far is a shambles, that's for sure. Be interesting to see what reason they make up for the next delay. Leadership change, another GE...? Who knows, but I'd be surprised if they just crack on with it from here.
Brexit boom on 15:48 - Jul 5 with 7348 viewsr0ckin

Brexit boom on 15:45 - Jul 5 by LeonWasGod

The Govt's handling of it so far is a shambles, that's for sure. Be interesting to see what reason they make up for the next delay. Leadership change, another GE...? Who knows, but I'd be surprised if they just crack on with it from here.

You have to remember most don't want it and those that did really didn't want it either.

The perfect result for them was the other way around to push for reform in Europe and of course for Boris to become PM.

It's an outrage, yet still a large % of the population will not be shaken in their belief we're entering a new golden age. It defies rational logic and is almost fascinating.

Peace

Brexit boom on 15:55 - Jul 5 with 7336 viewsr0ckin

Classic point was the lady from the economist on QT getting booed when she stated a basic fact.

5% loss of trade with EU will need a 30% increase from the rest of the World just to break even.

The average comprehensive trade deal takes around 8-10 years, yet as we're blighty we can do this all in the lifetime of a Parliament.

If your belief is that we'll be better in 10-15 years fair enough say it. But basically we've sacrificed a generation at the alter for a "possible" brighter tomorrow.

Peace

Brexit boom on 16:11 - Jul 5 with 7314 viewsBatterseajack

I'm still non the wiser as to what a good deal would look like.

Since no deal is a cliff edge, what is a bad deal and how is this worse than no deal?

Can someone enlighten me please?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 16:26]
Brexit boom on 16:30 - Jul 5 with 7286 viewsr0ckin

Brexit boom on 16:11 - Jul 5 by Batterseajack

I'm still non the wiser as to what a good deal would look like.

Since no deal is a cliff edge, what is a bad deal and how is this worse than no deal?

Can someone enlighten me please?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 16:26]

A good deal is damage limitation, losing our influence, maintaining some freedoms and losing others.

A bad deal basically means we're in for a long recession and sky high unemployment.

No one wins. Immigration will still be high and we'll still be moaning about stuff that the British Gov/WAG always had control of.

Peace

Brexit boom on 17:08 - Jul 5 with 7239 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 16:30 - Jul 5 by r0ckin

A good deal is damage limitation, losing our influence, maintaining some freedoms and losing others.

A bad deal basically means we're in for a long recession and sky high unemployment.

No one wins. Immigration will still be high and we'll still be moaning about stuff that the British Gov/WAG always had control of.

With all due respect, that's coming from a pessimistic remainer perspective. I'm interested in the opinions of those who have the vision of Brexit being a positive thing for Britain.

Some people were arguing that German car manufactures wouldn't be happy with the EU slapping WTO tariffs on their exports to us, so i guess a good deal could be out of the single market, control of out boarders, control of our own rules on manufacturing but with exception of free trade deal with Europe.
But then other leading remainers suggest that the right deal would be us coming completely out of the EU and on WTO in order to trade freely with the rest of the world. But other proponents of Brexit would say that this is a cliff edge, and the worst possible outcome.

So i'm assuming a bad deal is Brexit in name only where we're out, but have a free trade with EU, but follow their rules and regs, but lose the ability to contribute to the writing of the rules and regs . I guess you could call that a bad deal in that it makes a mockery of the decision to leave, but it probably wouldn't be such a shock to the economy as a no deal.

Where i'm confused is that the cliff edge of dropping out with a no deal is supposedly catastrophic for some industry sectors, yet the cliff edge is what other people would describe as a good deal and something we have to be prepared to take on should the EU not want to give us their tariff free exports.

Have i got this right? If not, feel free to put it right.
Brexit boom on 17:43 - Jul 5 with 7211 viewsr0ckin

Brexit boom on 17:08 - Jul 5 by Batterseajack

With all due respect, that's coming from a pessimistic remainer perspective. I'm interested in the opinions of those who have the vision of Brexit being a positive thing for Britain.

Some people were arguing that German car manufactures wouldn't be happy with the EU slapping WTO tariffs on their exports to us, so i guess a good deal could be out of the single market, control of out boarders, control of our own rules on manufacturing but with exception of free trade deal with Europe.
But then other leading remainers suggest that the right deal would be us coming completely out of the EU and on WTO in order to trade freely with the rest of the world. But other proponents of Brexit would say that this is a cliff edge, and the worst possible outcome.

So i'm assuming a bad deal is Brexit in name only where we're out, but have a free trade with EU, but follow their rules and regs, but lose the ability to contribute to the writing of the rules and regs . I guess you could call that a bad deal in that it makes a mockery of the decision to leave, but it probably wouldn't be such a shock to the economy as a no deal.

Where i'm confused is that the cliff edge of dropping out with a no deal is supposedly catastrophic for some industry sectors, yet the cliff edge is what other people would describe as a good deal and something we have to be prepared to take on should the EU not want to give us their tariff free exports.

Mate, I know I'm biased but I've asked this question several times and never get a response. Try to get anything other than platitudes and you deserve a medal.

Peace

Brexit boom on 17:44 - Jul 5 with 7208 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 17:08 - Jul 5 by Batterseajack

Your 'good deal' isn't possible. This was the harder brexit position or Boris' 'having our cake and eating it' suggestion. We can't have free trade with the EU without accepting the principles of freedom of movement of people and goods and services. Or at least not unless the EU changes its position on this (very unlikely) or disappears (probably more likely, but still unlikely).

A 'good deal' is hard to quantify imo as it means different things to different people.

And my train's just got in so I'll have to leave it there for now!
Brexit boom on 18:29 - Jul 5 with 7147 viewsJango

Brexit boom on 15:48 - Jul 5 by r0ckin

You have to remember most don't want it and those that did really didn't want it either.

The perfect result for them was the other way around to push for reform in Europe and of course for Boris to become PM.

It's an outrage, yet still a large % of the population will not be shaken in their belief we're entering a new golden age. It defies rational logic and is almost fascinating.

If most didn't want it then how come brexit is happening? It's getting very boring now the constant moaning from remainers. It hasn't happened yet so you have no clue how it's gonna go. Those who voted to leave did so knowing it would be a number of years before we reaped the benefits. Claiming to know the outcome at this stage is just being deluded.
Brexit boom on 18:33 - Jul 5 with 7133 viewsWarwickHunt

Brexit boom on 18:29 - Jul 5 by Jango

If most didn't want it then how come brexit is happening? It's getting very boring now the constant moaning from remainers. It hasn't happened yet so you have no clue how it's gonna go. Those who voted to leave did so knowing it would be a number of years before we reaped the benefits. Claiming to know the outcome at this stage is just being deluded.

The clues are there already. In spades.

Brexit means - clusterfûck.
Brexit boom on 18:41 - Jul 5 with 7126 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit boom on 18:29 - Jul 5 by Jango

Brilliant.

We know brexit is brexit.
We know we need the best possible deal for Britain.
We know we need a red, white, and blue brexit.
We know no deal is better than a bad deal (although if course no deal is the worst possible bad deal)
We know Scotland wants indyref2 due to brexit.
We know NI is facing the troubles again due to brecit.
We know a civil service swamped doing brexit wont do anything else.
We know finance jobs are leaving London.
We know the pound has bombed.
We know the NHS gets no £350 million.
We know Wales gets feck all to compensate for lost EU monies.

Its the car crash it was always going to be.
The feckwits were deliberately misled.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024