Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit boom 11:57 - Jul 5 with 35444 viewsr0ckin

Won't tell you this in the express, mail, sun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-service-sector-miss-forecasts

notice eurozone doing very well.

If we said brexit was off the table tomorrow we'd be booming and we'd all be enjoying a pay rise. We are in for a gloomy few years all for nothing. It p1sses me off.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 11:59]

Peace

Brexit boom on 17:45 - Jul 20 with 1640 viewsmax936

Brexit boom on 17:35 - Jul 20 by exiledclaseboy

You're very strident this afternoon, Steve. Are you having a bad day?

Fed up of us having to take it up the jacksey and virtually just accepting it Andrew, Europe to me seem like an Ex trying to extract every last penny off you and more.

Not that its happened to me or anyone I know, but we've all heard the stories.

Not having a bad day though, its been quite pleasant so far
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 17:47]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brexit boom on 18:53 - Jul 20 with 1615 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 17:29 - Jul 20 by max936

And here's yet another one they're trying

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/britons-living-in-europe-could-lose-right-t

Fine we'll send back all their lot back as well, afterall these things work both ways, well you'd think anyway. not that they are a bunch of bitter bastards or anything mind fuking hell, no doubt there'll be at least one on here that'll support their motion though.

They're not really trying it on though are they? They've said they'd like reciprocal agreements so that EU and UK citizens in the EU have the same movement rights. To not have that is divisive. But the to have it is divisive too, as EU citizens here and UK citizens in the EU will have more rights than the rest of us.

It's a bit of a f*ck up.
Brexit boom on 22:02 - Jul 20 with 1585 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 18:53 - Jul 20 by LeonWasGod

They're not really trying it on though are they? They've said they'd like reciprocal agreements so that EU and UK citizens in the EU have the same movement rights. To not have that is divisive. But the to have it is divisive too, as EU citizens here and UK citizens in the EU will have more rights than the rest of us.

It's a bit of a f*ck up.

Exactly. It's the UK that wants to change the rules not the EU. It's the UK that wants to leave the club. We can't then whinge if the changes have the same impact on UK nationals. Why the hell would the EU agree to restrictions on free movement for their members but make an exception for UK citizens?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 22:06]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit boom on 23:00 - Jul 20 with 1567 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 22:02 - Jul 20 by longlostjack

Exactly. It's the UK that wants to change the rules not the EU. It's the UK that wants to leave the club. We can't then whinge if the changes have the same impact on UK nationals. Why the hell would the EU agree to restrictions on free movement for their members but make an exception for UK citizens?

Who has said the UK wants free movement for its people ?. Did you make that up, or are you believing a fake news story ?.
We are leaving the EU and I think people need to accept this and get behind the country, instead of the constant nonsense we hear on a daily basis.
Brexit boom on 23:12 - Jul 20 with 1559 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 23:00 - Jul 20 by Swans777

Who has said the UK wants free movement for its people ?. Did you make that up, or are you believing a fake news story ?.
We are leaving the EU and I think people need to accept this and get behind the country, instead of the constant nonsense we hear on a daily basis.

Perhaps they don't and it's a giveaway to appease the little Englanders. Shame for the next generation though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit boom on 00:11 - Jul 21 with 1535 viewsPozuelosSideys

As far as im aware on reading whats been released on this, the EU wants the ECJ to have jurisdiction over its citizens in the UK. Thats just not workable and an absolute red line. It makes absolutely no sense.

UK citizens in the EU should and will be under the jurisdiction of the ECJ. Ive not read anywhere that the UK expects jurisdiction in the EU?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Brexit boom on 04:46 - Jul 21 with 1510 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 23:12 - Jul 20 by longlostjack

Perhaps they don't and it's a giveaway to appease the little Englanders. Shame for the next generation though.

Ok my friend. We have now established what you said is complete nonsense. Thanks for admitting that.
As for a shame, far from it. We Brits will still be able to travel in Europe as we do throughout the rest of the world. I can jump on a plane and go to almost any country in the world, as long as I have the correct visas in place and I'm not a someone with a criminal record. This will be the case traveling into the EU, post Brexit (without the visa).
So my question to you is , where is the problem ? You will still be able to travel and if you have the correct skills be able to work in the EU, like you already can with countries outside the EU.
And the other side of the coin is, we will be able to say who can come in to the United Kingdom and who can't. (Foreign criminal, economic migrants, people with known terrorist links, etc, all of whom we can't stop arriving in the U.K. at the moment.)
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 4:52]
Brexit boom on 04:59 - Jul 21 with 1505 viewsHumpty

Brexit boom on 23:00 - Jul 20 by Swans777

And this is what has worried me. The brexiteers are now repeating Trumpian nonsense. Anything they don't like is fake news. MABA!.

Sad. Bigly sad!
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit boom on 05:28 - Jul 21 with 1494 viewsHumpty

Brexit boom on 04:46 - Jul 21 by Swans777

Ok my friend. We have now established what you said is complete nonsense. Thanks for admitting that.
As for a shame, far from it. We Brits will still be able to travel in Europe as we do throughout the rest of the world. I can jump on a plane and go to almost any country in the world, as long as I have the correct visas in place and I'm not a someone with a criminal record. This will be the case traveling into the EU, post Brexit (without the visa).
So my question to you is , where is the problem ? You will still be able to travel and if you have the correct skills be able to work in the EU, like you already can with countries outside the EU.
And the other side of the coin is, we will be able to say who can come in to the United Kingdom and who can't. (Foreign criminal, economic migrants, people with known terrorist links, etc, all of whom we can't stop arriving in the U.K. at the moment.)

So there we have it.

We can still go on holiday but we will stop all the nasty people coming in. Simplistic nonsense repeated by simple people.

We'll f*ck up our economy just to make Daily Mail readers happy because they think all the brown people will stop coming here. And if you disagree with anything I say it must be fake news.

FFS people. Please don't go down America's road. We will hurt ourselves just to pacify idiots.

Fake news FFS. Because it didn't agree with my worldview. Let's not go there. We have proper news. Let's not let the idiots destroy it.
Brexit boom on 09:29 - Jul 21 with 1468 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 04:46 - Jul 21 by Swans777

Yet more lies and misstruths.

Foreign Criminals can be denied entry into our country. But the reason they're allowed in is because our Boarder Force is understaffed and not aware they entered the country, hardly the EU's fault.

Under current EU rules, we can return economic migrants to their home country after 6 months if they fail to find any work. But we chose not to enact this.

People with terrorist links can also be denied entry into our country.
Brexit boom on 09:32 - Jul 21 with 1465 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 22:02 - Jul 20 by longlostjack

It's not really though is it ? The UK signed up to a very EU than the current model and now when the UK public were given a choice to remain or leave in this model.

We voted leave as is our right now the EU are out to screw us and more worryingly huge numbers of uk people are actually cheering them on to do so

How strange
Brexit boom on 09:37 - Jul 21 with 1458 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 09:32 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

It's not really though is it ? The UK signed up to a very EU than the current model and now when the UK public were given a choice to remain or leave in this model.

We voted leave as is our right now the EU are out to screw us and more worryingly huge numbers of uk people are actually cheering them on to do so

How strange

On what exactly do you think the EU is screwing us over?
Brexit boom on 09:40 - Jul 21 with 1455 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 09:37 - Jul 21 by Batterseajack

Not allowing us to check migrants from the eu criminal records for one

Or are you comfortable with convicted paedophiles, rapists etc being allowed entry to the uk with out police forces being aware they are here?
Brexit boom on 09:44 - Jul 21 with 1452 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The EU has changed the rules many times since we voted to remain in the 70s. The Maastricht and Libson treaties to name but two. These were never voted on or approved by the people of Europe, except Ireland and maybe one or two other countries. If they voted against them they were told to come back with a different answer.
The people have used their democratic right to reject the EU. The EU leaders who are appointed not elected have now invented new rules to try to punish the UK and any other country who wish to exercise their democratic rights. The is the usual response of totalitarian regimes across the world.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit boom on 09:45 - Jul 21 with 1452 viewsHumpty

Brexit boom on 09:37 - Jul 21 by Batterseajack

The EU is going to flood us with Eurocriminals. Out of spite.

I read it here. Or the Express. I can't remember. But they are. Believe me.
Brexit boom on 09:46 - Jul 21 with 1452 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 09:40 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

Not allowing us to check migrants from the eu criminal records for one

Or are you comfortable with convicted paedophiles, rapists etc being allowed entry to the uk with out police forces being aware they are here?

I know its the guardian, but have a quick read if you want to learn more on the subject

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/mar/29/eu-dangerous-crim

"Q: But what about the 50 cases of murderers and rapists cited by Vote Leave? Why weren’t they refused entry?

A:The most likely reason is that the UK Border Force was not aware of their criminal convictions when they entered Britain. The worst case cited in the dossier is that of Arnis Zalkalns, a Latvian builder who, having been jailed in his home country for murdering his wife, moved to Britain in 2007 before allegedly murdering 14-year-old Alice Gross in west London.

He came to London before EU laws on sharing information relating to criminal records came into effect in 2012. The limited measure focuses mainly on telling EU member states when one of their citizens has committed an offence abroad, but it may have flagged up Zalkalns before he arrived.

The problem is that the sharing of information regarding criminal convictions across Europe is still at a rudimentary stage. If someone is high profile, has committed serious crimes in several countries, or is on Europol’s wanted list, they are likely to be on the UK Border Force warning list database.

Countries such as Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal flag up potentially dangerous people so that they can be turned away at the border, but some EU states do not yet have the capacity to do this. EU membership means that Britain has access to the Schengen II database, which has details of 250,000 wanted or missing suspects across Europe. The flow of foreign fighters returning from Syria has extended the EU databases tracking their movements."
Brexit boom on 09:47 - Jul 21 with 1449 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 09:46 - Jul 21 by Batterseajack

I know its the guardian, but have a quick read if you want to learn more on the subject

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/mar/29/eu-dangerous-crim

"Q: But what about the 50 cases of murderers and rapists cited by Vote Leave? Why weren’t they refused entry?

A:The most likely reason is that the UK Border Force was not aware of their criminal convictions when they entered Britain. The worst case cited in the dossier is that of Arnis Zalkalns, a Latvian builder who, having been jailed in his home country for murdering his wife, moved to Britain in 2007 before allegedly murdering 14-year-old Alice Gross in west London.

He came to London before EU laws on sharing information relating to criminal records came into effect in 2012. The limited measure focuses mainly on telling EU member states when one of their citizens has committed an offence abroad, but it may have flagged up Zalkalns before he arrived.

The problem is that the sharing of information regarding criminal convictions across Europe is still at a rudimentary stage. If someone is high profile, has committed serious crimes in several countries, or is on Europol’s wanted list, they are likely to be on the UK Border Force warning list database.

Countries such as Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal flag up potentially dangerous people so that they can be turned away at the border, but some EU states do not yet have the capacity to do this. EU membership means that Britain has access to the Schengen II database, which has details of 250,000 wanted or missing suspects across Europe. The flow of foreign fighters returning from Syria has extended the EU databases tracking their movements."

Your quoting an article from 2016. I'm quoting from the BBC news last night when the topic was raised

I don't need the guardian to do my research for me thanks sir :)
Brexit boom on 09:52 - Jul 21 with 1438 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 09:47 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

Your quoting an article from 2016. I'm quoting from the BBC news last night when the topic was raised

I don't need the guardian to do my research for me thanks sir :)

Well i guess out means out. Quelle surprise!
Brexit boom on 09:56 - Jul 21 with 1433 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 09:52 - Jul 21 by Batterseajack

Well i guess out means out. Quelle surprise!

I'm not fussed either way tbh

There are pro's and cons to being in and being out of the EU.

However the result was out and we should respect and stick to it
Brexit boom on 10:25 - Jul 21 with 1420 viewsthe_oracle

And still the good news continues. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/21/brexit-banking-exodus-ther

Last night on Newsnight we were told we had nothing in place to deal with the various areas of law and trade we will be leaving. The bloke who used to be a UK/EU negotiator said there was no time to put in place anything remotely like we currently have in place through EU law that will suit the EU. This will adversely affect trade and bring areas, such as aviation to a halt.
Brexit boom on 10:27 - Jul 21 with 1417 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 10:25 - Jul 21 by the_oracle

And still the good news continues. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/21/brexit-banking-exodus-ther

Last night on Newsnight we were told we had nothing in place to deal with the various areas of law and trade we will be leaving. The bloke who used to be a UK/EU negotiator said there was no time to put in place anything remotely like we currently have in place through EU law that will suit the EU. This will adversely affect trade and bring areas, such as aviation to a halt.

I'm pretty sure current nations who are not in the eu have an aviation industry ??
Brexit boom on 10:47 - Jul 21 with 1410 viewsthe_oracle

Brexit boom on 10:27 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

I'm pretty sure current nations who are not in the eu have an aviation industry ??

He said that EU law covers areas like for instance " aviation safety, accreditation for service operations for planes" We will have to set up new agencies to cover this, train staff etc to mirror what we had in EU. This will not be done by 2019. Ask your self why has RyanAir has already begun setting up operations on mainland Europe?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/former-eu-negotiator-mays-government-has-handled-b
Brexit boom on 10:54 - Jul 21 with 1401 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 10:47 - Jul 21 by the_oracle

He said that EU law covers areas like for instance " aviation safety, accreditation for service operations for planes" We will have to set up new agencies to cover this, train staff etc to mirror what we had in EU. This will not be done by 2019. Ask your self why has RyanAir has already begun setting up operations on mainland Europe?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/former-eu-negotiator-mays-government-has-handled-b

Cos planes fall out of the sky all the time in non eu nations like Aus and New Zealand??
Brexit boom on 11:08 - Jul 21 with 1392 viewsthe_oracle

Brexit boom on 10:54 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

Cos planes fall out of the sky all the time in non eu nations like Aus and New Zealand??

No. They have agencies in place that meet EU rules. We do not. You are silent on the banks departing. I am sure you can tell us how we are going to replace the tax revenue lost.
Brexit boom on 11:12 - Jul 21 with 1390 viewsMarinaJack

Brexit boom on 11:08 - Jul 21 by the_oracle

No. They have agencies in place that meet EU rules. We do not. You are silent on the banks departing. I am sure you can tell us how we are going to replace the tax revenue lost.

so now the corporate banks are the good guys?

aren't a load of banks based in places like Switzerland ?

are they in the eu ? not to my knowledge ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024