Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit boom 11:57 - Jul 5 with 35282 viewsr0ckin

Won't tell you this in the express, mail, sun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-service-sector-miss-forecasts

notice eurozone doing very well.

If we said brexit was off the table tomorrow we'd be booming and we'd all be enjoying a pay rise. We are in for a gloomy few years all for nothing. It p1sses me off.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 11:59]

Peace

Brexit boom on 21:05 - Jul 7 with 1819 viewsSwans777

The Rubicon has been crossed, guys.
There'll be no turning back.
Brexit boom on 22:06 - Jul 7 with 1791 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 16:29 - Jul 7 by Batterseajack

It becomes self for filling once they got elected. Instead of representing the UK's interests in Europe, participating in the rules that govern us, they sabotaged it by not getting involved, then coming back to our shores complaining that the UK was not being represented properly in Europe. Well no sh!t!

Still our fishermen should be better off or something

At one time I thought that the only possible beneficiary from this Brexit farce could actually be the fishermen. But then there were the trawler owners - the maritime equivalent of the grain farmers from East Anglia - bloody hypocrites.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/britains-fishy-role-in-the-quota-hopping-sc

Edit: That article is 20 years old but was what they were talking about there at the time. Remember a trawlerman complaining about the owner selling out to the Spanish.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:12]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit boom on 22:11 - Jul 7 with 1783 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 22:06 - Jul 7 by longlostjack

At one time I thought that the only possible beneficiary from this Brexit farce could actually be the fishermen. But then there were the trawler owners - the maritime equivalent of the grain farmers from East Anglia - bloody hypocrites.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/britains-fishy-role-in-the-quota-hopping-sc

Edit: That article is 20 years old but was what they were talking about there at the time. Remember a trawlerman complaining about the owner selling out to the Spanish.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:12]

The only beneficiaries from Brexit is the fishermen you say.
Totally clueless.
Brexit boom on 22:22 - Jul 7 with 1775 viewsSPboy

Brexit boom on 18:41 - Jul 5 by Kilkennyjack

Brilliant.

We know brexit is brexit.
We know we need the best possible deal for Britain.
We know we need a red, white, and blue brexit.
We know no deal is better than a bad deal (although if course no deal is the worst possible bad deal)
We know Scotland wants indyref2 due to brexit.
We know NI is facing the troubles again due to brecit.
We know a civil service swamped doing brexit wont do anything else.
We know finance jobs are leaving London.
We know the pound has bombed.
We know the NHS gets no £350 million.
We know Wales gets feck all to compensate for lost EU monies.

Its the car crash it was always going to be.
The feckwits were deliberately misled.

Positive things happen to positive people ... good luck mate you're gonna need it !!
Brexit boom on 22:26 - Jul 7 with 1771 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 22:11 - Jul 7 by Swans777

Totally clueless.

Not even sure that UK fisheries will benefit - but remind me - who will benefit from Brexit?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:27]

Brexit boom on 22:31 - Jul 7 with 1765 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 22:22 - Jul 7 by SPboy

Positive things happen to positive people ... good luck mate you're gonna need it !!

And there you go folks, go to bed thinking positive thoughts and it will all work out fine in the morning! 🍻 😴
Brexit boom on 22:32 - Jul 7 with 1763 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit boom on 22:11 - Jul 7 by Swans777

Totally clueless.

I'm clueless, who else will benefit?
Brexit boom on 22:48 - Jul 7 with 1742 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 22:26 - Jul 7 by longlostjack

Not even sure that UK fisheries will benefit - but remind me - who will benefit from Brexit?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 22:27]

Well in the industry that I work in, power stations, oil refineries, many skilled tradesmen have been under cut, through globalism, which is at the heart of the EU.
So personally I will benefit from Brexit and so will many other skilled tradesmen throughout the country.
And instead of bringing cheap labour from Eastern Europe, companies will now need to offer more apprenticeships to British youngsters, something that they have ignored to do, because they could just bring in foreign labour.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit boom on 23:49 - Jul 7 with 1713 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 22:48 - Jul 7 by Swans777

Well in the industry that I work in, power stations, oil refineries, many skilled tradesmen have been under cut, through globalism, which is at the heart of the EU.
So personally I will benefit from Brexit and so will many other skilled tradesmen throughout the country.
And instead of bringing cheap labour from Eastern Europe, companies will now need to offer more apprenticeships to British youngsters, something that they have ignored to do, because they could just bring in foreign labour.

Skilled tradesmen don't get undercut in Germany or Sweden because they have tariff agreements in place. You're talking about a UK problem that has less to do with the EU than the bloody Tories who insist on deregulation. Oh and the German apprenticeship system continues to thrive. Reality is that it's a UK self made problem. You bang on and blame Johnny Foreigner instead of the real culprits.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 0:02]

Brexit boom on 05:46 - Jul 8 with 1672 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 23:49 - Jul 7 by longlostjack

Skilled tradesmen don't get undercut in Germany or Sweden because they have tariff agreements in place. You're talking about a UK problem that has less to do with the EU than the bloody Tories who insist on deregulation. Oh and the German apprenticeship system continues to thrive. Reality is that it's a UK self made problem. You bang on and blame Johnny Foreigner instead of the real culprits.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 0:02]

What do you mean tariff agreements in place ? Do you mean like the blue book agreement that is in place in this country ?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 11:06]
Brexit boom on 06:43 - Jul 8 with 1654 viewsjack247

I voted remain. We lost, that's it. Bitching and moaning over it is just bitching and moaning.
Brexit boom on 08:50 - Jul 8 with 1635 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit boom on 22:22 - Jul 7 by SPboy

Thanks mate.

Any room left in that sand so i can bury my head alongside yours...? 😎

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit boom on 08:58 - Jul 8 with 1633 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 05:46 - Jul 8 by Swans777

What do you mean tariff agreements in place ? Do you mean like the blue book agreement that is in place in this country ?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 11:06]

Similar but in France Germany and Sweden agreements reached between Unions and Employers are extended to include non members and are binding on firms that did not directly sign up to the agreement. In other words they are far more wide ranging.

Brexit boom on 09:58 - Jul 8 with 1617 viewsLeonWasGod

I wonder whether a return to the halcyon days of a vast small-boat fishing fleet is a pipe dream.

- We need quotas to manage stock levels. If not EU ones, there will be significant pressures on the UK govt to have them
- The fishing fleet as a whole (UK & EU registered boats in UK) has shrunk, not UK boats at the expense of EU ones.
- And, critically, EU boats already take very little from our waters than UK registered boats, so excluding EU boats will make little difference (Gove's recent stunt to withdraw from the London fisheries convention, is just that - a stunt. It'll have little practical effect apparently).

It's not something I've got any detailed knowledge of, but in layman's terms I've yet to see an explanation of how UK fishing industry is going to be revived.
Brexit boom on 10:05 - Jul 8 with 1612 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 22:48 - Jul 7 by Swans777

Sounds good in principle, but I wonder what pressure the construction industry will place on the government to access cheaper labour from abroad. We've seen agricultural businesses gain promises of cheaper labour from overseas already. I can't see construction companies losing cheap labour without a fight.

And Davies has already said immigration won't be reduced in the foreseeable, as companies want the workers.

And iof course, with no EU oversight / stability, our labour market conditions will be changing regularly depending on the colour of government in Westminster.

It seems that there are too many unknowns at this point in time to know whether this will be good news or not for UK construction workers. F*ck knows what's going to happen.

PS - I don't think globalisation is going away any time soon. The EU were the wrong target for a protest against that. We'll be needing more foreign investment/ ownership and international trading arrangements, not less.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 10:09]
Brexit boom on 11:09 - Jul 8 with 1581 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 08:58 - Jul 8 by longlostjack

Similar but in France Germany and Sweden agreements reached between Unions and Employers are extended to include non members and are binding on firms that did not directly sign up to the agreement. In other words they are far more wide ranging.

What do you mean by non members ? Have you worked under the blue book ?
Brexit boom on 11:12 - Jul 8 with 1575 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 10:05 - Jul 8 by LeonWasGod

Sounds good in principle, but I wonder what pressure the construction industry will place on the government to access cheaper labour from abroad. We've seen agricultural businesses gain promises of cheaper labour from overseas already. I can't see construction companies losing cheap labour without a fight.

And Davies has already said immigration won't be reduced in the foreseeable, as companies want the workers.

And iof course, with no EU oversight / stability, our labour market conditions will be changing regularly depending on the colour of government in Westminster.

It seems that there are too many unknowns at this point in time to know whether this will be good news or not for UK construction workers. F*ck knows what's going to happen.

PS - I don't think globalisation is going away any time soon. The EU were the wrong target for a protest against that. We'll be needing more foreign investment/ ownership and international trading arrangements, not less.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 10:09]

Globalisation = living standards going down.
Brexit should just be the start of the fight against globalisation.
The UK needs to educate and train its own people and not leave them live in relative poverty, just to satisfy the globalist.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 11:17]
Brexit boom on 13:20 - Jul 8 with 1541 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit boom on 11:12 - Jul 8 by Swans777

The UK needs to educate and train its own people and not leave them live in relative poverty, just to satisfy the globalist.

Globalisation is not an option, its with us all now.
Its digital and it links the people irrespective of politicians and MSM.
Its really abound how we all make the most of it.

You might as well try to stop the tide coming in.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit boom on 13:40 - Jul 8 with 1534 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 11:12 - Jul 8 by Swans777

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure it's a Brexit issue. The trouble is that the govt encourages private ownership (often foreign) for profit and therefore the shareholder always comes first. Private investment generates jobs but they'll always want to cut costs and take out profit for the shareholders (with the related issues of foreign ownership taking profits out of the UK and large companies avoiding tax).

I can't see that changing after Brexit - it's in the Tories dna (and new Labour and Lib Dems). The EU don't control our investment/business strategy. So we'll just get the same unless the govt changes.

Corbyn may have been offering an alternative model, but lots of people scoffed at him.
Brexit boom on 14:04 - Jul 8 with 1528 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 11:09 - Jul 8 by Swans777

What do you mean by non members ? Have you worked under the blue book ?

Non members as in Unions and Employers.
No.

Brexit boom on 14:16 - Jul 8 with 1520 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 06:43 - Jul 8 by jack247

I voted remain. We lost, that's it. Bitching and moaning over it is just bitching and moaning.

They're well within their rights to complain and oppose it. But you're right they need to be a bit less whiny because it grates on you after a while.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit boom on 14:19 - Jul 8 with 1514 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 06:43 - Jul 8 by jack247

But that's not "it" though. Not by a long way.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit boom on 14:22 - Jul 8 with 1511 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 14:16 - Jul 8 by Highjack

They're well within their rights to complain and oppose it. But you're right they need to be a bit less whiny because it grates on you after a while.

How can you text in a less whiny way?

Brexit boom on 14:24 - Jul 8 with 1508 viewsjack247

Brexit boom on 14:19 - Jul 8 by exiledclaseboy

But that's not "it" though. Not by a long way.

Yeah sorry, badly worded.

That's 'it' in terms of getting the vote overruled.
Brexit boom on 14:29 - Jul 8 with 1504 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 14:24 - Jul 8 by jack247

Yeah sorry, badly worded.

That's 'it' in terms of getting the vote overruled.

I'm not convinced that's the case either. I think there'd be a very strong case for a second referendum when we know the details of the withdrawal agreement and/or the future relationship deal. That way everyone would be voting with full knowledge of what leaving the EU actually means, which wasn't the case the first time round. By then it would be knocking on for three years since the first vote.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024