Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit boom 11:57 - Jul 5 with 34605 viewsr0ckin

Won't tell you this in the express, mail, sun

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-service-sector-miss-forecasts

notice eurozone doing very well.

If we said brexit was off the table tomorrow we'd be booming and we'd all be enjoying a pay rise. We are in for a gloomy few years all for nothing. It p1sses me off.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 11:59]

Peace

Brexit boom on 17:13 - Jul 8 with 2105 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 17:08 - Jul 8 by Private_Partz

A guy can dream eh? ;-) I don't agree about the riots either. I can't see the blue rinses and the elderly taking to the streets in their wheelchairs in any great numbers. We have moved a long way from 'Brexit means Brexit'. It is now 'Soft Brexit' . Even that is a pipe dream imho as the EU will make damn sure we are worse off regardless. Also very few believe the Chinese, Indians and Trump are going to save us.
I agree we are out though. I predict we will all go down Swanny and live to regret it for generations to come.

You watch to much of the bbc.
Why don't you sell up and leave.
If the eu gives us a bad deal, let's give them one. Don't we buy more from them , than they buy from us ?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 17:15]
Brexit boom on 17:21 - Jul 8 with 2087 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit boom on 17:13 - Jul 8 by Swans777

You watch to much of the bbc.
Why don't you sell up and leave.
If the eu gives us a bad deal, let's give them one. Don't we buy more from them , than they buy from us ?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 17:15]

And you read too much of the Daily Mail. ;-) You have obviously not seen my previous posts about selling up. Unfortunately it will probably be the ROI now rather than Dumfries and Galloway which will make it more difficult to watch my beloved Swans :-(
I will leave you and your apprentices to enjoy your short term gains cause Brexit ain't happened yet...

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brexit boom on 17:23 - Jul 8 with 2083 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 17:21 - Jul 8 by Private_Partz

And you read too much of the Daily Mail. ;-) You have obviously not seen my previous posts about selling up. Unfortunately it will probably be the ROI now rather than Dumfries and Galloway which will make it more difficult to watch my beloved Swans :-(
I will leave you and your apprentices to enjoy your short term gains cause Brexit ain't happened yet...

Yes that's correct Brexit hasn't happened yet, but you are acting like you've just seen the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
I hope you and your family are very happy in the ROI.
Brexit boom on 17:26 - Jul 8 with 2076 viewslonglostjack

Brexit boom on 17:10 - Jul 8 by Swans777

Just like every worker and every company in the U.K. then. If a worker or company in the U.K. Doesn't work to a local agreement, they still have to work to U.K. Legislation.
Or do you think that some companies operate outside of U.K. Legislation?

Of course they have to work to UK legislation ! Jesus head and brick wall come to mind! 'I'm out of this. Suggest you try and work out the difference between statutory laws and the scope of collective agreements yourself. Oh and you are basically against globalization though surprisingly Trumpet a free trade deal with the US as a triumph of Brexit? How does that work? On second thoughts don't bother.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit boom on 17:29 - Jul 8 with 2070 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit boom on 17:23 - Jul 8 by Swans777

Yes that's correct Brexit hasn't happened yet, but you are acting like you've just seen the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
I hope you and your family are very happy in the ROI.

Thanks very much. It will be a bind to watch the Swans. I was hoping for an away season ticket. Bloody ferrys and aircraft don't come cheaply.
Apocalypse? Not quite but Austerity with knobs on and hundreds of thousand of jobs moving back to continental Europe is not a pretty picture for our children and grandchildren to look forward to.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brexit boom on 17:39 - Jul 8 with 2059 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 16:54 - Jul 8 by Private_Partz

I don't. I call for a General Election and the whole sodding self serving Tory inspired cock up of a referendum to be ignored.
Those that want out can vote UKIP. After all FArage and co can not make a worse job if it than the Maybot and Complacent Davis are currently doing.
Referenda should never see the light of day again.

Another GE isn't gonna change much when you consider that corbyn and labours official policy is that we are leaving the EU.

They aren't going to simply ignore it, especially when you consider Corby and Macca are hardcore lifelong euro sceptics.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit boom on 17:54 - Jul 8 with 2047 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit boom on 17:39 - Jul 8 by Highjack

Another GE isn't gonna change much when you consider that corbyn and labours official policy is that we are leaving the EU.

They aren't going to simply ignore it, especially when you consider Corby and Macca are hardcore lifelong euro sceptics.

Good point. As I said before no Party, or politician, is a one size fits all. The hope for me is that if Labour get into power thay will stick to their word and go for a 'jobs first' negotiation. I still think they will get eff all and maybe forced into telling the country the full extent of job losses. This could trigger another back to Country vote. JC said he was 70% in favour of Europe but fully against Trident after all.
That is a very very long shot however. I think we are out.
Don't get me wrong. In a decades time , if I am still pulling in good air, and sitting here in milk and honey with my children in full employment and grandchildren looking forward to a great future I will admit I was wrong.
It is along shot for me that our our inspirational politicians and wonderful business leaders are going to compete with the biggest markets in the world and create massive deals with all the new markets. Even if that happened I would still say it was an effing reckless gamble though ;-)
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 17:55]

Brexit boom on 18:08 - Jul 8 with 2033 viewsHighjack

Brexit boom on 17:54 - Jul 8 by Private_Partz

Good point. As I said before no Party, or politician, is a one size fits all. The hope for me is that if Labour get into power thay will stick to their word and go for a 'jobs first' negotiation. I still think they will get eff all and maybe forced into telling the country the full extent of job losses. This could trigger another back to Country vote. JC said he was 70% in favour of Europe but fully against Trident after all.
That is a very very long shot however. I think we are out.
Don't get me wrong. In a decades time , if I am still pulling in good air, and sitting here in milk and honey with my children in full employment and grandchildren looking forward to a great future I will admit I was wrong.
It is along shot for me that our our inspirational politicians and wonderful business leaders are going to compete with the biggest markets in the world and create massive deals with all the new markets. Even if that happened I would still say it was an effing reckless gamble though ;-)
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 17:55]

Any move to change is a reckless gamble these days. Anything from an off the cuff remark to the queen farting too loudly can send shockwaves through the markets. We'll be demonstrably fine. Hundreds of other countries get along great without being in a political union with Luxembourg and Slovenia. It won't be a land of milk and honey but it also won't be the apocalyptic castastrophe of people dying in the streets whilst crying out "junker please help me".

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit boom on 18:14 - Jul 8 with 2029 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit boom on 18:08 - Jul 8 by Highjack

Any move to change is a reckless gamble these days. Anything from an off the cuff remark to the queen farting too loudly can send shockwaves through the markets. We'll be demonstrably fine. Hundreds of other countries get along great without being in a political union with Luxembourg and Slovenia. It won't be a land of milk and honey but it also won't be the apocalyptic castastrophe of people dying in the streets whilst crying out "junker please help me".

Well it's clearly not "demonstrable" that we'll be fine, in the same way as it's not "demonstrable" that we'll be f*cked.

I do enjoy semantics.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit boom on 18:27 - Jul 8 with 2023 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit boom on 18:14 - Jul 8 by exiledclaseboy

Well it's clearly not "demonstrable" that we'll be fine, in the same way as it's not "demonstrable" that we'll be f*cked.

I do enjoy semantics.

Yeah I agree with that although the latter seems more likely to me. Virtually every financial expert and world leader (Trump and Putin excepted) seem to feel the same way.

Brexit boom on 20:01 - Jul 8 with 1997 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 18:08 - Jul 8 by Highjack

I agree with most of what you say, probably a bit more optimistic though.
The notion that a country like the U.K. Can't stand on it's own two feet is laughable.
Brexit boom on 23:48 - Jul 8 with 1945 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit boom on 17:00 - Jul 8 by Swans777

The rubicon has been crossed my friend.
There is no going back.
The country would descend into chaos if the result was ignored, political figures, would have to live in bunkers.
A simpler solution would be for anyone who really wanted to live in the EU, to sell up and move into an EU country.

If that country was a free Cymru in Ewrop , then fine - and instead you could feck off to little England and live happily ever after in your unregulated, immigrant hating, hell hole of a low wage economy sat off the edge of Europe. Sounds win-win.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit boom on 13:13 - Jul 9 with 1888 viewsr0ckin

I don't believe there should be a second referendum, the Government should collectively come to a decision in the "National Interest" that this is not good for the Country.

Leaders are there to LEAD, now to follow public opinion. That is why we have a Parliamentary democracy.

Peace

Brexit boom on 13:24 - Jul 9 with 1875 viewsr0ckin

http://news.sky.com/story/german-business-bosses-in-post-brexit-trade-warning-fo

Remarkable, how could this be so. I'm sure we were told before the referendum they would bend over backwards to give us a deal.

UK or EU - what comes first to German Industry hmm tough one to foresee there.

Never mind we can do a cobbled together trade deal with Trumpy boy in five minutes which will of course have no repercussions and no downsides.

Peace

Brexit boom on 14:24 - Jul 9 with 1852 viewsBytholWyn

One of the most "pernicious truths", to coin a phrase, that's been bandied around by the Brexiteers all along, are the facts that the likes of Germany and France export more to us than we do to them - and on that basis they have more to lose from a bad Brexit deal than we do. What makes these truths pernicious is that you're comparing chalk and cheese. The only meaningful comparison is between the UK and rEU as a bloc - because that's the trade at stake in the event of a hard Brexit and WTO rules coming into play.

44% of the UK's exports in 2016 went to rEU whereas only 17% of rEUs exports come here in 2014 ( https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/) That 1:2.6 disparity is hardly surprising given that the UK is a market of nearly 66 million people whereas rEU is a market of 440 million, a ratio of about 1:7.

Anyone who thinks that rEU will suffer more than the UK as a result of a hard Brexit is an ignorant fool. Or a Tory. These simple facts underpin everything in the negotiations - and why the only deal we are likely to get is one that is going to be unpalatable to Brexiteers and Remainers alike.

The alternative of course is to become Trump's mini-me. We're already well on our way, and I'm sure that the Tories would love a deepening of our supplicant relationship with the USA.
Brexit boom on 21:37 - Jul 9 with 1794 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 13:13 - Jul 9 by r0ckin

I don't believe there should be a second referendum, the Government should collectively come to a decision in the "National Interest" that this is not good for the Country.

Leaders are there to LEAD, now to follow public opinion. That is why we have a Parliamentary democracy.

A parliamentary democracy that allows a political party to gain 4 million votes and results in one MP.
Rotten to the core.
Brexit boom on 21:47 - Jul 9 with 1789 viewsJack_Meoff

Brexit boom on 21:37 - Jul 9 by Swans777

A parliamentary democracy that allows a political party to gain 4 million votes and results in one MP.
Rotten to the core.

People actually still talk about democracy with a straight face, given our FPTP electoral system. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Brexit boom on 21:53 - Jul 9 with 1779 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 21:47 - Jul 9 by Jack_Meoff

People actually still talk about democracy with a straight face, given our FPTP electoral system. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Spot on my friend, and when we get some real democracy, I.e the referendum and the vote goes the way they dislike, the toys get thrown out of the pram.
Brexit boom on 21:57 - Jul 9 with 1772 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 23:48 - Jul 8 by Kilkennyjack

If that country was a free Cymru in Ewrop , then fine - and instead you could feck off to little England and live happily ever after in your unregulated, immigrant hating, hell hole of a low wage economy sat off the edge of Europe. Sounds win-win.

Cymru voted to leave the EU, my friend, so that may be fine with you , but not fine for the majority.
Brexit boom on 00:42 - Jul 10 with 1738 viewsDJack

Brexit boom on 20:01 - Jul 8 by Swans777

I agree with most of what you say, probably a bit more optimistic though.
The notion that a country like the U.K. Can't stand on it's own two feet is laughable.

Optimistic or deluded? Sobering reading...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-economy-idUKKBN19U10T?il=0

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Brexit boom on 04:45 - Jul 10 with 1721 viewsSwans777

Brexit boom on 00:42 - Jul 10 by DJack

Optimistic or deluded? Sobering reading...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-economy-idUKKBN19U10T?il=0

More nonsense, I'm afraid.
File under, George Osborne's emergency budget and Obama's back of the queue.
Brexit boom on 05:12 - Jul 10 with 1716 viewsHumpty

Brexit boom on 04:45 - Jul 10 by Swans777

More nonsense, I'm afraid.
File under, George Osborne's emergency budget and Obama's back of the queue.

If you're going to call something nonsense it would help if you told us why it is nonsense.

What bits do you disagree with?
Brexit boom on 09:36 - Jul 11 with 1649 viewswestside

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/blogs/george-magnus/the-new-japan-eu-trade-ag

eu and japan doing a trade deal which uk will miss out on and could never do as good itself.
Brexit boom on 11:11 - Jul 11 with 1624 viewsLeonWasGod

Brexit boom on 14:24 - Jul 11 with 1591 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit boom on 21:47 - Jul 9 by Jack_Meoff

The electorate had a referendum to change FPTP in 2011.
The result

The UK has voted overwhelmingly to reject changing the way MPs are elected - dealing a bitter blow to Nick Clegg on top of heavy Lib Dem poll losses.
Officials say 19.1m people voted in the second UK-wide referendum in history - a higher than expected turnout of 41%.
The final result put the Yes vote at 32.1% and the No vote at 67.9%.

That is democracy in action.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024