Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£50M 09:32 - Jul 7 with 4679 viewsshandyjack

If we were too sell on Llorente and DSiggy for £50m+ then surely if invested wisely in the squad we could potentially bulk up 3/4 positions and still be very competetive in the league, no player is irreplacable, we've lost Siggy before and won a trophy, it would leave a big hole that needs filling but won't be the end of the world

N.B. I would be gutted to see him leave, but i believe PC will already have a backup player in mind to sign on the back of Siggy leaving

Poll: Expectation for the season

£50M on 09:36 - Jul 7 with 3971 viewsLeonWasGod

Correct.

"If invested wisely" being a potential concern. Although things have been looking up on that front since January. If we're going to sell to strengthen I think Clement's the guy to rebuild us.
£50M on 09:39 - Jul 7 with 3950 viewsowainglyndwr

We would really need to buy class to replace them 2.
£50M on 09:49 - Jul 7 with 3911 viewslondonlisa2001

If we do sell and free up a lot of money, my hope is that we go back to the days where we used to spend money on a team rather than on individual players with no thought as to how they will play together.

For years, the reason that players left us and seemed to do so badly elsewhere, is because they were part of an integral whole that allowed them to look better than they really were. The second we started spending money on Gomis, Ayew (number 1), and I'd possibly argue Bony as well however well he played for us), we stopped thinking about how they'd fit and instead started to shoehorn players together based on their individual abilities.

Unless you've enormous amounts of money, that approach results in a disjointed mess that flirts with relegation.
Both Rodgers and Laudrup were good at constructing a team. Monk was dreadful. Bradley even worse. Clement appears to be back to the days of Rodgers and Laudrup in recognising the difference. Hence Mesa. I suspect Mesa would never have been targeted by Monk.
£50M on 09:53 - Jul 7 with 3890 viewsmonmouth

It really all depends on how Clement plans for us to play. If we want to be a set piece/headed goal team, then we are not going to get better than these two (that's not saying they don't do anything else by the way, but it does absolutely shape the team approach).

If on the other hand we want to be a fast paced counter attacking team or quick passing team, then we probably need other personnel. I like Sigurdsson and Llorente...I fear letting go of them for goalscoring alone, but I'm happy to trust Clement, and if I'm honest I'd prefer we aim for a Bayern/Dortmund imitation style of play. But there we are, up to PC.

The proviso there is that some deals are too good to turn down for clubs like us anyway, and I suspect this might be the case here. Particularly as I think both players will be very interested in these deals if they are truly on the ikea table.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

£50M on 10:06 - Jul 7 with 3764 viewsSTID2017

The way I look at it, Clement has had discussions with all the right people within the club and looked at all possible scenarios.
The club wouldn't waste £11 million on a player without having a view to progress.
With Siggy & Llorente if the offers are so big we cannot refuse and the players want to leave, I can see no way the money wont be reinvested in good replacements of Clement's choosing.
Bony was a good shout for a replacement striker, but most importantly if we have to sell, sell soon and get the replacements in ASAP

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

£50M on 10:09 - Jul 7 with 3731 viewslondonlisa2001

£50M on 10:06 - Jul 7 by STID2017

The way I look at it, Clement has had discussions with all the right people within the club and looked at all possible scenarios.
The club wouldn't waste £11 million on a player without having a view to progress.
With Siggy & Llorente if the offers are so big we cannot refuse and the players want to leave, I can see no way the money wont be reinvested in good replacements of Clement's choosing.
Bony was a good shout for a replacement striker, but most importantly if we have to sell, sell soon and get the replacements in ASAP

I genuinely believe Bony is a terrible shout.

Wonderful for us before, but why on earth would anyone buy him now?
£50M on 10:21 - Jul 7 with 3619 viewspencoedjack

£50M on 10:09 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

I agree that vessel has well & truly sailed

Big no from me .....

Went to a evening with Trundle a few months ago he was far from complimentary about Wilf some doubts about his age as well
£50M on 10:23 - Jul 7 with 3599 viewsmonmouth

£50M on 10:21 - Jul 7 by pencoedjack

I agree that vessel has well & truly sailed

Big no from me .....

Went to a evening with Trundle a few months ago he was far from complimentary about Wilf some doubts about his age as well

The bus pass in his kitbag?

His day has been and gone I think.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

£50M on 10:24 - Jul 7 with 3588 viewsSoberBaker

Well he wouldn't command a lot of wages to finance fancy cars etc because he'll be eligible for his free bus pass soon

AMOW

£50M on 10:27 - Jul 7 with 3567 viewsEilian

Good players don't become bad players in the space of a season or two.

His stock has dropped. Now it's a great time to buy a at a lower price.

He already knows the club and we know he fits our style.

I'd imagine that he would be keen to come back as it would allow him to re prove himself at a club where he knows he would be appreciated.

Hopefully that could be reflected in his contact.

It's low hanging fruit for us. A simple transfer for us to complete.

Wet can then concentrate on replacement's is CM

Just my opinion.
£50M on 10:30 - Jul 7 with 3522 viewslondonlisa2001

£50M on 10:27 - Jul 7 by Eilian

I'd imagine that he would be keen to come back as it would allow him to re prove himself at a club where he knows he would be appreciated.

Just my opinion.

But he's older than Llorente.

Good players don't become bad, but they become old.
£50M on 10:35 - Jul 7 with 3477 viewsshandyjack

£50M on 10:30 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

If 28 is older than 32 then i went to the wrong maths classes in school

£50M on 10:37 - Jul 7 with 3458 viewsjasper_T

£50M on 10:35 - Jul 7 by shandyjack

He's not really 28, mate.
£50M on 10:39 - Jul 7 with 3434 viewsshandyjack

£50M on 10:37 - Jul 7 by jasper_T

He's not really 28, mate.

really, well every thing i've read states that he is as of now, guess beacuse he's from an African nation people automatically assume he's older. I just don't buy into it

EDIT:

MRI is used to scan the left wrist of players to accurately find their true age.

Binyam said the executive committee of Caf has instructed its medical committee to investigate extending its use to the Under-20 tournaments.

Okeleji said: "Right now, with the introduction of the MRI scan in Fifa and Africa, the problem has reduced. You look at the Cameroon boy and this case has been overblown. Lazio would not have signed him before using an MRI scan to determine his age."

I highly doubt 3 Premier League clubs would have signed him without confirming his age officially using above technique and other methods
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 10:44]

£50M on 10:46 - Jul 7 with 3378 viewsRichythejack

£50M on 09:49 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

If we do sell and free up a lot of money, my hope is that we go back to the days where we used to spend money on a team rather than on individual players with no thought as to how they will play together.

For years, the reason that players left us and seemed to do so badly elsewhere, is because they were part of an integral whole that allowed them to look better than they really were. The second we started spending money on Gomis, Ayew (number 1), and I'd possibly argue Bony as well however well he played for us), we stopped thinking about how they'd fit and instead started to shoehorn players together based on their individual abilities.

Unless you've enormous amounts of money, that approach results in a disjointed mess that flirts with relegation.
Both Rodgers and Laudrup were good at constructing a team. Monk was dreadful. Bradley even worse. Clement appears to be back to the days of Rodgers and Laudrup in recognising the difference. Hence Mesa. I suspect Mesa would never have been targeted by Monk.

Top Post!!!

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

£50M on 10:47 - Jul 7 with 3373 viewsmajorraglan

£50M on 10:27 - Jul 7 by Eilian

Just my opinion.

Wasn't he taking legal action against his agent and the Swans? If that is the case couldn't see him rejoining.
£50M on 10:57 - Jul 7 with 3308 viewsEilian

£50M on 10:30 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

Yeah I understand your point. Suppose the question is weather or not he is too old or still good enough.

Given past experiences with players performing poorly at other clubs while excelling here, is very that he would be a quality sighing for us.

It's what I would do anyway.
£50M on 11:29 - Jul 7 with 3082 viewslondonlisa2001

£50M on 10:35 - Jul 7 by shandyjack

Sadly I think the chance of Bony being in his twenties is roughly the same as me being in my thirties.
£50M on 12:26 - Jul 7 with 2769 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So if they leave we need to buy players who can produce
15 + 9 = 24 goals and
1 + 13 = 14 assists
Otherwise we will be relegated.
To get those kind of players without paying stupid Prem prices we are going to have to be lucky.
"Are you feeling lucky punk"?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 12:43]
£50M on 12:36 - Jul 7 with 2716 viewsNeath_Jack

£50M on 09:49 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

I generally agree with the gist of your post, but i genuinely think you are giving the managers too much/little credit for player recruitment.
Do you think that PC has gone to Huw and said i want Mesa? It's possible but i doubt it. More realistically PC has said i need this, this and this type of player and you can move these boys out. Then the scouts/agents/Jenkins do the rest, that's not to say that a manager may give a specific name up now and again though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£50M on 12:37 - Jul 7 with 2707 viewsNeath_Jack

£50M on 12:26 - Jul 7 by A_Fans_Dad

So if they leave we need to buy players who can produce
15 + 9 = 24 goals and
1 + 13 = 14 assists
Otherwise we will be relegated.
To get those kind of players without paying stupid Prem prices we are going to have to be lucky.
"Are you feeling lucky punk"?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 12:43]

Way more variables involved in it than that mate. Far too simplistic.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

£50M on 12:46 - Jul 7 with 2618 viewsA_Fans_Dad

£50M on 12:37 - Jul 7 by Neath_Jack

Way more variables involved in it than that mate. Far too simplistic.

Nope, that is all it comes down to, it doesn't matter what else they do, if they do their jobs to make and score enough goals it is up to the rest of the team to do theirs.
If they can't replace the assists & goals lost in Sigi & Llorente leaving we will be stuffed.
£50M on 12:50 - Jul 7 with 2589 viewsNeath_Jack

£50M on 12:46 - Jul 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Nope, that is all it comes down to, it doesn't matter what else they do, if they do their jobs to make and score enough goals it is up to the rest of the team to do theirs.
If they can't replace the assists & goals lost in Sigi & Llorente leaving we will be stuffed.

So we replace them with players with better ratio's, both get injured early part of the season, what then?
We don't replace them with better players, but a couple of our existing ones step up to the plate and blow those figures out of the water.

That's just two off the top of my bonce.

I'm not really that bothered either way if i'm honest, was just bored whilst eating my lunch

£50M on 13:04 - Jul 7 with 2495 viewsA_Fans_Dad

£50M on 12:50 - Jul 7 by Neath_Jack

So we replace them with players with better ratio's, both get injured early part of the season, what then?
We don't replace them with better players, but a couple of our existing ones step up to the plate and blow those figures out of the water.

That's just two off the top of my bonce.

I'm not really that bothered either way if i'm honest, was just bored whilst eating my lunch

Me too, what have you got, I am eating Scambled Eggs and Gammon?
£50M on 13:06 - Jul 7 with 2468 viewsshandyjack

£50M on 13:04 - Jul 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Me too, what have you got, I am eating Scambled Eggs and Gammon?

plain egg or is there a bit of chorizo and spring onion chopped up in it? i had a pie and chips from a military mess

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024