Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Cork to Burnley? 14:16 - Jul 7 with 37249 viewsPapaLazarou

Hearing this one might be happen before we fly off to the USA. Wouldn't be a great surprise tbh, he's probably right down the pecking order now.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:50 - Jul 9 with 4026 viewsTheFranchise

Honestly, I'm so sorry I offended so many of you

The best we can hope for is that there's someone as dumb as HJ in China that want's to pay £50m for Ki.

He has been here for years, signed behind the manager's back and shows about as much desire as Frank Tabanou.

I don't think Cork should be here either but at least he's a trier.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 7:51]
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 21:07 - Jul 9 with 3757 viewsNirvana

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:00 - Jul 9 by STID2017

Unless Cork can improve his game, and Ki can improve his consistency, then neither has a future at the club.
Any players that stay will no doubt benefit from Clement & co's coaching.
I believe the set up we have in place now will bring the best out of any players that Clement decides to retain or sign.

I would agree with this, STID.

I'm no fan of Captain Jack, and he doesn't contribute much besides running around and following directions. But those can be important at times, and we need someone who can play DM.

I'd sell both, and bring someone in that is comfortable coming off the bench and only wants to sit in front of the backline all game. That's what we need, and we don't have one guy in the squad that can do that. Cork is closer to that than Ki, though, and that's why I'd sell Ki first.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:19 - Jul 10 with 3557 viewsKerouac

Being reported that we will get £10m for Cork.

So if this happens we will essentially have replaced him with Roque Mesa for a £1m outlay.
Happy with that.

Get Chalobah in for £5m and I'll be even more pleased.

Flog Ki and use the proceeds (+ some of the Siggy money) to add a couple of creative, attack minded players to the midfield and I'll be chuffed.

Use the rest of the Siggy money and any profit we garner from exchanging Llorente for Aboubakar on adding wingers who can add goals and I'll be ecstatic.

A new right-back and a centre-back who can cover left-back (such as Ben Davies or Badstuber) and...

...pinch me I'm dreaming.

Will never happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:40 - Jul 10 with 3478 viewsBytholWyn

I've never been a big fan of Cork's, mainly because he commits the cardinal sin of "not being Leon". But he's been a solid performer - and in that purple patch immediately after Clement took over he was our most consistent performer and made a major contribution to turning our season around. But he was only capable of taking us so far, and the re-introduction of Leon was essential to getting us over the line.

He's an intelligent player, reads the game well and has good all-round ability. But he's weak in the areas where Leon is strongest - first touch, speed off the mark and quality distribution. So, if he were to leave, especially for £10 million, then I would be very much in favour. Shame, as he's clearly a good character, just not a good fit for us.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:43 - Jul 10 with 3455 viewsmagicdaps10

10M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say that again 10M!!!!!!!!!!!

There is going to be some fight over who will drive him up there for that amount.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:46 - Jul 10 with 3430 viewsmonmouth

Overall, I think Corky has been terrific value for money. Probably is time for a fresh challenge for him now we have a full midfield quota, as I think we've seen his ceiling.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:47 - Jul 10 with 3414 viewsLoyal

10 million is the new 5 million.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:54 - Jul 10 with 3383 viewsUppa_Swans

Overall, my view is sell.

Cork was solid and played out of his skin the season before last. Bradley's tenure definitely tainted him, but the same could be said for many others. He struggled to regain confidence whereas someone like Fernandez (who also stunk under Bradley) did.

He's a capable deputy and doesn't deserve some of the 'I'll drive him there' drivel - but with Mesa coming in maybe this isn't such a bad deal overall.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:14 - Jul 10 with 3302 viewsjack247

We won't get £10m for Cork
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:22 - Jul 10 with 3251 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:40 - Jul 10 by BytholWyn

I've never been a big fan of Cork's, mainly because he commits the cardinal sin of "not being Leon". But he's been a solid performer - and in that purple patch immediately after Clement took over he was our most consistent performer and made a major contribution to turning our season around. But he was only capable of taking us so far, and the re-introduction of Leon was essential to getting us over the line.

He's an intelligent player, reads the game well and has good all-round ability. But he's weak in the areas where Leon is strongest - first touch, speed off the mark and quality distribution. So, if he were to leave, especially for £10 million, then I would be very much in favour. Shame, as he's clearly a good character, just not a good fit for us.

Reads the game well? I'm sorry, but he does not. Leon reads the game well, hence that even with his small stature, is still a solid premier league defensive midfielder.

It will be astonishing if we get £10million for him. Prices are getting ridiculous, things can't be far from coming to a head. I do agree with what you say about his character though, always tried his best and seems a lovely lad, just sadly not good enough for this level, not many are.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:23 - Jul 10 with 3244 viewsLeonWasGod

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:47 - Jul 10 by Loyal

10 million is the new 5 million.

I think it could well be. Tom Lawrence is being linked with a move to Derby for about £7m and he's got practically no PL experience. Tom Ince went from Derby earlier in the year for about £8m. He's another one with hardly any PL experience. Other average players even in the Championship are going for £7-10m. These early career rejects form Chelski are coming in at £10-12m.

In that context £10 m for Jack is about right, no matter how farkin ridiculous that sounds.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:30 - Jul 10 with 3188 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:23 - Jul 10 by LeonWasGod

I think it could well be. Tom Lawrence is being linked with a move to Derby for about £7m and he's got practically no PL experience. Tom Ince went from Derby earlier in the year for about £8m. He's another one with hardly any PL experience. Other average players even in the Championship are going for £7-10m. These early career rejects form Chelski are coming in at £10-12m.

In that context £10 m for Jack is about right, no matter how farkin ridiculous that sounds.

In the context of that, £32m for Siggy is taking the piss. In fairness, so is £11m for Mesa. Cork is a decent player who doesn't often get the credit he deserves. He is more than capable of playing in the PL. He isn't stater quality for us anymore though and he isn't a £10m player.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:35 - Jul 10 with 3156 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:30 - Jul 10 by jack247

In the context of that, £32m for Siggy is taking the piss. In fairness, so is £11m for Mesa. Cork is a decent player who doesn't often get the credit he deserves. He is more than capable of playing in the PL. He isn't stater quality for us anymore though and he isn't a £10m player.

In fairness none of us know the value of Mesa until we see him in the PL.

We'll have to agree to disagree on your opinion on Cork. Nowhere near the standard required to operate in central midfield in this league imo.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:38 - Jul 10 with 3131 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:35 - Jul 10 by 34dfgdf54

In fairness none of us know the value of Mesa until we see him in the PL.

We'll have to agree to disagree on your opinion on Cork. Nowhere near the standard required to operate in central midfield in this league imo.

Fair point on Mesa, I'm basing that on reputation and YouTube clips.

We are never going to agree on Cork. I do agree he isn't worth £10m though.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:45 - Jul 10 with 3078 viewsattila_the_hun

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 14:17 - Jul 7 by Darran

Good he's fuçking crap.

you're supposed to say f*ck him

"I'm Free"

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 12:16 - Jul 10 with 2983 viewsLandore_Jack

Burnley in talks to sign Swansea City midfielder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40557497

#backtojack

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 12:21 - Jul 10 with 2960 viewsDr_Winston

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 10:46 - Jul 10 by monmouth

Overall, I think Corky has been terrific value for money. Probably is time for a fresh challenge for him now we have a full midfield quota, as I think we've seen his ceiling.

This.

A lot of the stick he gets is frankly unfair and misjudged. Overall he's been a fine acquisition. I'd take £10m for him like a shot though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 12:36 - Jul 10 with 2881 viewsLandore_Jack

The majority of Burnley fans are happy with the deal.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18287&start=150

#backtojack

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 12:51 - Jul 10 with 2774 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Midfield of

Carrol -Mesa -Ki

I kind of like that very much

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 14:11 - Jul 10 with 2492 viewsSwan91

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 12:51 - Jul 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

Midfield of

Carrol -Mesa -Ki

I kind of like that very much

I do aswell. and that 10mill would be very useful to get a new striker (Vincent Aboubakar is reported to be that amount) and then can focus on a RB.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 14:12 - Jul 10 with 2479 viewsmacthejack

Essentially swapping Cork for Mesa (plus or minus a few million) is obscene.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 14:18 - Jul 10 with 2441 viewspencoedjack

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 12:21 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

This.

A lot of the stick he gets is frankly unfair and misjudged. Overall he's been a fine acquisition. I'd take £10m for him like a shot though.

Ever thought about becoming a football agent?

Barkley
Naughton
Cork

You sound quite convincing in making them sound decent players
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 14:19 - Jul 10 with 2440 viewsandrew

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 16:58 - Jul 7 by ItchySphincter

F*cking Ki!!!!?? FFS, everyone is f*cking looney today.

Sorry, but under clement I fully agree. Only people that missed the second half of the season would say anything but. Ki was much better than Cork.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 14:26 - Jul 10 with 2389 viewsJFSwan

Ki was excellent in that final run of games that secured our safety. It was either him or Fer, and Fer whilst offering good penetrations is prone to switching off.

Cork has been a tidy player for us, a good tackler and decent in the air. Doesn't do much in possession however and often slows the play down unnecessarily. 10million would be decent just to cover the Mesa deal
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 15:06 - Jul 10 with 2261 viewsDr_Winston

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 14:18 - Jul 10 by pencoedjack

Ever thought about becoming a football agent?

Barkley
Naughton
Cork

You sound quite convincing in making them sound decent players

Seeing as Paul Clement likes the first two and the third is on the verge of an eight figure move to another Premier League club them perhaps you're right?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024