Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Cork to Burnley? 14:16 - Jul 7 with 37250 viewsPapaLazarou

Hearing this one might be happen before we fly off to the USA. Wouldn't be a great surprise tbh, he's probably right down the pecking order now.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 15:10 - Jul 10 with 3666 viewsTheFranchise

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 15:06 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Seeing as Paul Clement likes the first two and the third is on the verge of an eight figure move to another Premier League club them perhaps you're right?

I wouldn't say no to you
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 15:16 - Jul 10 with 3625 viewspencoedjack

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 15:06 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Seeing as Paul Clement likes the first two and the third is on the verge of an eight figure move to another Premier League club them perhaps you're right?

Let's see if Barkley is still here start of the season, if he is to be sold, I believe you would be the best person to speak about his footballing skills to any would be buyer
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 15:19 - Jul 10 with 3609 viewsDr_Winston

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 15:16 - Jul 10 by pencoedjack

Let's see if Barkley is still here start of the season, if he is to be sold, I believe you would be the best person to speak about his footballing skills to any would be buyer

Would imagine anyone who saw his performances for Leeds last season could do a better job.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 21:42 - Jul 10 with 3307 viewsMagic_Michu

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 21:44 - Jul 10 with 3270 viewsDJack

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 15:10 - Jul 10 by TheFranchise

I wouldn't say no to you

Play your cards right and he might ask you!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:10 - Jul 10 with 3149 viewsBytholWyn

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 11:22 - Jul 10 by 34dfgdf54

Reads the game well? I'm sorry, but he does not. Leon reads the game well, hence that even with his small stature, is still a solid premier league defensive midfielder.

It will be astonishing if we get £10million for him. Prices are getting ridiculous, things can't be far from coming to a head. I do agree with what you say about his character though, always tried his best and seems a lovely lad, just sadly not good enough for this level, not many are.

Cork was very poor under Bradley - but then who wasn't. But as soon as Clement came in Cork was immediately transformed - almost like a new signing. HIs judgement on when to sit and when to press was excellent in that spell - and that's what I'm referring to when I say he reads the game well. His problem though is that technically he just isn't in the same league as Leon - not that many defensive mids are. He was a good fit under Monk, but has become a square peg in a round hole. Burnley should be a good fit for him - and if he leaves he goes with my best wishes.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:13 - Jul 10 with 3129 viewsDyfnant

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 21:42 - Jul 10 by Magic_Michu

I hope he signed before that wrecking ball struck

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:16 - Jul 10 with 3091 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:10 - Jul 10 by BytholWyn

Cork was very poor under Bradley - but then who wasn't. But as soon as Clement came in Cork was immediately transformed - almost like a new signing. HIs judgement on when to sit and when to press was excellent in that spell - and that's what I'm referring to when I say he reads the game well. His problem though is that technically he just isn't in the same league as Leon - not that many defensive mids are. He was a good fit under Monk, but has become a square peg in a round hole. Burnley should be a good fit for him - and if he leaves he goes with my best wishes.

You're absolutely right. He is he of those players that people only notice when he does something wrong. He was one of our best players when Clement initially came in, had a major dip like a lot of others around the time we went on a downward spiral and didn't suit the more fluid way we played towards the end of the season.

£10m would be daylight robbery, but he doesn't deserve half the stick he gets.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:20 - Jul 10 with 3051 viewsharryhpalmer

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:16 - Jul 10 by jack247

You're absolutely right. He is he of those players that people only notice when he does something wrong. He was one of our best players when Clement initially came in, had a major dip like a lot of others around the time we went on a downward spiral and didn't suit the more fluid way we played towards the end of the season.

£10m would be daylight robbery, but he doesn't deserve half the stick he gets.

£10m for a player in the last year of his contract.

hardly daylight robbery.

An honest player, who always gives his all. but you can't have him, Leon and Messa in the same squad. I can see Fulton going out on loan too.

But Cork is more sellable, and the right age to move on and use the cash elsewhere in the squad.

We currently have 29 first team players!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:35 - Jul 10 with 2947 viewsNirvana

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 21:42 - Jul 10 by Magic_Michu

Is it just me or is it rather poignant that Cork's glass is literally completely empty in that picture?

And doesn't he look rather sad?

Kinda makes me feel bad for the guy, only ever heard how nice he is.

I'd still sell, mind you. Football doesn't take prisoners.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:40 - Jul 10 with 2913 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:20 - Jul 10 by harryhpalmer

£10m for a player in the last year of his contract.

hardly daylight robbery.

An honest player, who always gives his all. but you can't have him, Leon and Messa in the same squad. I can see Fulton going out on loan too.

But Cork is more sellable, and the right age to move on and use the cash elsewhere in the squad.

We currently have 29 first team players!

I mean we are robbing them. I think he is an underrated player, but don't think he has ever been or will ever be worth £10m.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:44 - Jul 10 with 2878 viewsNirvana

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:40 - Jul 10 by jack247

I mean we are robbing them. I think he is an underrated player, but don't think he has ever been or will ever be worth £10m.

Completely agree, 247.

There's no way we can turn down £10m for him, no matter how well he listens and gets on with the squad.

Sorry Captain Jack, we will remember and appreciate the good time(s):

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:02 - Jul 10 with 2796 viewsspiderboy

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 02:37 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

I'd prefer it if we kept Cork and shipped out Ki, to be honest, but it looks like Ki's injury will prevent that from happening.

Carroll iwas intended to be Ki's replacement and Mesa is Leon's (needs to learn the ropes a bit first, obviously), and Cork gives us a true DM, even though he's not that great at it.

It'd be risky to go into the season with just Mesa and Leon able to play DM, as I don't feel Fulton is ready yet. But we do need to move one or two, and if Burnley wants Captain Jack they can have him.

I,m probably the only one on this site,,,but i reckon Fulton shows a lot of promise,,2 years and he,l come very good..imo
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 00:16 - Jul 11 with 2689 viewsNirvana

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:02 - Jul 10 by spiderboy

I,m probably the only one on this site,,,but i reckon Fulton shows a lot of promise,,2 years and he,l come very good..imo

I do like what I've seen from Fulton, especially this past season, Spider.

But he's clearly not ready, he gets too flustered when on the ball. That equates to not enough game-time, and we should be looking to loan him out to a Championship side where he's guaranteed to be first-choice.

He may well come good, and I hope he does, but it's not going to happen if he's sitting on the bench.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 01:26 - Jul 11 with 2625 viewsjasper_T

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:02 - Jul 10 by spiderboy

If he was going to push on he would have done so by now.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 01:46 - Jul 11 with 2605 viewsRancid

How ordinary could a footballer with 2 legs be? I swear sometimes it's taken me 25 minutes of a game to realize he's playing.Don't believe this off the ball bollox he's suppose to be good at.That's used when an England prospect isn't doing what they'd hope for.Theo Walcott was great off the ball.

Cork was just too uninspiring for us and to make him captain was like putting Loose lipped Lenny in charge of the official secrets act.

The club is doing well all of a sudden off the pitch and things have defintely changed for the better and 10m for Jack Cork rinforces that.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:16 - Jul 11 with 2431 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 01:46 - Jul 11 by Rancid

How ordinary could a footballer with 2 legs be? I swear sometimes it's taken me 25 minutes of a game to realize he's playing.Don't believe this off the ball bollox he's suppose to be good at.That's used when an England prospect isn't doing what they'd hope for.Theo Walcott was great off the ball.

Cork was just too uninspiring for us and to make him captain was like putting Loose lipped Lenny in charge of the official secrets act.

The club is doing well all of a sudden off the pitch and things have defintely changed for the better and 10m for Jack Cork rinforces that.

People still see him as useless and even Dyche being prepared to spend £10m on him doesn't seem to make them think they may have missed something. To put it into context, (if he does end up going for that much) if we were signing him for £10m, it would be the fourth most we had ever played for a player, behind Baston, Bony and Mesa.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:36 - Jul 11 with 2380 viewsDaggyjack

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:16 - Jul 11 by jack247

People still see him as useless and even Dyche being prepared to spend £10m on him doesn't seem to make them think they may have missed something. To put it into context, (if he does end up going for that much) if we were signing him for £10m, it would be the fourth most we had ever played for a player, behind Baston, Bony and Mesa.

Just because another team is prepared to spend what would be our 4th highest transfer doesn't make him any good, that's pretty obvious.

Cork is a solid squad player, nothing more and £10 million...that's crazy. Sell 100% and buy Santiago Arias wirh the cash.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:51 - Jul 11 with 2343 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 01:46 - Jul 11 by Rancid

Spot on.

I still don't believe we are getting £10mill for him, and if we are, the vast majority will be add on clauses.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:53 - Jul 11 with 2343 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:36 - Jul 11 by Daggyjack

Just because another team is prepared to spend what would be our 4th highest transfer doesn't make him any good, that's pretty obvious.

Cork is a solid squad player, nothing more and £10 million...that's crazy. Sell 100% and buy Santiago Arias wirh the cash.

I don't think he is worth £10m either. Sean Dyche clearly does. One of us is wrong.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 08:03 - Jul 11 with 2302 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:53 - Jul 11 by jack247

I don't think he is worth £10m either. Sean Dyche clearly does. One of us is wrong.

Sean Dyche is the exact reason I'll be putting money on Burnley getting relegated this season.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 08:51 - Jul 11 with 2166 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 08:03 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Sean Dyche is the exact reason I'll be putting money on Burnley getting relegated this season.

You'll have two reasons if this transfer goes through
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 09:15 - Jul 11 with 2068 viewsherbie

Good solid honest pro who would go with my thanks for what he has done for the club. I can understand why he is going given the personnel we now have who can play that role, but cannot understand anyone who has an uneccessary pop at him. That should be reserved for those clearly not giving their all. We have had a few of those!
I wish him well at his new club.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 09:22 - Jul 11 with 2032 viewsJango

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 08:03 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Bit harsh on Dyche there. He's done a very good for Burnley.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 09:25 - Jul 11 with 2012 viewsraynor94

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 09:22 - Jul 11 by Jango

Bit harsh on Dyche there. He's done a very good for Burnley.

100% agree, done a tremendous job there, on a limited budget

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024