Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Cork to Burnley? 14:16 - Jul 7 with 36815 viewsPapaLazarou

Hearing this one might be happen before we fly off to the USA. Wouldn't be a great surprise tbh, he's probably right down the pecking order now.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:21 - Jul 11 with 2259 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:05 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Please, please shut up saying crap like that. You do honestly believe you are some sort of footballing oracle don't you?

Clement worked Cork out, he dropped him, form improved, midfield got on top in games. He's on the touch line every game.

Not at all, there are plenty of people on here whose views on football I really respect and can see they have a deeper understanding of the game than I do.

You have admitted yourself you don't see many games live, I can see where you're coming from. He isn't a match of the day type player. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a correlation between people who think Cork is shit and rate Montero.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:21 - Jul 11 with 2259 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:14 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

Fair play. Takes some doing to blame our poor run midway into Clement's tenure on Cork rather than the almost totally synchronous absence of Llorente leaving us playing a shortarse as a targetman.

You could almost wonder how the hell we won five out of Clement's first eight league games with Cork in the team.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cork was positionly terrible, didn't even have the pace to recover, poor in possession and slow in thought. He had the odd good game, but generally when I watched him I felt he was completely out of his depth.

If you don't agree, then fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but having planet swans very own Pep Guardiola trying to tell anyone with a different opinion haven't got a clue what they are watching is getting a bit tiresome.

Wish Jack all the very best in the future, nice lad and obviously was very popular with teammates, but wasn't good enough, the notable difference when he was replaced says a lot.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 22:24]
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:23 - Jul 11 with 2243 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:21 - Jul 11 by jack247

Not at all, there are plenty of people on here whose views on football I really respect and can see they have a deeper understanding of the game than I do.

You have admitted yourself you don't see many games live, I can see where you're coming from. He isn't a match of the day type player. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a correlation between people who think Cork is shit and rate Montero.

You may well be right about Montero. If Clement gets rid, then there are reasons for it obviously.

We'll see
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:24 - Jul 11 with 2236 viewspencoedjack

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:21 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Cork was positionly terrible, didn't even have the pace to recover, poor in possession and slow in thought. He had the odd good game, but generally when I watched him I felt he was completely out of his depth.

If you don't agree, then fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but having planet swans very own Pep Guardiola trying to tell anyone with a different opinion haven't got a clue what they are watching is getting a bit tiresome.

Wish Jack all the very best in the future, nice lad and obviously was very popular with teammates, but wasn't good enough, the notable difference when he was replaced says a lot.

I agree

Seems a nice bloke did an OK job but to make a 5 million profit on him is a big bonus.

Very limited footballer
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:24 - Jul 11 with 2233 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:21 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Really not sure where you're getting that from, you state your opinion just as strongly as I do.

It's not as if I've got a minority' view on this one is it?
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:27 - Jul 11 with 2215 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:24 - Jul 11 by jack247

Really not sure where you're getting that from, you state your opinion just as strongly as I do.

Telling Darran he should know better because he goes to games.

Give over mate ffs.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:27 - Jul 11 with 2211 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:23 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

You may well be right about Montero. If Clement gets rid, then there are reasons for it obviously.

We'll see

Yes and you were giving me all kinds of 'Pep' shit about that too. And Barrow for a while. There are pretty obvious reasons for getting rid of Montero. No-one wants him for the same reasons.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:29 - Jul 11 with 2187 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:27 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Telling Darran he should know better because he goes to games.

Give over mate ffs.

You get a much better perspective at the game, you don't just follow the little square the ball is in. Surely you can't disagree with that?
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:31 - Jul 11 with 2162 viewsploppy

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:24 - Jul 11 by jack247

Seeing as we're voting on whether Cork was any good I'll add my opinion.

I thought he was limited. No pace. Not suited to our quick passing game (if that's what we do these days). Positionally poor. Slightly pigeon-toed, and I don't like that in footballers (see Wayne Routledge also). We were much better when he was replaced by Leon.

Caveat: It's just my opinion and I haven't played football at a very high level.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:32 - Jul 11 with 2161 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:29 - Jul 11 by jack247

You get a much better perspective at the game, you don't just follow the little square the ball is in. Surely you can't disagree with that?

Do you go to many away games? I assume you have a season ticket.

F*ck me the way you speak I should assume you're Paul Clement but Montero would have been gone by now and Rotledge would be captain so you can't be.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 22:35]
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:38 - Jul 11 with 2109 viewsFireboy2

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 21:54 - Jul 11 by union_jack

Injured!? Is that right?

Jeez, he should be pensioned off if that's the case.

If he was a horse he would have a bolt put through his swede
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:38 - Jul 11 with 2106 views34dfgdf54

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:31 - Jul 11 by ploppy

Seeing as we're voting on whether Cork was any good I'll add my opinion.

I thought he was limited. No pace. Not suited to our quick passing game (if that's what we do these days). Positionally poor. Slightly pigeon-toed, and I don't like that in footballers (see Wayne Routledge also). We were much better when he was replaced by Leon.

Caveat: It's just my opinion and I haven't played football at a very high level.

You must not have watched us play live at all then.

Because everything you have said there completely contradicts the opinions of jack247, and he's always there look.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:41 - Jul 11 with 2087 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:32 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Do you go to many away games? I assume you have a season ticket.

F*ck me the way you speak I should assume you're Paul Clement but Montero would have been gone by now and Rotledge would be captain so you can't be.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 22:35]

No, 2 or 3 a season, 3 last year and yes, I've got a season ticket. I stream most away games. Cork invariably looked better live.

Montero has got a contract with us. Nothing Clement can do about that. See what happens if we get an £8m bid for him.

You've always misrepresented what be said about Routledge, I've always maintained he should be in the team until someone better comes along. I'd pick him ahead of Montero or Barrow 7 days a week. If none of them were in the team. I'd have them both over him as impact subs. When Ayew arrived, I was underwhelmed but he quickly proved me wrong and now I don't see any need to start Routledge. Someone better has come along.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:43 - Jul 11 with 2079 viewsDyfnant

Thankfully the management team worked out he's not good enough.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:45 - Jul 11 with 2067 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:38 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Because everything you have said there completely contradicts the opinions of jack247, and he's always there look.

If you've got a point to debate, go for it. If you're just going to be childish I'll leave you to it.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:47 - Jul 11 with 2056 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:43 - Jul 11 by Dyfnant

Thankfully the management team worked out he's not good enough.

Wouldn't really disagree with that. He certainly isn't suited to the style we used to play and if we are going to go back to that, it's time to move on. We got a very good price for him. Far more suited to the type of football that Monk played really. I think he will do well at Burnley
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:49 - Jul 11 with 2046 viewsploppy

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:38 - Jul 11 by 34dfgdf54

Opinions, eh? Just like ar$eoles - everybody's got one. Don't forget, on PS, if you haven't played football at a high level, your opinion doesn't count.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:18 - Jul 11 with 1940 viewsLoyal

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:49 - Jul 11 by ploppy

Opinions, eh? Just like ar$eoles - everybody's got one. Don't forget, on PS, if you haven't played football at a high level, your opinion doesn't count.

I actually played on West Brom's pitch as a kid.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:31 - Jul 11 with 1908 viewsploppy

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:18 - Jul 11 by Loyal

Can't beat that I'm afraid. I did play on Port Talbot Town's pitch once. And Haverfordwest's.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:38 - Jul 11 with 1880 viewsDarran

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:31 - Jul 11 by ploppy

Can't beat that I'm afraid. I did play on Port Talbot Town's pitch once. And Haverfordwest's.

I was on the pitch at Wembley for AC/DC so suck on that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:46 - Jul 11 with 1867 viewsploppy

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:38 - Jul 11 by Darran

I was on the pitch at Wembley for AC/DC so suck on that.

Fair enough. That entitles you to have an opinion about Jack Cork.
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:46 - Jul 11 with 1861 viewsDyfnant

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 22:47 - Jul 11 by jack247

Wouldn't really disagree with that. He certainly isn't suited to the style we used to play and if we are going to go back to that, it's time to move on. We got a very good price for him. Far more suited to the type of football that Monk played really. I think he will do well at Burnley

I liked him early on but his effectivness diminished with us over time. If his replacement has a similar effect to Neil Taylor's we'll be laughing

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 06:18 - Jul 12 with 1668 viewsjack247

Jack Cork to Burnley? on 23:46 - Jul 11 by Dyfnant

I liked him early on but his effectivness diminished with us over time. If his replacement has a similar effect to Neil Taylor's we'll be laughing

Oh, I'm pretty sure Mesa is going to be an upgrade...
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:15 - Jul 12 with 1571 viewsFireboy2

I used to nip over the wall to play on the vetch a sh!tload of times in the summer as a kid

Does that count
Jack Cork to Burnley? on 07:23 - Jul 12 with 1554 viewsSoberBaker

Doesn't really get much higher than that

AMOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024