Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Gylfi Rumours 22:57 - Jul 8 with 6772 viewsSS2013

Getting stronger by the day, 32m .... Surley we would be mad to let him go for under 40 in this market ?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 23:01]

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:02 - Jul 8 with 4188 viewsDr_Winston

This is Jenkins we're talking about. The man who thought Ben Davies was worth £17m less than Luke Shaw.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:04 - Jul 8 with 4168 viewsSS2013

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:02 - Jul 8 by Dr_Winston

This is Jenkins we're talking about. The man who thought Ben Davies was worth £17m less than Luke Shaw.

Fair shout !

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:12 - Jul 8 with 4101 viewsTummer_from_Texas

You may be right, but I still think/hope HJ needs Levien and Kaplan to go along with this, and I still think/hope they won't.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:14 - Jul 8 with 4083 viewsNeathJack

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:12 - Jul 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

You may be right, but I still think/hope HJ needs Levien and Kaplan to go along with this, and I still think/hope they won't.

Levien and Kaplan don't have a clue when it comes to this sort of thing and I'm certain will be relying completely on the inhabitant of Nose City.
The Gylfi Rumours on 23:19 - Jul 8 with 4050 viewsDarran

I love Gylfi but I'll drive him there myself for £32million.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:33 - Jul 8 with 3975 viewsTheResurrection

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:19 - Jul 8 by Darran

You're right. It's a ridiculously fair price and some Swans fans have lost their facking marbles and turned into Prima-donna, Prawn sandwich munching, Premier League pricks.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:39 - Jul 8 with 3937 viewsBigPhilG

Well if we sell Gylfi for £32M plus, then Jerkins will be able to get at least six more £5M players in, maybe more
The Gylfi Rumours on 23:48 - Jul 8 with 3869 viewsAl_Bundy

Wonder if the Rooney move to Everton will offset Everton's interest in Gylfi.
Login to get fewer ads

The Gylfi Rumours on 00:03 - Jul 9 with 3801 viewsLoyal

Problem is you are saying it's a great deal and letting people you don't trust have the money.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Gylfi Rumours on 00:50 - Jul 9 with 3685 viewsNirvana

Allow me to bring some reason into a topic there isn't much of at this point, Darran.

Selling our best players well below market value is the most idiotic aspect of our transfer dealings, among many. This isn't a Payet to Marseille situation here, where West Ham were forced to take a cut-rate offer just to get rid of a guy who made his unhappiness very clear, and very publicly.

Siggy has not asked out and has only EVER said he loves playing for us. Even the infamous "big club dream" comments could be interpreted to mean he would like to see Swansea achieve that while at the club. We've been in the Europa League recently, and we finished 8th his second season with us. One could reason he wants Swansea to be a "big club" playing in Europe, and that is absolutely achievable.

It would become a fantasy if we continue to sell the crown jewels simply because someone throws some money our way. It's stupid, reductive, and extremely near-sighted. We will eventually get relegated with no clear way back up, and it would've happened already if it weren't for Siggy in the first place. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong or a liar with an agenda.
The Gylfi Rumours on 00:52 - Jul 9 with 3684 viewsThursday

Don't we have that sports consultant on retainer to evaluate transfers?
The Gylfi Rumours on 00:57 - Jul 9 with 3669 viewsmahoss

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:33 - Jul 8 by TheResurrection

You're right. It's a ridiculously fair price and some Swans fans have lost their facking marbles and turned into Prima-donna, Prawn sandwich munching, Premier League pricks.

Fair price ?,really............,
When Lukaku goes for 90 mil
I think not,got a feeling the Americans will play hardball over this (rightly so)
40million starting point.
The Gylfi Rumours on 01:02 - Jul 9 with 3660 viewsE20Jack

£32m still feels on the low side for someone regarded as the best midfielder outside the top 4 and best set piece player in the Prem (whether he is either is another debate) slap bang in the prime of his career at 27 years old with several wealthy clubs interested, and a long contract... we hold all the cards.

I would say between £37m and £40m and we sell with our blessings.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Gylfi Rumours on 03:26 - Jul 9 with 3531 viewskyswans

Replace quality with quality and I've got no problem selling Gylfi/Mawson/Llorente.

Problem is that we've rarely replaced quality with quality since ML left.
The Gylfi Rumours on 06:25 - Jul 9 with 3379 viewsKinsey

40 mil, 50 mil, 80 mil. It's irrelevant, it'll all go in those greedy b4std's pocket anyway and not into strengthening the team. We'd be lucky to get a 5mil player out of it.
The Gylfi Rumours on 06:45 - Jul 9 with 3341 viewsSTID2017

The Gylfi Rumours on 23:33 - Jul 8 by TheResurrection

The points you are missing is not how much is he worth in reality, but:
1 - How much is he worth compared to the very inflated prices being paid for some very average players.
2 - If Everton are the club who wants him, then they are spending money like water, so make them pay as much as possible for him.
3 - His value to Swansea is far greater than £30 million, whatever your misguided beliefs,.
Without Gylfi's goals and assists and Llorente's goals, we would have been sunk without trace last season, and if we sell one or both of these and fail to replace them with players of equal or better quality (IMO impossible with the money we would spend) then we will go down this season.
I know you hate Gylfi & Llorente with a vengeance and I don't know why, but it will give me no pleasure to revisit this post at the end of next season and say "I told you so"
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 6:52]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Gylfi Rumours on 06:48 - Jul 9 with 3329 viewsSTID2017

£32 for a player who has played a major part in keeping us up in three separate seasons is a pittance
The amount we've earned by staying up from TV rights etc, far outweighs a paltry £32 million (in footballing terms)

The Gylfi Rumours on 06:50 - Jul 9 with 3321 viewsSTID2017

The Gylfi Rumours on 00:50 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

Allow me to bring some reason into a topic there isn't much of at this point, Darran.

Selling our best players well below market value is the most idiotic aspect of our transfer dealings, among many. This isn't a Payet to Marseille situation here, where West Ham were forced to take a cut-rate offer just to get rid of a guy who made his unhappiness very clear, and very publicly.

Siggy has not asked out and has only EVER said he loves playing for us. Even the infamous "big club dream" comments could be interpreted to mean he would like to see Swansea achieve that while at the club. We've been in the Europa League recently, and we finished 8th his second season with us. One could reason he wants Swansea to be a "big club" playing in Europe, and that is absolutely achievable.

It would become a fantasy if we continue to sell the crown jewels simply because someone throws some money our way. It's stupid, reductive, and extremely near-sighted. We will eventually get relegated with no clear way back up, and it would've happened already if it weren't for Siggy in the first place. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong or a liar with an agenda.

Spot on

The Gylfi Rumours on 07:03 - Jul 9 with 3289 viewsMeraki

Anyone who is happy to let Gylfi go has no foresight whatsoever, £32m in the bank in the short term, how much do we get for staying in the Prem?
The Gylfi Rumours on 07:29 - Jul 9 with 3227 viewsDr_Winston

What matters more is what other, similar players are going for. If Everton and Leicester are holding out for more than £40m for the likes of Barkley and Mahrez then why on Earth would we accept less for Siggy?

Whether people agree that he's worth it or not is irrelevant. It's about making sure we're not stupid enough to throw away millions by not being strong enough to obtain comparative fees.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Gylfi Rumours on 07:31 - Jul 9 with 3221 viewsDrGonzo

Everton sign Keane and Pickford for 30 million each, and 32 for Gylfi is a reasonable price? Bonkers boys.
The Gylfi Rumours on 08:16 - Jul 9 with 3074 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

They bought Michael Keane for £30 million

Who ever he is ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Gylfi Rumours on 08:30 - Jul 9 with 2980 viewsmagicdaps10

32m is too low.

Pickford went for 30m for gods sake. People who think its fair are looking at the money alone. In todays market then he has to be worth 40m.
I just hope it starts from 32m.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Gylfi Rumours on 08:45 - Jul 9 with 2894 viewsjack247

The Gylfi Rumours on 07:31 - Jul 9 by DrGonzo

Everton sign Keane and Pickford for 30 million each, and 32 for Gylfi is a reasonable price? Bonkers boys.

THe market does seem to have inflated significantly. I'd have said £32m was a fantastic price for him a year ago, now I'm not sure we can't squeeze more out of them
The Gylfi Rumours on 08:47 - Jul 9 with 2878 views34dfgdf54

Care to elaborate on why you think that's a good price in today's market?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024