Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi's Replacement 08:15 - Jul 9 with 6966 viewsmagicdaps10

For me it has to be Ryad Boudebouz.
Also have to use the money to get a quality winger in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi's Replacement on 09:42 - Jul 10 with 1912 viewsairedale

Steven Dobbie, could still do a job.
Gylfi's Replacement on 09:51 - Jul 10 with 1876 viewsSTID2017

I don't want Gylfi or Llorente to go.
However if they do and we get £40 - £50 million, my biggest fear is that only a small amount of that money will find it's way back into buying equal or better replacements (which IMO we will not find)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi's Replacement on 15:21 - Jul 15 with 1687 viewsgiantstoneater

Another disappointing aspect of this whole affair is that the board didn`t see this coming and have failed to line up any sort of replacement, I mean it was as far back as April when the "done deal" stories started to come out.
Gylfi's Replacement on 15:26 - Jul 15 with 1666 viewsTheFranchise

Gylfi's Replacement on 15:21 - Jul 15 by giantstoneater

Another disappointing aspect of this whole affair is that the board didn`t see this coming and have failed to line up any sort of replacement, I mean it was as far back as April when the "done deal" stories started to come out.

With the greatest respect, none of us have any idea what's going on.

Links and speculation are just that.
Gylfi's Replacement on 15:41 - Jul 15 with 1612 viewsSwan91

They don't need to look... unless they receive an offer and think it through. For them there was no official bid and Gylfi was still planning on going to USA with the rest... it was only hours before they were going to leave that Gylfi said he would not go...

I'm sure they have replacements in mind.. but didn't need to act until all this stuff happened.
Gylfi's Replacement on 16:01 - Jul 15 with 1553 viewsraynor94

With respect, that's hardly something you can hold against the Club, yes the rumours were Everton were interested, but have they made a concrete offer, and nobody expected Gylfi to pull out the night before the tour, obviously illegally tapped

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi's Replacement on 16:37 - Jul 15 with 1493 viewsDJack

Gylfi's Replacement on 16:01 - Jul 15 by raynor94

With respect, that's hardly something you can hold against the Club, yes the rumours were Everton were interested, but have they made a concrete offer, and nobody expected Gylfi to pull out the night before the tour, obviously illegally tapped

Even after putting aside your points Rayns, he fails to allow for the fact that al small clubs have to wait for the scraps. We all know that the big clubs get in first and everyone else waits to see what they can get/ replace - it's a bit like selling your home and you are in a chain...just waiting to get gazumped as the players agents are crooked.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:05 - Jul 15 with 1451 viewsgiantstoneater

You`ve always got to have short term and long term planning If I was a betting man I would have put money on Siggy leaving so we should have at least drawn up a list of potential replacements. It seems to be a recurring theme with us we haven`t really come up with suitable replacements for Leon and Angel (fingers crossed for "Rocky") Not having a pop at the club for the fact that Siggy wants to leave, that`s up to him, but I would like to thought they might have brought in a suitable replacement before Siggy`s fee was known it will now be harder for us to do just that as other clubs will know how much we will have banked in the deal. One thing is for sure though I don`t know whats going on few of us do.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:16 - Jul 15 with 1416 viewsDJack

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:05 - Jul 15 by giantstoneater

You`ve always got to have short term and long term planning If I was a betting man I would have put money on Siggy leaving so we should have at least drawn up a list of potential replacements. It seems to be a recurring theme with us we haven`t really come up with suitable replacements for Leon and Angel (fingers crossed for "Rocky") Not having a pop at the club for the fact that Siggy wants to leave, that`s up to him, but I would like to thought they might have brought in a suitable replacement before Siggy`s fee was known it will now be harder for us to do just that as other clubs will know how much we will have banked in the deal. One thing is for sure though I don`t know whats going on few of us do.

So who says that they'd not done that? Your last statement is the accurate one - not having a go, genuinely.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:25 - Jul 15 with 1371 viewsjack247

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:05 - Jul 15 by giantstoneater

They will have players lined up. Obviously it will be a pretty fluid list as players sign new contracts, move to other clubs, get injured etc.

I'm only guessing, but I wouldn't expect a replacement before he leaves.
Gylfi's Replacement on 17:29 - Jul 15 with 1353 viewsgiantstoneater

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:16 - Jul 15 by DJack

So who says that they'd not done that? Your last statement is the accurate one - not having a go, genuinely.

They`ve got a few weeks to get a replacement in for sure but to my liking they`re a bit slow out of the blocks like PC I was hoping most of our business would have been done in time for pre-season. They probably have been looking but I would have thought it would have been a matter of urgency on their part. Know you`re not having a go I do see your point and we are on a forum after all but do you think I should call you a name for disagreeing with me it is the "norm" after all!!
Gylfi's Replacement on 17:33 - Jul 15 with 1329 viewsDJack

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:29 - Jul 15 by giantstoneater

They`ve got a few weeks to get a replacement in for sure but to my liking they`re a bit slow out of the blocks like PC I was hoping most of our business would have been done in time for pre-season. They probably have been looking but I would have thought it would have been a matter of urgency on their part. Know you`re not having a go I do see your point and we are on a forum after all but do you think I should call you a name for disagreeing with me it is the "norm" after all!!

I call myself names often enough on here...So go on, have a go

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:37 - Jul 15 with 1311 viewsgiantstoneater

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:33 - Jul 15 by DJack

I call myself names often enough on here...So go on, have a go

How about YJB! (one of those smiley things)
Gylfi's Replacement on 18:14 - Jul 15 with 1254 viewsOldjack

What's the latest on empty head?anyone

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi's Replacement on 18:16 - Jul 15 with 1246 viewsDJack

Gylfi's Replacement on 18:14 - Jul 15 by Oldjack

What's the latest on empty head?anyone

Stuff rarely happens on a weekend and even if there has been action we won't know until the weekday(s).

Gylfi's Replacement on 18:19 - Jul 15 with 1236 viewsOldjack

Gylfi's Replacement on 18:16 - Jul 15 by DJack

Stuff rarely happens on a weekend and even if there has been action we won't know until the weekday(s).

ffs the shops are open on Saturday & Sundays theses days mind ,cheers

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi's Replacement on 19:20 - Jul 15 with 1101 viewsJENKINSOUT

Gylfi's Replacement on 17:29 - Jul 15 by giantstoneater

as much a I hate the current board especially the chief player picker with respect how do you know that there isn't a list for possible replacements in a scenario like this
is it just because the newspapers dont report anything?
EDITED TO REMOVE INSULT WHICH I APOLOGISE FOR
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 19:20]

Poll: is the res right or wrong on jenkins

Gylfi's Replacement on 19:56 - Jul 15 with 989 viewsJBT95

Gylfi's Replacement on 15:26 - Jul 9 by Daggyjack

I would think that the club, better prepared now under PC, will have a replacement lined up, especially as Siggy moving has been on the cards for a while now.

I'm still hoping for a RB, CB, a winger, a forward and a replacement for Siggy if he goes.

Naughton has signed a new deal. Can't see us getting another RB.
Why the hell do we need a CB? We have 4 which are good enough, especially the main 2 from last year.
We won't sign another striker unless Llorente goes - we have Abraham, Ayew and McBurnie.
A winger, maybe but we need to ship out at least one of Barrow (hopefully) and/or Montero (probably).
Gylfi's Replacement on 20:07 - Jul 15 with 961 viewsgiantstoneater

As I`ve said in an earlier post there probably is a list I just wish the would have acted a little earlier now, should we sell Siggy which is most likely, it will be that much harder the other clubs knowing how much we have in our war chest. If it makes you feel better insult away!!
Gylfi's Replacement on 23:09 - Jul 15 with 803 viewsKilkennyjack

Ross Barkley.
He cant stay at Everton now, can he ?

Beware of the Risen People

Gylfi's Replacement on 23:13 - Jul 15 with 797 viewsmonmouth

Gylfi's Replacement on 19:56 - Jul 15 by JBT95

Naughton has signed a new deal. Can't see us getting another RB.
Why the hell do we need a CB? We have 4 which are good enough, especially the main 2 from last year.
We won't sign another striker unless Llorente goes - we have Abraham, Ayew and McBurnie.
A winger, maybe but we need to ship out at least one of Barrow (hopefully) and/or Montero (probably).

Aye you'd think Fer or even Ki will play at the tip of the diamond with Abraham and Ayew up top (if Llorente and Sigurdsson are sold). We could do with another player somewhere that can actually score goals though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024